PDA

View Full Version : Trickster in the House (An Eberron PrC for Changelings!)

Witchcraft
2007-09-14, 09:26 PM
I am new to this thread, so I dont know if this is the right place...anywho!
I posted this on the Wizards forum but it didnt get much of a response.

I am probably going to get shot for even thinking about such a PRC but I dont care. I was bored one day and this idea came to my mind. I dont care if you think it is "againist the rules" for having a changeling gain a Dragonmark, I just want to know if it is balanced.
---------------------------------------
Trickster in the House
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/pgte_gallery/95020.jpg

“I am sorry Baron Toumas d’Cannith! I thought she...he was one of us!”—Cannith shopkeeper.

The Tricksters in the House are changelings who have uncovered the secret of not just mimicking the form of the Dragonmarked races, but also the Dramgonmark that made them famous.

Requirements
Race: Changeling
Requirements: 8 Ranks in Disguise, Bluff, and two other skills.
Feats: Racial Emulation and Skill Bonus (Disguise).
Special: Must not be part of any Dragonmark house.

BAB As a rogue
Ref As a rogue
Will As a rogue
Fort As a rogue

1d6

Skills: As a rogue.

Hollowed Power: At 1st level you add your Trickster of the House levels to your Dragonmark caster levels (See Mimic the Mark).

Mimic the Mark (Super): At 1st level the TitH gains the unique ability to gain a Dragonmark. Whenever she uses her Minor Change Shape she can choose to obtain a least Dragonmark of any house. The process of obtaining a least Dragonmark takes one hour of pure meditation. She must be in the form of the race that the Dragonmark belongs to. For example, Yao cannot look like a dwarf and have a Mark of the Storm. The Mark lasts as long as you stay in the race's form. At 5th level you can obtain a lesser dragonmark and at 9th level you can obtain a greater dragonmark. In order to obtain a lesser Dragonmark you must meditate for one day and a greater Dragonmark requires one week of meditation. You can choose to obtain only a least or only a greater if you choose. For example, Yao is a 5th level Trickster in the House and she turns into a gnome. She wants full Dragonmark power so she obtains the Least Mark of Scribing (Arcane Mark) 2/day and Lesser Mark of Scribing (Illusionary Script) 1/day. You do not gain the skill bonuses. You can also not obtain any feats that involve Dragonmarks. Besides the above, Dragonmarks are treated just like any real True Dragonmark.

Skill Faker (Ex): At 3rd level a TinH can convert a skill to another skill that is related to the house she is mimicking. You must choose to do this during the process of obtaining a Dragonmark. You cannot switch the skill again before you re-obtain another Dragonmark. However, you do not use the skill modifier associated with the skill. You can not obtain a skill you already have (execpt for Speak Language). Because you are bluffing your way through the skill you use your Charisma modifier. For example, Yao has the Mark of the Storm and she wants to change Pick Lock (6 without the Dex. modifier) for Profession (Sailor). She has a charisma modifier of +3 so now she has 9 ranks in Profession (Sailor).

House of Cannith: Craft (any), Appraise, and Profession (tinker).
House of Deneith: Intimidate, Use Rope, and Climb.
House of Ghallanda: Diplomacy, Sense Motive, Knowledge (local).
House of Jorasco: Heal, Concentration, and Knowledge (nature).
House of Kundarak: Appraise, Disable Device, and Open Lock.
House Lyrandar: Knowledge (geopgraphy), Balance, Profession (sailor)
House Medani: Search, Spot, and Gather Information.
House Orien: Diplomacy, Ride, and Knowledge (local).
House of Phiarlan: Perform, Hide, Move Silently.
House of Sivis: Decipher Script, Speak Language (only one), and Diplomacy.
House Tharask: Intimidate, Survival, Knowledge (nature).
House Thuranni: Peform, Hide, Move Silently.
House Vadalis: Handle Animal, Ride, Survival.

Dragonmark Adept (Super) Do to your knowledge of all True Dragonmarks you can increase your dragonmarks DC by 2. This happens at level 5.

False Contacts (Ex): At 7th level you obtain a power similar to Favored in House. It acts exactly as it, however, you must add a +5 to the DC.

Master of the Mark (Ex): At 10th level you have mastered your Mark Mimicking ability to the extent were you have angered the Dragons. Hence forth, every dragon that you met will immediately be hostile towards you because you have uncovered a secret that even they can’t understand or uncover. You can also revert to your changeling form and still keep your Dragonmark active. Also, you can spend a action point to gain another use of your True Dragonmark (least=1, lesser=2, greater=3). However, you cannot turn into a race that your mark doesn’t belong to.

Magical Variant:

Preq: Arcane Spellcasting level 4.
Hit Die: 1d4
Skills: 4+Int Modifier. Same as wizards/sorcerers (respectfully), but add Disguise and Bluff.
+1 Existing Arcane Spellcasting Class: 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, and 9.
----------------------------------------
Notes:
I dont quit understand the Poor, Avg, and Good ratings so they might be completely wrong.
Also, as my thread shows english is not my first language so I am sorry form spelling and grammar!!!

I just added the Arcane Variant. Should I subtract some of the spellcasting levels?

Thanks!!!

Witchcraft!!!

Lord Iames Osari
2007-09-14, 09:40 PM
You want to clean up your presentation a bit. This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313) should be helpful.

Edit: Also, how can the Arcane version have a Base Attack Bonus of 1d4?

Witchcraft
2007-09-15, 03:55 PM
You want to clean up your presentation a bit. This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313) should be helpful.

Edit: Also, how can the Arcane version have a Base Attack Bonus of 1d4?

Will clean up!!

Oh and sorry, when I was translating it from the Wizards forum it got a bit goofed up! That is supose to be its hit die!

But, what do you think of the class?

Lord Iames Osari
2007-09-15, 04:55 PM
It seems fine mechanically at the moment, but I'd be interested in seeing more fluff.

Witchcraft
2007-09-15, 06:08 PM
The fluff will come once I am sure that this class is A.O.K.

Anyone else?