PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Way of the Wicked

Pages : [1] 2 3

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-04, 10:39 AM
https://image.ibb.co/c8mcxz/header_b1.png

And so you were captured for your wicked deeds and justly condemned. Perhaps, at first, you weren't sure of your destination - perhaps you did not know where they sent criminals as wicked and as unrepentant as you. Soon enough, you would learn your fate.

You were thrown in a wagon, manacled and bound with other prisoners, with no chance to move, never mind escape. You were hooded with a sackcloth bag by rough hands. You were watched and ordered not to speak a word or make a sound. Any disobedience was punished by a sharp knock to the head or in the gut. You could feel the movement of the wagon, but where were you headed?

-

Hooded and bound, there was little you could hear or see on your way into the prison. The wagon ride was rough and bumpy. The guards were impatient and loud. But you did hear something else... the barking of a dog as the wagon came to a stop. And then they brought you inside, manhandling you through the prison, dragging you upstairs to your cell. Only then did they remove the hood and place you in your chains...

Hooded and bound, there was little you could see as you were brought to Branderscar prison. But, as an elf, you've always had sharp ears and you remember hearing quite a bit. There was a cry of a sea gull overhead - you must be near the ocean. The wagon came to a stop and you heard the bark of a dog, quickly silenced by a sharp command - a telltale sign of a well trained guard dog, and, judging from the sounds you heard later, more than one. The wagon began moving again and only a few minutes later did you arrive at your destination.

You were dragged inside a building past more than one mocking guard before you were hauled up a flight of stairs, where you heard the heavy thunk of a door being unlocked. Only then did they remove your hood and put you in your cell, chaining you with your arms above your head. You could smell the burning brazier in the next room. You were about to be marked as one of the forsaken. Welcome to Branderscar prison...

Hooded and bound, you were thrown into the wagon. The thick sackcloth of your makeshift hood obscured much, but you could still hear much and see a little. There was the cry of a sea gull overhead and the sound of waves breaking on a rocky shore line - you must be near the ocean. The wagon came to a stop and you heard the bark of a dog, quickly silenced by a sharp command - a telltale sign of a well trained guard dog, and, judging by the sounds you heard later, more than one. You were led over a long bridge. They stopped again, though only briefly. You could hear a portcullis being lifted at some gatehouse. Finally they removed you from the wagon. You heard guards, mocking you as a set of double doors were shoved open. You were led upstairs past more guards, where you heard the heavy thunk of a door being unlocked. Only then did they remove your hood and put you in your cell. You could smell the burning brazier nearby. You were about to be marked as one of the forsaken. Welcome to Branderscar prison...

Hooded and bound, you were led into a wagon. THe hood was made of rough sackcloth, and, though you could see little, your other senses were sharp and more than made up for your partial blindness. You could hear the waves break upon a rocky shore line. The wagon stopped and you could hear the bark of a dog, quickly silenced by a sharp command - a telltale sign of a well trained guard dog, and, judging by the sounds you heard (and the kennel you could smell) later, more than one. You were led over a bridge, more than a hundred feet long.

You could see the silhouette of a tower, reaching skywards, above the castle walls, a personal banner hanging out a window, fluttering in the wind.
The road switched, back and forth and then the wagon stopped again briefly. You could hear a portcullis being lifted at some sort of gatehouse. You heard soldiers on the wall of the castle, hailing down at the wagon. A password was exchanged, though you could not heard the exact codephrase. Finally, the wagon stopped and they dragged you out. The sound of mocking guards accompanied a pair of double doors being shoved open. You were hauled inside, past more guards, and up a flight of stairs, where you heard the heavy thunk of a door being unlocked. Only then did they remove your hood and chain you in your cell. You could smell the burning brazier nearby. You were about to be marked as one of the forsaken. Welcome to Branderscar prison...

-

In the kingdom of Talingarde, many crimes may send you to the infamous Branderscar Prison, but the sentence has but one meaning - you are wicked and utterly irredeemable. Each of you recieved the same greeting in turn after your arrival - being manhandled and dragged into a nearby room with a waiting brazier. Held down by rough hands, a portly man in a guard sergeant's garb branded you upon the arm with a runic F. The mark signifies 'forsaken' and the painful scar is indelible proof that each of you has betrayed the great and eternal love of Mitra and his chosen mortal vassals.

https://image.ibb.co/hE3M7z/welcometobranderscar.png
Condemned, you face, at best, a short life of shackles and backbreaking servitude in the nearby salt mines. Others still might await the "gentle" ministrations of the inquisitors, so that co-conspirators might be revealed and confessions extracted. Perhaps, some of you will be spared this ordeal. Perhaps, instead, you have come to Branderscar to face the final judgement. In three days, the King's executioner arrives and the axe falls or the pyre will be lit. Through fire or steel, your crimes will be answered.

You have all been chained together in the same communal cell, dressed in nothing but filthy, tattered rags.. Manhandled and mistreated, any finery you once possessed has long since been ruined or lost. No special treatment is given to any prisoner - male or female, commoner or noble - all the forsaken are bound and imprisoned together. Your feet are secured by iron cuffs tethered by one long chain. Your arms are secured to the wall above by manacles. A guard is posted right outside the cell, day and night. Little thought is given to long term accommodations, for at Branderscar, justice comes swift and sure.

Escape seems hopeless. You have all been well searched and every attempt to conceal anything on your person has failed. And if you could somehow slip your bonds and fly out of this person, where would you go? Who from your former life would want anything to do with the forsaken? Despised, alone and shackled - all that you can do now is await your doom.

For each of you, your old life is over. For each of you, hope is but a fading memory. For each of you, justice will be fairly meted. And who can blame fair Talingarde after what each of you has done?

(Introduce yourselves...)

Niobaran
2018-09-04, 12:33 PM
Cassandra

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/99JAtDteWAc/maxresdefault.jpg

The small, slender young woman hangs in the manacles, her head slightly bowed and eyes half closed in exhaustion from the exertions. She had stopped fighting her captors when their superior physical power had become obvious. When the moment of her branding had come, she had grit her teeth, tried to establish eye contact with her tormentor, all in a vainly attempt of staying silent. Still, her hisses and screams had echoed through the hall upon the iron biting her skin.

But while she is ashamed, her defiance is not fully broken. Now, without a guard next to her, she raises her head, revealing her pale, bruised face with the bushy eyebrows between the short curtains of dark hair. Her glance darts through the room, assessing each of the other inmates. The slightly aloof and defiant look in her gray eyes does not quite does not quite match the rest of her demeanor: A puppet hung on the wall by her master.

When Cassandra speaks up, lowly but loud enough for her fellow inmates to be heard, her voice sounds husky.
"You gotta acknowledge their diligence. They even take the time to brand you although you're about to be torn apart by a handful of horses in a day or two."

The twenty-something is short and very slender, moves gracefully, cat-like. Dark hair, gray eyes, bushy eyebrows. She is surrounded by an aura of aloofness and arrogance, but her young demeanor and apparent frailty add a certain vulnerability. However, if one meets her glance, it is that of a predator – a mix of cold and feral, touching one's primal urges, be it lust or fear.

Xanyo
2018-09-04, 01:50 PM
Among the prisoners is an Ifrit girl - not as obviously unnatural as some Ifrit, but her bright red hair flickers like a flame all the way down near her hips. Her small frame is striking and vibrant despite the rags she had been forced to wear, and she was pretty close to being too short to stand whilst locked to the wall. Her eyes burned bright on the face of likely the most lively prisoner in this hellhole.

She had resisted time and time again, physically and verbally, and been beaten many a time for it. Nevertheless, even covered in scrapes, cuts, and bruises, she delighted in every opportunity she found to antagonize her captors. They, in turn, delighted in the chances to beat her down.

"Hah! Took them a few tries to brand me!" she spits, her tone somewhere between hateful and gleeful, "Said they were gonna build a bonfire to be sure I burn. Heh. Turn this whole place into a bonfire, that'd be quite an improvement."

She struggles with her clasps for a moment, to no avail. Having no success with that, she faces the door.

"C'mon, what are you waiting for? Burn me already! I dare ya!"

A wicked grin punctuates her challenge, before she returns to struggling.

redfeline
2018-09-04, 04:10 PM
Tilquin opens her eyes waking from her elven trance. She knew escape was hopeless, unless the right opportunity presented itself. She was diligently doing all in her power in case that rare opportunity presented itself. She felt the opportunity was more likely to be at night, so she started trancing for four hours in the mourning.

She looked at the ifrit, the idea of fire was interesting but she was uncertain how well the place would burn. "Your energy is misspent on those shackles. We will either escape or we won't but a broken wrist will not help." Tilquin gently lowered her fingers down in an attempt to touch the lock. "This hellhole has held monsters far stronger than I, so I must hope I am smarter and luckier than the fools that came before me."

"As far as I can tell we are still near the sea, that can be good or bad. I know before the sea, we have these chains, that locked gate, numerous doors of guard filled rooms. Then the courtyard we were unloaded in, I heard a portcullis. On the other side of that we have a bridge. Perhaps we can reach the sea there, perhaps not. However on the far side I heard dogs, large numbers of them. I assume to track and kill us in the unlikely event we make it that far." Tilquin paused to remember where she last had her own belongings, the dogs had little here to find her specific sent.

"Did any one else detect an obstacle I did not?"

Tilquin has tanned skin, and long white hair. She seems utterly devoid of fat and well muscled. She has several scars on the legs and arms, and one scar down the right side of her face. Her ears clearly show she is an elf.

oyzar
2018-09-04, 04:51 PM
A soft clinking sound is heard as another chained man shakes his head in a dismissive gesture. Despite wearing rags, black clothing torn to pieces by the many struggles so far, Nash appears at ease resting against the wall. It looks almost natural the way his arms are arrayed, though it's only an appearance, he can't move them much due to the chains keeping them up. His hands are quite tanned, but the rest of the skin pale, as if he has been outside a lot but mostly covered up. His arms and legs, or what's visible of them, are covered with plenty of what looks like scorch marks. His piercing blue eyes study the other captives in turn before he speaks.

"No, I didn't notice any others. You got the right idea fair haired elf. We should strive to do what we can with what we got. Asmodeus does not help those who are weak and suicidal. He helps those who are resourceful and show their own prowess." He nods to her before looking at each of the other prisoners in turn. "They say no one have escaped from this prison. But we will. Asmodeus will help make it so. Let's bide our time, keep stock of our options and figure out what we can do when the opportunity arises." Those who could see in the dark, could clearly see his unnatural fanged mouth, clearly a sign that he was not quite normal. "You may call me Nash."

General appearance:
https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/B1LJU2QeOVHX_jhEs1nszac-ILKT2tSPj1TGSRfYfQ8/https/pre00.deviantart.net/004c/th/pre/f/2014/060/c/c/the_assassin_of_darkness_by_gpzang-d78fq9t.jpg?width=478&height=676
Fangs:
https://pre00.deviantart.net/7c25/th/pre/f/2008/157/2/0/bite_by_anarkyman.jpg

DrK
2018-09-04, 05:57 PM
Ivan

Ivan sits crouched in the corner, one muscled and scarred arm covered in crude tattoos flexing slowly as he feels the burn still from where they branded him like a common criminal. He scowled, dark thoughts about the fat Sergeant filling his mind as he cracked his bruised knuckles. As his fellow cell mates began to talk he rose, heavier set than most of them he was a large man with slabs of muscle liberally inked with gang affiliations and skulls and mementos of criminal exploits that the ripped sack cloth didn't cover up well. Cold green eyes surveyed the rest of the rough cell as he looked about.

He glances at the elf, clearly she was motivated to escape and that seemed like a good idea. The priest had been a good target, damn that he was caught but he didn't fancy meeting the headsman in 3 days time. There were plenty more folk he wanted revenge on first and escape seemed like a good plan. "Aye, near the sea I reckon. I saw the outline of a castle of some kind so reckon it'll be remote with some guards and dogs." Glancing around at the fellow misfists, "Not sure the dogs woulnd't be more scared of some of us."

As the ifrit shouts for the guards he leans back against the wall. He didn't like the guards but earning another beating wasn't on his list of priorities. Smart bent, strong got broke. It had taken him a while to learn that but he knew it well enough now from the law of the streets and thieves.

Daishain
2018-09-04, 07:01 PM
A pile of rags moving in the corner speaks up then. A thin voice calls out saying, "In the unlikely event this conversation moves beyond inane prattle and posturing, do keep it quiet. They are undoubtedly listening, any plans with the slightest chance of working will become useless effort if overheard."

Luvon keeps working as he talks, gathering the scraps of animal dung he had been able to collect together. The rats had left plenty of it, which was all to the good given that it was an inferior source of the sulfur he needed. Spreading the feces out to dry on the cleanest surface he can find, the alchemist considers where to get the rest of it. Charcoal could almost certainly be had in small quantities. The elemental blooded one should be able to produce more if need be. The real problem was the Sal Petrae. Some had likely distilled down in the sewers of this place... But if he got that far he likely wouldn't need it any more.

The salt mines likely had some within as well, but Luvon doubted he'd ever see the place. They'd caught him rather literally red handed. The blood of that filthy whore on his dagger and the infernal summoning circle nearly complete before him.

He'd also need a good solution, high purity alcohol preferably. Fat chance of seeing that in here however. What else could be used...

He didn't need much in the way of the firesand, just enough to ruin the interiors of a few locks. The rest of these brutes should then do an admirable job of getting killed while he slipped away. Damnit all, if only he could be sure he had more time, he could distill the sal petrae himself. But that would take weeks at least in these conditions!

If given a chance for a good look at him, Luvon is a tall and rail thin elf. His skin is pale and smooth, showing little in the way of physical hardship. But his grey eyes are disturbingly empty and calculating. His dark hair is kept chopped short, as if the man just cuts it down to keep it out of his way.

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-04, 07:51 PM
After a number of hours of idle nothingness, the portly Sergeant - the same vicious man who grinned gleefully and laughed as he burnt the mark of the forsaken into your arms - marched into the cell block through the heavy door, flanked by a posse of six guards, each one armed and ready for trouble.

Less gleeful and more glass eyed now - clearly, this is a man who enjoys his drink as well as his food - the Sergeant orders his men to open the cell door and points a stubby finger at Nash.

"You there! Heretic! That's the scum! Get 'em unshackled, boys. If any of you other dogs makes trouble, you'll earn a thrashing! Today's your lucky day, heretic. You've got yourself a visitor. How scum like you ever warranted such a fine lady is beyond me. Seems she wants to wish you good-bye. Now, step lively. We wouldn't want to keep her waiting."

Roughly hauled onto his feet by a pair of burly guards, Nash is unchained from the wall and dragged out of the cell block, past the room with the brazier, to a nearby meeting room and manhandled into a chair. There, waiting for him, is a hauntingly beautiful woman in an elegant black dress and a soft silken veil - dressed as if headed to a funeral. Her hair is so platinum that is seems almost white, and her eyes, watching through the thin veil, are a vibrant, almost unearthly green. She has clearly been weeping before you arrived.

https://image.ibb.co/iCD9ee/lady.png

"Oh, dearest," she proclaimed, "I'm so very relieved you're alive!" She turned to the Sergeant quickly, "Tomas, my dear, could we please have a moment alone? For pity's sake?"

The Sergeant - Sergeant Tomas - goes blank for a bit and then quickly nods in agreement. "Of course, my lady. For you, 'tis no problem." With a wave to his waiting men, he joins them outside the room and swings the heavy door shut behind him.

Now alone with you, her demeanor quickly changed, any pretence of grief or concern disappearing, replaced by an look down at you that meant nothing but business.

"Have you forgotten me, dearest?" she asked with a smirk. "Call me Tiadora. We possess a mutual friend who would like to meet you and your fellow cell-mates. Unfortunately, our friend is unwilling to visit you in your present, rather shabby, accommodations, so it seems you must escape."

"Don't look so dour, Brother - just because it's never been done before is no reason you can't be the first."

"If you manage that, cross the moors on the outskirts of the nearby town of Varyston. On the old Moor Road, you'll see a manor house with a single burning in the second story. There, our mutual friend awaits. That is all I know."

She took off her silken veil and wiped away a few fake tears with it before she placed it in your hand.

"Something to remember me by, dearest."

oyzar
2018-09-05, 12:38 AM
Nash bows courteously. He has never been at court, but he has been taught how to behave. "It's a pleasure to meet you sister." He speaks in a low smooth voice, barely above a whisper.

He reaches out and takes the veil she offers. " I'll remember your words and I agree wholeheartedly. I will escape to prove I'm capable. And these are rather shabby conditions, can't expect people to want to come here, but I'm very glad that you dignified yourself to come here."

He looks around in the room, trying to notice if there's anything noteworthy there for an escape. "I know it's up to me, as well as the others in the cell, to get out of here, but is there any more information you could provide us about the way? What paths can we choose from and what guards or other obstacles lies along them?" His mind was focused on the task in front of him, other concerns were secondary.

Perception:
[roll0]
Diplomacy:
[roll1]

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-05, 06:08 AM
The room is barren save for the stout wooden table and chairs - though, after a closer look, you spotted what looks like it might be an old bloodstain on one of the walls.

"I have helped you as much as I can, dearest. The rest you must do on your own. But, surely, a band of drunkards is no match for a man of your... talents."

Her message delivered, she rose to her and clapped. As the door was hauled open and the guards returned, her demeanour once more returned to that of a grieving noblewoman, the perfect picture of grief. "No, I can't bear to leave you!" Leaning into Nash, she gave him a single kiss upon his cheek - her lips ice-cold, the kiss somehow alien and inhuman.

Tomas shook his head at the doorway, "I'm afraid it's time, miss."

She looked deep into Tomas' eyes and said in reply, "Thank you for letting me say good-bye. There's no need to search my dearest. You're such a good friend for letting me see him one more time."

"Such a good friend," came Tomas' reply, his voice almost mechanical in tone. Then, his glazed eyes blinked, as if he were snapping out of something, and be bowed politely before her. "A pleasure, madam."

She left, unveiled, giving Nash one last wicked smile as she glanced back from the doorway.

"Three days," echoed a voice in his head, "Don't disappoint me, dearest." The visit over, the posse of guards quickly haul Nash back into his cell and back into his shackles, veil in hand.

https://image.ibb.co/c312FK/veil.png
Returned to his cell and the guards departed, he was finally able to get a good look at the veil. Made from what appeared to be a fine silk of gossamer cloth, he can see small cloth patches attached in various shapes and sizes.

oyzar
2018-09-05, 08:25 AM
She obviously has some connection to Asmodeus or master Acrab. Now I'll actually get to use my new powers, instead of getting executed before I can even try. This veil is obviously some tool that I can use to escape. Now I just have to figure out how to use it. Once the guards are gone Nash studies the veil more closely. He decides to remove the patch that looks like lockpicks or keys to study them more closely and maybe get a clue as to how to use them.

Perception:
[roll0]

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-05, 08:28 AM
As you detach the patch depicting the lockpicks, it grows in your hands as if by magic, the silk shifting and changing into a solid and well made set of thieves tools.

(They are Masterwork Thieves Tools.)

oyzar
2018-09-05, 08:47 AM
Well, well, that's exactly what I need. Nash thinks before he gets to work on his manacles, trying to free himself. While he works he whispers to the others. "As I said before. Asmodeus will help make things come to pass. If you're willing to accept him and follow me, you too can be free. Rat me out and we'll all lose our chance. Consider now, because soon you'll have to make a choice."

taking 10 on disable device for 19
If that doesn't work
[roll0]
[roll1]
If that doesn't work, take 20.

Once free of his manacles Nash remains in place to not arrouse suspicion from the guard down the hall. Instead he whisper a short prayer. "Asmodeus give me water to snuff out the light and put this place in darkness." He tries to call upon his freshly given powers to create water to douse out the flame of the nearby torch. The newly turned tiefling is careful to not create more water than necessary for the task.

Create water, it's only V and S, so should be possible without doing much more once he's free.

redfeline
2018-09-05, 10:23 AM
Spotting the veil and then the picks Tilquin smiles to herself. "Timing is everything." She whispers to Nash. "We should let the gaurds return to normal before we act in full. Prep ourselves and be ready for an opportunity and not draw attention to ourselves until all are ready. Did any other gifts come with the visit?"

Niobaran
2018-09-05, 10:41 AM
Cassandra confirms whispering: "Not much to lose, so much to gain. The Dark Prince must love the offer. My choice was made the moment they put me in here. Getting out -- or die trying."

oyzar
2018-09-05, 12:23 PM
Once free Nash considers for a moment I would like to deal with the torch. I could create water to douse it, but that's likely to draw more attention than it'll save us. It's better to just sneak around. Hopefully the low light is enough. He removes a dagger from the veil and hide it up what's left of his sleeve. Next he gets out the holy symbol of asmodeus. An upside down pentagram.

He bites his finger to spill a drop of blood to smear on it. Next he moves sneakily to the closest prisoner, Ivan. He presses the holy symbol against his arm, leaving a bloody imprint then he whispers to the man. "Swear to obey me, and I'll swear to do my best to get you out of here. This unholy symbol will mark our promise and ensure divine retribution upon anyone who breaks it. I do not seek to limit your actions. Merely to ensure we're all working along the same plan. Of course we'll share any spoils the demands won't be unreasonable. I'm Asmodeus' fiendish vessel and I'll keep my side of the bargain."

If he does swear, Nash will pick the lock to let him free.

Xanyo
2018-09-05, 01:27 PM
Eyes flaring with a pinch of light at the attempt at coercion, Iywa quietly hisses at the cultist.

"Idiotic oaths of obedience can wait! Get us down already, or would you rather I yell 'prison break'?"

redfeline
2018-09-05, 01:49 PM
Letting out a small sigh. "I have to agree with red here. Get me out and I will do my best to get you out. Partnership, haste and silence are what we need."

DrK
2018-09-05, 05:03 PM
Ivan

The brutish thug looks at Nash holding picks. "You either help get us out I'm thinking we try breaking your arms or hollering for the guards. I got 3 days and I ain't swearing obedience to some one in a prison cell. "

He looks at the others, nodding sullenly to Iwya and Tilquin who seem to share his views.

Daishain
2018-09-05, 06:29 PM
Luvon is to far off to really hear the whispering going on, but just in case there's something substantial to it, he decides now is a good time to work out the kink in his shoulders. Moving his arms around, he lets the chains on him rattle a bit more. Hopefully not enough to be noticed, but perhaps covering up the faint sound of whispering.

oyzar
2018-09-06, 12:16 AM
"You're making a mistake here. My offer would ensure order and discipline in our escape. Though I don't plan to leave any of you behind. Please don't move about too much until I've freed all of you, we want to avoid detection and doing as little as possible would be better. Without a name for your all, swift communication will be difficult. As I already said, I'm Nash." Nash whisper as he stealthily moves from person to person, freeing them all.

Going to continue to take 10 on stealth and disable device which should be plenty to open the locks.

Niobaran
2018-09-06, 01:21 AM
Cassandra

Her shackles opened, Cassandra only very slightly adjusts her posture to not draw attention to her but to make sure the shackles do not fall to the ground. She gives Nash a big but somewhat ambiguous smile.

She then whispers again, as low as she can, turning her voice even throatier: "So, seems like we either all survive or all die trying. Guess that's all the deal we need. Anyone got a plan? Oh, and call me Cass."

DrK
2018-09-06, 01:23 AM
Ivan

His cold eyes look at Nash and then nod as the oath goes away and the manacles come off. Quietly he stretches his arms and rubs the blood flow back past the bruised and cut wrists where the manacles had cut into him.

Ivan. I am Ivan, my thanks for unlocking me. Does anyone have a way of attracting the guard?"

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-06, 05:27 AM
Concealed as he was by the flickering shadows thrown by the dwindling torchlight, Nash was quickly able to release each person in turn... until Luvon. The Elf, chained as he was next to the torch, proved to be something of a challenge, and as Nash picked away at his shackles, he heard a knock upon the cell block door and footsteps across the cell block.

"That don't sound like praying to Mitra for forgiveness, scum!" barked the approaching gaoler, torch and cudgel in his meaty paws, flanked by one of his comrades, fiddling with a ring of keys upon his belt, "Sounds like you need a lesson in keepin' quiet!" In the doorway to the cell block, waiting, lurks a third gaoler, peering into the darkness.

(The guards approach in the next round and all of you save Luvon are free, what do you do?)

oyzar
2018-09-06, 05:51 AM
Nash hastily retreat back to his chains. Grabbing them to make it look like he's still shackled up. He holds up a finger in front of his mouth, signalling to the others to keep quiet and don't reveal that they are escaping.

" Praying to Mitra is best left to the weak. But why should we keep quiet? It won't charge our fate." Nash says to the guards to indicate that they aren't doing anything they're not supposed to.

Bluff: 24

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-06, 06:15 AM
The gaolers reach the heavy metal bars that form the cell's wall - but, incensed as they are by Nash's blasphemy, they do not notice the unlocked shackles.

"Sounds like you're eager for a beating, heretic," growls the first gaoler, the one clutching the dwindling torch.

"I think we teach him a lesson, mate," replied the second, keys ready in hand.

Pressing his face between the bars, the first one growls to Nash again, "Speak ill of Mitra one more time, heretic, and you'll be too addled in the head to even speak your last words."

Niobaran
2018-09-06, 06:41 AM
Cassandra

"He ain't speaking badly about Mitra, genius." she says, in a half mocking, half disgusted voice. "It's Mitra's followers who are the weak."

Daishain
2018-09-06, 07:09 AM
Privately hoping that he's not making a mistake here, Luvon decides distracting the thugs from those already freed would be prudent.

"Dont bother correcting them, weak in the head as well as in resolve. Why else would they think an egotistical tyrant like Mitra worth more than their spittle?"

If they enter the cell, he'll rattle his chains and keep up the taunts. "Oh? Here to suck me off? You're the ugliest whores I've ever seen, but I guess I can close my eyes and imagine the queen instead."

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-06, 07:52 AM
Enraged by the continued slurs against their god, the pair of gaolers haul the cell door open, stepping inside. The one at the cell block door edges closer, eager to watch the upcoming beating as the pair inside the cell stalk towards Nash and Luvon. The one clutching the torch leans into Luvon and snarls, "Them's some big words from a demon shagger. You're gonna regret 'em."

(Surprise Round. Everyone's up, initiative doesn't matter for this because the guards aren't acting.
Initiative:
24.06 Luvon
22.08 Iywa
22.04 Nash
18.03 Cassandra
18.01 Gaoler A
15.03 Tilquin
14.01 Gaoler B
12.01 Gaoler C
5.02 Ivan)

https://image.ibb.co/eaa39e/image.png

oyzar
2018-09-06, 09:02 AM
Nash takes a step away from the wall, directly towards the middle of the room. Then he focuses intently as looks towards the gaoler that's about to beat down Luvon. Some say only cowards strike when the enemy is unprepared. I would say it's stupid to not grab that opportunity. The cowards gambit though is to catch them while they are distracted. He leans forward as if to bite him, though he's way too far away. A shadowy form, looking like his mouth and teeth, jumps out from him towards the Gaoler, reaching towards his neck. The power of his jaws are enough to tear his neck off almost all the way through, making the head fall of to one side in a fountain of blood.

Cowards Gambit, Swift Current Sneak attack[roll0] damage: [roll1]

Xanyo
2018-09-06, 09:22 AM
Iywa watches the guards enter the cell, rolling her wrists in anticipation. As they bring the light closer, a sinister grin is revealed on her face.

"Demon shagger?" she sneers, her anticipation obvious to those more alert, "Please. If you're going to throw around slut insults, at least make them good. For example, I may have been an escort afore I baked my last client, but I wouldn't lay with you two for the chance to roast Mitra's own hide!"

Her eyes flare, flames leaking from them. Abruptly, she yanks her arms from the shackles that no longer restrained her and straightens her stance. Stepping with confidence - no,arrogance - she moves towards the guards, raising her arms and gleefully hissing another taunt.

"Ooh, careful bitches! I'm getting hot!"

Flames flicker, racing up her raised arms, which she points at one of the guards. Twin jets of fire leap from her palms, striking at the man.

5' step southwest.
Fire blast
Touch Attack: [roll0]
Fire Damage: [roll1]

Niobaran
2018-09-06, 09:47 AM
Cassandra

Once the guards are inside the cell, she suddenly raises her head in an unnatural manner, as if starring at something on the ceiling. Her shoulders stiffen and it sounds as if some joints crack into place. Her eyes turn into a fiery yellow, her arms suddenly grow a layer of short, dark fur. A low shnickt noise accompanies the sight of her fingernails growing into sharp claws. She leaps a step forward ending in a crouched combat stance.

shapechange (2 claws),5ft step southeast

redfeline
2018-09-06, 10:24 AM
HP: 12
Initiative: 15.3
AC: 13 FAC: 10
saves: F4 R5 W1
Actions:
Standard: attack goaler B [roll0] crit? [roll1] damage [roll2] crit? [roll3]
Move:
Free: 5ft step south

Modifiers and ongoing effects:

Tilquin quietly steps forward and attempts to bash the guard in the head.

DrK
2018-09-06, 10:32 AM
Ivan (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1674201)

Grinning Ivan cracks his knuckles before leaping forward charing the guard that wasn't ripped apart by the creepy toothed Nash. Racing forward he grunts "See if Mitara can save you now eh..." as he rams a fist into the guards throat.

HPs 12 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5
- AC 12 (FF 10, Touch 12) Conditional: - 2 charge = 10

Charge gaoler B
Atk [roll0] dam [roll1] (possibly +3? from the gambit?)

- frustration of a surpise round that I don't get the swift action for a boost or to get into the stance!

Daishain
2018-09-06, 12:24 PM
Just before chaos erupts, Luvon looks thoughtful at the attempted jibe, "Hmm, nope, haven't done that yet. I might though, in your honor, after my friend out there eviscerates the one you left in the hallway." He nods towards where a large bird with wings that looked stained with clotting blood had just appeared.

The fiendish eagle gives a screech and flies at the face of the third guard, talons outstretched, seeking the man's eyes.

Luvon's eyes widen with surprise as the guard in front of him is felled by some manner of toothy shadow, but he soon recovers his composure and observes. As the second guard falls he states, "Assistance with these irons would be appreciated. You'll want my help too in getting out."

Surprise round, charge attack. round 1 after surprise is over, full attack, eagle goes before guard C in initiative, so rolling for both.

Charge attack [roll0]
charge damage [roll1]
full attacks [roll2]
full attack damage [roll3]
15 and a 4 to attack rolled in discord. damage on 15 was 4.

Niobaran
2018-09-06, 12:40 PM
Cassandra

The sudden appearance of the summoned bird seems to touch something in the young woman, as she holds for a moment. Cassandra speeds forward, her right clawed hand going for the gaoler's throat.

Swift action to enable Archaeologist’s Luck (+2 to attack and damage rolls)
Charge Gaoler C
[roll0] (+4 Att, +2 Charge, +2 Archaelogist's Luck)
[roll1] (1d4+3 + 2 Archaelogist's Luck)
[roll2] (+4 Att, +2 Charge, +2 Archaelogist's Luck)
[roll3] (1d4+3 + 2 Archaelogist's Luck)

DrK
2018-09-06, 12:53 PM

Ivan smiles as the guard drops, and smiles more as he smashes his heel repeatedly into the guards skull until it splits open. "That's for your God you goat f******." Kneeling by the now dead guard he pulls out the keys and unlocks Luvon. "You got a bigger bird in there to get us out of here?".

Looking about he smiles at the dead guards. "Buggers had that coming. You reckon any of you fancy getting out?"

HPs 12 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5
- AC 12 (FF 10, Touch 12) Conditional: - 2 charge = 10

Essentially coup de graes the guard he knocked out. Part of how his "cruel" drawback manifests

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-06, 12:53 PM
In a swift flurry of claws, teeth and fists, the three gaolers are knocked to the ground - around two of them, blood pools on the stone floor, while the third, the one struck by Ivan and Tilquin, has been merely rendered unconscious, his head ringing from heavy blows from the front and from behind, his ugly nose squashed and bleeding. As they fall, the ring of keys and torch are both dropped to the ground, adding to the cacophony of noise from the brief skirmish.

Should anyone check, in addition to the ring of jail keys and the rapidly dwindling torch, each guard has a heavy cudgel (a medium sap) and a thin shirt of linked chain rings (a chain shirt), along with a key marked with an individual number.

To the west, in a heavily reinforced cell shrouded in darkness, you can hear the faint sound of heavy bare feet upon the stone as someone - or something - slowly moves to watch you from behind heavy bars.

redfeline
2018-09-06, 12:59 PM
Tilquin picks up a sap and approaches the the heavy sounds and gazes in. "Why hello there. How did you end up here, and would you like to join our prison break?"

Niobaran
2018-09-06, 01:09 PM
Cassandra

Upon ripping out the throat of the guard in front of her, she quickly checks the corpse for anything helpful for their escape plan. She then retreats into the darkness for a moment, and listens through the opened doorway leading to the cellblock.

Then, there is the sound of footsteps and the turns around. Another potential ally? Or trouble? As someone else is already moving towards it, she rather stands watch where she is, slowly closing the door until it is only a crack open.

Xanyo
2018-09-06, 01:27 PM
Annoyed by her luck, Iywa watches as the others finish off the guards. She takes the armor off of the unconscious guard, slipping it over her own head, adjusting it to hold in place over her prison rags. Nabbing the guard's weapon as well, she points a finger at the bottommost gen of his clothing, which smolders a moment before catching fire.

Kissing the man's forehead, she then smiles and whispers in his ear.

"Sleep warm."

Giggling softly, she goes with the rest of the group, taking a position near the front.

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-06, 01:39 PM
Inside the reinforced cell is the only other prisoner currently at Branderscar - besides yourselves, of course - a sick looking ogre dressed only in a loincloth, bearing the same F brand that you remember being burnt into your own arms. He leans against the bars for support to keep standing as he squints down at Tilquin.

"Prison break?" grunts the ogre, before he glances over at Iywa as she strides across the cell block, "Grumblejack don't trust no fire tossing mages."

https://preview.ibb.co/jmJosz/1_grumblejack.png

oyzar
2018-09-06, 02:22 PM
"I would free you, but might as well use the key now that we have it while I search the guard." He bends down and strips of the armour and retrieves the keys, the sap and any coins there might be. When he lifts the chain shirt he's shocked at the weight. "This is a bit too heavy for me. I won't be able to move around easily and stealthily with this. You can have it." He holds out the chain shirt to Ivan. "If anyone wants the sap, you can probably use it more effectively than me as well. I also got another dagger. It's better that we all have weapons than me hoarding them. Anyone need that? Oh and could I have the key to free that guy over there? I want to talk to him, then I got a few more things to check out before we move on to the next step."

While heading over to the Ogre Nash says. "We should stick together. While I don't have the full escape route mapped out yet, I'm sure all our skills will come in handy. Once we get out of here I have a good idea of what's to go to avoid getting recaptured as well."

Once he's close enough to the Ogre that he can speak low and still be heard he says. "We're getting out of here and could use a strong arm like yours. I'll get you out in a moment." Nash works on the lock, either with key or lockpicks and continues. "You don't need to trust her. We'll keep your back safe if you keep ours. We who are a bit more gifted with different features than the rest need to stick together. They don't understand." He waves his tail, grabbing the lockpicks before putting them back and showing a toothy grin.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

DrK
2018-09-06, 04:12 PM

The large brute quickly strips the blood splattered tabard off the dead guard and nods happily as he pulled off the chain shirt and slipped it over his rough rags. Tapping the chain he nods at the nearest fellow criminal, "Good to have some steel on eh?" before pulling the blue tabard on over the top to approximate a guard. He glances down the corridor walking down towards the ogre. Looking at the big brute he nods. "He's a big lad eh?" he speaks to Nash. "Should let him out, he can help us get out. Good to have that sort of muscle."

Looking towards the door to the cell block he trots along. "SHall we head out? Is there anyone else coming, they'll be missing the 3 corpses here soon enough."

HPs 12 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5
- AC 17 (FF 15, Touch 12) Conditional: - 2 charge = 10

Perception [roll0]

redfeline
2018-09-06, 05:04 PM
I agree with our toothy friend. Our goal is to get out of here. After that we can worry about who is a fire tossing mage. So you come with us, or at the very least we can set you free and you can make your own break out while we also break out while standing next to you. Either way its better than staying. So do you promise to help us?

[roll0] diplomacy, add inspiration [roll1] if it is less than 10 on the die

Xanyo
2018-09-06, 05:44 PM
Sizing up the ogre - and deciding he's pretty big - Iywa leans casually against a wall and puts on a "pleasant" smile.

"Ah, dontcha worry big guy. I don' wanna burn ya. I mean, just think of the smell!"

She makes a face at the thought of the smell of a burning ogre.

Bluff to convince him that I don't want to burn him: [roll0]

Daishain
2018-09-06, 06:24 PM
In response to Ivan's question, Luvon states simply, "If you mean one big enough to fly us away, no, not yet at any rate. If I can get my hands on the right materials however, you'll find I have plenty of useful tricks."

Luvon rubs at his wrists after he is unshackled, then he goes over to where the eagle is busily digging bits of brain matter out of the eye socket of the man he'd helped kill.

Stroking the feathers on the bird's head a bit he says, "Yes, eat your fill, you've earned it. Be ready, I think I will call upon you again soon."

Hmm, this lot had proved more capable than he'd expected. Perhaps he'll stick with them after all, at least for now. Ignoring the ogre for the immediate moment, he'll try to obtain a small scrap of cured leather, borrowing a dagger to cut a bit off of a boot if need be. The summoned Eagle will melt away shortly.

That task done, he returns to the others and addresses Nash, "Given the timing, I presume those lockpicks came from your mysterious visitor tiefling. Were any other resources provided? A map would be particularly useful."

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-06, 07:01 PM
The gaunt ogre looked down at the much too wordy little 'uns before him, gears clearly turning in his mind as he listened and stared through beady eyes. He almost looked like he was about to break out into a yawn, in fact... until Ivan paid him a compliment.

"Grumblejack been here for weeks, kept after he killed two of the little 'uns in blue. Grumblejack dislike the stone hall of the blue men. Grumblejack want freedom." Pointing a long-nailed finger at Ivan, he grunted, "Grumblejack follow strong warrior. Grumblejack follow the Scrapper-man. Grumblejack and Scrapper-man crush puny blue men with strong fists. Escape the stone hall."

After Nash unlocked the cell, Grumblejack stepped outside, ducking through the cell door, and stretched his arms out - before he stopped suddenly, wincing in pain. Now out of his shadowy cell, his wounds - obviously from the fight to capture him - seemed great indeed.

(With regard to Luvon's question, the Veil still has another Dagger, a lantern, a rope, a vial of liquid, a pile of coins, an odd window design and a mysterious sack left on it.)

oyzar
2018-09-07, 12:40 AM
Nash nods. " There are some more things here. Unfortunately I don't think there's a map, but it doesn't hurt to check things out. Perhaps you could tell me more about the veil itself too?" He walks over to Luvon and holds it out. Then he pulls out the sack and inspect the contents. " This should come in handy. A sack of spell components. I don't need any right away. But it'll be useful down the road. Though if you need any, I can give you those components that you need." He binds the sack to his waist, but gives specific stuff from it if anyone request it. Next he gets out the potion. "Any idea what this is? I can't identify it."

After they are done with the contents of the veil he has over to the last guard, removes the tabard and sons it. "This is better than rags, even if it's bloody. I could wash it. But it would be more effective if someone had magic to clean it up. Anyone got that?"He looks at Luvon and Cassandra, but his question isn't aimed at anyone in particular.

Next he looks over to Tilquin, having noticed during battle that her punch seemed quite a bit less effective than Ivans. "You want a sap or dagger? Or do you prefer pouncing people. We got another armour as well. I guess I could wear it if no one else wants it..."

Finally with the items sorted out he turns to the next issue on the list. "With all the guards bleeding out or burning, we got no one to interrogate... If we end up in another situation with a guard alive, we should probably try to keep him that way so we can get some information. Regardless, we need to plan out our next move. We could rush headlessly forward of course, but I don't think that's the best plan. We don't know when we might run into all the rest of the guards. The next option I see is to either sneak around to try to avoid detection. I got another suggestion though. I could use a magic disguise to appear as a guard. Then use that to get to know what's up ahead and gain some information as well without getting detected.

DrK
2018-09-07, 01:43 AM

As Grumblejack is released Ivan offers a hand. "Aye, I'm a fellow scrapper. Ivan. Not that names matter much unless we get out this hell's cursed jail. You know where to go?"

He waits by the door for the others, curious to see what their suggestion isbut clearly wanting to move out. Action being preferred to inaction. At Nash's suggestion he looks suspicious - this having been the man who tried to make swear an oath of fealty and then bit a man's face off. "We could stay together and just kill any guards we meet. Quietly like, but with a few of us we can handle ourselves well."

HPs 12 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5
- AC 17 (FF 15, Touch 12)

Perception [roll0]

Niobaran
2018-09-07, 02:07 AM
OOC: Okay, I'll try to answer to different posts in one. Let's see how this turns out.

Cassandra

Answering Nash's question regarding magic: "Ah, yes, good idea. Just let me get a few steps away from the room, we don't want to alert anyone. Could anyone else have their ear on the room behind it?" She then starts humming a melody, lowly sings a few words in a language she does not understand herself, and thus casts a simple spell (Prestidigitation). She waives her hand over the materials to clean "I can't mend any of it, but it wasn't in the best shape in the first place. I think." She does not claim much of the clothes. If they have any kind of cloak or cape, and a belt, it would be just fine for her. Of course, everything will be way to large for her, so she improvises, cutting of a bit with her claws, and strapping it tight to her body. She has no interest in the tabard, if someone wants to take it.

Regarding Nash's suggestion to go out alone, "If they caught you, we have no way of knowing, right? And then they could just come back and outnumber us. I think it is better if we all go, so we can at least fight them in small groups. Hopefully." She shrugs. "It could still be useful if you would go ahead a few steps, to scout without raising suspicion?"

Then, the big ogre comes out of the cell, apparently having bonded with the big (but in comparison to the ogre, not so big) warrior. For a moment, she stands and stares. She has heard and read many stories about such creatures, and she had wanted to get in contact with them when over the wall. But she had been caught before ever reaching them.

She addresses Grumblejack: "Where did they catch you, big guy? And why? You look hurt." she asks in a low voice.

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-07, 05:30 AM
(The sack on the veil contains six sets of plain (but well made) clothing suitably sized for each of you, scattered amounts of spell components enough to last you all for a day and a small pouch of illicit and dangerous chemicals, enough to serve a dangerous alchemist for a day for his bombs.)

Grumblejack nods at Cass, flashing her a mischievous grin, "Grumblejack live on the moors out of town, rob little 'un travellers for booty. One day, many armed blue little 'uns come for Grumblejack. Grumblejack crush two of them, but they overwhelm Grumblejack, drag him here and force him into cell. Head little 'un say he wait for high holiday to execute Grumblejack."

Once someone finally hauls open the cell block door, they find themselves in an all too familiar room - though the roaring brazier from your brandings is little more than embers now - a sparse guard post with little more than a (absurdly oversized) fireplace and chimney, a few dwindling torches in wall sconces, a wide flight of stairs heading downwards and a signal horn perched on a table on the opposite wall.

On the eastern wall is a doorway that Nash recognises, leading to the interrogation room he met Tiadora in.

Niobaran
2018-09-07, 06:22 AM
Cassandra

She nods to Grumblejack's explanation, and then responds, her voice somewhat silky but full of a cold desire of revenge. "Us little ones (motioning at the group) and big Grumblejack will be free. And we will pay them back. You smash them, we slash them. Bad thing: Blue men know the cage. We don't know it that well. Does Grumblejack know it?"

When the chance for fresh and fitting clothing presents itself, she does not hesitate. She quickly strips naked, depositing the rags where she stands, cleans herself for around twenty seconds with a wave of her hand (prestidigitation), and gets into the new, clean clothes subsequently. She also grabs some of the spell components, particularly a little tin of butter. Thus clothed, she enters the branding room.

Inspecting it as a free person feels better than being hold, but the memory of the fire biting her arm makes her absentmindedly touch the spot on her sleeve hiding the mark. She motions to the bigger ones and then the horn. "I'd say, take it or destroy it."

oyzar
2018-09-07, 09:10 AM
While the other talk Nash inspects the contents of the sack more closely. He's surprised to discover it holds more than just the spell components he had thought. "Actually, the bag has more than just spell components. There's clothes here for each of us as well. I should have noticed it earlier, might have saved us a bit of time." He holds it out to the others so they can change if they wish. Himself he swiftly and efficiently strips naked and gets into the new clothes. He glances at Cassandra's naked form admiringly, but does not allow his gaze to linger since he doesn't want to make her uncomfortable.

Once he's dressed he responds again to the matter of what to do next. "I guess it indeed would be a problem that it wouldn't be easy for me to rely a message. It couldn't be used to get more than a few steps ahead then. It's true that a bigger group could offer more security in case of a conflict, but we still won't be knowing where we're going. I got an idea. What about using the disguise simply to lure a guard here. I could tell them to come help deal with Grumblejack or something. Then once we have more information about the layout of the place, we could travel in a group as Ivan suggested? Those of you who are adept at hiding could hide in the room with the fireplace with the rest right inside the cell block, ready to join in battle?"

redfeline
2018-09-07, 10:15 AM
As Nash offers the dagger or the sap. Tilquin holds up the sap she had already taken from the dead guard. Offered the clothing she takes off her rags and places it on the lit fire of the chimney. "I wouldn't suggest leaving anything the guard dogs can track." She puts on the new set of clothing hiding her numerous small scars.

"I do not like the idea of telling guards to come deal with a prisoner, especially one as capable as Grumblejack. I'd rather take our chances stumbling into a baraks and catching them with their pants down than let the guards come to us expecting a fight, even if it a different fight." At that she goes through the spell component pouch. She frowns, lots of items could be made to explode, but none of it seemed to be familiar toxins. "I will need an alchemists lab or a short bow to be truly lethal, but I will manage just fine." At that she dons the last set of armor and the matching tabard.

Xanyo
2018-09-07, 10:16 AM
Iywa had quickly lost interest in the ogre. She was the one to push into the branding room, where she found herself staring into the flames with fascination. She only manages to look away when The others start changing, eyes lingering a few moments too long. She smiles and strips without hesitation, quickly selecting a set of clothing for herself: a pair of pants, and a shirt she tied around her chest; no shoes or anything else. She seems to find the pants uncomfortable.

Discarding her rags into the brazier, Iywa watches the others while she responds to Nash's suggestion.

"I ain't gamblin' on the disguise plan. This few prisoners means not a ton of guards, and that means they probably all know each other. I say we find something big and flammable to make a distraction, draw the guards to one area while we escape through another."

Having said her bit, her gaze returns to the haunting flames of the brazier.

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-07, 10:34 AM
Grumblejack shrugged at the question before replying, "Blue little 'uns drag Grumblejack through gates and doors, down a long hall and then up to here. Grumblejack have ringing head at time, not see much else. Grumblejack not felt head ring like that since last time he robbed brewery wagon and drank entire barrel of ale."

Daishain
2018-09-07, 12:05 PM
Eying the horns on the Ogre, Luvon tried to recall if they were normal for its kind.

On learning more of the inventory obtained from the veil, he grows suspicious. "This is perfect, too perfect. They know us well enough to know exactly what we individually need for the escape. No one would go to this kind of trouble unless they wanted us in particular, most likely for some purpose. And with an Asmodean symbol involved... What do you know of this tiefling? They contacted you in order to deliver this."

Whatever the answer, he grumbles as he fumbles his way into the simple grey robe provided. "Whatever, I'm not about to stay here and die. Hand over those chemicals, they look suitable for simple low yield explosives. I'll take the bits of leather, wool, and the colored sand as well. With these in hand I can attempt to knock out a fair number of individuals at once, if they're close together. Or create false sounds to mask us or distract. Keep this in mind."

Luvon nods at Tilquin's and Iywa's comments, "I agree, They're likely to see through the disguise immediately, and even if they do not, the news that there's a problem with Grumblejack here would likely spread and alert most of the garrison. I suggest that we keep it simple, the stealthiest among us scout ahead, with the rest a reasonable distance behind. If a problem comes up, we fall on them in force. Otherwise, the scouts keep us informed so we can make a plan for any obstacles faced."

Arcana/Planes to determine probable source of horns? (modifier the same for either)
[roll0]
Rolled a 10 Klocal in discord

oyzar
2018-09-07, 12:37 PM
Nash shakes his head in disapproval of Luvons word. "See through the disguise immediately? Gamble? You got very little faith. My faith is strong though and Asmodeus provides me what's necessary. Just like he provided me with the tools we needed to use our skills, so would his divine power infuse my magical disguise to make it pretty much impossible to see through. I agree inciting them for battle is not the best idea. Instead I would invite the guard I find down to see a funny surprise. That'll of course be true, though not quite what he'll expect..." He picks up the asmodean symbol and shows it off.

"The lady who visited knew exactly who I am, even though I've never seen her before. Though that's the kind of thing you would expect. They'll be waiting for us in a manor on the Old Moor road near Varyston. If they can reach us here, I have no doubt they'll be able to find anyone trying to go somewhere else..."

"Also, I did give my name earlier, it's Nash. I prefer that you use that." He continues in his head, instead of the somewhat racist tiefling.

Daishain
2018-09-07, 01:05 PM
"Hmph, the gods are an untrustworthy lot. Asmodeus being more upfront than most of them about exactly how he will screw over his worshippers is only a slight improvement. My plans do not involve becoming some devil's plaything Nash, much less the plaything of some fool with aspirations of devilhood. I say we get out of here and find the first ship off of these damnable islands we can find. No man's reach is infinite."

He sighs, "Well at least the plan to invite some to get a bit of entertainment is better than raising an alarm, if the disguise is truly that potent. If you are confident in your acting skills, I do not have an overt objection,"

DrK
2018-09-07, 02:13 PM
Ivan

Changing like the others he puts the bloodstained tabard back over the top, the possibility of taking as a guard still there should there be confusion.

He looks at Iwya, "Aye, fire can be good. Though best wait till we know which way we want to run in case we block our own escape. I ain't fireproof" he adds looking at the collection of scales and red skin around the motley criminal crew.

"We can press on down, kill what we meet until we see the gates then best check 'em out. As for mystery helpers, I'm happy to speak with whoever but I ain't a servant of no god."

He nods to Grumblejack and moves towards the stairs. "Fancy cracking some heads?", he moves slowly allowing anyone more nimble to sneak ahead. Ivan walks more slowly, stepping into a brutal fighting stance to be ready.

Stealth [roll0] - 2 ACP
Assume black seraph stance

redfeline
2018-09-07, 03:56 PM
As Nash restates his name Tilquin lets her name be known.

"We are arguing in circles, where we are heading is all the same. Out the door past that if you want to be on your own so be it. I will meet with our... 'rescuer' but that is my decision alone. How we proceed to the outside, that is a group decision. A decision we must make quickly, the faster we move the less time they have to discover us. I count two votes against this disguise plan perfect or otherwise, and two votes fore. If you have an opinion cast it now."

She places the sap in the same position as the guards often had it. "When we move I suggest those that look like guards be in front, hopefully if we are noticed the few seconds we blend in will be device. As for getting out, we have two options. The front door possibly going off the bridge to avoid the dogs, or getting to an outer wall. Where we can see what the window and the rope on the veil do." Tilquin looks around. "If you have thought of another likely escape share it now?"

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-07, 04:52 PM
As Ivan and his newfound comrade-in-arms descended down the stairway (with Grumblejack somehow managing to be even lighter on his feet than Ivan), they found themselves in a empty stairwell, lit by a single torch held in a sconce on the wall. Before them was a heavy wooden door bound with iron - an old thing that had seen better days.

Grumblejack leaned over to Ivan and said in a (for him, at least) quiet voice, "Grumblejack dragged through that door from long hallway. Beyond hallway is outside."

(Grumblejack's Stealth: d20-1 = 20-1 = 19)

-

As far as Luvon can remember from the various tomes he's read in the past, the clans of ogres that made their homes in Talingarde - now for the most part extinct save for a few survivors and those driven into the North - do not usually have horns. Thus, the horns may be due to some random mutation, interbreeding with different monstrous species, or some sort of esoteric heritage - in the past, both chromatic dragons and the denizens of the lower planes have been known to... breed... with Ogres, though few understand the motives behind such acts - and fewer still really want to.

-

(Also, the fireplace in the guard room isn't lit.)

DrK
2018-09-07, 05:06 PM

Ivan skates down the stairs glancing at Grumble - "Sneaky for a big lad. You'd been useful in the gang I ran with. Big and sneaky - good for a cut throat." As Grumble mentions that the door leads outside he glances back to the others. "Outside on the other side of the door. Who fancies taking a peak?" He glances back at Nash, still uneasy at the strange massive jaws. "Through the door into the outside maybe a good place for a disguise eh?"

HPs 12 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5

Daishain
2018-09-08, 04:20 AM
Catching up to Ivan, Luvon quickly cleans the bloodstains off of his stolen tabard, "Even a blind man would notice that. In any case, it appears that your new companion most likely has a little bit of interesting blood in him. Dragon, outsider, perhaps some more mundane creature. Maybe it has something to do with that bit of stealth just now. The horns might just be a mutation, but inheritance is more likely."

The Arcanist spends a bit of time settling his newly acquired supplies on his person, storing volatiles separately, but close enough to be grabbed together when needed. "I suggest that we take our time here rather than just rushing for the nearest exit. We have a while before those three should be missed, we can get the layout of the structure, acquire more gear, and put an end to more of those who would be pursuing us. If the three guarding us are any indication, the staff here are ridiculously incompetent. Gutting this place's defenses should not be difficult."

"So who is taking point?"

Niobaran
2018-09-08, 06:15 AM
Cassandra

When changing, Cassandra did not seem to uncomfortable at all. It seemed as if she had no shame of showing herself naked, but she also did not actively bathe in attention or so. It rather seemed as if completely changing was as sexual to her as putting on or off a jacket.

Hearing Grumblejack's answer she just nods briefly. "A tale for another time, I guess." She mumbles and then watches as the two big guys go down the stairs. Hearing that they apparently encountered a door leading outside -- whatever that meant exactly -- she also steps down the stairs and walks towards the door, pressing her ear against it. If there is no sound behind it, she'd quietly open the door a crack and peek through.

Stealth: 26
Perception: 22

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-08, 07:05 AM
Peeking through a crack in the barely open door, Cassandra has a full view of the long hallway that seemingly runs the length of the old fort-turned-prison. Brightly lit by a trio of torches, there are a pair of guards in the hall - one with a heavy shield and blade, the other clutching a long fighting spear. While they are standing at post, their stances are relaxed and they quickly descend into chatter. In the middle of the hallway is long table with a signal horn lazily discarded on it, a trio of spears propped up nearby.

"That Blackerly is a damned thief!" grumbles the first, the closer guard, "That game last night was rigged!"

"If it's rigged, why do you keep going back to the gatehouse, then?" asks the second, with a tone that implied he'd asked the question hundreds of times before, and assumed he'd ask it a hundred more times in the future.

"Drink's passable," grunts the first.

The pair of them share a chuckle before the second says, "Drinkin' on duty! That's Blackerly, for you. Damn, this place has gone right to the hells. Captain Callidan would have never tolerated that crap. That's for sure!"

"Captain Callidan... he left, what? Two years ago? Lucky bugger."

"Almost three, and since then, the place has been straight down the latrine. That old Wizard they made Warden never leaves his tower. Just stays up there reading his books and petting his owl."

"Petting his owl? Is that what they call it these days?"

The guards share another laugh together.

Niobaran
2018-09-08, 09:45 AM
Cassandra

Cass memorises what she sees and then carefully returns to the others to relay her findings.

"So, whoever has an idea on how to get to the horn before they can, step forward."

Daishain
2018-09-08, 10:16 AM
Luvon nods, "Nash, I think it's time to show off that disguise."

"I'll pretend to be dead, and two in guard gear can drag me by the feet. Walk in backwards so they don't see your faces"

"Nash, you lead the pair while wearing the face of one of the dead guards, make sure they focus on you. Say whatever, but dont stop just get us to the table. Then jump them while I grab the horn."

"Everyone else waits here for things to get started, then help as you see fit. Do any have an objection?

DrK
2018-09-08, 10:32 AM
Ivan

Looking at the now clean guard tabard Ivan nods at Luvon, "Dragging you in backwards, nice touch. Aye, sounds like a plan." He looks at the strange fanged Nash, "Give us the nod when we're close enough to break 'em. You wanting spear or sword?"

Xanyo
2018-09-08, 12:25 PM
"Boooring. Whatever. Just do it, I'll be right behind."

Displeased by the plan, Iywa will follow them down and wait at the door anyway, watching for Nash's signal.

oyzar
2018-09-08, 02:36 PM
"Yeah, this could work. I'll go out in front, disguised as one of our former guards. Then Tilquin and Ivan drags along our nameless summoner. At my signal, we jump them and the three of you comes rushing in." He motions to Grumblejack, Iywa and Cass. "Just let me step up for a moment so they don't hear me casting."

Upstairs he quickly prays. "Asmodeus, please give me the guise of my captors so we can trick these fools and strike them down before they know what hit them." He also removes the last dagger and puts it up his sleeve.

He goes down again looking like the splitting image of one of the guards, no sight of fangs, tail or schorched skin. "Let's do this. Let me go out ahead, the two of you keep your face down to not draw attention to yourself. If we can keep from killing both of them, it would be nice. Though neither my bite nor my dagger are very good for striking without killing. I'll go for the one further away if given the option, but I might not have that."

Disguise check with disguise self should be 28 by taking 10, bluff 22

Nash opens the door and walks towards the guards, 10 feet in front of the others dragging Luvon. He keeps silent until the other two enters, then he speaks to once again draw attention to himself. "The devil worshiper kept slamming his head against the wall. Now we got a corpse to deal with." He'll keep on walking until he gets to the horn unless either of them stops him.

Daishain
2018-09-08, 04:11 PM
Luvon sighs, "If you must know, the name is Luvon. In more important matters, I suggest that two go for the man at the far end, and the third engage the one closer to us, but stay fluid. If something pops up we didn't expect, like reinforcements from a side room, yell at me, I'll hit them with something."

Luvon heads upstairs real quick, and tears up the rags he'd been wearing a bit more to make a crude blanket. Staining one end with a bit of blood, he casts a protective spell on himself and heads back down.

The summoner lays on the ground and covers himself with the bloodstained rags like a makeshift shroud. He tries to relax as best he can as the others take hold of his feet.

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-08, 04:13 PM
As the trio approach dragging Luvon along, the pair of guards look down the corridor at them and the far one - the more level headed spearman - starts shaking his head. "Damn it, Rosco. You were warned about this after the last one, you know how Sergeant Blackerly gets if he doesn't get to execute people."

The other guard, the more portly swordsman, adds, "Man, if I was you I'd just leg it now. See if you can get a caravan somewhere north and get a post on the Watchwall or somethin' where nobody knows just how much of a screw up you really are."

Rubbing his bald head, he sighs, "Well, we gotta get either the Sarge or Warden Richter to sign off on this, you know the rules. Might as well stash the body in the stairwell out of the way til they turn up. So, who would you rather piss off this time, man, 'cause we gotta tell one of 'em."

oyzar
2018-09-08, 04:35 PM
"I haven't done nothing wrong. Legging it would mean leaving everyone I know here behind." Nash adds worry to his voice as he tries to distract the guards by talking. He walks past the first guard up to the spears to pick one up. "As for who to piss off. Who do you recon is best and why?" He figures any extra information won't hurt. Since he's not encumbered by a body, he would be well ahead of the others, getting to the spears and the horn well before the trio reaches the shield guy.

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-08, 04:40 PM
"Man, Rosco, I didn't think you cared about us miserable sods that much. You're gettin' all sentimental on us," says the portly guard with a chuckle, wiping away a fake tear.

The other guard rolls his eyes, "Either one's gonna kick your poor arse for losing another one, so you might as well just pick. Either way you're about to end up like that spear." Pausing for effect, he adds, "Properly shafted, mate."

Xanyo
2018-09-08, 04:41 PM
Iywa crouches behind the door, using it as cover. She watches through the gap, anticipation tightening her muscles. As the toothy guy drew closer and closer to their foes, her heart twitched faster and faster as adrenaline slowly began to flow through her.

She almost laughs at the guard's shafted remark, but restrains herself.

oyzar
2018-09-08, 04:48 PM
"We'll see about who'll get shafted." Nash swears as he takes a couple steps more forward and thrust out at the spearman. Again shadowy substance seems to stretch forward, much further than the spear could normally reach. "Let's do this." He says in a bit louder voice, almost a yell, to alert the people in the next room.

Swift Current Spear, Coward Gambit Damage: [roll]1d8+3d6+4 = 22

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-08, 05:02 PM
The spear-toting guard looks almost surprised as Nash's purloined spear punches straight through his neck, a fountain of blood scattering over the hallway - floor, walls, even a bit on the ceiling.

His portly comrade is all but frozen in shock, muttering, "Rosco, mate..."

(Surprise round! Nash already acted, Tilquin, Luvon and Ivan are still up. Luvon is prone, however.)

https://image.ibb.co/iGVBZp/image.png

(Initiative:
23.04 Nash
20.08 Iywa
16.02 Ivan
13.03 Tilquin
9.06 Luvon
8.03 Cassandra
5.01 Guard B
5.00 Grumblejack
0.00 Environment)

Daishain
2018-09-08, 05:04 PM
Things progressing even faster than expected, Luvon simply stands up and tosses the shroud aside, ready to act.

Xanyo
2018-09-08, 05:10 PM
Iywa doesn't hesitate - or think, for that matter. When she reaches the closer guard, rather than pushing past or fighting, she leaps nimbly over his head, stepping on his shoulder for a boost. Jumping off of him and onto the end of the table, she quickly grabs the horn.

Recall that I did say I would watch from at the door.
Surprise round: move to guard and jump onto him. Acrobatics for a running high jump with about a DC of 20: [roll0]
Round 1: Jump off of guard onto far end of table, which is a DC 20: [roll1]
Then grab horn with last action.
16 still lands me on the table fine. Close end.

DrK
2018-09-08, 05:15 PM

Ivan dragging Luvon easily looks up in strange horror as Nash lunges forward with his spear using strange shadows to stab at the guard impaling him. Leaping forward he pounces on the second guard "Drop the blade if you want to live!"

HPs 12 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5

Stance: black seraph glare

Surprise Charge guard [roll0] dam [roll1]
-- if hit demoralise [roll2] vs DC ???

DrK
2018-09-08, 05:20 PM
Round 1

His first attack going wild Ivan dropped his guard before spinning around intona brutal ravaging blow. "Drop it or we'll tear you apart."

HPs 12 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5

Std: ravaging blow [roll0], dam [roll1] Will DC14 or shaken
-- demoralise [roll2] vs DC ??

redfeline
2018-09-08, 09:38 PM
Initiative: 15.3
AC: 13 FAC: 10
Actions:
Standard: Round 1 action Attack Guard B [roll0] crit [roll1] [roll2] crit [roll3]
Move: Surprise action: Move to guard B
Free: in move draw sap

Tilquin rushes the guard drawing her sap. In the next moment she lets out a solid swing with the cudgel.

oyzar
2018-09-09, 03:55 AM
Round 1

Seeing that his two companions botched knocking out the other guard Nash swears. " Damn it. Didn't I say my weapons aren't suited for keeping them alive." He skips around until he's directly south of the table, with Tilquin on the other side of the guard and stabs out again.

Attack flank cowards gambit vs FF [roll0] damage 1d8+2d6+4 = 14

Gambit result: everyone get +4 morale bonus to damage vs guard B and Nash recover maneuver.

Niobaran
2018-09-09, 04:55 AM
Round 1 - Cassandra

Cass darts forward. Seeing how both guards are drowning in pools of their own blood, she decides to make a run to the one further away.

"Stabilise him!" she hisses when passing her companions.

Run action to move next to Guard A.

Daishain
2018-09-09, 05:53 PM
Luvon quickly kneels by the guard who had born the shield and stuffs his cast off rags into the wound, trying to staunch the bleeding.

It works, but the arcanist is shaking his head as he gets up, "Shouldn't have bothered, this one's not going to be answering anything for hours at best. Lets just try again with the next guards encountered."

"Check the doors, try to hear if anyone was disturbed by the commotion we just made. Then I suggest we clear the bodies and blood from the room, in case someone comes in here behind us."

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-09, 06:11 PM
The portly guard quickly joins his comrade down on the floor before he is even able to regain his wits. Another victim of Nash's lethal spear strikes, he loses consciousness still wondering what made Rosco go insane. Some of his blood splatters onto the floor, but Luvon's quick actions are able to staunch the bleeding and save him from death.

Behind you, in the stairwell, you can see Grumblejack emerge - his expression quickly turning to one of disappointment - he did, after all, not get to smash any of the little 'uns.

(Visible equipment, should someone want to grab it:
Guard A: Longspear, Shortbow, 20 Arrows
Guard B: Longsword, Heavy Steel Shield, Shortbow, 20 Arrows)

Both of you can hear footsteps - the sound of several sets of bare feet on slapping on stone, followed by the sound of another heavy door being yanked open, coming from the Eastern side of the Prison.

Round 2!

(Nash and Iywa are both up first - since they're unawares and faster than Ivan & Cass.)

Niobaran
2018-09-10, 05:03 AM
Cassandra

Cass stops her run near the body and instinctively crouches a bit as she hears the sound of trampling bare feet and an opening door. She lowly hisses and then states, hopefully loud enough for the others to hear and low enough for no one outside the door to hear:

"Someone's coming. More than one." She stretches out her clawed hand, pointing towards the east wall.

DrK
2018-09-10, 06:16 AM
Free

Ivan smirks as the second guard is speared horribly and dies, though Nash with the strange shadow stuff is unnerving at the very least. The sound of boots coming alerts him and he points, like Cass, "Shh, more guards coming...."

HPs 12 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5

oyzar
2018-09-10, 06:32 AM
"You got sharp ears Cass. Nicely done." Nash says with a quick smile towards the beastial girl before rushing towards the door to prepare for anyone stepping into the room. Praising her can only help if we're going to be working together.

Move to the square SW of Tilquin and ready an action to use Dimensional Strike if an enemy gets within reach. If someone steps out from the door it should also provoke an AoO

Xanyo
2018-09-10, 08:47 AM
Frustrated again with the lost opportunity to burn something or someone, Iywa is getting very annoyed indeed. Indeed, she lets out a soft hiss like a kettle.

"Next person I see," she whispers, barely audible, "Is getting burned, no matter who they are."

Ready standard action to Blast the first person she sees enter range. Attack roll: [roll0] against Touch. Damage roll: [roll1]
Initiative will be shifted to just before the provoking action.

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-10, 09:10 AM
The sound of footsteps and a short, muffled conversation were more apparent now as they grew closer, clearly audible through the heavy eastern door.

(Ivan, Tilquin, Luvon and Cass are all up next.)

https://image.ibb.co/b0XsAU/image.png

redfeline
2018-09-10, 10:20 AM
Tilquin smiles, reaches down grabbing the bow and a handful of arrows. She then moves to the far side of the dead guard turns around arrow drawn. She may need a few seconds to aim, but for the first time since her ship sank she felt comfortable.

Niobaran
2018-09-10, 11:18 AM
Cassandra

Cass, unsure what exactly to do, moves towards the door on the east. Her hands fiddle within the small pockets into which she had put the few components she required. Better to be prepared...

Cass moves 30 ft south-south-west, and then prepares to cast Grease (DC 16) on any signalling object (like, a signal horn) carried by anyone behind the door (or otherwise becoming visible) should it open anytime soon (Range 25 ft.), unless the signal of said object has already been heard before she can react.
Vision: Low-Light vision

DrK
2018-09-10, 01:29 PM
]Ivan (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1674201)

Round 2

Ivan waits, staying near the door dropping down and picking up the shield from the fallen guard. He nods to the door. "Get ready "

HPs 12 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5
- AC 17 (FF 15, Touch 12) +2 shield

Daishain
2018-09-10, 02:00 PM
Luvon presses up against the wall by the door, clutching a pinch of multicolored dust in his hand, preparing to cast a spell through the doorframe the moment it opens.

Readied action to cast Color Spray. DC 16 will save vs [roll0] rounds of unconscious, [roll1] round blind, 1 round stunned

oyzar
2018-09-10, 02:30 PM
"Come quickly, I need some help in here." Nash says to throw off the guards that presumably wait on the other side of the door and make them rush in. He's casting his voice to be as similar to the old Rosco as possible. Hopefully that will make them rush to his aid instead of expecting him to attack.

Still keeping that readied attack though

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-10, 04:14 PM
(Note: Iywa also picked up the horn on her turn. Going to assume Tilquin dropped her sap, since it's the only way her turn worked.)

Grumblejack moves forwards, stopping next to Luvon, his thick arms ready to backhand anyone foolish enough to step through the door, an eager grin on his face.

The footsteps grow closer to the door and a half-awake voice calls out from the adjacent room to Nash, "Damnit, Rosco. The hell's going on in there, you woke us all up!"

A second adds, "And why ain't you on duty, you lazy sod, Rosco!"

Round 3!

https://image.ibb.co/m7DQX9/image.png

(Nash and Iywa are both up.

Initiative:
23.04 Nash
20.08 Iywa
17.01 Environment
16.02 Ivan
13.03 Tilquin
9.06 Luvon
8.03 Cassandra
5.00 Grumblejack)

oyzar
2018-09-10, 04:33 PM
Nash answered in a stressed voice. He didn't have to fake that part at least, just let it shine through more than it normally would. " I'm on bloody duty. These crazy devil worshippers. Help." They even make you see double. He thought as his body veered to the side, suddenly there were two Rosco's standing there, holding fast amidst the prisoners.

Copycat domain power, otherwise readied action as before. Bluff = 25

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-10, 06:11 PM
The door before you is hauled open to to reveal a pair of guards - wearing little more than trousers and undershirts, swords clutched in hand - standing in the middle of a cluttered dining hall - a room packed with barely space to move with tables and benches. Amongst the benches, towards a door to the south, stands a third guard, equally under-equipped for the oncoming fight.

As soon as the door swings clear, the pair are met with a cascading spray of colours. Dazed and dazzled by the confusing rainbow visual assault, the two slump down to the ground, bereft of consciousness.

The third guard swears loudly before yelling, "You scum killed Vic and Ronnie! Prisoners on the Loose! To Arms! Tell the Sarge!"

https://image.ibb.co/bvoUaU/image.png

(Ivan, Tilquin & Cass are all up.
Initiative:
23.04 Nash
20.08 Iywa
18.06 Luvon
17.01 Guard C (Unconcious)
16.02 Ivan
13.03 Tilquin
8.03 Cassandra
6.01 Guard D
5.00 Grumblejack
3.01 Guard E (Unconcious)
0.00 Environment)

Daishain
2018-09-10, 06:14 PM
Luvon sneers as he surveys his work, "Might I suggest that someone goes to shut that last one up?"

DrK
2018-09-10, 06:25 PM

Round 3

THe display of magic makes Ivan leery but he grins happily as guards topple to the ground, dashing into the room he shimmies over the table, twisting to avoid any ineffectual attacks of the guard as he blocks the door behind the guard. A whispered - "unlucky pig, you're surrounded now and we've got two to question later...". The twisted grin on his face makes it clear things won't end well for the guard in question.

HPs 12 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5
- AC 17 (FF 15, Touch 12) +2 shield = 19

Acrobatics [roll0] Vs DC 10 if required

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-10, 06:33 PM
As Ivan dives past the guard to block his progress, the guard lashes out with his sword, scoring a lucky cut across the brawler's side.

(Ivan used a counter, so the guard rolls at +1 for his AoO.
1d20+1 = 18+1 = 19
Damage: 1d8+2 = 5+2 = 7 slashing damage.)

redfeline
2018-09-10, 10:16 PM
Tilquin shrugs, apparently they are moving to the guards instead of the other way round. She moves slowly by the dead body 15ft south to the door. Raises her bow and lets an arrow go flying

Initiative: 13.3
AC: 17 FAC: 10
Actions:
Standard: Round 3 action Attack Guard D [roll0] if total is between 8 and 12 inspiration [roll1] crit [roll2] [roll3] deadly shot, spending martial focus [roll4] crit [roll5] [roll6]
Move: travel at half speed to the door.
Free: reload
swift: [roll7] (+3 dex, +1 base, -5 swift from short bow mastery equip sphere.) [roll8] crit [roll9] [roll10][roll11]

Niobaran
2018-09-11, 12:49 AM
Cassandra moves into the room, looks around briefly, and (seeing the guard down) walks towards the opened door to see what's behind.

If I count correctly, she can double move next to the northern door in room 10. (Presumably the bedroom?)

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-11, 07:05 AM
Punctured through the chest by twin arrows, the third guard quickly joins his comrades on the ground, more blood spilling out onto the prison's stone floor.

Peering around the doorway, Cassandra spots a cluttered barracks - four sets of bunks are joined by a cluttered array of heavy trunks, fifteen in total, that have already started to spill out into an empty corner of the mess hall due to sheer lack of space. Next to several of the bunks is piles of equipment - boots, tabards, shields and chain shirts - evidently abandoned by the last three guards in their haste.

Grumblejack shoves past Nash and Luvon in his haste to get into the fight, only to be met by another trio of bodies on the floor. Disappointed, he gives the nearest guard (E) a swift kick to the ribs, just to make sure he's really out of the fight.

Grinning, he says, "Grumblejack need to make sure. Real sure."

(Guard E suffers d6+3 = 6+3 = 9 nonlethal damage.)

Through the mess hall's southern doorway, Ivan can clearly hear a heated argument in response to the now wounded guard's shouts.

"Go, Irena! I'll hold 'em off!" says a gruff male voice, full of false bravado.

"I ain't leavin' you, Gregor! Just run with me!" replies a feminine voice, "If we can make it to the gatehouse, we'll be safe!"

"Just run, damnit!" growls the male voice, clearly close behind the door.

Round 4!

https://image.ibb.co/e9GTkU/image.png

(Combat pauses as soon as someone opens the door, everyone is up, but it makes most sense for Ivan to do it.)

Daishain
2018-09-11, 07:41 AM
Luvon calls out, "he was shouting for someone to hear, this is not over, find them!"

He kneels by the unconscious guards and start cutting up the rags discarded, twisting the cloth into makeshift ropes, "Someone help me bind these two before they wake."

Xanyo
2018-09-11, 07:55 AM
Annoyed and disappointed again, Iywa dashes into the room and to the southern door, in hopes of finding someone to burn properly.
Whenever I get to act, double move to the southernmost door.

oyzar
2018-09-11, 08:48 AM
"Grumblejack, help bind the guards instead of kicking them please. With your great strength they won't be able to escape easily. We need them alive to know more about the place." Then he continues in his head. And he's heavily wounded, so it's uncertain how much help he'll be in combat.

Nash himself rushes towards the door. " Let's hurry to get them before they can warn others." He stands ready to stab anyone inside once the door opens.

I got some of one move action left when I get to the door, but I guess I need a full move to open it?

Note that the stance gives 20 foot reach with a spear, so he might threaten those inside before they can get away.

Ivan is heavily wounded too, so it would make sense for him to not want to rush into combat right away.

DrK
2018-09-11, 08:54 AM

Round 4

Muttering a string of curses under his breath Ivan nods to the door, a harsh whisper of "There's more on the other side of the door. Give me a nod and I'll throw it open for someone to run in.". he clutches a hand to his side where fresh blood is seeping from under the tabard and rolling down his flank.

HPs 5 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5
- AC 17 (FF 15, Touch 12) +2 shield = 19

Actipons: Ready action to throw open door and move aside for someone else

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-11, 09:17 AM
Ivan heaves the door open to reveal a pair of servants, one of whom - a surly looking bearded man - promptly launches a heavy pan soaring through the air over Iywa's head to land on a table behind her with a clatter. Quickly realising his mistake when faced by an angry looking Ifrit, he and his companion - a younger town girl - stumble backwards, begging for mercy.

"Please! Please don't hurt us!"

The room behind them is a well stocked kitchen, the fire low, little more than embers, for the night.

(Combat is over.)

https://image.ibb.co/i3dazp/image.png
(Cass is off the north end of the map, at the northern end of the mess hall.)

Xanyo
2018-09-11, 09:45 AM
Iywa is very, very angry right now, and it shows. The flames searing up her arms, her tenseness, her face, the fact that she's practically screaming about how they've gone through eight people so far and she didn't get to burn any...

redfeline
2018-09-11, 10:24 AM
OOC: Not that is matters but Tilquin was not updated on the combat map.

IC: Tilquin rounds the corner looking at the pair of servants. I have good news, we are looking to talk right now. Have a seat and keep your voices low and you will get out of this alive. Otherwise... She touches the arrow shaft in the now dead guard.

Intimidate take 10 = 19
If it is too stress full to take 10.
[roll0]

DrK
2018-09-11, 10:28 AM

Ivan looks in and dismisses the two servants, aside from a curt "You got anything to bind my wounds? Now of the fiery lady here will burn you a cinder." Still wincing he glances over at Nash. "Nash, was there anything on that magic veil that can help with a slice in me?". Straightening up and still wincing he begins looting a little dropping the shield and hovering near the centre of the room looking a little angry and a little in pain as he takes a breather letting the other start the interrogation.

HPs 5 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5
- AC 17 (FF 15, Touch 12) 17

Focus: Focused

Rebuilt a little with the Spheres stuff so he's a mixture of boxing, open hand and gladiator spheres. Brute and/or fencing comes as he starts levelling up.

Xanyo
2018-09-11, 10:57 AM
Frustration, frustration, frustration. The others didn't want her to burn these people, did they? And they were surrendering? Another frustrated hiss escapes her lungs.

"Let me burn them! We don't need them! Come on! I'm all flared up now, I need to burn something!"

Iywa paces impatiently, hissing and growling, and occasionally moving as though she were about to burn someone: the man, the town girl, Nash... Whirling towards Nash and Ivan, she nearly shrieks at them.

"Let me burn something already! Before either I burn up from the inside out, or I burn one of you from the outside in!"

A sound is heard, something like a simmer, like a kettle beginning to boil. Those who look in her eyes see red coals, holding a flicker of flame.

Aid another intimidate, as if that 20 isn't enough: [roll0]

DrK
2018-09-11, 11:53 AM
Ivan

The bleeding thug looks at Iwya and then gestures at the guards with a shrug. "Burn one of them. Leave the cooks alone, they are just peasants trying to earn a living."

Sitting down on a bench he helps himself to any of the food or drink nearby. Glancing at the cooks "Where's the ale?"

Xanyo
2018-09-11, 12:04 PM
Iywa returns to the mess hall with haste, glancing at each guard in turn for a moment. She picks the one the big ogre hadn't kicked and hoisted him on a bench. Hopping up to sit on the table behind the man, she hoists him upright, weaving her arms through his to hold his head in a hold. To her, his body is cold. To him, her body is hot. Raising her voice, she shouts sharply at Grumblejack.

"Hold that other guy and wake him, but don't break him yet!"

Eyes still like coals, she shakes the guard violently and hisses in his ear.

"Wakey wakey now. Puttin' some fresh logs on the fire, you wanna be one?"

Niobaran
2018-09-11, 02:26 PM
Cassandra

Upon not finding another guard in the barracks, and apparently all opponents under control, Cass relaxes ever so slightly. Her claws stay out though, as she moves back to the hallway to listen on the two doors leading west to see whether someone hides behind there as well. She would not be needed to make those peasants speak. They would give into their fear soon enough.

While passing through the door to the hallway, she turns around towards Nash.

"Yo, Rosco.", she winks, and continues, returning his previous compliment. "Nice job. Quick mouth. Prefer the teethier one, though."

She turns again and continues her way to the doors.

I don't have access to my sheet right now, but I'd make a perception on both doors in the discord, I guess?

oyzar
2018-09-11, 02:44 PM
Nash hisses to Ivan, barely above a whisper. "It's Rosco!" before handing him the healing potion. "It's only one of them. Hopefully we can acquire some more supplies soon. Speaking of supplies..." He starts hauling the guard shot by Tilquin into the kitchen. He smiles upon hearing Cass' comment but simply replies "Thanks" before once again focusing on the commoners.

"I can get you alive out of this. I'm still alive as you can see. You just need to cooperate and nothing bad will happen. First off, we'll need some info. My head is ringing from earlier, so I can hardly think straight, let alone remember anything." He stabs the guard with his spear and starts drawing in blood on the floor. "Help me out making a map of the place. We're here in the kitchen right?" Nash draws what he knows of the kitchen, the barracks and the hallway right outside. While he draws he fires off a few more questions in between asking for them to complete the map. "Where is the warden and Blackerly now? Where are weapons, armour and other supplies stored? What other rooms or things of interest are there here. Are there any other prisoners or guests besides those who were upstairs? How many guards are there here?"

diplomacy to get them to talk [roll0]

redfeline
2018-09-11, 04:46 PM
Tilquin reaches for one of the arrows in the guards gut. She pulls it out with a quick jerk letting the body flop lifelessly on the floor. She inspects the headless arrow. "No tip." She tosses it back onto the floor away from the map. "That is the thing about these barbed arrows. It is so very hard to get the head out of a wound. You pull and most of the time the head stays in there wrecking havoc. Other times it comes out with most of the flesh around it." She pauses for effect, that type of wound doesn't heal you know. Just leaves messy puss filled scar. No, to get the arrow head out you have to push it. You have to drive it deeper into the wound until it comes out of the back. Could you imagine that."

She points the arrow at the young ladies legs. "If I hit you there for example. Low pressure, not a full draw. The arrow would go in crack the bone, tear the flesh." She points at the man. "You would have to gently push the arrow further in, but that is a mistake too. You want to push it fast so the pain doesn't make squirm and cut more flesh, leak bone marrow. Any how after pokes out the back side, youd grab the shaft, pull quickly. Try not get the fetching stuck inside. You'd then have to have a hot iron, like the one upstairs." Tilquin flips her arm around showing the brand. "Burn the wound shut so she doesn't bleed out. You see the black char I have right her from the brand. But this is a deep wound you'd really need to get the iron in there, so a lot more black. Maybe a couple of times reheating the iron."

She smiles warmly. "What smells like burning meat." She looks behind herself to Iywa. "Oh" She returns to the hostages. "Any how you'd live Miss. You'd never walk again, but you'd live." She knocks an arrow onto the string and does a half draw leaving it pointed at the girls legs as if by accident.

"Sorry to hold things up Rosco, some times I get an image in my head. Any how I think they are going to smart, so they won't be hurt. Just tied up in here, safe and comfortable" She lingers for a moments as the questions are delivered by Nash. Once they start answering she heads back out to the yard and grabs a sap, a short sword, a quiver, and as many arrows as possible.

Intimidate takes more than one round. So I figured I'd keep it going.

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-11, 05:43 PM
Grumblejack frowns and nods at Iywa's order, hauling the guard up by his waist - upside down. After a vigorous shake by the Ogre, the guard awakes, panic in his eyes as he stares at his comrade in Iywa's clutches.

Said comrade growls at his predicament, spitting in Iywa's face. "We ain't helping scum like you."

-

The pair of servants back away in fear as Nash hauls the bleeding guard into the kitchen, the village girl hiding behind the bearded man.

At Nash's offer, he steps forwards and adds to the map, explaining, "Warden'll be up in his tower, he rarely leaves it. Even has us bring food up. If Blackerly ain't in his office, over the west side of the place, he's probably in the gatehouse playing cards. They keep all of their spare gear - and anything they loot off convicts - in the armoury, other room in the west side - we ain't allowed over that side of the castle, so I'm not sure on the layout. Blackerly didn't want us in there."

The girl pipes up, "There's fifteen guards in the place, plus Blackerly and the Warden. My Pa said there used to be more, back when, but he reckons Blackerly's cut the staff and kept the gold for himself."

The man, Gregor, nods in agreement, "Blackerly's a snake. You lot are the only prisoners that we've heard about. Portcullis password is 'Hesterfield' - Blackerly's hometown. Never changes. Just... look, man. Don't hurt us. We told you everything. We don't wanna die."

https://image.ibb.co/e3YXEp/branderscar_servant_sketch.png

-

Cassandra can hear nothing at either of the western doors - each one of them the same kind of heavy wooden, iron barred door, but when she checks the northern one, she notices that it's locked shut.

-

(There are no short swords to grab from the fallen. Just longswords, longspears, shortbows & arrows (two sets of 20, including the set Til already grabbed), chain shirts (from the two armed ones), a heavy steel shield and Tilquin's discarded sap.)

Xanyo
2018-09-11, 06:07 PM
Flinching as her prisoner spits in her face, she glares. Heating up a little, the saliva almost sizzles.

"You mistake my desires here," She says in a low hiss, "I do not want your help. What I want is to light your friend over there on fire and watch him panic as he burns. And I want to take the brands from upstairs, turn 'em white, and see how you react when I test them on your manhood."

Her grip on the man tightens. Some parts of the clothing he wears smolder just a tiny bit.

"But these guys here, they don't want that. They want to get out of here the easy way. I want to burn this place to the ground. I go with them for now because everyone else here wants me dead, and they make decent ablative armor. I'm getting really frustrated though, because they keep killing before I start burning!"

She punctuates her point by spitting a spray of hot sparks in the guy's face. Her voice turns into a barely restrained growl.

"You can cooperate fully with us and maybe earn a swift death for you and your comrade, or you can play the mouse to my hellcat! Those are your two options, and I'm on the fence about even letting you choose which one to take!"

At this point she is practically shouting. Her eyes blaze, embers spray from her mouth, and her hair is more fire than hair. The guard in her clutches is starting to get hot. She seems on the verge of simply incinerating her prisoner for her own satisfaction.

Intimidate check against the guard I grabbed. [roll0]

Daishain
2018-09-11, 06:10 PM
Luvon quickly moves in at Iywa's explosion not wanting this to escalate further, "Scum's a rather strong word. Some of us aren't so bad. Take me for instance, you're only alive thanks to my spell and my insistence that you be kept alive for the sake of this conversation. You see, I don't kill without purpose. Some people in between me and freedom sure, some saps who got lured in by a fake voice, what's the point? I'd be inclined to just leave you in one of the cells upstairs."

"Of course, that's me. The girl behind you, if I'm guessing right, is already imagining the way your fingers will shrivel and blacken as she burns them off one by one. And Grumblejack here, well, I think he's just hungry. Give me good enough intel and I just might be able to convince them to consume something else."

He holds up a hand, "Careful though, if you piss me off, I will still try to convince them to let you go, but not as you are." He pushes up the sleeve of his robe to reveal the fresh brand. "You'll be leaving with one of these. You know what this means, it cannot be removed, and it marks you forever as one of the forsaken. Even if you left this place you'd be hunted everywhere you go. Try to appeal your innocence, and it will be assumed that you stole the identity of a guard. It would force you to live like a hated animal."

He gives a creepy smile, "So do be careful with your words. And be quick about it, the ifrit girl is growing very impatient."

Rolled an 11 for Aid another on Iywa's intimidation check in discord.

oyzar
2018-09-12, 12:45 AM
"Fifteen guards. That means there are seven left. Good. What do you have here in the kitchen? Anything useful besides food and drink? We could use some healing. I assume this door leads outside? Or does it go to a pantry?" Done with the map, Nash bussies himself with finding something to eat. He'll try to find a sack or something to carry stuff in, but also get some to eat right away. It's not like they've feeding them well in prison.

Sense Motive: 21

Niobaran
2018-09-12, 09:13 AM
Cassandra

Thinking that there is no immediate danger coming from the two doors in the hallway opposite the barracks/kitchen, she moves towards the big door supposedly leading outside to put her ear against it.

If you need a reactive perception roll: [roll0]

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-12, 09:55 AM
The only response Iywa gets is a growl and more spit launched her way.

Squirming in Grumblejack's meaty paws, his face rapidly turning red, the other guard says, "Bollocks to the stubbornness, Ronnie, I ain't dying for this toilet! I'll talk, what do you want to know? Just don't burn me or feed me to the Ogre!"

The guard in Iywa's grasp shoots his comrade a vicious glare.

--

Gregor points at a rack of knives bolted onto the wall nearby, along with a meat cleaver currently stuck in a chopping block. "We've got those. There's loads of food about here, just grab what you want." There's baskets of bread and fruit on tables in the kitchen, along with the makings of a stew for the upcoming day in a pot near the fire, though it hasn't been cooked yet. In a heavy wooden box under one of the tables is a bunch of wax paper wrapped bundles - presumably iron rations.

The girl pipes up, "There's the gardens outside the door in the prison's yard - a vegetable field and the special plant they've been dosing your ogre friend's food with. We don't mess with that one - Blackerly planted it when he took over."

(The kitchen knives function as daggers and there are six of them. The meat cleaver functions as a machete (http://aonprd.com/EquipmentWeaponsDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Machete). As far as Nash can tell, the servants are being honest.)

Daishain
2018-09-12, 10:04 AM
Luvon smiles, " there we are, I knew one of you would be smart enough to take the offer. You can start by telling us where the where the rest of the guards are. Any hidden ways out of this place would also be welcome. But don't stop there, the more interesting things you let us know, be more amenable we will be."

redfeline
2018-09-12, 10:23 AM
Tilquin walks past the fiery investigation. She places her new longsword into its scabard. She feels much more comfortable with the full quiver on her back. She turns to Ivan. "I suppose you may want this longsword? However I see your quite good with her fists, so I am uncertain." I he asks she will give it to him.

"Grumblejack, will you be wanting a spear or some other weapon?" Once he answers she will try and accommodate him.

After that she heads back to the kitchen. "So did these fine people tell us about the castle Rosco? Where does this door lead?" She gestures to the one in the back unaware that they had only just finished talking about it.

Niobaran
2018-09-12, 10:27 AM
Cassandra

Cass leaves her post at the north door. Without too many words, she collects the remaining keys from the guards.

Seeing Tilquin looking for additional weaponry, she approaches the Elven woman. She speaks lowly: "Hey, you, Tilquin, right? Should we maybe see what those dogs have in their bed stands? I've got some keys. Won't open all of them, but still. And should you by any chance know how to use those lockpicks Rosco has, all the better."

She briefly waits for an answer and then walks towards the bedroom to search through the stuff for anything which seems remotely helpful in their escape: Maps, shift plans, diaries, memos, valuables, high quality items, keys, ropes, etc., laying out her findings in little stacks on the tables.

She also makes a stack of at least somewhat clean tabards, as well as weapons and armours, respectively. If Tilquin helps, it probably goes much faster, but she will do it anyway.

Her focus is on the locked crates, but she also checks typical hiding spots, like under mattresses and carpets, or behind oil paintings on the wall.

Once she is done with that, and assuming she is not interrupted, she enters the kitchen and starts looking for food, first sniffing it, and if smelling normal, eating some. The last days were rough.

redfeline
2018-09-12, 11:51 AM
Tilquin will help Cassandra.

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-12, 01:48 PM
(I need seven Disable Device checks from Tilquin (and don't forget the +2 from the MW tools).)

oyzar
2018-09-12, 02:05 PM
"I do want to mess with that one... After all they've put me through. They deserve it." Nash says at almost a whisper. He doesn't say who he's referring to, the guards, but the commoners are free to think it's the other prisoners. Nash goes over to the door to peek outside. Trying to stay unnoticed if possible, but if he's noticed, it'll just look a guard anyway.

If everything goes smoothly, he'll return to the map making. "Having a map of this place is all good, but we need a map over the surrounding county as well. I need to know where we are in relation to Varyston, where the moors are and any other towns or important features of the land nearby."

Stealth: 20

Seeing that there are no one directly outside Nash looks back to the couple to ask what the plant looks like before he prays quickly. "Asmodeus give me guidance to best use this foul plant." He then sneaks outside, gathers the plant as quickly and stealthily as possible and sneak back in. He's mindful of the dogs and careful to not let any smell or sound drift the way towards their kennel.

Surival with guidance: 17

DrK
2018-09-12, 03:38 PM

Tilquin walks past the fiery investigation. She places her new longsword into its scabard. She feels much more comfortable with the full quiver on her back. She turns to Ivan. "I suppose you may want this longsword? However I see your quite good with her fists, so I am uncertain." I he asks she will give it to him.

Ivan looks at the sword, hefting it one hand and sliding it onto a scabbard on his back along with the heavy shield. They may prove helpful in a pinch he reckons. More usefully he grabs a dagger and nods at the others. "I'll leave you to the questions, I'm getting some food." Following the others into the kitchen he finds sack and shoves some food and water in, tieing it onto his waist. The weight incidental to his muscled frame.

As Nash offers the potion he nods his thanks. "If I'm hearing right we are making progress with these guards. You thinking we should just seek to escape or kill'em all and then drape 'em from the walls.". Chugging the potion he grimaces, "Mint, always gods dammned mint."

He continues to get dressed and bandage the now diminished wound as he listens to the mayhem, watching with curiousity as Nash heads out the door and wanders out into the garden. Looking at the scared commoners, he nods - "You got a way in or out and know where the nearest horses or a boat are?"

HPs 10 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5

Drink Cure LIght wounds [roll0]

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-12, 04:57 PM
The upside down guard replies quickly to Luvon's question, "There'll be some lads on both gatehouses - there should be two manning the wall, but they said they were probably going to Blackerly's card game, in the East Gatehouse. Room there's a bit hidden, since you gotta go up and over to get to it, so he runs stuff there. Ain't no other ways off this rock, though - unless you're secretly part mer-elf."

Grumblejack replies to Tilquin, the guard slipping slightly as he adjusts his grip, "Grumblejack not able to use puny little 'un weapons. Need proper Ogre Steel."

-

Nash peeks out the door, seeing the starry night of the early evening overhead, the high walls of Branderscar blotting out any view of the world beyond them - but he can see no sign of shadows lurking atop them. In the prison's yard are rows upon rows of vegetables - lettuces, potatoes and carrots, amongst other things - and an odd bush planted off to the side. When he heads for a look at the bush, he recognises it as Belladonna - known to assassins as Deadly Nightshade - with more than enough to harvest, should he wish to do so.

Inside, the girl, Irena replies, "We come in through the gates, it's a bit of a hike from Varyston every evening, but the road's safe enough, even if the moors aren't. The place is surrounded by high cliffs and the sea, so there's no other ways in, even if anyone wanted them."

"Beyond the road and Varyston, we can't help you - we're townsfolk, we don't know the surrounding area - not safe to wander about the moors anyway," replies Gregor to Nash as the ninja returns through the door, "The Warden'll have a map, though. One of the guards might, too."

(Belladonna/Deadly Nightshade (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/PoisonDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Belladonna))

Daishain
2018-09-12, 05:21 PM
"Yeah, we heard about Blackerly already. From the sound of it, we have him to thank for the chance to get out of here."

"What can you tell me about the Warden? What manner of spells does he have."

"Also, what is supposed to happen in cases like this? How would the people here go about tracking us down after we leave?"

Luvon looks to the more stubborn guard, "Feel free to chime in here, your friend's cooperation won't save you if you stay silent."

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-12, 05:25 PM
"Get bent," growls the stubborn guard.

Growing ever redder in the face, the other guard replies, "We don't know anything about that magic mumbo-jumbo, man. He got spells, that's all we know. And the procedure for a prison break is a sword through the chest of whoever's daft enough to try it - but you saw how well that went when we tried it. Nobody's told us what happens if anyone escapes because nobody escapes from Branderscar."

Daishain
2018-09-12, 05:36 PM
Luvon shakes his head, "All right then, Iywa, I think he's made his position clear. I'd rather not have him screaming in my ear, but otherwise I no longer have any objections to whatever you want to do to that one. Have fun."

Dismissing the stubborn guard from his attention, he turns back to the more cooperative one. "It seems he didn't get the hint. All right then, what else can you tell me? What about the hounds, any traps or defensive measures other than the guards?"

Xanyo
2018-09-12, 06:14 PM
Grinning at the go-ahead to burn the uncooperative guard, Iywa-

CENSORED FOR GRAPHIC CONTENT
...Finished and (somewhat) satisfied, she lets the no-longer-a-person slump to the ground.

Daishain
2018-09-12, 06:17 PM
Luvon waves a hand in the face of the guy he's been questioning, "Hey, Hey! Don't worry about him. Worry about yourself. Keep talking."

redfeline
2018-09-12, 10:52 PM
Tilquin moves from chest to chest picking the locks as best she can. She takes a look in each box as they are picked but leaves Cassandra to do most of the looking.

Disable device in order 28, 24, 28, 19, 23, 22, 26 :smallbiggrin:

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-13, 09:09 AM
"Hounds are in a kennel by the gatehouse!" yells the guard, panic in his voice, "Other than that, you've just got the main gate and the portcullis at the cliffs!"

-

After several minutes of plundering, Tilquin and Cassandra manage to open, be it by key or lockpick, all of the guard's trunks. They contained...

A bottle of ink, a quill and a personal journal - while mostly mundane and dull, it does reveal the gatehouse password ("Hesterfield" - Blackerly's hometown) and the fact that he has an illicit card game going tonight in the eastern gatehouse.

A small pouch, containing six gold pieces in various coins.

A bottle of fine whiskey (smoky, peaty with just a hint of sweetness) without a label, worth around 25gp.

A bottle of absolute rot gut booze, again without a label, worth around 5gp.

A silver holy symbol of Mitra and a Mitran holy book containing a collection of common tales and psalms.

A collection of rumpled peasant garb with two decks of cards concealed within, one of which is clearly marked to the trained eye, along with a pouch containing 12gp in various coins.

A surprisingly well written love letter ending in a proposal of marriage to someone named 'Michelle', and a sapphire engagement ring worth 100gp.

A finely crafted, masterwork lute.

A small box of absolutely delicious cookies carefully wrapped in wax paper, labeled "From Lil.".

A whetstone, cleaning supplies for a chain shirt, an extra bowstring and a small book of military regulations.

A collection of cheap, tawdry, crudely printed books (so called "penny dreadfuls") about dashing heroes, daring do and amply bosomed damsels prone to fainting and outdoor bathing.

More peasant garb and a short sword in a sheath.

Another small pouch of coins, this one amounting to 3gp.

A small bag of doggy treats.

A small bottle with a hand written note, "In case of trouble - Love, Mom!" that you can clearly tell is a potion of cure light wounds.

Xanyo
2018-09-13, 10:31 AM
Iywa, now bored with the interrogation(although she is a bit less frustrated now), goes and takes a look at what is popped out of the trunks.

Generally, one can sell an item for half its listed price. Thus, my loot-splitting calculations will consider items of little to no use to us besides selling to be worth half their listed price.
List of items of value, items we would only sale are listed at half their market price(all prices in gp, even if that would make it fractional).

Ink(4)
Quill(0.5)
Fine whiskey, 1.5 lbs(12.5)
Rot gut booze(2.5)
Silver holy symbol of Mitra, 1 lb(12.5)
Mitran holy book, 1 to 20 lbs, probably 1 lb(0.5 to 50, probably around 5)
Loose coins(21)
Engagement ring(50)
Masterwork lute, 3 lbs(50)
Marked cards, 1 lb(0.5)
Cards, 1 lb(probably 0.5)
Whetstone, 1 lb(0.01)
Short sword
Potion of Cure Light Wounds

Not really worth the math... The short sword and potion ought to go to whoever needs it, of course. The total value of the rest(going on the low end for those with uncertain values) is 159.01 gp. That's 26 gold and 5 silver each after we sell them(if possible), with a copper left over.

This math was probably really unnecessary, and selling stuff'll likely be tricky. Nash can probably do it though.

Daishain
2018-09-13, 12:04 PM
"Hold on just a second Grumblejack."

Luvon heads over to the kitchen and repeats what he heard from the guard. He asks the cooks, "Anything sound wrong with that story to you?"

He also asks the other forsaken in here, "Anything else worth asking that one?"

DrK
2018-09-13, 12:35 PM

Ivan looked at the others as they started stuffing books, lutes and the like into bags with a strange look. the only think of value at the moment was escape! He glances to the kitchen. "Kill the guards, and the cooks, or tie 'em up, they ain't like the guards, but we should get going." Peeking out the door where Nash had been roaming he looks to the others. "Gate and escape or you wanting to take the warden's head before we try and escape. Either way playing with these guys and cooking guards will get us all caught".

Glancing out into the garden he nods towards the gates. "Warden can stay in his tower and rot for all I care. Gate is the way out of here and back to the streets"

HPs 10 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5

Daishain
2018-09-13, 01:09 PM
Luvon is quick to shake his head, "The Warden is the one person here who absolutely must die. His spells are their best bet to recapture us. Without him word goes out much more slowly. They also would not have someone with divination on hand to make tracking much easier."

"There is also one more reason, if I am to be an asset to this group for much longer, I will need supplies. The guards will not have them and I will not be able to purchase them at any store that we are likely to be able to access. The warden should have almost everything I need."

DrK
2018-09-13, 01:15 PM
Luvon is quick to shake his head, "The Warden is the one person here who absolutely must die. His spells are their best bet to recapture us. Without him word goes out much more slowly. They also would not have someone with divination on hand to make tracking much easier."

"There is also one more reason, if I am to be an asset to this group for much longer, I will need supplies. The guards will not have them and I will not be able to purchase them at any store that we are likely to be able to access. The warden should have almost everything I need."

Ivan

Ivan glances at Luvon, and grins. "Twist me arm then eh, lets go an kill that warden. Best be quiet about eh." he looks at the prisoners. Quickest way to get to the warden's tower? Smartly now or we'll kill you. Need a way which avoids the dogs."

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-13, 02:48 PM
Gregor replies, "Everything he's told you sounds about right - there's the portcullis at the end of the road up and then the main gatehouse. As for the warden's tower, we just go round the back of the place - you can just cut across the grass."

From the mess hall behind Luvon, a muffled cry can be heard, followed by crunching and gnawing. Whenever Luvon turns around at the noise - or anyone else looks in on it, there is nothing to be seen of the guard, save for his discarded sword on the floor nearby. Unconvincingly, Grumblejack grins and says, "Umm... he... escape?"

oyzar
2018-09-13, 02:57 PM
"The plant is belladona. It's a poisonous plant that's often used in herbal medicine. Unfortunately, the poison is only usable if ingested and it takes some time to work. If we could mix it with beer and serve to the guards playing the game in the guardhouse, that could be useful, but we would have to wait quite a while for it to take effect. I'm not sure it's worth the risk to use it that way here." Nash turns towards the two commoners. "As you might have figured out, I serve Asmodeus now. So should you. It would be best for you if you swear to worship him and follow the commands of those above you, that would be me. If not, you might not make it out of this death-castle... For now, let's chain them up upstairs so they can ponder their choice."

Assuming no one have further question he'll go along with someone to bring the commoners up to their old cells and lock them in using the keys from the guards. On the way back they'll come over the still breathing guard and Nash will ask Cass about him. "Why did you want to save him? Just for information?" After getting an affirmative answer he'll continue "I guess we got as much as we can from the others. And he will only be a bother if we try to keep him alive. Better to just finish him off now than try to figure out what we can do with a useless body." He quickly follows up with stabbing the guard in the throat if no one objects.

Once down again, Nash will investigate the belongings of the prisoners and borrow the whetstone to sharpen his spear, grab another and sharpen that as well. "The sharper weapons will help us kill our enemies more easily. Everything helps, right? We shouldn't leave anything valuable or useful behind. Life doesn't stop once we get out of here and we'll be starting from close to scratch."

Finally it's time to venture further. "Before we confront the wizard though. Let's go to the western side of this place. It might have more things we can use. Perhaps things we'll need against the wizard."

DrK
2018-09-13, 03:42 PM

Ivan waits as Nash locks the cook upstairs and watches with a thin smile as Nash kills the guard. He looks at Grumblejack, "Plenty more eating this way big man?" he calls.

Then looks at Nash and the others, "shall we clear those rooms now?"
Leading the way he skates the door and stealthily opens it up after everyone else sets themselves up.

Go to door on West side
Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

HPs 10 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-13, 04:08 PM
The (surprisingly well maintained) door swings open easily to reveal a large office - inside is a large desk cluttered with papers and a padded chair. The office has two doors - one in the eastern wall and one in the northern. Crackling away in sconces on opposite walls are two torches, giving the room ample light and a warm glow.

Should anyone check it, the northern door is locked.

DrK
2018-09-13, 04:13 PM
Ivan

Striding through Ivan nods to the locked door, "Something must be good in there I reckon. I'll have a peek this way.". Slipping smoothly to the far door on western wall he'll again ease it open as quietly as possibly and peek through.

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

oyzar
2018-09-13, 04:16 PM
"Hold on a bit, that might be leading outside. I should be the one to check since I still have this disguise, just in case someone notice. Also if there are enemies or traps behind both or either door, I would rather focus on one place at a time. Please?" Nash says quickly to stop the big man from rushing outside. If Ivan agrees he will open the north door though. "Also, I want to check this door first, it's less likely to contain guards and more likely to contain stuff we can use in case we do encounter guards."

Disable Device with guidance: 29

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-13, 04:29 PM
The western door opens to reveal a large - but horrendously kept - set of slovenly bed chambers. It contains a large bed, a pair of tables strewn carelessly with personal possessions of little value beyond sentimentality and a heavy wooden wardrobe. Beneath the bed, Ivan can see what looks like some sort of box made from a dull metal.

-

Behind the northern door is a barely stocked up storeroom - while it is full of empty space, there are some supplies still remaining - a stack of boxes labelled torches is piled haphazardly in one corner with a pile of battered lanterns abandoned carelessly nearby. Two small kegs - about ten gallons each - are next to the lanterns, each one stinking of lamp oil. There are also a pile of spare guard tabards, a stack of signal horns, a large mound of rope and two heavy wooden - but severely water damaged - barrels with peeling labels that read 'emergency rations'.

Should anyone care to check the rations, they have clearly long since seen better days - in addition to the water damage, there are signs of both mould and maggots. While the brave or outright desperate could eat them, it might be ill advised.

Hanging in a custom rack bolted to the wall are a set of brands, each one ending with the same runic F symbol you now all bear upon your arms.

DrK
2018-09-13, 04:35 PM
Ivan

Ivan looks at the brands upon the wall. "Iwya, something here for you to play with, you heat these up I reckon we find that Sergeant and stick 'em where the sun will never find them." In the messy chambers his eyes alight on the chest. "Nash - big box here for you to look at. I reckon we found that Sgt's chambers."

oyzar
2018-09-13, 04:41 PM
"I was hoping this would be the armory. Guess more rope could come in handy at some point perhaps. Maybe we'll be able to use the lamp oil to set someone on fire? Though it'll be a difficult thing to set up. Otherwise this doesn't really seem immeadiatly useful. Maybe some of you can search it thoroughly while I try to figure out the box? Tilquin can you aid me perhaps? Together we should be able to do it. This is looking much tougher than the other locks so far. Asmodeus please provide us guidance in unlocking the chest." Nash says as he leaves the room and heads over to the box to try to get it open.

Disable device, assuming 2 aid another and guidance: 26
Perception, bedroom: 12, storage: 22

redfeline
2018-09-13, 04:57 PM
Tilquin eyes the brands for a moment. "If we keep one perhaps we can find out about the magics on the rune. That would let use remove the mark permanently." After that she aids Nash as best she can, between the pair they know many techniques.

Aid other disable device [roll0]

oyzar
2018-09-13, 05:18 PM
"Hmm, this lock is proving more difficult than I had thought. This might take a while... Would be nice if some of you could stay on lookout in case any of the guards come back from their game." Nash says to the rest not helping with the unlocking. "Though searching the remaining contents of these rooms would be nice as well..."

Daishain
2018-09-13, 05:41 PM
Luvon doesn't say anything to Grumblejack and his obvious lie. Just shakes his head and moves on. Taking up the other shortbow, he asks for a few arrows for his own use.

In the office he points to the north. "Armory's on the other side of that wall if my guess is right. We should hit it next. But as to these papers, perhaps there's something of interest within."

Luvon settles in to scan through the documents.

Rolled 22 for perception, but 7 for Int.

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-13, 05:54 PM
Luvon can make neither heads nor tails of the prison's accounts - in his not-so-expert opinion, everything about them looked fine. He did, however, managed to find a duty roster for the evening with several positions marked with asterisks.

Three lads upstairs.
Three lads on the main hall. *
Two lads on the wall. **
Two lads atop the gatehouse.
Two lads on the portcullis.

-

After fifteen minutes of effort, Nash and Tilquin manage to finally crack the lock on the heavy iron strongbox, revealing Sergeant Blackerly's product (a case of a dozen bottles of cheap rotgut whiskey (In theory worth 5gp each, should you find anyone willing to drink it.)) and his ill-gotten gains (a sack containing 1235gp in gold and platinum pieces).

Daishain
2018-09-13, 06:41 PM
Luvon goes through the documents, "If I've cracked his oh so subtle duty roster code properly, it looks like there should be two men each on the gatehouse and portcullis, and three snuggled away with the sergeant at his game."

"I would not take that as hard truth, any of them could be wandering about anywhere. But its a start."

"You done with that chest yet Nash? I think the armory would be our best bet to hit next."

Xanyo
2018-09-13, 06:47 PM
Iywa occupies herself with heating the brands to the point that it hurts a bit to look directly at them.

redfeline
2018-09-13, 10:01 PM
"Well that is a nice bonus to take. Platinum, havn't seen much of that since I left my home lands." She looks at the others. "We'll divide this up when we are all out of here. Perhaps at our benefactors home for the night. So are we taking one of the brands with us?"

oyzar
2018-09-14, 12:23 AM
"Yeah, we're finally done with the chest. This has quite a lot of gold. I wonder how a simple sergeant have come by so much." Nash walks over and have a look at the records. He then takes another careful look through the rooms.

Once everyone are done looking Nash carefully opens the last door, or unlocks if it won't budge.

int:[roll0]

Given the amount of time we've spent unlocking, it would make sense if someone took 20 looking through the rooms... If not I guess I'll roll:
Perception both with guidance bedroom: [roll1]
Storage: [roll2]

Stealth: [roll3]
Perception door: [roll4]
DD: 25

DrK
2018-09-14, 12:46 AM
Ivan

The money spilling out makes Ivan smile as he leans towards the bag of gold. "Heavy bag that. You want me to carry that and your food?"

Seeing the duty roster he nods to the others, "Good news there, no mention of anyone on the Warden. One door left, shall we open that and be on our way?"

Niobaran
2018-09-14, 03:56 AM
Cassandra

After looting the barracks and Iywa's assessment

Cass does not seem too interested in most of the items, but a few seem to have awoken her interest. "The card games could come in handy... And the dog treats. Those buggers often forget their loyalty when treated right." She quickly skims the books, sneering at the penny dreadfuls, she adds: "Who knows when I'll be in need of toilet paper." She grins. "Or cheap entertainment."

She picks up those items unless someone interferes.

After Nash's explanations about Belladonna

The name of the poison sounds strangely familiar to Cass... She puts a bit more thought into it, trying to remember, but most of what she has learned over the years is loosely scattered and not very organised in her head.

The reason it should somewhat ring a bell with her is that Belladonna is as far as I know also known as Wolfsbane, in the sense that it is a cure to lycantrophy. Given her background, it should somewhat sound familiar, but I'd still say she does not remember per se. This is what Knowledge Nature checks are for, I guess:
[roll0] (trained)

After Grumblejack eats the guard

Hearing the sound, she looks up from her thoughts about the poison and approaches Grumblejack. Seeing the sword on the floor, she quickly connects the dots. Imagining the guards being eaten fills her neither with extraordinary pleasure nor disgust. After all, big creatures eat smaller creatures (and rarely the other way round). This was just the natural order of things.

"Whoa. Big guy. I'd want to let you know that I am mostly skin and bones. Also, I'm not good for your tummy."

She grins, holding up a single claw. "Finally some treat for your, eh? At least those guys are not poisonous... Let's make a deal, you protect me, and you may eat everyone who tries to kill me?" She winks, and she is clearly not trying to get him into some kind of serious deal.

"You feeling better now? Or do you still feel wonky from the stuff they gave you before?"

While she does not try to lure him into some kind of devil's deal, Cass is trying to gain him as an ally. So maybe a diplomacy roll? Did one earlier, so feel free to ignore:
[roll1]

When the group goes west...

The whole conversation with Grumblejack has held her back, so she comes in a bit later. Seeing that the others mostly take care about the more obvious stuff and proceed with opening all those locks, she tries to see if there is something else hidden here. Most of the place seemed to be a mess, but sometimes... With a slight shnickt her claws retract and instead, her face turns more cat-like, her nose slightly shrinking, her ears getting a bit pointier, her eyes turning yellow again (and this time, staying this way), and finally some dark, short fur appearing around her eyes. Once she is done with the search, she changes back to the claws.

She'll search the place while the other are opening locks and stuff. Taking 20 on searching (perception?) the place if this is alright. Assuming it is perception, her result is a 26. During the search, she has See in Darkness (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/universal-monster-rules#TOC-See-in-Darkness-Su-) turned on.

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-14, 08:23 AM
Grumblejack shrugs, "Blue little 'uns feed Grumblejack yucky bread and meat dead so long it not even bleed. Grumblejack hungry, so Grumblejack eat fresh meat. Grumblejack not eat clawed lady, though." Rubbing his belly, he continues, "Grumblejack still feel weaker. Not have his full strength."

-

In her search of Blackerly's quarters, Cassandra manages to find a dark bottle at the back of his wardrobe labelled 'medicine', filled with what appears to be cheap rotgut whiskey mixed with some variety of pungent herbs.

(Craft (Alchemy), Heal, Knowledge (Nature) or Survival would all be options to learn what the herbs do.)

Niobaran
2018-09-14, 08:33 AM
Cassandra

She unstops the bottle carefully and takes a sniff on the insides, trying to make out what the scents of herbs in there.

[roll0]

(Edit)

Not sure about the contents, Cass offers the bottle to the others. "This here says medicine, no idea what it is though..."

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-14, 08:46 AM
Nash manages to pick the door's lock - evidently Blackerly put his best lock on his strongbox, not any of the doors - and swings it open to reveal the prison's armoury. Along one side is half a dozen spare sets of equipment for the guards - chain shirts, heavy steel shields, long swords and shortbows (each stamped with the royal mark of Talingarde somewhere on them), along with a box full of leather wrapped saps, a dozen quivers of 20 arrows, an abandoned longbow and a few discarded leather jerkins and padded vests.

Along the other side, piled so haphazardly as to be almost dangerous, is a wide array of confiscated weapons, taken from prisoners over the years. In addition to an absurdly large collection of shivs made from various odds and ends, there's at least one of most weapons here.

(There's one of pretty much every weapon that costs 60gp or below in the pile, so anyone can find one or two weapons they need in that price range. Just make sure you post whatever you're grabbing - and I'll make sure everyone's inventories are up to date after this, so make sure to update them with whatever you've taken from the storeroom, the kitchen or the armoury.)

redfeline
2018-09-14, 09:56 AM
Tilquin searches among the guard bows for a moment looking for the best. She then combines a few quivers to have 50 arrows. She smiles at Cassandra, "Lets find a guard to unload this quiver into."

Niobaran
2018-09-14, 10:39 AM
Cass carefully rummages through the array of confiscated weapons until she finally finds what she was looking for: A crossbow. She straps a batch of bolts to each of her thighs, and looks around until she finds a belt to use as a carrying sling.

Inspecting the crossbow, she is approached by Tilquin.

She grins. "Good plan. I prefer the more direct approach, but sometimes those come in handy."

Daishain
2018-09-14, 11:48 AM
Luvon carefully pulls a Rapier out of the pile. Giving it a few test swings, he nods and fastens the Scabbard around his waist.

He seems less impressed by the bows on hand. Taking up the longbow, he asks no one in particular, "Who was this made by? A spavined goatherd?" Testing the draw, he sighs, "At least it seems unlikely to break for the time being. It will do for now."

"All right then, it looks like people have what they need. I suggest we take out the Warden next. With him gone, our recapture would be much less likely. Those spells of his could organize a search and get word out swiftly. Watch out for an owl, it sounds like it's his familiar. It will be able to inform him about us. I suggest sparing an arrow or two for it. The familiars death has a chance to weaken it's master. Of course it dying will also alert him to us so timing is everything there."

oyzar
2018-09-14, 12:34 PM
Nash curiously inspects the weapons. I wonder if they have something I can use here.. His eyes light up when he spots something interesting down in the pile of weapons tossed on top of each other. Carefully he moves the sharp implements aside, he doesn't want to risk damaging the weapons or himself. The tiefling then draws forth a very long slender sword, the haft as long as his forearm and the blade well over 5 feet. "A nodachi." He whistles.

Suddenly Nash springs into motion. The blade travels in a huge overhead arc. He continues along the movement of the blade with a sommersault. Then he spins around and swings the blade around high overhead held only in one hand in a circle around him. Finally he stops the blade and brings it up vertically right in front of him, grasping the haft with both hands. "This will do." He proclaims with finality and takes a couple deep breaths.

His blade dance to test out the sword done, Nash walks over to the armours. The tiefling quickly and effeciently gets into a suit of darkly coloured hard boiled leather. Next he picks up a sheath for the huge sword which he conveniently sheaths along his waist. Regretfully he eyes his discarded spear. "I won't be able to carry an extra weapon and move about effectively right now, but it might prove useful down the line. Could one of you carry one for me?" He looks at Ilywa, Tilquin and Ivan, clearly the stronger of the bunch. Next he tries to put a dagger back into the veil, if that fails he just drops it. The other dagger he put at his belt unless he's able to find a wakizaki to replace it. The thieves tools he hands over to Tilquin. While waiting for the others to finish he bussies himself sharpening his blade with the wheatstone.

"Let's go. I'm ready. I suggest we sneak up on the warden carefully. If we catch him unaware we might be able to kill him before he knows we're there. I think the kitchen entrance should be the best way to avoid detection."

Not sure how much I'm allowed to carry, but I should probably get rid of most things regardless. That's why I'm getting rid of the spear and the thieves tools. I'm probably 1-2 lbs over due to the unholy symbol and the second weapon, but I hope that's ok?

Tilquin: Chris asked us to note down everything we're carrying on our sheets. I figure it makes most sense that you'll jot down the things from the chests. I'll remove the tools from my sheet, so make sure to mark them on yours. I also traded away my trapfinder trait, so you'll probably be our main trap disarmer since you got trapfinding.

DrK
2018-09-14, 04:23 PM

Ivan looks at the weapons and grins at the collection of weapons and grabs a crossbow, some bolts and a wicked looking great axe. With a sack of food and water, and a thick coil of rope, along with the other weapons it's a heavy load.

He looks at the others and nods back to the kitchen. "Wardens tower sounds like a plan. Shoot down the owl if need be.

Perception [roll0]
Stealth [roll1]

HPs 10 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5

Xanyo
2018-09-14, 04:34 PM
Iywa returns to the others with a white hot poker in hand, having discarded her sap as it was no use to her.

"Yeah, whatever. Just tell me what to burn so we can ditch this place."

Daishain
2018-09-15, 09:40 AM
Luvon takes the bottle of 'medicine' from Cass and smells it. Tearing of a tiny strip of parchment, he dips it in to test the color, and finally licks the strip of paper.

"Sleeping draught, rather effective on several species, including canines. We could try to slip it to the guards, but I think a less failure prone use would be to coat the dog treats with it and toss them to the mutts."

oyzar
2018-09-15, 12:17 PM
"That sounds like a good idea. Though getting too the dogs without them noticing us or causing a ruckus will be difficult, though far from impossible. I'm not sure if we can get to where the seargent is without passing by the dogs, but regardless we should leave it for after the warden. I'll scout ahead and tell you to follow when the coast is clear. If anyone got a way to send magical messages, it would be good, if not we'll do without." Nash offer another quick prayer of guidance before heading outside.

Stealth with guidance: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-15, 04:45 PM
The part of the yard between the kitchen and the tower proved to be little more than thin section of poorly maintained grass in the shadow of the outer walls that had clearly seen better days. The tower itself is taller than the main prison, reaching skyward for three stories. The door is of similar design to the others - heavy wood bound with iron - but is somewhat better maintained. A brass panel nailed to it reads "Warden's Tower - Do Not Disturb".

The only light outside anyone can see - besides those of the prison itself - is a light in the distance atop the gatehouse, a bright spark in the dark night.

oyzar
2018-09-15, 05:04 PM
Nash sneaks back to the rest. "Looks like the coast is clear. There are no one between here and the tower, though be quiet just in case. There are no windows and only a single door, we should all go together to be ready for what's inside. Quickly now, let's go." He then leads them to the door which he studies carefully to determine whether there are any traps and if it's unlocked or not. If it's locked and not trapped he'll borrow the picks from Tilquin to try to unlock it.

Stealth: [roll0]
Perception door with ki: [roll1]
Disable Device: [roll2]

Daishain
2018-09-15, 05:09 PM
Luvon casts a spell just before they head outside for the tower, his sense sharpening to pick up any sources of magic. He scans the tower as best he can, paying particular attention to the door, but also trying to get a sense of what might be active within.

Perception check on door as Aid Another [roll0]

Xanyo
2018-09-15, 05:10 PM
Iywa stalks along with the group a tad impatiently, although she does at least make sure to cover the glow from her hot brand. When she reaches the tower, she stares at the sign while the big-mouthed one checked the door.

'Do not disturb,' hah. He probably considers being on fire fairly disturbing.

She smiles at the thought.

[roll0]

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-15, 05:16 PM
The door, while heavy, is not locked, and swings open to reveal a chamber empty of furniture and steeped in history. Lit by four torches in wall sconces, the Hall tells the history of the Castle Branding - a minor coastal fort that lost most of its military importance, save for a brief series of skirmishes in the war of succession eighty years ago, between House Barca and House Darius - that became Branderscar Prison. Most of the walls are occupied by uninteresting plaques, banners and flags that tell of nobles and deeds relegated to history for so long that none save for the most scholarly of historians remember them.

On the southern wall is a large brocade tapestry that depicts the transformation of Castle Branding into Branderscar Prison, entitled "His Judgement Cometh and that Right Soon".

In the centre of the hall is a spiral staircase leading upwards.

Xanyo
2018-09-15, 05:19 PM
Iywa leans over to Nash and whispers:
"May I light this tapestry on fire, or should I wait until we're leaving?"

Daishain
2018-09-15, 05:22 PM
Luvon looks around with little interest once it is apparent that nothing here is either a threat or a boon. He tries to indicate without speaking that people should head up the stairs slowly, with Nash in front.

redfeline
2018-09-15, 05:33 PM
"Later, on the way out." Tilquin follows Ivan up an arrow loaded in the bow.

edit: stealth roll 25.

oyzar
2018-09-15, 05:36 PM
Nash shakes his head dismissively. "He'll notice" He then sneaks towards the stears, motioning for the others to follow after him. He keeps one hand on the shaft and one on the scabbard of his sword, ready to draw it at moments notice.

Stealth: [roll0]

Daishain
2018-09-15, 05:45 PM
Luvon whispers, "Stay here and watch for trouble." to Grumblejack, then follows, several paces behind his stealthier companions.

Stealth [roll0]
Of course...

DrK
2018-09-15, 11:44 PM
Ivan

Ivan looks at Iwya and grins, "Take the Warden alive, wrap him in that and and set him alight. Cook yourself and pig in a blanket. But wait till we wait aunt wanting to retreat past it?"

As the others begin ascending Ivan also creeps upstairs. A moment to channel his rage first though as he gets ready to brutalise the Warden.

Perception [roll0]
Stealth [roll1]

Move: combat feat: extra talent (Brute sphere)

HPs 10 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5

Brawler flexibility: brute sphere (1 minute)

Niobaran
2018-09-17, 12:54 AM
Cassandra

The clawed woman tags along silently as the group reaches the tower and starts ascending. There was nothing further to be said at this point, and the anticipation to meet (and hopefully kill) the warden of this place was taking most of her attention. After all, Branderscar is a symbol of Mitran and Darian rulership, and taking it down would harm the oh-so-brave.

Stealth: 22

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-17, 08:15 AM
The spiral staircase rises upwards into the tower, leading to the second floor (and continuing up, further still) - a vast library spread across the entire floor, shelves and bookcases packed with various books and scrolls - though at a glance, most of them appear to be cheap and poorly printed penny dreadfuls, lurid and bawdy tales of adventure featuring gallant heroes and young maidens - though there are clearly some scholarly works present, sorted into their own section.

Muffled sounds echo down the staircase from above, the distant sounds of someone speaking.

Daishain
2018-09-17, 08:25 AM
Luvon is excited by the sight of bookshelves, then rather disgusted as he surveys the main contents.

When he sees the scholarly works he starts moving towards them, but the voice from above snaps him back to the task at hand.

The elf stays still, trying to get a sense of what the speaker was doing.

rolled 22 in discord on perception

Niobaran
2018-09-17, 09:34 AM
Cassandra

Hearing someone speak, Cass freezes in place, perking up her ears. A spell? Chatter? Visitors?

23 (rolled on discord)

oyzar
2018-09-17, 09:39 AM
Nash holds up a finger in front of his mout and turns towards the others as a symbol to be silent. Obviously it was necessary with all the noise they've been making. He then waves the others to follow as he sneaks up the stairs.

Perception: 26

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-17, 09:56 AM
The muffled voice above isn't just speaking, they're incanting... something in a strange tongue. It's also coming from the north end of the top floor.

It's Arcane spellcasting.
-

The stairway continues upwards to a second landing, lit by a single torch in a wall sconce. There are two doors - the one on the northern wall bears a plaque that says "Office", while the one on the southern wall's plaque reads "Private: Keep Out!". As you reach the landing, the voice becomes silent.

The stairway continues upwards further still - should anyone climb and look, they will find a heavy wooden hatch to the roof, bolted shut and sealed against the elements.

DrK
2018-09-17, 10:29 AM
Ivan

Ignoring the books Ivan follows Nash up the stairs trying to work out which door the noise was coming from and trying to move as quietly as possible. He didn't like wizards, magic or any of that nonsense. He'd be much happier hands wrapped around the wizard's throat and silencing him the hard way.

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

HPs 10 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5

redfeline
2018-09-17, 10:56 AM
perception [roll0]

Tilquin stops and listens same as the others

redfeline
2018-09-17, 11:26 AM
OOC: Sorry I forgot I had spellcraft to roll. [roll0] + [roll1] = 31 inspiration is free for trained spellcraft

Tilquin takes a moment to listen to and discipher the words. Tilquin shares any information she learns with the party.

oyzar
2018-09-17, 12:27 PM
Nash points towards the northern door, makes a motion as if drawing a bow, pointing towards Tilquin, Luvon and Iywa, telling them to ready to attack the moment the door opens. Then he silently moves over, swinging the door open while staying of to the side, keeping his back flat against the wall to avoid anything flying out from inside.

If the ranged attackers ready attacks upon seeing, hearing or otherwise noticing someone inside doing something, we might be able to attack the wizard right of the bat or perhaps interrupt some spellcasting. Even if he's invisible a bomb has a high likelihood of disrupting his casting. For himself Nash thinks to hide of to the side of the door to benefit from full cover. I suggest Ivan or Cass does the same on the other side.

Xanyo
2018-09-17, 04:48 PM
Iywa ignores Nash's (confusing) gestures, stepping straight up to the door, bracing herself, and heaving it open.
[roll0]

Daishain
2018-09-17, 05:59 PM
A little alarmed by Iywa's abrupt action, Luvon brings his bow up, stepping from side to side, he sweeps the room beyond the door as best he can, firing at the first viable target he sees, whether that is the Warden, his familiar, or something summoned by the former.

If multiple targets seen, target priority is in the order mentioned
Rolled a 10 for initiative in discord
[roll0]
[roll1]

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-17, 06:41 PM
Iywa shoves the door open to reveal a tastefully decorated office that uses hard wood to good effect. Dominated by a massive - yet still finely made - oak desk against the opposite wall, accompanied by a plush upholstered seat fit for the nobility.

Surprise Round!

As the door opens, an elderly man dressed in fine blue robes and a black eye-patch (bearing a Mitran star icon) over one eye steps out from the corner of the room, launching into the practised motions and incantations of a spellcasting as soon as he spots who's on the other side of the door - the decisively un-guard-like Iywa. As he finishes his spell, she soon feels a compulsion to laugh at the entire situation fall over her and drops to her hands and knees, laughing gleefully like someone truly mad.

(Iywa's will save: d20-1 = 9-1 = 8. It was not enough. She is hit by Hideous Laughter (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/hideous-laughter/).)

https://image.ibb.co/dDDCez/1_mathiasrichter.png

Round 1

https://image.ibb.co/nkL3me/image.png
(Initiative Track:
24.08 Iywa
23.03 Tilquin
18.03 Cassandra
13.04 Warden Richter
12.02 Ivan
10.06 Luvon
8.04 Nash

Tilquin and Cass are up, Iywa gets another chance to save.)

Xanyo
2018-09-17, 06:50 PM
Iywa rolls onto her side shrieking with laughter. The warden had gotten lucky, folding a fairly crass joke into his spell. Of course, it didn't help the ifrit that she had subconsciously added a bit of burning to it.

[roll0] EDIT: ruled that I don't get the conditional bonus, total: 13

redfeline
2018-09-17, 09:32 PM
Tilquin rushes into the room and lets a pair of arrows fly at the mage. The first shot flys with deadly accuracy at the mage, her careful aim holding true. The second shot shatters on the wall.

@redfeline: 1d20+5 = (20)+5 = 25 threat @redfeline: 1d20+5 = (10)+5 = 15 confirm

1d10 = (8) = 8 3d6 = (6+2+3) = 11 total 19 damage

swift action shot 1d20 = (5) = 5

Initiative: 23.3
AC: 17 FAC: 13
Actions:
Standard: spend martial focus to snipe mage.
Move: travel into the room
Free: reload
swift: attack missed

Niobaran
2018-09-18, 02:10 AM
Cassandra

Prior to combat

Nodding at Nash's rather clear gestures, Cass positions herself next to the door, getting ready, and then Iywa just opens the door. She has no time to roll her eyes though...

Round 1

Seeing Iywa fall victim to the spell, Cass moves forward without seeing her target at first.

When she notices the white hair, the eye patch and the Mitran symbol, she feels the shadows grow inside her, and cladding her claws into matte darkness.

This man was old enough to have been around during the purge, and by the looks of it, he may well have taken part in it. Today, he would suffer.

Without further thought, she approaches him, like a prowling cat, and slashes for his stomach.

Round 1: Move / Smite Good (Swift) / Attack
She moves to the square west of him. This should be possible with 6squares movement and without leaving any of his threatened squares.

Enabling smite good for +5 attack and +1 damage.
Using power attack for -1 attack and +2 damage.

[roll0] for [roll1].

In case of nat 20 (att roll 28):

[roll2] for [roll3].

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-18, 07:12 AM
The old warden looked rather shocked as Tilquin's arrow flew true and punched through his chest, into his lung. Wheezing, unable to catch his breath, he was easy prey for Cassandra as she bounded into the room, her claw slicing through his gut and all but disembowelling him. Trying to mutter words that would not come, he sunk down onto his knees and then, with a thud, dropped forwards, onto the stone floor, his robes quickly soaking with blood beneath his lifeless form.

(The Warden is all but dead. Combat is over.)

Daishain
2018-09-18, 07:40 AM
Luvon smirks as the warden falls, "He put up even less of a fight than I thought he would. Don't worry about Miss fire hair, she'll be fine in a few moments, well mostly. Give me a few minutes, the Warden should have some interesting things in here."

Luvon scans the room with detect magic. He quickly pulls out and organized anything with a Magic aura. Then he looks for books, notes, maps, alchemical supplies, and anything else that will be of use.

21 perception

Niobaran
2018-09-18, 08:08 AM
Cassandra

For a moment, Cass just stands next to the corpse covered in its blood; reminiscing the short moment of satisfaction that her claws piercing him had been the last thing he would have felt in this world. She silently kneels beside the lifeless wizard. Her lips form a nigh inaudible:
"Thank you, Dark Prince, for guiding my hand in my quest for revenge. His death was swift, but the suffering it brings will last."

Apparently, defeating the warden was and is an important and emotional moment for her.

After a moment of silent prayer, and if no one interferes, Cass puts her knee on the wardens upper back, grabs the white hair with her left, pulls the warden's head slightly upwards, and runs her right hand claws first through the back of his neck. She removes the eye patch and takes it.

She then calmly rises to go to the other room on the opposite side of the floor to quickly search it, and scan it for any magic oddities. While humming a low and simple melody, the blood slowly vanishes from her skin and clothes.

I was not quite sure if he was actually, you know, dead or "only" dying.
Perception: 7

Edit:
She uses her prestidigitation to slowly clean herself.
She also uses detect magic to see if there is something magic in the other room.

DrK
2018-09-18, 08:57 AM
Ivan

Leaping in after the others Ivan slows to a walk as Cassandra disembowels the warden. Aside from wandering across to stare at his dying body Ivan lurks in the corner as the others begin to tear the room apart. Glancing at the bare walls and the surrounds he does mutter to the others - "We've been going for a while, that game ain't going to last forever and I'd like to see myself clear of this castle well before dawn before folks start getting suspicious."

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

HPs 10 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5

oyzar
2018-09-18, 09:31 AM
" Grumblejack come on up" Nash half-yells down the stairs before he walks over to the fallen Wizard and Cass and waits silently while she prays. Once she stands up he stops her with a hand on her shoulder, looking into her eyes, his piercing ice blue eyes finding hers. "Well done Cassandra. May we continue to triumph in the name of the dark prince. With his continued guidance we will succeed." He holds forth the unholy symbol. "Those who follow the prince of darkness have been hunted, imprisoned and threatened with execution. But no more. We will have our revenge. It starters here today. But this is only the beginning. By the power of Asmodeus, it will be done."

A wave of unholy power washes out over the assembled group, clearing up their tiredness and pains from imprisonment and the fights after. It also wrecks the fallen warden, causing his boody to jump and spurt blood out unnaturally.

healing: [roll0]

Afterwards Nash bends down to search the warden and then he checks out the desk. "We should search throughly, this is the most likely place to have magic items. That's more likely to aid our escape rather than saving 5 extra minutes."

Once Iywa recovers he looks at her disapprovingly. "That wasn't very smart. If you had followed my plan he might not have been able to cast that at all. Try to follow what we're planning in the future and things will go more like with the previous encounters rather than this mess. What if it had been a killing spell he had hit you with?"

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-18, 09:52 AM
Grumblejack half-hurries, half-squeezes up the spiral staircase, an eager hungry look on his face that soon changes to disappointment when he realises there is nobody to smash up here. He does, however, look slightly more at ease after the healing energy washes over him.

In addition to several waning spells still present upon the slain Warden, Luvon's detection spell - combined with a thorough search - turns up four scrolls full of arcane runes in the Draconic script (Spell scrolls), a stoppered vial of a familiar blue liquid (Potion of Cure Light Wounds) and a ovaloid translucent crystal the size of a child's fist, a flickering flame sealed inside its core, casting light like a torch (Ioun Torch). In additional to his magical equipment, the Warden also had a golden ring set with a diamond upon one of his fingers, his class ring from the wizard's college (Worth 250gp) and a pouch of spell components on his belt.

On the Warden's desk, in addition to drawers full of spare paper, quills and pots of ink, is a neatly folded map of the area surrounding Branderscar Prison and Varyston - which has the quickest route through the moors charted on it, along with the Old Moor Road. Another drawer holds another two pouches filled with various spell components, the Warden's spares. One of the desk drawers is also locked and several runes are scraped into the wood near the handle - runes that glint with a faint Evocation aura under Luvon's spell-enhanced vision.

-

The other room off the landing turns out to be the Warden's private chamber, complete with a fine four-poster bed, full length mirror and an oaken wardrobe. The wardrobe has several finely crafted outfits - mostly blue robes - inside, suitable for wear at court, along with a pair of reinforced travel robes (which function as Silken Ceremonial Robes (http://aonprd.com/EquipmentArmorDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Silken%20cerem onial)).

Shoved against one wall of his chamber is a newly added sturdy oak chest filled with untouched alchemical supplies. (Easily enough to make up a pair of Alchemy Crafting Kits (http://www.aonprd.com/EquipmentMiscDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Alchemy%20craft ing%20kit).)

Daishain
Luvon grimaces, but he keeps his thoughts to himself. Great, in order to escape one group of religious fanatics, he was going to have to rely on another. Devil worshippers tended to assume ownership far too easily. It would not be easy, convincing those two in particular to go anywhere other than that Manor.

redfeline
Turning to Nash, "This mess? His body was on the ground in less than 6 seconds and no listened to your plan. This isn't the time to chastise however, lets speed our search and our escape. Criticism is a luxury spent only in safety. If I can find alchemy supplies I can poison the dogs and ease our escape. However that is later, our next problem is the pair of guards on the walls, then the gate house, lastly the dogs."

At that Tilquin starts to search for any promising items.

[roll0] perception

Tilquin starts to work sorting the alchemy supplies into any sort of bag she can find. "We used to take slaves by putting them to sleep. I think all the items I need for that to work are here. Of coarse thus far we've been far to efficient at killing for that to matter."

Daishain
2018-09-18, 10:18 AM
Luvon identifies what he can for the others before turning back to the desk drawer, "An evocation Ward has been placed on this, do any of you have skill in removing such? If not I can summon something to open it and bear the brunt of whatever it will do."

redfeline
2018-09-18, 10:24 AM
Tilquin pauses what she was doing and then unceremoniously dumps more than enough supplies into a pouch. She would at least have what she needs. She moves over to the spell caster. "I got some practice with magic traps."

[roll0] disable device.

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-18, 10:30 AM
Tilquin easily disarms Warden Richter's trap, scratching away the runes that hold his magic. The drawer remains locked, however.

Xanyo
2018-09-18, 11:01 AM
Iywa is still giggling when Nash scolds her for disregarding his plan. She grins and waves a hand dismissively as she responds.

"It was clear he was, heh, ready for us. I ensured, ha, that his spell was, ha, wasted. If I had hung back, ha, he might have gotten one of you, heh, with his spell. Though I loathe it to no end," her face looks funny as she tries to express annoyance while still displaying mirth, "Ha, you lot have so far been much faster, heh, killers than myself. Heh. Y'all were making a mountain, heh, of his molehill, heheh, anyway. I can take it. Quit worrying about me getting myself hurt, and worry more, haha, about those who've actually gotten injured."

She giggles, then dashes into the room, located and flopping into the warden's chair, snickering periodically.

oyzar
2018-09-18, 11:07 AM
Nash nods to Tilquin. "You're right. You did very well Tilquin. He did not live long enough to get to try a second spell. It wasn't a crippling or killing spell, so no permanent harm done. But if you and Luvon had been able to fire your bows the moment the door flew open then he might not even have gotten a single spell off. I'm sure our firecracker here could also have readied to throw a fire bolt at the Wizard before he got anything off."

Xanyo
2018-09-18, 11:24 AM
From across the room, Iywa snorts at the comment.

"An arrow in the lung didn't stop him! Why would my fire bother him? I'm not hot enough yet."

Daishain
2018-09-18, 11:49 AM
Luvon shakes his head at the strange self pity. So far the ifrit had been more liability than asset, but she certainly had power enough to be useful. Perhaps if she could be motivated... "You are unused to working in a team I gather. I just watched you burn a man to cinders, you are plenty hot enough."

"That lone arrow might not have stopped him, but it left him vulnerable to the next strike. Even if an opponent is strong enough to shrug through the pain of your attacks, they will still weaken as a result."

"If you want to be an asset to this effort, next time have a little patience and add your flames to what the rest are doing rather than rushing in. You are no good to anyone dead."

redfeline
2018-09-18, 12:40 PM
"I am not arguing, we need to escape then I shall share my opinions with every one." Tilquin continues picking the lock.

[roll0]

redfeline
2018-09-18, 12:48 PM
inspiration to not jam the lock [roll0] edit new total is 14 on disable device
I have been informed this was not a correct fear.

oyzar
2018-09-18, 12:54 PM
"Just keep trying on the lock Tilquin, you'll get it eventually. I'll bless you with the guidance from Asmodeus to make it more likely to find the correct combination. Meanwhile I'll search the study. Someone else can comb this place to make sure there's nothing hidden away and that we uncover any hidden compartments." Nash bestows his magic on Tilquin before vacating the room to search the study throughly.

You can't jam a lock accidentally in pathfinder. Also just keep trying until you got it. Use my guidance spell.

Nash casts guidance on Tilquin then moves to the other room and takes 20 on perception for 29

DrK
2018-09-18, 01:04 PM
Ivan

Ivan standing in the shadows looks at the others slyly as the arguments start a little. Staying out of the trouble he wanders over to Iwya. "Lots of books here eh? Wonder if that'll burn eh? One sure fire way of getting guards away from the gates and the walls."

Seed planted he stands at the top of the stairs with Grumblejack. "You want a leg or arm? He's still pretty fresh?"

HPs 12 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5

Brawler : 1/4 used

Xanyo
2018-09-18, 01:48 PM
Ivan's comment puts quite the smile on Iywa's face.

redfeline
2018-09-18, 01:51 PM
Tilquin swaps a few tools and tries again. "This may take a few minutes"

To save real time here are a few rolls.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

edit: if the 22 didn't do it, I will take 20 if time permits. (If I am not mistake lock picking is a full round so 6 seconds. So taking 20 would be 2 minutes. That feels wrong.)

oyzar
2018-09-18, 01:53 PM
"Burning useless books or texts praising Mitra is all fine and dandy, but some of those books could be useful or valuable. Could someone please go downstairs to search the library while I search the study and we otherwise deal with things up here? We're seven people, we should be able to split up to do four things at the same time." Nash responds to Ivan from in the study. He's carefully combing every part of the room, checking for hidden compartments or stoves away valuables. The ninja works with practiced effeciency, quickly moving about without missing anything.

DrK
2018-09-18, 02:13 PM
Ivan

Ivan looks back at the strange fanged tiefling. "Looting is good, normally I'm all for it but we are still in the walls. You can feel free to carry books and search every nook and cranny of this place, I'm going to wait down there, if this takes too long I'll be heading to the gatehouse "

He looks at Iywa, the others and Grumblejack, " You reading these or wanting to escape?" Waiting to see if anyone else follows he heads downstairs to stand b the door. Glancing outside to see if he can any guards near the torches or gates.

Perception [roll0]

He'll wait a few mins before moving out. But the not long time it will take to appraise and search the library and all the rooms. Nor will he feel the need to carry heavy books

HPs 12 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5

oyzar
2018-09-18, 02:50 PM
"It'll take time for Tilquin to open the lock regardless. We're just searching while we have to wait regardless. Are you really saying you think it's better to leave without getting what's locked in there? Splitting up sure isn't a good idea. We stand a much better chance of survival if we fight together. If you help her instead of just going down to look out things might go faster." Nash replies to strong man as he moves towards the stairs to get out.
Note it takes 1 minute to search the rooms, 2 minutes to open the lock. If we're leaving without opening that it most likely means Luvon won't get a spellbook any time soon. It might be metagaming to wait around, but it isn't very fun to play without access yo your primary class feature either.

EDIT: If Ivan waits for the drawer to be unlocked, that's 2 minutes. Nash can search both rooms in that same timeframe. Meanwhile Luvon and Cassandra can search as far as they get with the books. I don't know how far 2 minutes will get them. Then we can all leave? Though it still remains the question of how we're distributing loot...

redfeline
2018-09-18, 04:13 PM
"I don't know, a flaming wardens tower would be a big distraction to who ever is left guarding us. That said the bickering really isn't making this lock any easier to pick. You want to help me here Nash?"

Daishain
2018-09-18, 05:24 PM
Luvon pokes his head out of the bedroom, still in the midst of putting on the reinforced travel robes found within, "What was that about burning books? Not at least until I pick the useful ones out of there!"

Still settling the claimed garment about his shoulders, the elf rushes downstairs to peruse the small library.

Rolled appraise 28 and 10, and a Karcana 16

I am assuming of course that no one else wanted the robes in question. If not, let me know and we'll work it out.

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-18, 05:29 PM
The drawer opens to reveal a heavy book with a cover made of fine cerulean leather embossed with gold leaf. The edges are reinforced with brass fittings and strange arcane symbols adorn the cover. In the centre, the draconic rune for "R" is embossed.

https://image.ibb.co/nvteSK/image.png

(Richter’s Tome of Arcane Armament (Level 3 Universalist)
Blank Pages 63
SPELLS
2nd – bull’s strength, flaming sphere, hideous laughter, invisibility
1st – alarm, charm person, expeditious retreat, feather fall, mage armor, magic missile, mount, shield, sleep
0th – all cantrips in the Pathfnder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook)

-

Beyond the schlock junk that is his wide collection of Penny Dreadfuls, Warden Richter's library has a scholarly section that covers a vast array of topics ranging from magical theory to history and even astronomy. In amongst the selection, Luvon manages to find a pair of rare books - "Astra Mysterii", a rare treatise on astrology by a mad monk named Clivarus (Worth 75gp) and a first edition copy of "The Travels of Titus the Mendicant", written by one Artus Vellor, this was published before the author became well known, and is thus valuable to collectors (Worth 120gp).

oyzar
2018-09-18, 05:44 PM
Nash doesn't find anything more from his search, but he does grab the map, the potion and the gold ring while searching. "We probably should grab at least the ioun torch, though I don't need it, I can see in the dark. If no one needs it, we can sell it. Now that we got the spell book, let's hurry out of here. We'll be stronger if we fight all together."

Nash picks up one of the spell components pouches as well, he weights it in hand and sighs. "I won't be able to tumble around in combat as well with so much extra weight. Could one of you carry it for me? Cassandra? I'll just take this for now." He picks out the tiniest vial possible with a drop of something redish swirling inside.

Once all are down he'll say to everyone. "We should figure out what to do next. I think maybe all the guards are gathered up playing cards. I reckon that's pretty close to where the dogs are. We should probably deal with the dogs first. Sneaking as a group didn't work out too well earlier. But that doesn't mean one person can't sneak up on them. If I bring dog treats doused in sleeping draught I might be able to throw them in to the dogs without anyone being the wiser. If that works it should be a whole lot easier to deal with the dogs silently. If we don't deal with the dogs, they'll use them to track us. In case something goes wrong and there's a fight you guys should be nearby. Perhaps hiding around the corner of the fort? Though I guess we'll first have to scout that out to check that it's safe. Thoughts? Suggestions?"

Daishain
2018-09-18, 05:47 PM
Luvon quickly peruses the bookshelves, pulling out several tomes before deciding on two worth keeping, "Either of these can be sold for a good deal of money, and could have interesting information besides."

The elf rushes back upstairs upon hearing that the desk drawer had been opened. Quickly using prestidigitation to clean off his hands, he gently lifts the spellbook and flips through the pages. With a wide smile, he says, "This will do very nicely."

"Ivan over there can likely use the Ioun Stone, he doesn't seem to be blessed with good night eyes."

Gathering up the books, and any other interesting documents, Luvon binds them with a stolen belt if he cannot find an appropriate container to carry them in. Either way, he pops back across the hall and gathers up the alchemical supplies not claimed by the poisoner.

"Now then, I'm ready to go, shall we? The gatehouse is next I think, first those atop it, and then we interrupt the Seargent's game I would think."

DrK
2018-09-18, 10:35 PM
Ivan

As the others troop downstairs Ivan looks at the Ioun torch and nods. "Aye, a useful thing to have a floating light!" Glancing back out into the courtyard he nods to the distant walls and gatehouse. "We must have killed everyone here who ain't at the game. Why don't we just storm the gatehouse, cut off their heads and can walk free after that?"

redfeline
2018-09-18, 10:46 PM
"While not the most elegant plan, cutting off the heads of the last few leaves no one to release the hounds. So perhaps not a bad plan." She shrugs "We should avoid the dogs, I have not heard them bark yet, but they were very loud when I first got here. If we approach them now, they will likely bark and that puts an end to our surprise, which to be honest is the only reason we have done so well.

oyzar
2018-09-18, 11:59 PM
Nash shakes his head slowly. "I don't think we can avoid the dogs. They are right on top of the gate. If we all try to sneak by it's sure to cause a ruckus. In worst case they could even get out and attack. I guess we'll see when we get to the corner of the fort, but I seriously doubt there's a way in to the gate house without passing cost by the dogs. Having me sneak over to drop in the doused treats could save in a massive headache. My training can let me sneak past even the strong noses of the dogs. Storming the gatehouse could also work, but we're unlikely to have the element of surprise and they could even bar the door as well as the gate itself if we're unlucky about them noticing."

Niobaran
2018-09-19, 05:47 AM
Cassandra

(...) he walks over to the fallen Wizard and Cass and waits silently while she prays. Once she stands up he stops her with a hand on her shoulder, looking into her eyes, his piercing ice blue eyes finding hers. "Well done Cassandra. May we continue to triumph in the name of the dark prince. With his continued guidance we will succeed." He holds forth the unholy symbol. "Those who follow the prince of darkness have been hunted, imprisoned and threatened with execution. But no more. We will have our revenge. It starters here today. But this is only the beginning. By the power of Asmodeus, it will be done."

A wave of unholy power washes out over the assembled group, clearing up their tiredness and pains from imprisonment and the fights after. It also wrecks the fallen warden, causing his boody to jump and spurt blood out unnaturally.

Being taken away by her emotions for a moment, Cass notices Nash only when his hand already touches her shoulder. A deep growl evades her throat as she spins around to face him, her right, still bloody and gory hand aiming to attack him. As their eyes meet however, she disrupts her movement, giving him the benefit of the doubt to first speak. Her lowly spoken answer sounds both serious and somewhat cryptic:
"So I have sworn on the blood running through my veins. The reavers shall be the bereaved."

When he demonstrates his Asmodean-given power, she grins widely and breathes deeply, as if smelling the air on a nice morning. As he finishes his little talk, she supports:

"So be it. Our escape will not only save our own hides, but will weaken their structure of power. I say, down with Markadian."

Then, as if she thinks now everything important has been said, she silently supports the others in some useful way.

I honestly lost track of how exactly she would support which search, but it doesn't matter too much at this point, I think.

Nash picks up one of the spell components pouches as well, he weights it in hand and sighs. "I won't be able to tumble around in combat as well with so much extra weight. Could one of you carry it for me? Cassandra? I'll just take this for now." He picks out the tiniest vial possible with a drop of something redish swirling inside.

"I will take one of these, regardless. However, if you require components, and you believe it to be practical, we can surely share."

Now, to get back to the current situation.

Cass listens to what the others say regarding their next steps.
"In my opinions, drugging the dogs is a good first step. If Nash can do it without them smelling him, the better. Next thing is to get into the gatehouse. If they're able to bar the doors from the inside, we might get a problem. Maybe another round of trickery could help. What if one of us put on one of those tabards and stumble into or towards the gatehouse drunk. We even have the list of those who wanted to play tonight. If the door is locked, just say the name of one who is not on the list. Like come on, I need the money, you know it.. After all, who doesn't, right? And once the door opens, hold it open, and we get in there, and slit their throats. If someone behaves drunk in the yard, but the dogs are silent, they could see this as a clear sign that the dogs know the drunkard."

Xanyo
2018-09-19, 08:39 AM
Iywa huffs a sigh, laying limply on the chair and staring at the ceiling.

"More trickery? Bo-o-oring," she flops her head over to face the others, "What's with you people and trickery anyways? The first trio, sure, it helped us get started. The duo after? We could've just rushed 'em. Then done the same with the ones in the room. And we didn't need trickery for the interrogating. Why d'ya want to do more tricks? Doesn't it get to feel a bit lame?"

She eyes some of the more flammable items and furnishings.

redfeline
2018-09-19, 09:45 AM
Tilquin looks at Iywa, she seemed on edge. "Well before we go I'd like to destroy the gawdy tapestry. It is too tasteless to survive the escape." Tilquin sees no reason to provide her true motive in destroying art, any piece of art.

She turns to Nash "How much of this knock out drug do you have, and how many treats? I can wip up an effective toxin to put them under but with these materials it will be short lived, remaining potent for only a handful of moments. So I would need to travel with you, I am no stranger to sneaking but I would need to remain downwind from the dogs."

edit:

If I am understanding the alchemy sphere correctly an ingested poison lasts up to 24 hours. So Tilquin can spend a few minutes making enough for all the dogs, that said I misread something else in the toxin tree and it seems the dogs need to eat 3 doses to pass out, 1 for fatigued, 2 exhausted, 3 asleep. Effect lasts 1 minute.

Daishain
2018-09-19, 10:32 AM
Luvon answers, "It is only enough for three doses, but should keep them down more than long enough. Only, I dont think we know for sure how many dogs are present."

"As to your question young one, they still have enough numbers to pose a threat to us, given a chance to organize and use the terrain they know against us. We don't need to stay quiet for much longer though. I think that their last chance to pose a problem will disappear if we get up on top of that gatehouse before they realize."

"So by all means, let us deal with the dogs and then head up. We can deal with those up top, and then drop in on the card game. After that, there will be just the two at the outer gate to finish off."

oyzar
2018-09-19, 02:36 PM
Nash turns to Iywa with a questioning look before he jumps into reciting with great passion. "Trickery? We do what we can to survive and emerge victorious. If you want to burn things, you got to be alive to do it. Asmodeus teaches us that you can use flame or hellfire to burn those weaker than us. But in order to get into that position of strength, trickery is often useful. If we catch them unaware, we're the ones who are stronger, but it won't be as easy to burn them if we let them discover us so they can barricade behind their walls."

"Seems like most of us are in favor. That's good, let's do this. Sure, prepare poison Tilquin. More harmful substances makes this more likely to work." Nash waits for them to prepare the treats then takes them before they sneak out. "I'll scout ahead to the corner of the castle. Assuming all is clear I'll come back here to tell you to come. If you wait there, it'll be much easier to jump into action if something goes awry and the dogs or the guards notice something. May Asmodeus guide my path."

Nash does as he has said, scouting to the edge of the castle and coming back to bring the rest if he doesn't find anything unusual.

stealth [roll0] perception w/ki: [roll1]

If everything goes according to plan he continues to the dogs to plant the treats.

stealth w/guidance [roll2] perception: [roll3]

DrK
2018-09-19, 03:01 PM
Ivan

THe wait is short as soon everyone else reaches the base of the tower and Ivan nods, smirking slightly at the collection of books they are carrying. not exactly practical in an escape them.... he thinks to himself. As Luvon, Tilquin and Nash discuss options he shrugs and is happy to let the more domineering tiefling take the risks. Creeping after Nash (assuming he reaches the corner) he stalks across the grass waiting to run to the guard house and crush whomever he finds in there.

Perception [roll0]
Stealth [roll1]

HPs 12 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-19, 04:41 PM
The path around to the front of the prison is quiet - no sign of the guards - just a simple stone path and poorly maintained lawn. The gatehouse can be seen from afar, a fire that can be seen for miles around burning atop it, a flickering light in the dark night sky.

Leaving everyone else at the corner of the main building, Nash dashes across the main lawn and past a small fountain - the centrepiece of which is a statue of a Mitran warrior monk, a sword in hand pointed towards the main entrance to the prison. The base of the fountain has a plaque, but Nash spares no time to read it, too focused upon his mission.

The kennel is nestled against the eastern side of the Gatehouse, a rickety wooden structure with a roof and low walls - complete with a gap between the two - that was clearly built later than the rest of the fortress-turned-prison. As Nash ducks against the side of the kennel, keeping out of view of whoever's on the top of the gatehouse, he leans too close to one of the wooden boards that formed the Kennel's walls, a quiet creak causing one of the three dogs inside the kennel's ears to perk up, a low growl forming in the canine's throat as it raised its head, sniffing the air.

(Act quickly, Nash!)

oyzar
2018-09-19, 04:46 PM
Nash feels his heart pounding in his chest and he winces when the loud creek comes. How could I do that. Such a rookie mistake. I'll have to get better. He quickly gets out the treats and throw them in to the dogs. He whispers to them, trying to imitate the same guard as previously. "Here you go, some treats for you."

bluff trying to imitate the guard: [roll0]

ChrisAsmadi
2018-09-19, 04:49 PM
The trio of dogs inside the kennel quickly chow down on the treats, soon forgetting the odd creaking noise, and then promptly curl up together in a warm corner of the kennel, dozing off for a drug assisted sleep.

redfeline
2018-09-19, 04:53 PM
Tilquin quickly takes each dog treats and coats it in a few dangerous substances, each treat taking about 6 seconds. After she hands them off she takes a long sword and drags it deeply across the first floor tapestry. She considers taking the cut portion up to the warden draping it into his blood but decided against it. It would simply take too long.

edit: Sorry I forgot to say the dc is 15 fort save. Fatigued on first fail exhaust and next sleep on third.

oyzar
2018-09-19, 06:00 PM
Once the dogs fell, Nash quickly and quietly made his way in to the pen and slit the throat of all 3. [I] There's no way we're getting anything useful from the dogs, they'll be too much trouble to bring with us and they might wake up from noise we make later. Better to leave them dead.[/b]" His wakizaki worked effeciently, slitting their throats so they wouldn't be able to bark or howl.

Once the grisly deed was done he snuck back, though stopping for a moment to read the plaque before rendezvousing with the others to whisper. "The dogs are out of the picture. Now we just have to find the best way to the guards. Either we try to enter the vest guardhouse or we can climb up through one of the small towers. There's probably nothing of interest in the west gatehouse and it'll just take us closer to the other guards, making it more likely we're discovered. I suggest we try to climb up on the wall through one of these towers first."

Daishain
2018-09-19, 06:58 PM
Luvon remarks dryly, "Oddly enough, like the Warden's tower, the gatehouse does not appear to be reachable from the walls. The door at the bottom would appear to be the only option."

"I suggest taking the way up much as we did the tower, though perhaps this time most of us should stay further behind."

"We are almost done here. Finish off the last of the guards, and it will likely be days at least before anyone even knows we have escaped."

oyzar
2018-09-19, 11:57 PM
"If that's the case, we do have to sneak across the lawn though. There might be guards watching from the top somewhere. That might mean it's better if Grumblejack ways here. Let's go." Nash barely finish whispering before heading towards the gatehouse, waving the others along after him.

stealth: [roll0]

DrK
2018-09-20, 12:10 AM

Ivan nods to Nash as the tiefling returns, "Nice job. No barking now eh?" then looks at the gatehouse with the lights blazing from the roof. "West gatehouse then start exploring, nasty close in work."

He moves with the others, creeping across the courtyard and avoiding any crunching stones on the path until he reaches the door. Waiting until the others are ready he quietly slides it open and peers inside, eyes and ears alert to anything.

Perception [roll0]
Stealth [roll1]

HPs 12 / 12
- Saves 4/4/5

Brawler flexibility used: 1/4
Ki pool: 4/4 remaining