PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 eberron help

jdizzlean
2018-09-03, 05:33 AM
i'm pretty shaky on eberron material, even looking things up, i'm not always sure what the pre-reqs are.

i'm looking at the Dragon Totem Rituals in Magic of Eberron, specifically Ritual of Wings.

it requires nothing to gain the benefit of the ritual other than to take part in it, but if you want to lead the ritual, you have to have the feat for it, which along w/ 15 ranks in a skill, also requires you to have "Dragon Totem".

The only place I can find that listed is under the Eberron Campaign Setting, as a feat. Which only grants you a paltry resistance 5 vs a specific energy

is that what it requires? How would you go about "binding" the ritual to the Totem in order to gain the higher and better aspect of this or any of the other rituals?

cartejos
2018-09-03, 06:26 AM
The rituals all have a cost of an hour of time and the expenditure of dragon shards. At least one participant needs to have the feat Dragon Totem Lorekeeper.

For each ritual there is a normal effect and a boosted effect that only happens to characters who have dragon totem.

Each ritual also only has a duration of 24 hrs and if it has limited uses, they must be used within this time. The ritual of wings does not give a time limit, but the specific description of the rituals given in the heading makes it so.

jdizzlean
2018-09-03, 07:20 AM
ok, so i can (assuming the leader has the requisite feat) simply gain the benefit of the ritual essentially free, barring the sacrafice cost of the shards?

and if i burned a feat on dragon totem, could then gain the higher order benefit instead.