PDA

View Full Version : Crafting Epic Items

kbob
2018-09-02, 03:56 PM
I noticed that the market price for epic items are x10 the "normal" price that would have been calculated for non-epic items. Is there a difference in pricing the crafting costs for epic items too or does that apply only to market? If there's no difference, that would seem to me to make "craft epic __" exceptionally more valuable.

2018-09-02, 04:11 PM
I noticed that the market price for epic items are x10 the "normal" price that would have been calculated for non-epic items. Is there a difference in pricing the crafting costs for epic items too or does that apply only to market? If there's no difference, that would seem to me to make "craft epic __" exceptionally more valuable.

There are two kinds of "epic items". The first is "any magic item with more value than 200000 gp", which does not inherently get its price multiplied - rather, this is an epic item because barring DM approval, you can't purchase/craft them pre-epic. The other kind of epic item is "any item that is an epic effect" - that is, anything bypassing a non-epic limit (more than +6 to an attribute, more than +30 to a skill, more than +5 enhancement to a weapon), and that kind of item gets the x10 multiplier, which is to both the cost to create and the market price.