PDA

View Full Version : Magic Apple of multiclassing! Need help.

Banana3lf
2018-08-31, 11:05 PM
Hey guys,
So in my current campaign I play a half orc champion fighter 3/barbarian frenzy 5. I recently won our latest batle royale and in the royale the supernatual being that made us fight gave me an apple with some unique properties as well as making me the only person to remember our fight.
The Apple:
When eaten (can only be consumed by you) you may choose one of the following;
1. On your next level up you may level into a class you do not have prerequisites for.
2. You may permanantly switch two of your ability scores.
3. You may switch a level in a class you currently have for a class in another (that you do have prerequisites for)

I am attempting to figure out what direction I should go with this if any. And also how to RP this correctly without it being forced.

I have a couple choices in mind but first let me show you Durtz;

Str 19
Dex 18
Con 18
Int 7
Wis 10
Cha 15

He has GWM and a frost brand warhammer. Fighting style re roll 1's and 2's

1st option that comes to mind is to go into a full cast class along with paladin 2 or paladin 3 devotion to get lots of smiting power.

However 2nd option of simply pursuing fighter to lvl 7 for a 3rd attack (as per my DM's rules switching lvl 5 and 7 but still allowing extra attack to stack. Switching 5 and 7 as a multiclass penalty)

3rd option is to switch something for intellegence. Not sure what.

4th is to switch champion 3 to warlock and get hexblades curse. But is that too much to try and sort out before a fight?

Let me know what you guys think. I am very open to ideas and obviously rolled these stats, they are not point buy.

Blood of Gaea
2018-09-01, 02:07 AM
You could swap Cha and Wis, then get Resilient (Wis) later on down the line.

You could also swap Fighter for Rogue and get expertise in Athletics for amazing grapples.

El_Jairo
2018-10-14, 01:23 PM
You could swap Cha and Wis, then get Resilient (Wis) later on down the line.

This, seems a good way to improve your build if you already like it how it is. I was a little intrigued on why you have such a high CHA score.