PDA

View Full Version : Black Crusade IC

DrK
2018-09-01, 03:30 PM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/7/79/13th_Black_Cruade.png/revision/latest?cb=20110511090828

Black Crusade - Corrupting the Spear of Drusus

The shimmering crackling barrier between the aether and real space ripped and teared before closing with a silent scream. Ripples of warp stuff and flares of reality wash across the geller fields as they settle down with the return to the real. The Spear of Drusus plunged into the edges of the system. The ship was vast, almost 5km long with a crew of almost 40'000 before the inclusion of the close to 200,000 pilgrims crammed into the cargo bays and the arboretum. The underside houses the ancient and mysterious plasma scoops designed to absorb the energy of entire stars. An unknown system welcome the Spear of Drusus, a handful of empty rocky lumps and a lone swirling gas giant surrounding a blue plasma star at it heart. The star the direction of travel for the Spear as it needed to recharge all of its systems.

Deep in the heart of the ship the starboard cargo bay had been converted into a thriving bazaar. Hundreds of modular hab units assembled into tightly packed streets and markets where the pilgrims and would be colonists for the far of Demsene Reach prepared for their new lives and built, bred and worshiped in the artificial caves. Beyond the cargo bay, down the winding myriad corridors thronged with people, small stalls and countless chambers, spaces and berths for ship's personnel lies a small hatch that several slightly shady people lurk nearby warding others away. Down the hatch smaller and darker corridors lead to a second town of fighting pits, brothels, drug dens and liquor dens wedged deep in the outer hull amidst the pipes and conduits of the dark spaces.

In the well titled "Zenga's Hole" there were a crowd of some 18 scruffy looking pilgrims and deserters from the crew all sat on crude steel benches and propped up near a large industrial looking still. Around the back of the small berth a collection of others were also gathered, although there purpose was far darker than others...

Intro the PCs...

Gunhaven
2018-09-02, 01:16 AM
Kristof didn't attempt to hide his presence. There was no point to it when everything in a room gets coated with a thin layer of frost when he entered it. Instead the overweight man was perpetually jolly and his voice was warm, as a direct contrast to the cold he brought. This time was no different, his approach foretold when he caused the area to drop in temperature and the air to grow heavy with frost.

His smile was bright as he worked his way through the tavern and into a nice corner where others wouldn't be so cold while in his presence. He waited for the others in joyful silence, humming an old tune once one arrived and only stopping when the rest showed up. Finally he said in his merry tone "Comrades! So pleased to meet everyone. Is this place not just the coziest hole in the hull?"
He closed his eyes as he sent to his comrades another message. "So where would you like to start? I believe a good start would be to convert a place like here, some place out of the way of those who would want to stop us. Then we can move on to a larger settlement, maybe eventually a whole cargo bay before the Emperor's lap dogs catch on to our little plan."
So gonna use Thought Sending. Unfettered so Psy Rating 3.
[roll0] vs 50 (Base Willpower) + 40 (Simple Test) + 15 (5 * 3PR).
If I get doubles then: [roll1] Perils in case I need it.

I get 1 person for every 2 degrees of success.

Xenopax
2018-09-02, 02:38 AM
Kharneth whispers "The Fight Pits call to me. The Battle-lord has his eyes upon the warriors within. The Deciever and the Prince could find root and followers of the Nobles watching over it all, and there will be many Wounded to give to the Grandfather,"
He fiddles with a combat knife, carving into the table random symbols, hoping that through them one of the four grants him a sign.

Retias
2018-09-02, 09:02 AM
Teris Nott sat at the table, dressed in what had once been a guard uniform and was now tattered clothing over still functional armour. She had stripped own her las pistol and was working on carefully cleaning and checking the different elements that made it up, the tang of cleaning oils in the air. Her eyes looked up as words entered both her ears and her mind, fixing her attention on Kristof, the right side of her face heavily scarred by a bullet wound and what appeared to be rough surgery. "I ain't no planner." Her gaze briefly went to Kharneth and his muttering. "Mostly a blade others use." She let out a quiet sigh. "But if I'm to get any payment from this.. what's your end goal?" She directed her attention to Kristof. "The ship captured, destroyed, someone high up caught with their pants down? Generals, the decent ones.." She snorted at that thought. "Elusive sorts.. Anyhow, they decide their end goal, then work back from that, and make sure they have lots of back ups. Every plan goes belly up, so you make sure you're ready when yours does."

Xenopax
2018-09-02, 10:35 AM
"When the Plan goes awry then...Blood for the Blood God," Kharneth grins but theres nothing humane about it. If his comrades look closely they would see that each of his teeth are slightly sharpened.

Emperor Ing
2018-09-02, 12:24 PM
Naris sat, lounging on a nearby chair with a sly grin. He wore a basic officer's uniform, something easy to have 'go missing' when you need to go incognito among the flock of the Imperium. Something shockingly simple, given one typically can only recognize an Ecclesiarchial Preacher by their extravagant robes. Fortunately for these heretics, he was not here to bust them, in fact quite the opposite.

Discretion is wisdom, my militant friend. He asked Kharneth. The wrong set of ears could interpret your words one way or another. Certainly the Adepta Sororitas would dare not grace us with their favor. The code should be obvious, stay away from the Sisters. You will do excellently, make no mistake.

For now, let us survey our fellows. They deserve to know the truth, that they are vital to this ship. Irreplaceable. The Spear of Drusus cannot fly without them. He grinned.

DrK
2018-09-02, 04:11 PM
As they talk amongst themselves the heretics glance around - the shady drinking hole filled with drunks, drug addicts and deserters hiding from the roving patrols of the ship's armsmen who would see them spaced for their crimes. From the small cramped corridor strung with crackling power lines and dripping sewage pipes that leave stains and filthy marks on the grilled floors the roars from the fighting arena can be heard. The fighting pit is brutal here, not the octagonal ring with pict recorders and the like on the upper decks where chosen crew fight in front of their officers, these pits were savage and brutal and death was more common than not. Patches in the outerhull allowing an easy route to dump the bodies.

A sudden stench fills the small chamber overwhelming the wheezing HVAC units briefly as a trio of fat bellied men stride in, blood soaking their boots and legs , unkempt jackets marking them as from the Food preparation department" (the abbatoir you'd guess). They approach the still, throwing a few bloodied bags containing meat to the barman in exchange for a couple of flasks of some sort of rotgut spirit.

Wyndeward
2018-09-03, 05:03 PM
Thaddeus Tivington entered the dive, his nose wrinkled at the stench coming off the slaughterhousers and walked directly to the table, wearily taking a seat.

" I apologize for my tardiness... some personal difficulties needed to be addressed. Nothing touching on our fraternity, just personal issues."

Gunhaven
2018-09-04, 01:12 AM
Kristof beamed happily at his fellows as they conversed, nodding a few times too many to Thaddeus’s apology. Finally he caught himself and grew a little more serious as he muttered ”Well it sounds like we can go for either the pits or talk to the masses. I think the pits would actually be best if we can work it to our advantage. He looked down to his rotund stomach and frowned for the first time, his face scrunching up like a child about to throw a fit, before he shot back to his happy go lucky appearance.
He spoke again and said ”Let’s start with the pits. We got a couple fighters, yeah? I got some fun gifts we can use and I can probably patch up wounds if I can get myself one of them medical kits. Plus we can use some PR and donate our profits to the masses. Any objections?” As he waited for any backlash he looked over at the vat workers, seeing if they were going to start any trouble before the group set out.

Emperor Ing
2018-09-04, 12:17 PM
Naris had a sneaking suspicion of the content of those bloody bags, doubting they had come from the slaughterhouses. Nevertheless, he was intrigued to try it, if he had any confidence in the cook.

Make the fights...a spectacle. Naris smirked. Such an elaborate show of visceral bloodsport, one would be foolish to miss out! Yes, it shall be magnificent.

Xenopax
2018-09-05, 04:16 AM
"If we have an accord, shall we be off?"

Retias
2018-09-05, 10:18 AM
Teris smirked. "The pits then." She intoned in agreement. "People love a bloody fight, the messier the better. Some ground there, and you might be able to drag in a few recruits to beat into shape. Best of all, we draw attention, the gangers who run things will show up to try and take us out.

You bait that trap, I'll spring it and whittle down the competition."

DrK
2018-09-05, 05:11 PM
The gaggle of heretics head down the rough corridor stepping over exposed circuits and hissing steam and coolant pipes. Soon the noise grows as the chamber opens, originally a small gun turret it was removed decades ago due to damage and the Turret removed and the hull space plated over leaving a large vault with a 3m deep 10m in diameter circular hole filled with gruesome stains. Around the pit a couple of dozen off duty crw cheer the fight and some steel plates and barrels by the armour plating of the outer hull make a crude bar. A fat overweight man with primitive bioinic optics stands bybit writing chalk fight odds on the wall. The banners trading Thrones, rations, lho sticks or obscura as they watch a pair men stripped to their beating at each other with crude spiked steel bars

Emperor Ing
2018-09-07, 01:55 AM
Naris watched the fight with detached interest. The carnage hardly interested him. A plan forming in his mind. Whom among us shall test our mettle in this ring? He asked. His plan was simple, commentate, and make as much of a spectacle out of the fight as he could, and carouse the crowd into a frenzy.

Xenopax
2018-09-07, 06:26 AM
"Blood Lord be praised. I shall fight."
He tries to hide his bloodlust but fails miserably. At the very thought of spilling blood in Khornes name his hands start twitching.

Gunhaven
2018-09-07, 08:07 AM
From seemingly nowhere Kristof pulls out a couple grenades and grins at his own thoughts, muttering "Bet I could make the crowd more fun." He shook his head to clear the fleeting idea and instead leaned closer to Naris so he could mutter "You work the crowd and tell me when you want me to make them freak out a bit." He straightened up and said out loud "I'll patch you up after, comrade. Gotta have us endure long enough to please Papa after all." He looked down at his hands and put away the grenades finally in a pair of pockets, lumps mixing in with his heavy frame after a few more steps.

Retias
2018-09-08, 02:01 AM
Teris nods, grinning from ear to ear. "Have fun." She tells Kharneth. "Give 'em a good show. They love that, so don't make it all too quick. I'm gonna blend, pick out the folks here who look to be the movers and shakers." So saying she ambles forward, moving into the crowd to begin her scouting.

DrK
2018-09-08, 02:55 PM
With a sickening crunch a spiked pipe hits the side of a man's head and he collapses screaming, clutching a mangled face screaming. A couple of toughs drop into the turret pit and drag him out as the victor roars. "Which Pilgrim scum will challenge next. I am Victor, gun dog from battery 4. I am Master of the Ring."

He looks tough, a lean scarred crewdog with a patchwork of lash marks over his back and currently in short trousers and stripped to the waist.

The crowd around the hole cheer and holler, looking about for any volunteers. Near the makeshift bar a fat man with the pins of a Warrant officer takes bets and scrips, thrones and promissory notes change hands rapidly.

As Kharneth steps forward the fat man looks to Kharneth and the others. "I don't know you lot. You new to the pit? Rules are simple if you have the goods to put up as collateral.'

Wyndeward
2018-09-08, 05:56 PM
"What collateral and how much -- isn't a man willing to go into the pit enough?" With that, Thaddeus fixes the man with a stare, awaiting an answer.

Emperor Ing
2018-09-09, 01:51 AM
He means for betting, my friend. Naris smiles to Thaddeus. For battles, the only collateral is your life, or more accurately, your opponent's life. Can you not see the bloodlust and murder in my friend Kharneth's eyes? His muscles twitching with the thought of ripping skulls from the very spines of those with the audacity to presume to end his life?! My friend, I can promise you a show so spectacular, the Emperor himself will watch. He grinned rather madly.

He then leaned over to Kharneth. Avoid referencing the "Blood Lord," we are still in the presence of Imperial lapdogs.

DrK
2018-09-13, 04:07 PM
"What collateral and how much -- isn't a man willing to go into the pit enough?" With that, Thaddeus fixes the man with a stare, awaiting an answer.

He means for betting, my friend. Naris smiles to Thaddeus. For battles, the only collateral is your life, or more accurately, your opponent's life. Can you not see the bloodlust and murder in my friend Kharneth's eyes? His muscles twitching with the thought of ripping skulls from the very spines of those with the audacity to presume to end his life?! My friend, I can promise you a show so spectacular, the Emperor himself will watch. He grinned rather madly.

He then leaned over to Kharneth. Avoid referencing the "Blood Lord," we are still in the presence of Imperial lapdogs.

THe man grins nodding at Kharneth. "Yes. He looks like he could tear the balls of a bull grox aye. But I'm in this for the profit. I want to retire off this scow one day and set up home on a pleasure world." Looking at the pit he nods. "Yeah, get him stripped down. No armour or weapons in the ring. The crowd hurl in what they want." He motions to the bar and gets small tin cups of a thick steaming liquid that smells like it would strip the sheen off ceramite. "lets talk business"

You can make an aquisition test of a difficulty you choose to offer varying levels of collateral

Gunhaven
2018-09-13, 11:48 PM
Kristof grinned at the man and said ”Ah but is this not a pleasurable place? To hear men plead, to see what they’re really like, to get the chance to bring them back from the brink and have them owe you… I personally would prefer it over any boring world.” He looked off toward the combatants, a single line of drool at the concept of getting favors from desperate men, before he shook himself out of his stupor and returned to the task at hand. He patted himself down for something that would be suitable to throw into the pile in favor of his comrade.
Base Infamy of 26, Single Item +10, Common Craftsmanship +0, Plentiful +30 for a test of 66. Hell, let’s say it’s a knife.
vs 66 to pull out a knife.
Gonna try to Glimpse into the proper words to say, then do a Deceit check to lie about how great this sword is. Because it can only add to the glory of my tale I’m going to Push it all the way. Pushed Psy Rating 9 (3 Base, Pushed +5, Child of the Warp +1), Challenging Psyniscience, and Psy Focus for a TN of 89.
Glimpse Check: [roll1] vs 89. [roll2] Let’s get weird.
Because it’s almost guaranteed at this point: Perils [roll3]
Deceit Check: [roll]1d100] vs 42 + 45 if Glimpse is successful.
Will edit in text depending on successes/failures/demons.

Gunhaven
2018-09-13, 11:59 PM
The second the knife leaves his clothing a crack of thunder is heard, followed shortly after by a storm. Howling winds can be heard as people are knocked to the ground, then a few seconds later the real treasure begins as blood rains from the roof. Kristof turns to the pit master and with the biggest grin he can muster calls out over the storm so he can hear him say ”Do you see but a taste of the bloodshed this weapon has caused? Do you not see why I keep it covered up? And I offer it to you, sir! A present for the joy of seeing such a glorious battle! But hurry and cover it back up lest the storm continues and the bloodlust takes hold once more!”
So [roll0] wide storm for [roll1] rounds. Everyone caught needs to make a Challenging (+0) Strength Test or be knocked prone. Mine is a: [roll2] vs 28.
I also gain [roll3] Corruption Points for such a grand show.

Also that deceit check: [roll4] vs 87.

Xenopax
2018-09-14, 06:57 AM
Kharneth hands his weapons over to his allies and asks "Where can I change out of my armor?"

DrK
2018-09-16, 03:00 AM
As the knife comes out an unearthly wind whips around the chamber bowlingbpeople over, blowing piles of gambling chits around like leaves in a gale. Men and woman scream in terror, shouts of warp breach and sorcerery ring out as people scramble towards the doors. You see a young woman, a rating trip and fall before a dozen heavy boots shatter her spine and legs leaving her screaming and scrabbling on the deck.

The fat man, looks at knife in horror, a glint of temptation in his eyes before he turns. "Leg it, security will be here soon!" Only the crippled rating and the dead fighter in the turret pit are left behind....

Xenopax
2018-09-16, 06:57 AM
"Oh you bastard," Kharneth could feel the Blood Gods displeasure for the lack of blood spilled. Hopefully he could kill a Guard or two to make up for it. He grabs his weapons back and holsters them before grabbing the Ratling and carrying her as carefully as he could. "Run or Fight?"

Emperor Ing
2018-09-16, 02:19 PM
Naris is knocked over, falling prone as blood begins to pour from the ceiling. Though he considered himself open-minded, he could at least respect the Imperium's distrust for psykers at this moment, as he stood up, growling in disgust. You got blood, all over my nice, clean uniform! He exclaimed.

Then he realized what was happening, as the people fled, and advice was given.

We run. He agreed, taking the initiative to flee before security could arrive.

Strength check to avoid falling over
[roll0] vs (doesn't matter)

Wyndeward
2018-09-16, 03:03 PM
Naris is knocked over, falling prone as blood begins to pour from the ceiling. Though he considered himself open-minded, he could at least respect the Imperium's distrust for psykers at this moment, as he stood up, growling in disgust. You got blood, all over my nice, clean uniform! He exclaimed.

Then he realized what was happening, as the people fled, and advice was given.

We run. He agreed, taking the initiative to flee before security could arrive.

Strength check to avoid falling over
[roll0] vs (doesn't matter)

Thaddeus unholstered his las pistol, holding it at his side, out of general view and moved to follow Naris out of the pits.

Gunhaven
2018-09-16, 09:30 PM
Kristof couldn't help but laugh at the chaos caused, scooping up a few handfuls of blood stained items to work into his clothing for a later display of power. He then joined the rest of the group in a tangential direction, not quite willing to go in a completely opposite direction but being smart enough to know that if they all went together it'd be harder to convince security of at least one of their innocence. Only after around ten minutes was he willing to join up again, still endlessly entertained over what he had done, and he began the task of finding his group once more.

DrK
2018-09-23, 06:47 AM
As alert sirens begin to blare the heretics dash out of the fighting pit, heading easily away from the crowds - mainly as most are keen to avoid Kristof who was viewed as the source of the trouble.

A run down into the bowels of the between decks soon finds you crouched between water tanks in a damp access corridor where rust and puddles cover most surfaces. Noise fades behind you as you catch a breather and can plan your next move.

Xenopax
2018-09-23, 10:52 AM
Kharneth gently lays down the Ratling. He then turns to Kristof. "Can you fix er up? I don't think she's supposed to be losing that much blood"

Gunhaven
2018-09-24, 12:07 AM
Kristof grinned at the question and said cheerfully ”I can certainly try!” He checked his pockets as he thought for a moment, debating on further blood baths but opted to instead focus on his training, and finally settled his eyes once more on Kharneth. He held out a hand and said, somewhat impatiently, ”You got a medkit I can use lest I call forth another warp storm? Who knows, maybe next time I’ll get some friends to inhabit these people!”. With Medkit in hand he turned to the midget and began the process of patching up the worst of the holes, unfortunately not quite used to someone so short as he only succeeds in getting the ratling’s blood on his body. Only half jokingly he muttered ”Knew I should’ve torn open another hole in between dimensions” and did his best to clean up the mess he made with the Medi-Kit.

So first an Infamy test to try and get that Medi-kit: [roll0] vs 66 (26 Base + 30 Common + 10 Single)
Next the Medicae test: [roll1] vs 62 (42 Base + 20 Medi-Kit)

Wyndeward
2018-09-24, 06:34 PM
As alert sirens begin to blare the heretics dash out of the fighting pit, heading easily away from the crowds - mainly as most are keen to avoid Kristof who was viewed as the source of the trouble.

A run down into the bowels of the between decks soon finds you crouched between water tanks in a damp access corridor where rust and puddles cover most surfaces. Noise fades behind you as you catch a breather and can plan your next move.

"That could have gone better, my brothers... What shall be our next move?"

Xenopax
2018-09-25, 07:07 AM
"Unknown. I still think we should look for allies/sacrifices"
He takes off his bag and puts it like a pillow under her head. He then tears some cloth to soak up the blood and stop making such a mess.

Emperor Ing
2018-09-25, 01:46 PM
Okay...lesson learned: If you can use the powers of the Warp in situations where doing so may not be entirely necessary, DON'T!! He exclaimed, clearly not pleased. As far as he was concerned, that was their best lead that they won't be able to work on for a week, at the minimum, assuming that arena would even be able to recongregate. Then he thinks for a moment.

...or, we can bring the bloodthirsty, the disenfranchised and desolate to us. Form our own arena.

DrK
2018-09-27, 03:48 PM
As the heretics discuss the next steps and the young woman shudders, vomiting and beginning to go into shock as despite the medical intervention there is little that can be done for her. Blood pools around her as the young rating (not ratling) starts convulsing, clearly circling the edge of death.

Even as you crouch beside the water reclamation tanks you can see a couple beams of light piercing the gloom beyond you and around several tanks and hear the low voices of what sounds like a couple of security crew. "Sure saw someone go this way...." "hate the Emperor curse waste bay." "Makes me uneasy eh". Although they haven't reached you yet its impossible to say if they will find you or not as the two ship's armsmen sweep through the narrow gaps between the tanks and splash through the puddles of rust coloured septic water.

Wyndeward
2018-09-28, 06:42 PM
Thaddeus looks speculatively at the others, shifting his las-pistol to his left hand, which he quickly hides behind his back.

Xenopax
2018-09-28, 07:12 PM
Kharneth takes out his chainsword and motions to keep working on the Ratling. He then asks whether fight or hide. He communicates through crude hand signs but the basic meaning is understood.

Gunhaven
2018-09-29, 02:39 AM
With a frown, Kristof takes a deep breath in and attempts once more. This time, though, he taps into the warp to aid him just a little bit more than his abilities would allow. While it technically doesn’t help him he still acts like it does, applying the bandages in the correct positions and at least stabilizing the rating. His face bursts into the normal grin and he sends to the group ”Well that time it worked! Good thing too, I was going to tear into her and treat it as if some wild beast had gotten out and was going to murder the guards next. Now someone can tell her all about how we saved her and how she should join our merry band when she starts actually recovering!”

So using Glimpse again (because I don’t learn my lessons).
Challenging Psyscience Test, +10 Psy-Focus, +15 Psy Rating = TN 59
[roll0] vs 59
If the test is doubles: [roll1]
If I’m extra unlucky: [roll2]

Medicae Test: +20 for using a Medi-Kit, +15 if Glimpse passes = TN 62-79
[roll3] vs 62 or 79.

In addition I’ll be doing Thought Sending to the group: [roll4] vs 100
If the test is doubles: [roll5]
If I’m extra unlucky: [roll6]

DrK
2018-10-03, 04:53 PM
Kristof seeks some guidance of the warp to stabilise the poor girl and soon enough her most serious wounds are bound and she stops gasping her life although she does remain unconscious from the loss blood. The two armsmen continue to comb the water stacks, although neither sound keen on their duties they have to be commended to their duty as they search around each tank.

Approaching the one where you are all sheltering both men pause, a sound from something, or, as you glance around, the trail of blood left by the wounded rating that shines wetly and bright red in the torch light. The lead armsmen pauses a shouted "Who goes there? Show yourself..." The distinctive clatter of the firing pin of the autoguns that they carry.

Go for combat or start moving ni active stealth or they'll be upon you

Wyndeward
2018-10-04, 06:03 PM
Kristof seeks some guidance of the warp to stabilise the poor girl and soon enough her most serious wounds are bound and she stops gasping her life although she does remain unconscious from the loss blood. The two armsmen continue to comb the water stacks, although neither sound keen on their duties they have to be commended to their duty as they search around each tank.

Approaching the one where you are all sheltering both men pause, a sound from something, or, as you glance around, the trail of blood left by the wounded rating that shines wetly and bright red in the torch light. The lead armsmen pauses a shouted "Who goes there? Show yourself..." The distinctive clatter of the firing pin of the autoguns that they carry.

Go for combat or start moving ni active stealth or they'll be upon you

Tivington steps from behind the tank, las-pistol behind his back in his left hand.

"Thank the Emperor you've come!! They assaulted the yeoman and ran off that way! If you hurry, you should be able to catch them!!"

Xenopax
2018-10-05, 02:00 AM
Kharneth keeps his mouth shut and plays along. The Urge to rip off their heads was extremely strong but he manages to resist.

Emperor Ing
2018-10-05, 10:19 PM
Naris steps out, looking relieved. Emperor be praised, your timing is impeccable, gentleman! Are any of you trained medics? This woman is in mortal danger! You must save her! He exclaimed, trying to put particular emphasis out on the necessity of their presence.

Charm
[roll0] vs 69

Gunhaven
2018-10-06, 02:33 AM
Kristof for his part let out a sigh of relief after he stabilized the girl and was in the process of handing back the medikit to Kharneth when the armsmen stumble upon them. He paused and blinked a couple times before he added in as somber a tone as he could manage ”I’ve done all that I can but she’s barely holding on. Please, one of you help us take her to a hospital while the other chases after the vile beast that did this to her!”

DrK
2018-10-07, 04:52 PM
The pair of armsmen look at Naris with confusion before they step forward and see the fallen rating both drop to her side, one of them spotting the chainsword clutched by Karneth. He pauses, "Why do you have that, you aren't eligible toe bear arms..! The situation hits him, the strange collection of misfits in the water sewage tanks, none from the same unit, all with odd weapons. He reaches back for his autogun, clearly meaning business.....

As you all look so strange and armed with weapons that are essentially illegal for the crew they reckon despite the smooth talking that confused them that you are bad guys

Initiaitve [roll0]

Xenopax
2018-10-08, 08:18 AM
Kharneth's chainsword effortlessly slides into his hand and he rushes at the Guard on the left side. Charging and then Swift Attacking. Adroit gives me +1 dos with WS. All have Pen 2 [roll0]v75Hit 1: [roll1]
Tearing: [roll2]
Righteous Fury: [roll3]
Hit 2: [roll4]
Tearing: [roll5]
Righteous Fury: [roll6]
Hit 3: [roll7]
Tearing: [roll8]
Righteous Fury: [roll9]
Hit 4: [roll10]
Tearing: [roll11]
Righteous Fury: [roll12]
Hit 5: [roll13]
Tearing: [roll14]
Righteous Fury: [roll15]

Gunhaven
2018-10-09, 12:01 AM
Kristof could only sigh before he grinned at the pair of men. He motioned to one of their autoguns and said ”Bad boys shouldn’t get such nice presents. Who’d you take that from?” He then attempted to toss it behind the group so that he could pick it up later. Once that was attempted he then moved away from the group and preferably behind some cover.
So Init: [roll0] (Agility 2, Human 2, yes?)

Half Action will be to Mind over Matter the Autogun. Rapid Push option, I believe?
[roll1] vs 85 (50 WP + 10 Test + 15 PR3 + 10 Psy-Focus)
If doubles: [roll2] and [roll3]

Half Action to then move behind one of the vats.

Emperor Ing
2018-10-11, 12:58 AM
Meanwhile Naris springs into action, sword held high. Now look what you made me do...! He hisses.

Init: [roll0]

WS Check:
[roll1] vs 55

Damage:
[roll2] Pen 0
If damaged, target must roll vs Toxic (0)

Wyndeward
2018-10-12, 04:06 PM
Thaddeus dives for cover, getting ready to line up a shot.

DrK
2018-10-13, 04:40 AM
High pitched screams rapidly turn to a wet gurgle and splatter as Kharneth drives the chainsword into the armsman repeatedly, blood spraying over the area as he is messily sawed into chunks

As Thaddeus dives for cover Naris draws his sword but a fleeting block from the autogun stops the blow. Kristof tries to draw upon the powers of the warp but they leave him abandoned temporarily.

The armsman shouts in terror at his colleagues brutal dismemberment. He looks at Naris and lashes out at the sword wielding traitor with the heavy butt of his lasgun, panic in his eyes as he's surrounded in a dark metal cave.

All out attack [roll0] TN 48
Dam [roll1]

Xenopax
2018-10-13, 07:41 AM
Kharneth gives the corpse a good few extra smacks before turning his head toward the other Guard. His face contorts into a snarl and he jumps at the man. [roll0] v TN 75

Hit 1: [roll1]

Emperor Ing
2018-10-13, 07:08 PM
Naris narrowly dodges being struck by the butt of the gun, feeling it graze him, but giving him the opening he needed to strike his blade directly under the human's guard, or rather lack thereof. This is your fault. He reminded him.

Dodge vs 41
[roll0]

Melee vs 74 (44 + 10 BQ + 10 Standard Attack + 10 Outnumbering opponent)
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2] Pen 0

On hit roll toughness vs Toxic 0

Gunhaven
2018-10-13, 07:54 PM
Kristof called out cheerfully "If you spare him then I can delve into his memory!" He wasn't that good at combat but did prepare himself for potentially having to drag the man back into the clutches of the group if he opted to run away.

I'd like to ready Mind over Matter if that's a thing. Basically if he gets to the edge of my range I'd like to use it to forcefully pull him closer to my location. If so then:
Willpower Test (opposed by his Strength): [roll0] vs 85 (50 WP + 10 Power + 10 Psy-Focus + 15 PR)

DrK
2018-10-16, 04:33 PM
The swooping blood splattered chain blade just misses him as the young surgeon lashes out, blade leaving a savage looking gash on the armsman's neck. The wound instantly suppurating and starting to rot with the blessing of Nurgle.

T test vs toxic [roll0] TN 32 or [roll1] damage

Clutching his throat he staggers away, he swings the autogun blindly before withdrawing up the narrow corridor towards the exit, clearly seeking to flee, trailing blood as he retreats

Xenopax
2018-10-17, 08:27 AM
Kharneth seems extremely displeased that he didn't murder the first guardsman like he did the other one. He raises his chainsword up and charges the fleeing coward.
[roll0]: Attack v 72
Edit: Sorry forgot to add +7 onto all those. Hit 1: [roll1]

Wyndeward
2018-10-20, 07:14 PM
Thaddeus curses as the pursuing comrade runs into his line of fire.

Emperor Ing
2018-10-20, 09:41 PM
Naris was about to charge after him, but he saw Kharneth beat him to the punch, and there wasn't that much room in the cooridor. He brought this on himself. Naris said simply. No witnesses.

Gunhaven
2018-10-21, 03:52 AM
Kristof frowned as the man ran away and his comrade chased after him. But just as quickly that smile returned as he started to rifle through the dead man’s pockets for any sort of ID. As he worked he cheerfully said ”So whatcha wanna do with the extra bodies? I’m thinking we make it look like some sort of beast is attacking the people in this area. Anyone know anything that leaves chainsword like wounds?” If he finds some means for them to contact a central location then he starts working on his mimicry (without using the commlink), mumbling over and over ”Nothing to report, Sir” until his voice was eerily close to the people they just murdered.

DrK
2018-10-23, 01:17 AM
Screans, the whine of the chainsword and the splatter of blood echo around the rusting water reclamation plant as Kharneth brutally dismembers the hapless crewman in a welter of gore.

Stillness once again reins as the comm link crackles briefly, "Avard, what's your status? You cleared blue 68 yet?". Kristof picks up the link looking at it before beginning to practice the mimicry

Make an appropriate deceive check

Looking around Naris and Thaddeus can see several long abandoned watervtamks or sub tanks that with rust and wear and tear were deactivated but never removed. The bits of the bodies could easily be disposed of should one wish. The welters of blood sprays less so....

Xenopax
2018-10-24, 08:20 AM
Kharneth begins stripping the bodies of their valuables (those that weren't cut apart) before carefully cutting off their heads and throwing the bodies into the tanks (Unless anyone has anything they want to do with the bodies)

Wyndeward
2018-10-24, 05:38 PM
Thaddeus looks about at the carnage.

"Not quite the bloodsport I was planning on today, but satisfying, none the less... although lingering would be contraindicated."

DrK
2018-10-25, 02:53 AM
Aside from some mangled flak vests, a crew badge each and their comm links and standard issues autocarbines the unfortunate armsmen have little of value. More blood soaks the deck plates as Kharneth saws their heads off and dumps the bodies.

Looking around the tanks the question is "What now?". Covered in blood you'll have to chahge and under arms the more official sections of the ship are off limits. There is also the matter of your wounded rating? Her breathing has slowed now, the leg seeming stable and she seems less close to the edge of death.

Gunhaven
2018-10-25, 03:27 AM
Kristof cleared his throat and focused his mind on the task at hand. When his group was quiet he clicked the comm unit on and stated in the guard's voice ”All clear here. Moving on to the next section.” He then pocketed it with the hope that he could get a better warning of future patrols.

Glimpse Attempt: [roll0] vs 59
If Doubles: [roll1] (will do rest in Discord if it comes up)
Deceive Attempt: [roll2] vs 42 + 15 if Glimpse succeeds.

Xenopax
2018-10-25, 08:19 AM
Anyone got a place to lay low? Hopefully semi-sanitary for the girl? he ***** his head at the ratling. He then carefully wraps the heads in cloth and puts them in his bag to be flayed later.

DrK
2018-10-31, 06:10 AM
Over the vox, crackling slightly with the interference from the heavy metal containers everywhere Krstof calls it in. The bored reply comes back "Aye. Move onto the next section. Probably nothing but with all the pilgrims Master of Arms is twitchy."

Knowing they have time the heretics can pause and rest for a moment. THeir best options to lay low are either in the dark depths of the between decks in the shadows and rust where other mutants, void rats and other detritus on a ship dwell. Or heading back into the capacious cargo bays housing the pilgrims where there is essentially a small town to hide within, although movement about the ship is limited.

THere are also rumours about a cult that Kristof and Thaddeus had heard of a dark cult down in the depths of slaughter yards in the ship's abbatoirs that may offer sanctuary to folk such as yourself.

Gunhaven
2018-11-01, 11:46 PM
Kristof pockets the vox and then turns to the others, saying "Let's get out of here and wait for her to wake up. Maybe offer her up to that cult as a gift?" He checks the rating to see if she's alright to move to some new location.

Xenopax
2018-11-02, 11:59 AM
Let us move and decide later what to do with her. Which direction is the slaughter yards? He hefts the ratling upon his back doing his best not to disturb her wounds.

DrK
2018-11-04, 02:34 AM
Keeping to the shadowy places between the inner and outer hull and only rarely skirting the main corridors of the vessel you spend the next hour descending into the bowels of the midships.

The ancient vessel is like many others. The fore section given primarily to cargo bays and weapons. The mid ship to the crew quarters, the refineries and the manufactorium and the stern to the critical systems. The lower decks on the stern the domain of the red priests of Mars for the reactors and the plasma scoops, the command spire jutting hundreds of metres above the main hull the domain of the officers and the auspexes.

In the lower mid decks the stench soon finds you of the grox pens. An acre of narrow cages stacked 3 high where docile, near immobile gene edited pygmy grox are penned, fed with IV tubes and a mixture of vessel slaves and servitors take away the dung to fertilise the algae tanks. The stench and dimness gives it a horrible feel and the heat and humidity if this vile cage leaving you sweating immediately. As you emerge from an access hatch the shadows the water pipes an overseer spies you. The woman, middle aged, caked with filth up to her waist and clutching a whip that she cracks on the backs of the slaves eyes you all warily. That you look odd is an understatement. Crew do not creep about festooned with weapons nor splattered with blood. "State your business eh?" she says warily, a hand on her micro head if she needs to warn someone.

Gunhaven
2018-11-05, 05:39 AM
Kristof couldn’t help but grin as they entered the vats. The hoarfrost that always accompanied the joyful liar counteracted the heat of the area nicely. As he strode forward the ice behind him melted into a thin fog that trailed behind the group, quickly whipped away by the fans of the area. This area of cold started to better form when they were stopped by the head mistress and he simply smiled at her. In his friendliest voice he said ”You wouldn’t believe the day we’ve had so far. Is there a chance we can relax here for a moment as a group of weary travelers?”

Wyndeward
2018-11-06, 02:41 PM
Kristof couldn’t help but grin as they entered the vats. The hoarfrost that always accompanied the joyful liar counteracted the heat of the area nicely. As he strode forward the ice behind him melted into a thin fog that trailed behind the group, quickly whipped away by the fans of the area. This area of cold started to better form when they were stopped by the head mistress and he simply smiled at her. In his friendliest voice he said ”You wouldn’t believe the day we’ve had so far. Is there a chance we can relax here for a moment as a group of weary travelers?”

Thaddeus kept his mouth shut, smiling a smile that didn't quite touch his eyes.

DrK
2018-11-08, 02:25 AM
The woman pauses reaching for the microbead looking in confusion at Kristof. Her voice hardens and with a shout a couple of burly looking men with heavy looking blades look up from a grox they are butchering and eyeball you all with thinly veiled mailce. "You've got one more chance before we either call some armsmen which I ain't a fan of or my friends here add you to the ship's rations." Her deadpan tone and tough looking exterior leaves you in little doubt that she is no mood to be trifled with or mocked.

Xenopax
2018-11-08, 04:04 AM
We seek asylum and shelter. We've got some weapons from a few deaders that we could offer as payment. He shows one of the heads of the Guards as proof.