PDA

View Full Version : Items for a lvl 10 wizard ( maybe sorc)

finaldooms
2018-09-05, 04:33 AM
Hiya 5e folks!!! So im mostly a 3.5 player so i know what im,doing in that..ive played just a tiny bit of 5e ( 4 sessions in 4 different campaigns) and im not a fan honestly..but i told a friend id help playtest his boss..and another friend id try 5e again so..

For the boss test im making either a wizard or a sorc at lvl 10 and all i know is the boss is somesorta empyrean/ mindflayer/lich like thing

He tested it against a 3 man party at lvl 16 ( pally barb ranger) and Apparently destroyed them so that nixed my orginal idea of a lvl 10 barb

Anyways he is giving the party +1 gear and " add an element to a weapon" problem,is...i dont think casters need +1 gear..still

So i came yall looking for help finding +1 equivalent items that would help me

nickl_2000
2018-09-05, 06:39 AM
So some uncommon items that an arcane caster may like/love:

Bag of Holding - Since their strength is probably junk and they can carry stuff.
Broom of Flying/Winged Boots - Allows them to stay out of combat easier, but you may not want to add a vertical dimension yet
Cloak of Protection - Everyone loves these
Gloves of Missile Snaring - Reduce missile damage and a caster should have a hand free
Goggles of Night - If they don't have darkvision
Pearl of Power - more spells!
Wand of Magic Missiles
Wand of the War Mage - basically a +1 weapon for arcane casters

CTurbo
2018-09-05, 06:59 AM
Amulet of Health to set Con at 19

Ring of Protection

Callak_Remier
2018-09-05, 10:00 AM
Necklace of adaptation.
Ring of spell storing.

finaldooms
2018-09-05, 04:30 PM
sorry i should have specified that this character is being used for a single fight ( as far as im aware) at lvl 10 il have 15 spells to throw for one fight so a spell storing ring seemed..not very useful

the winged boots might be helpful though since the goal is to kill the boss.. since the DM said its a mix of the 3 things i mentioned though im kinda expecting it to either be a spell caster..or just be really really big and a pain to avoid

th3g0dc0mp13x
2018-09-05, 05:04 PM
Elven chain, boost that AC so you aren't a 1 hit wonder.

Ioun stone, the one that boosts intelligence prep another spell and increase save DC.