PDA

View Full Version : Specific Sitatuation: Sorcerer or Wizard

kbob
2018-09-01, 05:16 PM
I am going to be playing in a one-off, battle to the death game (will be later this month I believe). While making the char, I keep wondering if I should readjust my classes. We are starting off as ecl20 and can level between fights if we win (3 days in game rest between rounds). Currently, I have Paladin 2, Sorcerer 11, and IotSV 7. I also am a venerable dragonwrought kobold that has completed the greater rite of passage ritual (+1 CL and spells known as if I gained another level). I know that sorcerers don't get many spells to begin but I took 2 levels of paladin. The reason is solely for the +14 to saves from the high char I currently have. My question is this: should I "can" the paladin levels and change to wizard and risk the drop in saves or keep it as is. I should clarify too that I am competing with other players. Everyone is trying to make their best killer using a list of approved books. Also my current CL is 20 (18 + 1 ioun stone + 1 greater rite = 20).

Mike Miller
2018-09-01, 05:38 PM
I say keep it. Death match style means saves are important and you will want as many spell slots as possible.

Crake
2018-09-01, 09:51 PM
I say keep it. Death match style means saves are important and you will want as many spell slots as possible.

While this is true, initiate of the sevenfold veil is VERY powerful when it comes to defenses, possibly to the point where you could actually completely negate most attacks (unless other players catch wind and buy the seven veils item set, which makes you completely immune to their effects. Keep a disjunction in your backpocket to cover that base). Combine with abrupt jaunt as a conjurer wizard and you're even BETTER off (though both use your immediate action). THAT being said. If you're at a high enough level, with enough money to throw around, you could literally just make yourself a custom runestaff with all the spells you could possibly ever want on it, and just cast them willy nilly however you want.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-09-01, 10:18 PM
While this is true, initiate of the sevenfold veil is VERY powerful when it comes to defenses, possibly to the point where you could actually completely negate most attacks (unless other players catch wind and buy the seven veils item set, which makes you completely immune to their effects. Keep a disjunction in your backpocket to cover that base). Combine with abrupt jaunt as a conjurer wizard and you're even BETTER off (though both use your immediate action). THAT being said. If you're at a high enough level, with enough money to throw around, you could literally just make yourself a custom runestaff with all the spells you could possibly ever want on it, and just cast them willy nilly however you want.

Each spell in a runestaff can only be used three times per day.

Nifft
2018-09-01, 10:29 PM
You know spells as a 19th level Sorcerer, right? So that's two level 9 spells known (... i.e. one spell of your choice, and shapechange), and you have 4+bonus level 9 slots.

Keep your build.

Kobold Invictus!