PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying [HELP] Need some Ideas for a 'Good' Paladin with a Nefarious Secret Agenda

Edgerunner
2018-09-02, 12:47 PM
So we are playing Tyranny of Dragons and I rolled some pretty good Stats so naturally I went Paladin.

The plan is to end up going straight Conquest Paladin and seeing as how they seem to be Not very Nice and Yes I understand that this is Not always true.... I was wondering about Ideas on how to come across as 'Good' but to have some serious Ulterior/Nefarious motives that can possibly tie in with this campaign. I have never played it before.

What could those Motives be and what Deity would fit best with them?

Camman1984
2018-09-02, 12:58 PM
That's a hugely open question, could be anything and for anybody. simplest would be paladin of some dragon who wants power or wants to find out more about other dragons.

Mellack
2018-09-02, 03:27 PM
There are thousands of possibilities, but here is one off the top of my head I like. Dragons are obviously very powerful and dangerous creatures. So your goal is to get the good and evil dragons into open warfare, and get that to be as even as possible. Have them kill each other off. That will leave a power vacuum that you plan to fill.

Expected
2018-09-02, 10:11 PM
There are thousands of possibilities, but here is one off the top of my head I like. Dragons are obviously very powerful and dangerous creatures. So your goal is to get the good and evil dragons into open warfare, and get that to be as even as possible. Have them kill each other off. That will leave a power vacuum that you plan to fill.

Not to mention, the unclaimed hoards of treasure just ripe for the picking.

Starman973
2018-09-02, 11:56 PM
Now, if you need to seem nice, just try think of the Good Cop mindset. He still wants you to talk in the interrogation and want to charm his targets into giving up rather than resisting. Now you aren't doing the Bad things, but your god needs blood if you aren't getting your way. Lean on Persuasion instead of Intimidation. Remember there is potential to used strength with Intimidation, so why not Persuasion. Mr Sinister of X-men comics comes to mind, or you could also go Conniving or Machiavellian. We all want a proper outcome, we all want to live at the end of the day, if you don't give me what I need, then information gets put into hands, that they don't want, and you make them want to help you out of fear of would could happen to them. it is hard to hide as evil in a good group, but always try to apply the ends justify the means, and help them come around to your way of thinking. Just don't Be Starscream from Transformers. That's just lame.

ATHATH
2018-09-03, 01:37 AM
Red Fel, Red Fel, Red Fel.

Doomeye56
2018-09-03, 11:52 AM
I had a half-Orc paladin who was part of cult dedicated to Nerull. The cult trained up serial killers dedicated to the god of murder. The paladins role was to go out and reap these killers souls in nerulls name. each paladin was former serial killer who was able to kill the paladin before him. As part of their vows they were unable to pursue their twisted deires anymore and could only kill in self defense, the trained serial killers or those who showed great acts of murder. So my half-orc would always be putting into situations where people would attack him or threaten his life. 9/10 this meant confronting bandits and villains so he would have opportunity to kill without breaking his vows.

djreynolds
2018-09-03, 12:01 PM
Paladin of vengeance fits this