PDA

View Full Version : Celestia's Finest: The Basement Party

Miltonian
2018-09-05, 12:05 AM
The tables are in place, the food is prepared, the patients are in the care of Violet and Angel Wings (with Blank, for once, being quiet and tolerable, thanks to the wonders of VR), and Rose has led her squad right into the lion's den. Or rather, the changeling's hive. They were all shooed out while she set up, but now everything is ready. However Rose has prepared this, the ultimate litmus test has arrived. Will it satisfy the Queen and her horde? Only time will tell.

As for the other members of Harrier Squad, whether they are present or not depends on their own personal preference.

DigoDragon
2018-09-05, 05:20 AM
Once everything is set up, Rose checks to make sure her squad is still there and not... like walking away. Well, if they were Rose wouldn't stop them, but you know.

She has her own issues to deal with at this party, plus ensuring that Chrysalis is happy about the set up and execution of this event. Heh... execution. You know, cause the guillotine thing and the... dead bodies... yeah, this is gonna be an interestingly long night.

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-05, 08:40 AM
For Sniper to willingly attend a party-- correction: willingly attending a changeling party-- had to mean that the world was ending. There wasn't any other explanation for it.

Well, there was: he'd badly messed up and now needed to fix his mistakes. It said something that the world ending was a more face-saving reason behind this shindig. There wasn't any hope for it. He'd have to stallion up and deal with it.

Sniper sighed and tried to hide his unease.

Elbeyon
2018-09-05, 12:57 PM
She moves about checking on this or that before landing nearby Scope. It is good to be back in her original body. The old thing has been missed. It's been a while since her friends and FleshBot have spent a decent amount of time together. The last week has been intense. She can feel the 'rust' build up on her body. The legs need a good stretch now and again.

Love waves to Rose with a smile whenever the ready check hits her.

Miltonian
2018-09-05, 01:13 PM
Happy skips around, humming to herself and getting everything juuuust right. After the last chip is in its place, she turns to Rose and nods. "Ready! Go ahead and call them in!"

DigoDragon
2018-09-05, 01:37 PM
"Ready! Go ahead and call them in!"

"Aye aye." Rose at least tries to sound upbeat about this. She calls in everyone. "Alright, the food and the tables are warm. Time to come on in and enjoy the party."

She takes a step back just in case a stampede happens.

Elbeyon
2018-09-05, 02:04 PM
Love yells, "Hey! People! There is a party in here!" Love laughs. If there is any help needed at the door, she gets up and helps welcome changelings inside.

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-05, 02:32 PM
The others had the noise and greetings handled, and he saw no reason to add to it. Sniper drifted over to the doorway and tried to look cheerful for the impending Changeling hoard.

At the risk of stereotyping, given the state of Pins and Needles room, he didn't expect this to end well.

Miltonian
2018-09-05, 03:47 PM
The changelings pile in, trying to fit through the door all at once. Their eyes are bright, happy, and curious. They ooh and aah appreciatively at all the decorations and food. However, they just seems to stand there, looking in awe.

Chrysalis steps in behind them and smirks. "Well? Go on, it's not just for looking."

Slowly, the begin to spread out.

DigoDragon
2018-09-05, 04:11 PM
Noticing that the changelings may need an ice-breaker, Rose will take the dealer's seat for one of the tables. She isn't a master at this, but after watching enough tables she remembers a few tidbits on running a gamble.

Keep hooves up so they're always seen.
Keep talking and engaging your players.
Always keep your enthusiasm up.

"Alright, I got chips here for roulette. Come on down and try your luck. It's all in good fun, here, some for you and you. Give it a chance, I think you might find yourselves lucky!"

A skill check for gambling, though Rose is defaulting a bit: [roll0]

Roulette: [roll1]

The pockets of the roulette wheel are numbered from 0 to 36.
In number ranges from 1 to 10 and 19 to 28, odd numbers are red and even are black. In ranges from 11 to 18 and 29 to 36, odd numbers are black and even are red.

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-05, 07:06 PM
Yeah. No. He wasn't going anywhere near the gambling side of things. That was a recipe for distaster. Well... speaking of recipes.... Sniper falls back toward the food tables.

"I heard there was interest in nachos. We have nachos!"

There was no one to blame but himself for being reduced to this.

Elbeyon
2018-09-05, 07:32 PM
Love hits a mental switch and warms up the room with some party music. The music starts off easy-going, but it'll warm up to the average as time goes on. She doesn't want any changelings freaking out over her dope beats. Her hoof taps along as the changelings pour into the room.

She introduces herself as Love to anyone that takes an interest in her and points them in a direction toward the first thing that seems to interest them. An auspicious eye keeps a look out for twins.

Love pops up around Chrysalis. "Hello, Queen Chrysalis. We meet again in person for the second time. It's nice to relax after such a long day. Anything catching your eye?"

Miltonian
2018-09-05, 08:28 PM
Rose gathers a crowd of changelings who bet with whatever they have on them. Truth be told, it's not much. For the Wasteland it's not bad, but the rusty old coins they toss around would never pass in Equestria.

I have no idea how roulette works and my brain is warm mush right now, so I can't make heads or tails of the explanation. I'm sure it's great, but I see random words stuck together.

But for the heck of it! [roll0]

More changelings eagerly crowd around Sniper and he soon finds himself reduced to explaining how to eat nachos to a bunch of eager bug-ponies.

Of course Pins and Needles are here. Love spots them at the back of the crowd around the roulette table, impatiently waiting their turn. But she went and bothered Chrysalis and now the Queen deserves her full, undivided attention. She smiles down at Love, showing off all her teeth. "Yes, something is catching my eye. Something small, weak, and delectable. Also named after my favorite food."

DigoDragon
2018-09-05, 08:42 PM
Rose's player isn't well versed in Roulette either, but rose isn't too bothered as long as she can get the RNG to play nice. And on the subject of playing nice, Rose does what she can to keep the game civil and more for fun than for actually betting anything.

Gaming roll: [roll0]

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-05, 09:10 PM
"It's fairly simple. You scrape up whatever toppings you want with the corn chip and then eat it. The sky's the limit after that." Sniper explains. He could already feel food service monotony creeping into his soul.

Tempting as it was to spin off a new persona for this situation, he refrains. Shoveling the work off to a different part of his psyche wouldn't be proper penance.

"No. There's no secret to it. You just dip and go."

Elbeyon
2018-09-06, 02:25 AM
Love looks up at bugbutt's big toothy smile. Don't say it. Don't say it. "Nachos?" Love asks. Play it straight. She smiles a big old soft smile. "You have a very fine smile and teeth. I enjoy an exceptional smile." That was the truth. "Rose said you wanted a party, and I'm here to give you the best party experience! We can talk, listen to music, dance, eat nachos, gamble or whatever we want to do."

Miltonian
2018-09-06, 09:27 AM
The changelings remain engaged and excited. When some get bored, others press forward. Soon, Pins and Needles press their way forward, big grins on their faces. “Hello!” Pins says, “Hi!”

Sniper is having good luck with the changelings. They scoop, they dip, they eat, and they enjoy. Nachos are universally voted a huge success.

Chrysalis chuckles. “Nachos? Ha, ha, no.” She steps close, a sultry look in her eye. “Don’t play coy now,” she purrs. Then, she steps away with a sigh. “You know what? Just...forget it.”

DigoDragon
2018-09-06, 09:42 AM
The changelings remain engaged and excited. When some get bored, others press forward. Soon, Pins and Needles press their way forward, big grins on their faces. “Hello!” Pins says, “Hi!”

"Well hello there! Fancy seeing you two without Love among you. She seems to really be attached to you pair of aces." Rose sets up the table for the next spin and watches what numbers they'll bet on. "How's the wound, healing well I hope?"

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-06, 10:25 AM
"You can thank Happy for the nachos, she's the resident expert cook." Sniper explains for the Changelings. "I'm just the hired help. Minus the hired part. Hey, did you hear about the sad chip and the burrito? The burrito asked the chip if he wanted to taco bout it and the chip said it was nacho business."

Oy vey.

Elbeyon
2018-09-06, 11:15 AM
Love closely watches Chrysalis without stirring, and when Chrysalis sighs Love moves closer to her with a worried expression. She worriedly asks, "Chrysalis, are you alright?" She tries her best to apply some experience she's gained and not rush/force the conversation.

Miltonian
2018-09-06, 11:55 AM
Pins touches his side, which is now covered by clean bandages. Seems the changelings have some medical help of their own down here. "Feeling a bit better," he says, "The Queen has been feeding me extra so I can speed up the process a bit."

"Love is a lovely mare," Needles says. They don't win this time, but they seem to be having fun. And they know their way around the table a bit more than the others.

--

The changelings look at each other, look at Sniper, and slow, but do not stop, their consumption of chips. "You doing alright, dude?" one asks, "You're saying one thing, but you're feeling something different."

--

"No," Chrysalis says flatly, still headed out of the room, "Enjoy the party." Her eyes are set on the door. Her intended destination is clear.

DigoDragon
2018-09-06, 12:19 PM
Pins touches his side, which is now covered by clean bandages. Seems the changelings have some medical help of their own down here. "Feeling a bit better," he says, "The Queen has been feeding me extra so I can speed up the process a bit."

"Love is a lovely mare," Needles says. They don't win this time, but they seem to be having fun. And they know their way around the table a bit more than the others.

"The queen does take good care of her hive. Certainly all this was possible through her ideas," Rose comments as she oversees the game. Another spin of the wheel. She was kinda getting into it, though still not seeing any real strategy on winning. Perhaps a veteran gamer would know better.

Rose wiggles her nose. "Love is pretty I suppose. Quite friendly. Maybe a bit too friendly at times, but she's alright. Just not my cup of coffee. "

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-06, 12:35 PM
Right. Emotion eaters.

"It's nothing. I received some news a while ago that has me preoccupied; I'm trying not to let it affect the mood. And failing apparently." He chuckles to cover the moment. "Don't let it bother you. I want you to have a good time."

A mental directive is written and the offending emotion stuffed in the mental closet. He tries to brighten for the sake of the party.

((OoC: Apparently, Auto Correct thinks Sniper is the Scarlet Pimpernel. To which I say: what?))

Elbeyon
2018-09-06, 01:26 PM
Love hurries her little legs after the mare. She intends to follow her anywhere. She tries to lift her mood with a happy smile, "Well! I'm here to help change that and spend some time with you." She wears her desire to help/spend time with her friend on her hoofcuff. "The party simply wouldn't be the same without you, and I'd enjoy hanging out with you."

Miltonian
2018-09-06, 03:13 PM
Rose’s comments draw approval from all the changelings. Their eyes shine in admiration for Chrysalis. “She is everything we dreamed and more!” one says, “We waited so long and now she has returned!”

“All hail Queen Chrysalis!” another adds.

Pins looks a little sheepish. “We...kinda like the Queen, if you couldn’t tell.” He clears his throat. “And Love too. She’s a good...friend.”

Is that a shimmer around the two of them? It was there for a moment and then gone.

--

Sniper’s explanation mollifies them for a bit. The changelings munch away happily. They gain hardly any nutrition from it, but that doesn’t mean they can’t enjoy the taste. “So what’s your favorite food?” one asks.

--

Chrysalis pauses, more because of the sudden cry of ‘Hail Queen Chrysalis’ that comes from behind them than for Love, but she still stops. “And I’d enjoy draining you dry of every scrap of emotion in that little heart of yours. But sometimes, when we want to show respect for a pony, we don’t do what we want.”

DigoDragon
2018-09-06, 04:01 PM
“All hail Queen Chrysalis!”

Is that a shimmer around the two of them? It was there for a moment and then gone.

Rose joins in on the 'All hail' as a show of her support. There's some sincerity in her voice because deep down she believes in Chrysalis as a good leader. That moment of glimmer gives Rose hope that maybe everything will turn out alright in the end for everyone. Perhaps not today, but some day.

"Did Love tell you about the time she cut out her heart for her marefriend?" Rose asks, spinning a tale for the group she has 'captive'. "Now, she was piloting a robot duplicate of herself, as you can see the real her is a bit banged up, but no one knew that at the time. And she confesses her love for her marefriend at a Wonderbolt party and then takes out a sword and cuts out the bot's heart to present as a gift. It was like... day-um girl! That's the kind of dedication Love has for someone she cares about. Shocked the whole party too. I think a couple of the Wonderbolts might have pee'd themselves. It's amusing in hindsight, but also pretty cool scene."

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-06, 04:32 PM
"I have fairly bland tastes when you get down to it." Sniper explains. "All I need is a salad and I'm set."

The whole issues of cybernetics and calorie counts was a topic he felt like avoiding for the moment.

"It's also hard to mess up a salad. But I know a filly who managed to pull it off. She burned it, if you can imagine that. Charred the whole thing behind recognition. I never felt safe with her in the kitchen after that."

Elbeyon
2018-09-06, 05:23 PM
She isn't afraid of bugbutt. Love keeps walking until she is facing Chrysalis again. She is off to the side so she isn't standing in Chrysalis' way. "That sounds like a little too much. I need my old heart," She chuckles. "I have emotions for you if that's something you'd want." Love sees where this is going. She might as well dive in. She rubs her mane as befits the squad's habit. A person didn't need to be an empath to know Love is nervous. She isn't nervous about what she is saying. She is nervous about Chrysalis' reaction. Still, she speaks from a place of admiration. "I respect you Queen Chrysalis. You have a lot of magical talent." She 'flicks' her own broken horn. "A lot more than most and me." She chuckles. "You care a lot about your family. Your smart and clever. You have very strong, noticeable traits. There is a lot to respect."

Miltonian
2018-09-06, 07:24 PM
Pins and Needles look at each other, a little unnerved by this revelation. "Uh, noooo. She failed to mention that," Needles says, "That's...something else." They look towards the door where she and Chrysalis are, a bit of concern on their faces.

"Sooo do ponies not need hearts?" Pins asks.

----

The changelings chitter, amused. "Why did they put it on the stove?"

----

"Hence why I'm leaving," Chrysalis hisses, "You need your emotions. And I don't trust myself not to take them all right now."

Love's comments about respect strike a chord with her. She regards Love with new eyes, but she remains firm. "And I'd like to keep it that way."

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-06, 07:59 PM
"You'd need an autopsy to tell you whether she put it on the stove or in the stove." Sniper replies. "And a psychological exam to tell why she did either one.

"If you want my guess, she had this idea that anything falling underneath the umbrella of 'cooking' had to actually be cooked." He paused for a moment. "Or maybe she was trying to send me a message, now that I think about it."

DigoDragon
2018-09-06, 08:11 PM
Pins and Needles look at each other, a little unnerved by this revelation. "Uh, noooo. She failed to mention that," Needles says, "That's...something else." They look towards the door where she and Chrysalis are, a bit of concern on their faces.

"Sooo do ponies not need hearts?" Pins asks.

"Haha, oh they certainly do. But Love has a set of robot doubles that she can 'jump into' and remote pilot. They look a lot like the real her. Those robots don't need hearts or anything. She has them with psuedo organs just to pass off as a pony when she's in a robot."

Elbeyon
2018-09-06, 08:38 PM
Realization sparks in Love's eyes. She didn't know. She didn't think. They've never spent any time together. She suggests, "I have it on two good words that my LoveBots don't emotion very well. If you want, I can switch bodies for you." Love tries to consider Chrysalis' plight and reins in the emotions to clear the air for her.

Miltonian
2018-09-06, 11:11 PM
Sniper's story sparks a round of speculation as to the motives behind such a silly act. Then comes a round of their own stories of how they failed at basic tasks most ponies could do, since they were infiltrators. Like how one forgot that, as an earth pony, she shouldn't be able to fly.

--

"Oooooh," Pins and Needles say in unison.

"We just thought she was good with makeup," Needles says, which draws sidelong glances from the other changelings.

--

"No need," Chrysalis says, "You can enjoy the party. I was never one for going to these in my own skin anyway. I'll be in my bedchamber."

DigoDragon
2018-09-07, 05:24 AM
"Oooooh," Pins and Needles say in unison.

"We just thought she was good with makeup," Needles says, which draws sidelong glances from the other changelings.

Rose chuckles as she sets up the next round of roulette. "Nah, I don't think she's ever uses that stuff. I'm the makeup one in the group. I got a little compact of blush and eyeshadow, not that Ill find a good moment to use that out on the job."

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-07, 06:34 AM
"You'd think they'd never before seen a pony in love walk on air." Sniper says in his usual deadpan expression.

"I'm not a social infiltrator so I don't have any stories of that nature to share, that's more Rose's gig. And she's learned not to bring me along when under cover because I'm too straight-laced for it. I wrecked one of her plans once because I couldn't keep a secret.

"So don't share any clandestine birthday present information with me. I won't be responsible for what happens next."

Elbeyon
2018-09-07, 02:18 PM
This isn't going the way Love wanted. She whispers, "I trust you not to take all my emotions." She hesitates and whispers, "You could join the party in a different skin. I like to play roles sometimes myself." That'd mix things up and possible free her from having to put on certain airs. She thinks real hard with her hoofs to her head. She can only offer ideas to get Chrysalis to spend time with her/the party, and she is running out of steam. "Not everyone enjoys parties. I'm available to you should you want to spend some time together. I respect your wishes." Love will give her a proper farewell should Chrysalis leave.

Miltonian
2018-09-07, 07:47 PM
Pins shrugs. "Not like we would know. We never need it to begin with."

Needles grins as he wins this round. "Ha! I'm the best!"

---

That only seems to encourage the changelings. One of them leans in. "So we can just talk to you and learn everything about everything?" she asks with a grin.

---

"Well you shouldn't!" Chrysalis snaps, "You trust me? Are you an idiot? What have I ever done that warrants you to trust me?" She scoffs. "Perhaps you're just soft in the head."

DigoDragon
2018-09-07, 08:00 PM
Pins shrugs. "Not like we would know. We never need it to begin with."

Needles grins as he wins this round. "Ha! I'm the best!"

"Attaboy!" Rose congratulates. "You changelings are so lucky that you don't have to worry about finding clothes that fit. You just poof and you are the latest trend. Though, you could probably make it big in the fashion industry back home. I mean, you can be any size model they need for the runway, right?"

She sets up for the next game and waits for bets. "Alright, place those bets. no crowding, plenty of game left in me for everyone."

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-07, 09:07 PM
"Depends on the topic and whether I'm employing humor or not." Sniper replies. "Such as my past comment when I was attempting to be funny. I have a very dry sense of humor. It so I'm told."

He cycled out a few pans to change out the eaten trays.

"But if you just want to play Twenty Questions, I'll be honest where I can. If it violates trust, confidence or classificatied material, I can't discuss it."

Elbeyon
2018-09-08, 12:37 AM
Last night post! Crossed fingers! :smalleek::smallredface:

Love continues to try to keep the conversation private. "Why shouldn't I?", Love asks. "Every agreement we've made together has been faithfully conducted. You put your confidence in us, and I want to return the favor. You're strong, driven, and meticulous. I trust that control leads to a strong will. I have other reasons." Love finds her confidence. "I consider you my friend, and I trust my friends."

Miltonian
2018-09-08, 10:57 AM
Rose is correct in that regard. Changelings are often used as runway models for more extravagant pieces. However, due to union regulations, businesses have to hire an equal amount of ponies in order to keep them from being completely shut out of the market.

Pins shrugs. "I suppose. Needles and I just transform into massive beasts and wreck stuff, though. Never paid much attention to that side of things."

---

One of the changelings eyes him cannily. "But sometimes, what you don't say is just as revealing. Like this. Does your commander like us?"

---

"Ah, the old pony quirk of 'I've decided we're friends now, so I trust you'." Chrysalis hisses under her breath. "I have news for you, pony. I have no friends."

DigoDragon
2018-09-08, 11:15 AM
Rose is correct in that regard. Changelings are often used as runway models for more extravagant pieces. However, due to union regulations, businesses have to hire an equal amount of ponies in order to keep them from being completely shut out of the market.

Pins shrugs. "I suppose. Needles and I just transform into massive beasts and wreck stuff, though. Never paid much attention to that side of things."

Rose's player misread that as unicorn regulations, but Rose got it on the first try. Her player shouldn't skimp on the coffee.

"Massive beasts, huh? Maybe you should join a construction union and get paid to demolish old buildings back home," Rose suggests with a cheerful smile. She continues the table work, but is feeling a bit worn down. "Heh, but you do you. Sounds like you have important jobs already. Alright last bets and then this dealer needs a 15-minute 'union break'."

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-08, 02:02 PM
"If Commander Wildcat doesn't like me with my sparkling personality." Sniper replies without missing a beat. "You don't have a ghost of a chance with him."

So he was recycling Pins' material. Sue him.

Elbeyon
2018-09-08, 02:05 PM
Love habitually goes all in again. Chrysalis doesn't seem to dent Love's commitment. "Considering you my friend isn't something I simply decided. I developed feelings and started caring, in a personal sense, about you. That feels like friendship to me. I want to be friends with you." She hesitates to speak for others so she goes vague. "There are ponies that care about you."

Miltonian
2018-09-08, 05:45 PM
The last game goes well and, as Rose steps away, the changelings head over to Star's table with the cards. The mention of working in Equestria did not go over too well. The changelings all shied away from it.

--

"Heh. Alright, next question, what is--"

A changeling taps the first on the shoulder. "Let him ask a question too. It's only fair."

--

Chrysalis glowers. "I do not need your sentimental load of ponyfeathers," she growls, "Tell me, do you ever shut up?"

DigoDragon
2018-09-08, 05:50 PM
The last game goes well and, as Rose steps away, the changelings head over to Star's table with the cards. The mention of working in Equestria did not go over too well. The changelings all shied away from it.

Excellent, if I need to scare them I'll talk about Equestrian unions. Rose heads over to the food and grabs some different things to eat. She's pretty hungry.

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-08, 08:07 PM
"Heh. Well, my question is for your Queen. So you'll have to excuse me so I can ask it.."

Provided that Sniper can shake loose off the bugs, he'll make his way over to Love and Chrysalis. Two annoyances for the price of one. What could possibly beat that?

What in Equestria did Rose see in these Changelings?

Elbeyon
2018-09-08, 08:08 PM
"I only want to make your night better." She thinks for a moment and honestly answers another one of Queen Chrysalis' questions. "I usual go quiet when people say that's what they want."

DigoDragon
2018-09-08, 08:32 PM
Rose waves to Sniper passing by. "Hey, having fun? Or... tolerating it?"

Miltonian
2018-09-09, 12:20 AM
Sniper almost makes it there when he is accosted by Rose. The changelings are content to let both slip away, but it seems they are not.

Chrysalis reigns her emotions in. Her expression becomes distant. Not cold, not angry, but distant. "And if I said I wanted to eat and eat until all of you were lifeless husks?"

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-09, 06:26 AM
"I'm doing alright." It was a diplomatic an answer.

"I'm on my way to pester Chrysalis. Do you want to tag along?" Sniper asks.

DigoDragon
2018-09-09, 06:54 AM
"I'm on my way to pester Chrysalis. Do you want to tag along?" Sniper asks.

Rose raises an eyebrow. Pester didn't seem like a word she'd hear Sniper use. She tilts her head a little and decides to quietly follow along.

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-09, 01:19 PM
Rose's expression was... odd, to say the least. She was acting like he had Changeling venom on his face or something.

"Is something wrong?" Sniper asks as he continues moving toward the Queen.

DigoDragon
2018-09-09, 01:22 PM
"Is something wrong?" Sniper asks as he continues moving toward the Queen.

"No, just found it interesting you phrased it as 'pester the queen'. Maybe I'm not able to brain cause I have the hunger." She stuffs some food in her mouth and continues along.

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-09, 01:39 PM
Sniper shrugs mid-step. "Do you think she'd describe it, aloud, any other way?"

Elbeyon
2018-09-09, 02:52 PM
Love isn't sure if she preferred Chrysalis being fiery with her or this. Chrysalis may not be cold, but the warmth may be preferable. She hopes things are headed in the right direction. "I'd say let's have a good time tonight. I only want to make the night better." Love smiles at her. "I'm used to hanging out with people that have urges. I could ended up worse ways than a lifeless husk by some of them. I'm fairly sure my lawyer wants me to end up a lifeless husk." She checks her tone. "That'd be a serious thing to say, and I'd try to be understanding and accommodating up to a point."

DigoDragon
2018-09-09, 03:03 PM
Sniper shrugs mid-step. "Do you think she'd describe it, aloud, any other way?"

"Today? Probably not," Rose confesses. She stuffs her face with the last of the food she had picked up.

Miltonian
2018-09-09, 05:46 PM
"And I'm saying I don't want tonight to be your last," Chrysalis snarls as Sniper and Rose walk up. She blinks and eyes them, a little surprised by their sudden appearance. "Well," she says, "This could be awkward."

She puts on a smiling face. "And how are you two ponies this evening?"

DigoDragon
2018-09-09, 05:59 PM
"Doing quite well, thank you," Rose says. "The hive is having such fun, too."

She doesn't elaborate in detail, to let Sniper jump in. Rose is not sure what he wanted to bother her about, but she'll let him steer the conversation.

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-09, 08:17 PM
"Likewise, I'm doing well. The nachos appear to be a hit with the hive. The cornball jokes that came with the corn chips? Eh, not so much." Sniper says with a shrug.

"And things do tend to get awkward when we're around each other." Sniper runs a hoof through his mane. "I was hoping that, well, maybe we could try to work through things so that they become less awkward in the future. Because as fun as our relationship is... I tend to make it needlessly love/hate. I'd like to change that."

Elbeyon
2018-09-09, 08:51 PM
Aw, Chrysalis' words causes Love to become unquestionably happy. She doesn't put on much of a tell for the new arrivals, but she doesn't need to with an empath. A glance goes between Chrysalis and the new arrivals as she isn't sure what to do. The two were in the middle of a serious private conversation. Love would like to transition so things aren't awkward, but Scope seems to be here with purpose. She says to apparently no one in particular even though her words are directed at Chrysalis, "I'd gamble and take the bet."

DigoDragon
2018-09-09, 08:55 PM
"I'd gamble and take the bet."

Rose raises an eyebrow, wondering if that was on purpose?

Elbeyon
2018-09-09, 09:18 PM
Rose raises an eyebrow, wondering if that was on purpose?It probably wasn't on purpose? Love is trying to 'finish' her conversation with Chrysalis so Scope can talk to the Queen.

Miltonian
2018-09-09, 09:45 PM
Chrysalis' face softens. "Good. I am glad to hear and see them having fun."

To the rest of it, though she becomes more guarded. "Oh? And how do you propose to do that? Please tell me you weren't thinking of making those little bracelets foals wear around their hooves." She glances down at Love, but doesn't directly respond.

DigoDragon
2018-09-09, 10:29 PM
Rose makes this face that reads agreement with Chrysalis about those bracelets. She never had luck with those in her early schooling. Well, deciding not to interrupt, she waits for Sniper to explain his idea.

Love/Hate... yeah, Sniper sometimes has that bad habit of just doing a thing because he feels expected to. Like, he's the monster so he might as well take the fall for it, right? Toss away those standards and be the vile thing because someone's got to do that dirty job, right? Heh, yeah well, it doesn't sell well considering Rose was the one hold-out vote about Chryssi's original plan to use the gangs as fodder with their leadership replaced by changelings. Rose is probably the better monster... or would that be worse monster? Um... well, hmm. It's one of those. Point is, Rose does things not because there needs to be a fall-pony to do it, Rose just genuinely believes in doing them. Like, she'll shoot a foal if it would save the world. She might not like it, but she wouldn't hesitate for very long at all.

Hell, where was the hesitation when she put a round into Wire's neck, killing him? Spoiler alert--none. Soon as Wire pointed his gun at her and Anaki, he was a dead pony in her eyes.

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-09, 10:53 PM
"Nothing quite so demeaning." Sniper replies. He tries not to sound stiff or formal but that's not a strength of his. "I was thinking that honesty would be more helpful. If you're open to it, then I'll give you the straightforward truth about my mistakes in our relationship and my feelings about our present standing. You can probably pick up on some of them by proximity, but I'll share the 'why' behind them.

"The last time I was in this room, I made the decision not to hide from problems and difficulties. That meant that I needed to stop hiding and penalizing myself for being myself, which, in turn, means that I need to be honest with those around me. This is a part of that. I'll be honest with you, you can be honest with me and wherever things are at the end of it... we can go from there." Sniper shrugs. "But I don't want to force anything on you. I only want to talk if you want to do so."

Elbeyon
2018-09-09, 11:09 PM
Love glances up at Chrysalis. She stays out of Scope's business. A thermos to drink from right now would be really hoofy.

DigoDragon
2018-09-10, 05:32 AM
Rose's intuition whispers in her ear, so she levitates her drink over to Love.

Elbeyon
2018-09-10, 12:20 PM
Love checks the drink for poison then winks at Rose. She'll slowly sip along with the conversation.

Miltonian
2018-09-10, 01:01 PM
"I don't," Chrysalis says, "But I know ponies. If I walk out that door, you'll fret and worry and make all these convoluted plans to make me cheer up or be happy. And then, the pestering will never end."

Her wings buzz in annoyance for a moment. "So ask your questions, I'll give you short, terse answers, and then I'll disappear."

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-10, 02:42 PM
"Nah. If you're not interested then I'm not going to force a discussion. Been there, done that, not interested in reliving it." Sniper says. "Suffice to say that I do consider you a friend. As a friend, I'm sorry about all the times I hurt you, it's never been my intent or aim. I'll also try to be less suspicious. Mostly so that I don't end up botching first contacts and having to let Pins and Needles eat off me to salvage the introductions. Between the two of us, that was not my greatest or most enjoyable moment.

"I'm not the best pony in the world, but I'm trying. It's hard. I'm failing at a lot, but, well... I want you to know that I'm trying.. I just wish trying didn't hurt so much."

DigoDragon
2018-09-10, 03:02 PM
Rose listens to the conversation, but is starting to wonder if this was meant to be a private conversation. She considers just focusing on pleasing the hive. Poor Chrysalis, having to deal with all the friendship, and flowers, and ponies... bleugh... (https://youtu.be/9h-UwgQTp00?t=8s)

She takes a tentative step back to the party, thinking about the face Chrysalis would make by saying 'bleugh (https://78.media.tumblr.com/c437ff5225bef419657e6dd3451a8052/tumblr_ovousocSYa1w1kca5o1_500.png)'.

Elbeyon
2018-09-10, 03:53 PM
Love stops drinking, barely a sip down, and pays full attention to Scope's heartfelt confessions. She is so very proud of Scope. That took a lot of courage and heart. Love doesn't say anything, but her support shows in her body language. She'd give him a hoofs up, but she doesn't want to detract from his message.

Miltonian
2018-09-10, 05:17 PM
Chrysalis takes a step back. Her hesitation shows clearly on her face. "I..." She gulps. "I accept your apology. And I wanted to say that...I'm trying too. Ask Love here if you want...evidence."

Looking very uncomfortable now, she turns and heads for the door.

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-10, 07:14 PM
"I believe you." Sniper says. He means it.

He will raise no objections as she leaves.

DigoDragon
2018-09-10, 08:18 PM
Well, cute moment over with, Rose walks back to the tables, grinning and ready for round 2.

Elbeyon
2018-09-10, 11:22 PM
Love tells her own truth, "I know." She believes Chrysalis. Chrysalis' effort hasn't gone unnoticed. She has been trying absurdly hard all day. Trusting and trusting harrier squad. She has helped them time and time again. The effort is very real on her part. Love wishes she could show and comfort Chrysalis to the fact that her trying is succeeding in her efforts. Love wishes Chrysalis would lean on them for a change. That she could support Chrysalis. A fire ignites! Love will make this the best party ever!

Her emotions have nothing to hide. She shifts over to Scope and whispers to him, "Queen Chrysalis worries she'll uncontrollable feed on us until nothing remains, and she is trying to protect us by distancing herself." She doesn't say this only for him. She shares so that Chrysalis' friends will know her struggles and be able to support her accordingly. Scope is perhaps the best pony to understand Chrysalis out of anyone. Maybe, he already knows how Chrysalis feels, but Love wants to do everything she can to help.

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-11, 08:11 AM
In response, Sniper's thoughts turn into a frown.

"I can't say I've ever had that specific worry, but I know something similar." He sighs. "It's not easy going through life having an intense desire to kill every pony."

Ugh. He shouldn't have even acknowledged the feeling. Now it was making its presence known. Sniper smothered it as best he could.

He looks toward the retreating Medic. "I need to talk to Rose before she gets back to entertaining. Can I catch up with you in a moment?"

Elbeyon
2018-09-11, 09:55 AM
Love nods and gives a small supporting smile. "It's not easy, and you're doing very well. Your efforts are an achievement."

"Go ahead, I can wait here." She smiles at him. "I may not be able to break away if I go entertaining as well."

Love will watch Chrysalis leave and not stop her as per everyone's wishes.

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-11, 11:18 AM
"Thanks. I'll be back in a second."

Sniper slips away and puts on a burst of speed to catch up to Rose.

"Do you have a minute? We really need to talk." He asks.

DigoDragon
2018-09-11, 11:28 AM
"Do you have a minute? We really need to talk." He asks.

Rose stops and turns to look at Sniper. "Sure, but same deal as Chryssi on friendship bracelets. What's up?"

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-11, 12:17 PM
"Well, much the same as with Chrysalis, I need to make things square with you." Deep breath. For some reason, this was a lot harder than trying to talk to Chrysalis. "I messed everything up and I know it. When we tried a relationship I wasn't prepared or equipped for it. It was a one-sided affair that took everything from you and didn't give anything in return. I get that now. I'm not proud of it and I don't like it, but-- I can't change it. All I can do is say that I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I hurt you so badly. I never should have asked you out."

Sniper refuses to let his gaze drop to the floor. He wouldn't cower now. That resolution didn't prevent a hoof from going through his mane.

"And ever since then, I-- I haven't known how to handle interaction with you. In some ways I've avoided it because I didn't trust myself to. I haven't had much trust in myself at all lately and it made a big mess of things. The scene in this room? Same issue. I didn't trust myself to make a decision, or trust my instincts, so I farmed it out to Love. And bucked it all up anyway.

"I know we can't over go back to the way we were. That's not an option. But, well, I'd at least like us not to be strangers any more."

DigoDragon
2018-09-11, 01:22 PM
"Strangers?" Rose seems a little puzzled, but she shakes her head after a moment. "Sniper, don't take this the wrong way--I think you're giving yourself too much credit. Seems like you've hurt yourself a lot more than you hurt me. You wanted to be the shoulder for me to lean on when I needed it and on that mark you excellent splendidly. Past that, I kept myself reserved because I worried you pushed yourself into something you aren't ready for."

She brushes a hair off his shoulder. "I'm not saying I wouldn't have fallen in love with you if we tried. Frankly, I fantasized screwing your brains out once or twice, but I know you have for the longest time issues with being close to someone else. You did yourself and me a favor by coming clean. Maybe it was a mistake to have tried, but I'm no worse for wear. You've made worse mistakes lately that I'm still a bit salty on, and Love is her own train wreck, but you're talking to a mare who doesn't lose sleep shooting ponies in the neck and manipulated a queen's feelings to stong-leg a negotiation, so... we're all screw-ups in our own way and yet I still see you as a friend I can trust. You... really thought we were becoming strangers? Was I ignoring you and not realizing it?"

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-11, 02:39 PM
"I don't know what it is. But back before..." Sniper nodded backward toward Chrysalis' room. "... We were always in the same page. We could act on concert instinctively. That's no longer the case and I miss whatever it was. And I'm not blaming you for that, because lately I don't recognize myself, mostly because I'm trying to unwind Chrysalis' influence from Tartarus and Cadance's influence from my own evil impulses.

"This entire mission has become so sprawling and involved that we're never working together any more. We're always chasing different threads and objectives separately and, well, I think it's starting to hurt us. It's like earlier when we found this place. There was so much going on then that I didn't think, or want, to bring you in on it. That was my fault and I'll try to do better. I just... I feel life we all need to reconnect and get familiar with each other again. I feel like we're all losing our connections and it's starting to hurt things.

"I don't know. Maybe I'm way off base here. This is... all really disconcerting for me."

It was time to shut up. He was rambling again.

DigoDragon
2018-09-11, 02:52 PM
"Hmm, I get what you're saying. We do seem to run off on our own threads as of late, but maybe..." Rose pauses a moment to think how to word this. "Well, have you thought that maybe this is happening because of the nature of our current mission? Tartarus station was just us getting from point A to point B to capture Chrysalis. A straightforward point-to-point combat mission. Defending Twilight was mostly us milling about in one place to find an assailant. Here..."

Rose makes a vague gesture to represent the entire bunker. "Well here we have a lot of secondary objectives we must complete in order to take down Hyper Thought. We need to coordinate attack plans with the changelings, we need to rally gangs and towns to our side, I stumbled upon an artifact that was eating souls, Brazen nearly went sterile disarming a nuke... you get the idea. There's a lot to do and these jobs require special skill sets that are best handled if we split the work-load. This is all prep-work and incidentals we need to address."

"I promise you that once we make our assault on Ashtown, it's going to feel like the good times again. All this... all these little side threads will be done with and we can storm the town together to find that bastage bat and bring him down."

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-11, 09:05 PM
Time to cut bait.

"Yeah. It's probably just my insecurities talking." Sniper says. He shrugs. "Anyway, I'd hoped for a better time and place to bring you into the loop but there probably isn't one. I was going to try and reconcile with my parents when we got back Equestria-side but the attack on them gave me an excuse to talk to them early. We sorted some things out and I think they're all patched up. And... during the conversation I found out that my mother's pregnant again. Which is bizarre, but there you go."

A sense of warmth touched him. "So if it comes up anywhere you know what's going on."

DigoDragon
2018-09-11, 09:17 PM
Rose was caught off guard about the pregancy, but she breaks out in a little grin after recovering. "Aww, tell her congrats! Wow, I am happy for you, Sniper. That's good news."

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-12, 08:00 AM
Sniper agrees: "Yeah. I think so; I'll pass along the message the next time I talk to her."

He waits a moment for the conversation to shift gears and then continues, "Well, we should probably get back to work. This party isn't going to run itself."

DigoDragon
2018-09-12, 08:29 AM
"Yeah, the changelings are really digging the tables and might riot if I don't get back to running that roulette wheel. Well, you know where to find me." Rose moves to get back to the tables.

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-12, 10:23 AM
Sniper lets Rose go and heads back toward Love.

"Sorry about that. I think things are somewhat squared away." He tells her as he looks around the room. "We should... probably get back to work, I guess. We've been away from the Changelings for some time and we need to keep the party rolling."

Elbeyon
2018-09-12, 02:07 PM
Love shakes her head. "Don't worry about it. I got a moment to collect my thoughts. I hope Rose and you are doing alright." She nods to him. "We really should get back to... work." She smirks real big at the idea of a party being work. "I did volunteer to help host the party! I have some people to entertain! Let's roll out!" Love will chuckle and smile real big at him. If he is ready, they can head back to the party.

-

Love tries to stealth up on two changelings in particular. She'll let them kick off introductions while she tries to entertain with the stealth games.

Miltonian
2018-09-12, 03:15 PM
Heading back into the party, they found a rowdy crowd of changelings have discovered a large, inflatable ball that Star wisely thought to bring. It had a hole in it, but she patched it up. Probably was some foals toy who knows how many years ago. The changelings bat it back and forth, chasing it all across the room.

If Love wants to sneak up on Pins and Needles, she'll have to weave in and out of the changeling crowd.

DigoDragon
2018-09-12, 04:18 PM
"Heh, nice ball," Rose comments to Star. She gets back to the table and starts it up again.

"Alright, sorry to keep you all waiting. Let the games resume!"

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-12, 07:01 PM
Sniper heads back to the snack bar to see if Happy needs any help.

Elbeyon
2018-09-12, 07:16 PM
When Scope doesn't say anything further she worries she may have gone overboard with the 'let's get back to work' message. She walks back with him away from the entrance/exit door before spiting up to go toward different tasks.

-

Love doesn't mind putting serous effort into her fun and games. She weaves about the crowd. Any changelings that question her behavior she answers with a sly smirk and the truth. She is sneaking up on her friends for a surprise. If she reaches them without being spotted, she taps them both on the shoulder.

[roll0] vs something really low

Miltonian
2018-09-12, 07:45 PM
The games do resume! Though Pins and Needles are playing with the ball and don't join this time. They do, however, spot Love coming. In fact, she is the one who gets surprised when she loses sight of them for a moment and they tap her on the shoulder. "Hello!" Pins says with a grin.

Happy is doing well at the snack bar, but waves Sniper over anyway. "Hey, just because you're hosting doesn't mean you don't get to enjoy! Have a snack!"

DigoDragon
2018-09-12, 07:53 PM
Rose enjoys herself running the games. She asks names and tries to get to know the changelings. Well, a little at least. Temptation is always there. Next round, Rose gets that roulette wheel going and cheers on the players.

[roll0]

Elbeyon
2018-09-12, 09:09 PM
Love stalks her prey with the prowess of a raccoon. She pauses when she thinks the duo spots her then keeps moving closer to her targets. When the duo disappear, she twists and turns to try to find them again through the crowd. The double tap on the shoulder has her yelp in surprise! She turns to face them while crackling a laugh. "Hello!", she cheers. "How are you doing!?" She gets real close to them and whispers in their ears, "Is it alright if we hug?"

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-13, 12:43 AM
"Unfortunately, I'm watching my weight." Sniper explains for Happy. "I came over to see how you were doing."

It was the truth. He was always watching his weight.

Miltonian
2018-09-17, 10:43 AM
The next game goes well. Not for Rose because she’s not playing, but she keeps the changelings entertained. A few of them leave ‘tips’ from their winnings for her, mostly little trinkets and interesting bits they’ve acquired over the years. Nothing of real value.

--

“Hi!” Pins says back, chuckling. Without warning, they both pull her into a hug. They are getting more comfortable with this.

In hindsight, maybe it’s best Chrysalis left and isn’t around to see this.

--

Happy sulks a little, but only for a moment. “Well, alright then.” She brightens. “I’m doing wonderful! Everyone here is so nice to me. And I’m learning so many new names!”

DigoDragon
2018-09-17, 11:20 AM
The next game goes well. Not for Rose because she’s not playing, but she keeps the changelings entertained. A few of them leave ‘tips’ from their winnings for her, mostly little trinkets and interesting bits they’ve acquired over the years. Nothing of real value.

Rose still thanks them for the tips, as she feels that the "house" should be courteous to the patrons. She gets into the role, glad to see the hive is entertained. If they tire of playing roulette, Rose can certainly pick up a different game to play them. She brought a table for craps (dice game), or she knows a few card games like Black Jack, Rummy, Spades, Hearts (if Star is needing a break from running her table).

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-17, 03:17 PM
"Well, that's good." Sniper replies. "I guess you can never have too many acquaintances. Is there any place that needs help?"

Elbeyon
2018-09-17, 03:43 PM
The bandages on Pins seem clean so that's good. Love welcomes the gesture and lovingly hugs them back. "You really got me!" She teases, "When did the two of you become experts at hide and seek? I need to work on my approach!"

"Everyone having a good time? I wanted to get to know everyone here. Any favorite games so far?"

Miltonian
2018-09-17, 08:05 PM
After a while, Star does come up and tap Rose on the shoulder. "Right, so you got your break. Now I'm claiming mine. Care to take care of all my customers too?"

--

"Yes," Happy says, "If you could run up to the kitchen and grab more of the muffins I left on the counter, we're running low. Apparently, they taste like love!"

--

"Oh," Needles says with a devious grin, "We're just that good, you know?"

"It's a changeling thing," Pins says.

The changelings around her shout an affirmative to Love's question. A good time is being had by all! So far, roulette seems the most popular. Or maybe Rose is. It's hard to tell.

DigoDragon
2018-09-17, 08:29 PM
After a while, Star does come up and tap Rose on the shoulder. "Right, so you got your break. Now I'm claiming mine. Care to take care of all my customers too?"

"Sure," Rose says with a smile. "You want them to come over or should I move to the card table? The middle red numbers are pretty hot tonight."

Yeah, hot... Rose has been doing pretty good tonight with running the table and all, but her heart rate has not come down to normal levels at all. All these changelings and... phew, she remembers the heck of a ride changeling venom can provide. but she has to be strong for herself.

"Just, uh, don't delay on that break, Star."

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-17, 09:55 PM
"I don't doubt that. It seems like everything you make is with love. I'll be right back with the muffins."

Sniper trots off toward the kitchen.

Elbeyon
2018-09-18, 04:20 PM
Love chuckles and squeezes them tight. "Your skills deserve credit." She pulls back to talk to them.

"How about I start us a game?" She waves them forward with a slight pause in her walk so she doesn't lose her balance. Plenty of tables seem available.

Table claimed! Some tokens get pushed toward the gaming part of the board. Love climbs up onto the table, raises a hoof, and flamboyantly announces. "My name is Love!" She raises to her back hoofs with a hoof on her heart in the other pointing to the sky, a much harder pose with her fleshbot. "I'll be the every so lovely croupier, or dealer if graciously preferred, for the craps game!" She steps toward her dealer's side and motions toward the playing chips. "The mightiest of dice games that builds a story upon the tragedies of victory and the sweetness of new beginnings! One player controls the dice and fate of us all! Who will join us on our epic tale!?" She points out toward the crowd before beckoning them closer. "But, wait!" She puts a hoof up to stop them. "Double or nothing! I will be hosting a game of truth or dare during the game! How will these two tales intertwine!? Let me show you!" Love flings both her hoofs in the air and smiles real big before hoping down off the table to take control of the game.

Miltonian
2018-09-18, 08:26 PM
"I'll send them over," Star says, "Hey everypony! The games will continue over here while I take a short break, but I'll be back!" The changelings eagerly rush over, leaving Rose with a group of about twenty all crowding around her table. The games, and temptation, continue. Will Rose be able to resist?

--

Sniper steps out and into the quieter hallway. He makes his way up and to the kitchen and finds Sandy half-way through one of the muffins that had been left out. She freezes, crumbs on her mouth and staring at him with wide eyes. "Uhhhhh...hi."

--

Love's pronouncement draws a bit of attention. A few other changelings crowd around. "Sure," Needles says with a grin just a little too eager for comfort, "We'll join. What're the rules?"

DigoDragon
2018-09-18, 08:44 PM
"I'll send them over," Star says, "Hey everypony! The games will continue over here while I take a short break, but I'll be back!" The changelings eagerly rush over, leaving Rose with a group of about twenty all crowding around her table. The games, and temptation, continue. Will Rose be able to resist?

"Alright, we got a full table here. Don't crowd now! Everyone will get a turn." Rose is doing her best to move the game along so everyone can get a turn. "Alright, you beautiful changelings can sit over here. Place your bets! Here we go, where will it land this time?"

Rose is a bit nervous, but she's trying to keep it under control. Ugh, did she just say beautiful changelings? Derp. She spins the roulette wheel once bets are down and wishes the players good luck.

Games! [roll0]

Elbeyon
2018-09-18, 11:49 PM
"Wonderful, my friends! I have a game in store for us tonight." Love takes her hooked stick to try to twirl it in her hoof and cackles, "Mwhahaha."

"The rules are simple! The betting is complex. Every story has a beginning and end! That's true for," she cheers, "CRAPS!", before returning to her normal croupier voice, "as well. There are two parts to each game. The first stage is the Come Out roll. The second stage is the Point roll. When the Shooter, the person throwing the dice, throws for the first time in a new game this is called the Come Out roll. If the Shooter rolls a 7 or 11, you, " she cheers, "WIN! If the shooter rolls 2, 3 or 12, you lose. These are so eloquently called craps numbers. If the shooter rolls any other number, they have established the point. That's stage two of the game! I'll explain that once someone establishes the point."

She grabs two dice and rolls. The rolls are examined and she points the hooked stick at someone slightly to her right. "Lucky, lucky! You're our shooter for this first round. You can remain the shooter until a 7 is rolled. You can also pass the role of Shooter to the person on your left whenever you want, including now. The shooter has to place a bet during Come Out!" Love moves tokens with her hooked stick to anyone that hasn't grabbed a stack yet.

"Shooter! Choose your two dice." Love grabs five dice from the box area and offers the changeling their choice of two. Even the dealer can show she is being fair! "The betting is the simplest during the Come Out roll! Once your chips are placed, you can not remove them until you win or lose. You're free however to add more chips as we play!" Love smirks. The odds of wining are greatest during the first phase, but a player gets locked into playing the more perilous Point round. "Shooter! After we bet, you need to roll your dice across the table and bounce them off the opposite side!" The table has very raised edges for bouncing dice off. Love points her stick to the opposite side of the changeling to illustrate the point. "No putting the dice below the table! The dice must bounce on the other side or a re-roll is declared!"

"Let's keep it simple!" She taps the Pass Line written on the table. "Place your bets here if you want to win on a 7 or 11. If you feel like being the villain or want some extra complexity! You can play with the opposite rules!" She taps the Don't Pass Bar written on the table. "Whenever everyone else loses, you win! That's a win on a 2, 3, or 12! Place your bets!"

"Game two! Let's relax and play a friendly game of truth or dare off the cuff." She tries to twirl her hook stick. "Would anyone like to start us off by asking truth or dare?" Love will probably only be taken truths since she has a game to run.

She examines where everyone has placed their bets then points at the Shooter. "You can start! Let the games begin!" She raises her hoofs up into the air. Oh, and she did mean games.

D.KnightSpider
2018-09-19, 12:22 AM
"Hi."

Sniper notes the muffin but decides that it's not even worth recognizing as an issue. What is a muffin in the grand scheme of things? He takes a look around the kitchen.

"I need to take off with the rest of the muffins. Don't worry about yours. Are there any other carts available?"

Miltonian
2018-09-29, 10:05 PM
The party continues on late into the night. Sniper has to make several more supply runs, but it gives him a chance to collect himself and prepare mentally each time. Rose keeps the games going and Love has a rousing game of her own. All in all, it's a huge success.

After it is over, Rose finds her way up to the bar, where a single pony snoozes with his head on the table. A drink, untouched by him, sits on the bar beside him. He stirs as she approaches. "Hmm? Oh, Rose. Hi. How..." He yawns. "How did it go?"

DigoDragon
2018-09-29, 10:23 PM
After it is over, Rose finds her way up to the bar, where a single pony snoozes with his head on the table. A drink, untouched by him, sits on the bar beside him. He stirs as she approaches. "Hmm? Oh, Rose. Hi. How..." He yawns. "How did it go?"

Rose sits down next to the stallion. She sighs. "I felt like a recovering alcoholic at an all-you-can-drink booze party. I did have some fun, and the changelings definitely enjoyed their evening. I would say that we patched up the alliance decently well to hold a while longer... but it took a lot to hold myself back from really getting in it. So... I'm exhausted and could really use a drink."

Miltonian
2018-09-29, 11:14 PM
Red Tape slides the drink closer to her. "Then how about some real alcohol?" he asks with an inviting smile, "I didn't mix it myself, but I had one like it and it's good."

After a moment, he clears his throat. "Thank you," he says, "for doing that tonight. We needed it, badly."

DigoDragon
2018-09-30, 07:52 AM
Rose levitates the glass toward herself and drinks it down in gulps. "Hmm, that is pretty good." She slows down a bit to finish it. It burned good in he stomach, and she lets out a content sigh. "Thanks for the drink." She outs the glass down gently.

"And, you're welcome for the party. I think the others are just pushing Chrysalis too fast to be a paragon. Those changelings grew up here, in the wasteland. They're accustomed to being underhoofed and mean to survive. They listen to Chrysalis because of her reputation for being the master of manipulation and... yeah." Rose stops in mid-thought for a moment, then continues. "So, we can't just force her to be like us or it's gonna hurt her rep with the hive. She's gonna be herself, but... I feel positive deep down, Chrysalis is wanting to work with us. We just have to give her some ground too."

She shakes her head. "It'll work out. The alliance will work, as long as we don't push any more demands. And... heh, listen to me, I'm rambling on now. Sorry about that. There was so much to do today and now I can't turn off my brain."

Miltonian
2018-09-30, 10:38 PM
Red Tape slips off his stool and begins making Rose another drink. It's nothing fancy, he's just imitating what he saw earlier, but it is nice and strong if she wants it. He then pours one for himself and sits back down beside her. "Rose, I..." His cheeks flush. "I...admire you. I-I mean, I admire that about you. Ponyfeathers..." He takes a swift swig. "I admire that, no matter what, you keep on going. We...we kinda put you through a lot. Not just us, i guess. Life in general? But you...you never give up. You're still here even after...after everything."

DigoDragon
2018-10-01, 05:54 AM
Rose drinks the second glass given to her as she listens. "Well, I guess I'm stubborn that way. All this fighting and pain I go through keeping the squad together just so we can catch Polaris... thanks for noticing, RT. It... it's hard some days to get up and keep doing this. I get tired of carrying all this weight... and... it's nice to be admired. Err, appreciated." She sighs, her glass already close to empty. The alcohol was already working a buzz into her head. That was another thing she lost along with so much of her flesh and bones; her tolerance to alcohol.

"RT, after we catch Polaris and put an end to this... what's going to happen to me?"

The way Rose asked that, it sounded like she was thinking of herself as a piece of military hardware that only gets out on a mission and not a pony who goes home or something...

Miltonian
2018-10-01, 10:18 PM
Red Tape sucks in a breath. "Rose, I...you're not..." He clears his throat again. Seems slightly compulsive at this point. "Rose, when all this is over, you're going to have a very happy life. That I can promise you. You are a wonderful mare and I..."

He clams up suddenly. "Well, I...I just...after the mission, would you be willing to meet me somewhere? There's something I should tell you. Not now, but later. When it won't be a distraction."

DigoDragon
2018-10-01, 10:48 PM
Rose downs the last drops of alcohol. She turns the glass upside down and firmly places it on the bar top with a thud. "RT... please don't... don't make promises like that. I could be dead by this time tomorrow. Err, I mean, I'm not planning on it, but... you know... I've cheated death several times..."

She rubs a hoof down her face and sighs. Damn the alcohol.

"I'm rambling again, sorry. What I mean to say... tomorrow is never certain. If we're both still standing after all this, I would love to meet up with you for whatever. But if it's important, don't wait."

Miltonian
2018-10-03, 04:02 PM
Red Tape almost says it. He almost does, but he pulls himself back at the last moment. As if every word is causing him pain, he says, "It would be best to talk afterwards. Rose, I..." He chuckles. "Of course, it's affecting me right now so that's probably bad too, but I'm not on the front lines so I can...afford to be? No."

He hits his head with his hoof and groans. "It is important," he says, "But I...I..." He takes a deep breath and, in the quietest voice Rose has ever heard him use, asks, "Would you care to turn that meeting into a date?"

DigoDragon
2018-10-03, 04:49 PM
Red Tape almost says it.

https://derpicdn.net/img/2013/4/3/287295/full.gif

He almost does, but he pulls himself back at the last moment.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/446/508/8ab.gif

"Would you care to turn that meeting into a date?"

Rose takes a sharp inhale of breath as her heart skips two beats from the words. She was thinking RT was heading to something down this path, but even still... the shock came as a shock. Rose slowly exhales her breath. A little smile breaks between her lips and she puts one her her hooves on RT's foreleg. Well, she told herself she would not ask anyone out. She would wait for someone else to make the first move. It stood to reason that just about everyone she knew would be ruled out by such a stance, but... maybe not everyone. Looking into RT's eyes, Rose leans in to whisper,

"I'll cheat death again to make that date."

Miltonian
2018-10-04, 12:01 AM
Red Tape's hoof is trembling as Rose grabs hold of it. Poor guy is very nervous. But it comes to a stop when he hears her answer. He lets out a sigh of relief. "Good. Good!" He gives her a warm, if a little shy, smile. "Please try to avoid any situations where you have to cheat death again. I'm sure you have a lot of luck, but let's not test how far it extends, hmm?"

DigoDragon
2018-10-04, 05:54 AM
"I'll cancel my appointments," Rose says. She lets out a soft chuckle and then gently rubs RT's foreleg as if she's treating a sprained hoof. "Don't be so nervous. I'm not going to bite you unless you want me to. I should be the worrying one, with hooves that aren't soft and warm like other mares."

Miltonian
2018-10-04, 07:24 PM
Red Tape nods eagerly. "Don't...don't get me wrong, I am happy. It's just that I am nervous, I guess. I was afraid you would say no, for some reason. Which would have been fine, but yes is much better. Much, much better. But thank you. Thank you for saying yes."

DigoDragon
2018-10-04, 08:37 PM
Rose shakes her head very slowly. "I have no reason to say no. You're a good stallion who shoots straight and stays honest. I have to warn you though... if we do this date thing later, be prepared to accept me as a flawed mare. I'm going to be myself, and that means on occasion my patience may run low, my self-doubts might bring me to tears, and from time to time I might want to pull you to the floor, rip your shirt open, and and love you like tomorrow may never come. So... just a bit of warning for you."

Her smile betrays any acting of seriousness, and with a deep breath Rose leans in and gives RT a gentle kiss on the cheek.

"A little something to tide you over until the mission's done." She turns to get up from her stool. Her intent seems to be ready to turn in for the night.

Miltonian
2018-10-05, 06:34 PM
Red Tape's cheeks light up like a Hearthswarming tree. Rose's kiss does nothing to help. He chuckles and a goofy grin she's never seen before crosses his face. "Well I'm not perfect either, but I look forward to the end of the mission."

He will let her go, though he will continue to sit for a while.

DigoDragon
2018-10-05, 06:46 PM
As Rose walks away, she'll strut her plot a bit to give RT a little extra something to watch leave. Rose pondered to herself... huh... RT is asking me out? Hmm, well, he deserves the chance. Hopefully I'll be around long enough to be treated to a date.