PDA

View Full Version : Where to play d&d in il

creyzi4zb12
2018-09-02, 06:57 PM
Hey, i live in Illinois and i’m very new in the us. I was looking for where i am able to play d&d games here?
Where the easiest way to play it?

Koo Rehtorb
2018-09-02, 07:32 PM
Try Roll20's LFG feature if you're okay with online games.

Anymage
2018-09-02, 07:54 PM
Chicago has plenty of game stores. And I'm sure that Champaign-Urbana, with its whole college town vibe, wouldn't be too hard to find a group in.

Keeping in mind that even just "Chicago" is plenty big and that getting to some of those games might be a hassle, it'd help a lot to know just where in the state you were.

creyzi4zb12
2018-09-02, 08:07 PM
I am in close to schaumburg. A bit far from Chicago city..prolly 40 minutes ride there

Anymage
2018-09-02, 08:26 PM
Just from a quick google, there's a game store called Games Plus (http://www.games-plus.com) in Mount Prospect, a Games Workshop (https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Games-Workshop-Deer-Grove?_requestid=16223940) store in Palatine, and I have no idea what game/comic/hobby stores are in and around the Woodfield area.

creyzi4zb12
2018-09-02, 10:03 PM
Thanks guys, i appreciate the info.
How do I find a game?

I heard abt adventurers league, and how easy it is to sit in a game with them.

Do I just go instantly to the store and find a game?

obryn
2018-09-02, 10:11 PM
I haven't been there lately, but last I checked, Games Plus is considered one of the best gaming stores in the USA.

JNAProductions
2018-09-02, 11:49 PM
So, checking google maps, you look to be about an hour from New Lenox and Grapple Games. I personally game there, every Monday, and have an absolute BLAST. It's open gaming too!

There are two main games. The first starts at about three and ends at six, the second starts at 6 and goes till close, which is 9.

The 3-6 is a more casual, laid-back game. Very rarely lasts more than a few sessions, lots of improvised one-offs, good humour, not too serious.

The 6-9 is a more serious game, though still not SUPER serious. It's a long-running campaign, though a new one is about to start, and the DM is an absolutely FANTASTIC guy. Great for having a good time.

creyzi4zb12
2018-09-03, 03:12 AM
So, checking google maps, you look to be about an hour from New Lenox and Grapple Games. I personally game there, every Monday, and have an absolute BLAST. It's open gaming too!

There are two main games. The first starts at about three and ends at six, the second starts at 6 and goes till close, which is 9.

The 3-6 is a more casual, laid-back game. Very rarely lasts more than a few sessions, lots of improvised one-offs, good humour, not too serious.

The 6-9 is a more serious game, though still not SUPER serious. It's a long-running campaign, though a new one is about to start, and the DM is an absolutely FANTASTIC guy. Great for having a good time.
It’s an hour and 12 mins away from me, (coz i rarely use the expressway, and monday is my free day). Can i come join a game there?

JNAProductions
2018-09-03, 11:52 AM
It’s an hour and 12 mins away from me, (coz i rarely use the expressway, and monday is my free day). Can i come join a game there?

Definitely, yeah! Feel free to show up today, if you want to.

creyzi4zb12
2018-09-03, 02:05 PM
K i will try..57 mins away

KillianHawkeye
2018-09-03, 05:01 PM
I'm not as familiar with the northwest suburbs, but there are a lot of gaming stores around the Chicagoland area. You could also try to find a private group of people. Meetup.com is a pretty good site for finding a gaming group, or at least it used to be. I'm sure there are others, or even just Facebook.

Just a quick Google search for "schaumburg gaming groups" reveals several Meetup links, and there's even a gaming store in Schaumburg called The Gaming Goat which is probably worth checking out.