PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Realms Moradin's Domains

Mars Ultor
2018-09-01, 09:13 PM
I have the Spell Compendium and I see that there are additional domains in the book, but there's no updated list of deities and their domains. Online I found a page for Moradin that list several domains for him, some from the Spell Compendium, some from the PHB, and some from Dragon Magazine.

Is there a definitive list in a book that notes Moradin's domains?

Palanan
2018-09-01, 09:42 PM
In Faiths and Pantheons (p. 121), Moradin is listed as having Craft, Dwarf, Earth, Good, Law and Protection.

This is 3.0, so I don't know if there was an update.

Troacctid
2018-09-01, 09:43 PM
His domains are Avarice, Craft, Creation, Dwarf, Earth, Fire, Good, Law, Pride, Portal, Protection, Strength, War, and Wrath; however, there's no definitive source that lists them all in one place, because some of them are from the bit where when they introduce a new domain, they give a list of deities who offer it, you know, that bit.

Mars Ultor
2018-09-02, 01:53 PM
His domains are Avarice, Craft, Creation, Dwarf, Earth, Fire, Good, Law, Pride, Portal, Protection, Strength, War, and Wrath; however, there's no definitive source that lists them all in one place, because some of them are from the bit where when they introduce a new domain, they give a list of deities who offer it, you know, that bit.

Would you happen to know some of the books that make specific mention that Moradin has a new domain? For example, Spell Compendium has Wrath and Metal, but there's just a vague reference that you can attribute them to other gods.

ShurikVch
2018-09-02, 02:19 PM
Would you happen to know some of the books that make specific mention that Moradin has a new domain? For example, Spell Compendium has Wrath and Metal, but there's just a vague reference that you can attribute them to other gods.Dragon #323 have "Seven Deadly Domains: Spells for Sinners" article, which contains description of seven new domains which are representing the Deadly Sins; the "Sinning Saints" sidebar distributes those new domains for existing deities; Moradin got Avarice, Pride, and Wrath (Duh! Dwarf...)

Troacctid
2018-09-03, 01:31 AM
According to my deity spreadsheet, sources for Moradin domains and lore include Player's Handbook, Complete Divine, Complete Champion, Races of Stone, Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, Living Greyhawk Official Listing of Deities, and Dragon Magazine #323.

Luckmann
2018-09-03, 06:29 AM
According to my deity spreadsheet, sources for Moradin domains and lore include Player's Handbook, Complete Divine, Complete Champion, Races of Stone, Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, Living Greyhawk Official Listing of Deities, and Dragon Magazine #323.

Any chance of seeing that spreadsheet?

Troacctid
2018-09-03, 12:44 PM
Any chance of seeing that spreadsheet?

It's not really finished, but sure, I guess. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g7eqfWiBG63Y6OulrIfD0Glo5ugoviAM5PUUGN60Hto/edit?usp=sharing

Palanan
2018-09-03, 01:38 PM
Thanks for posting that, I was about to ask as well. Looks pretty comprehensive to me.

Luckmann
2018-09-03, 04:51 PM
It's not really finished, but sure, I guess. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g7eqfWiBG63Y6OulrIfD0Glo5ugoviAM5PUUGN60Hto/edit?usp=sharing

This is an excellemt resource. You should make a thread when it's finished.

ShurikVch
2018-09-03, 05:51 PM
It's not really finished, but sure, I guess. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g7eqfWiBG63Y6OulrIfD0Glo5ugoviAM5PUUGN60Hto/edit?usp=sharingHow about to add in columns with Divine Rank and Herald?
(Maybe, Chosen - if any - too?)

Troacctid
2018-09-03, 08:13 PM
This is an excellemt resource. You should make a thread when it's finished.
Honestly I might just try and crowdsource the rest.

How about to add in columns with Divine Rank and Herald?
(Maybe, Chosen - if any - too?)
Ehhhh, hardly any deities actually have that information.