Ladorak
2018-09-05, 04:13 PM
Chapter 0
Scene 1
Moon: Full
Season: Late Summer

Celeb

Pickering Family Estate
Celeb has travelled far to answer the summons of Max Roman. Word had crossed throughout North America, travelling through whispered words in dark paths along the Hirfathra Hissu network. Once again the Alpha of the fledgling Protectorate had softly commanded the attendance of a worthy Bone Shadow for another of his multi tribal projects. Celeb had volunteered, and been judged the most fit of the volunteers.
By those same dark paths he made his way across the continent, travelling from one Bone Shadow pack's territory to another. He has reached his penultimate stop, the Pickering Family Estate.
Celeb has never met the Pickerings but he has heard of their Alpha, Obadiah Pickering. He's a local legend among the Hirfathra Hissu, both for his deeds and for the mystery that surrounds him. He is missing an eye, a rare thing among the Uratha, and there are countless rumours echoing the legends of Odin, of the dark knowledge he obtained in exchange for his eye.
He arrives late at night, but on time. In the bright light of Luna he does not need his wolf senses to survey the Pickering's territory and the substantial wall surrounding acres of well kept grass. In the distance he can make out the main buildings of the estate, the whole place looks like a mausoleum.
It is not Obadiah who meets him at the gates. Instead an expensive looking red sports car comes flying down the road and the gate begins to automatically open. The car makes it through without clipping the sides of the ponderous gate, but not by much, and screeches to a halt. The passenger side window winds down and a young man leans over from the driver's seat 'Hop in.' He looks haunted and very drained . His eyes look red, puffy and very tired. Celeb can smell alcohol from the open window, but he needs his wolf senses to do it. 'You're Caleb, right?'

OOC: Wits +Composure check please

Kyrko
Outside Woody's Bar
Kyrko had heard word of Max's 'request' to the Suthar Anzuth via their own network, which travels many of it's own dark paths, but rarely whispers. She has come to meet a member of the Scar Angels, who will take her on to her new pack and her destiny.
The Scar Angels are pack of bikers who make the highways of Colorado their territory. The Scar Angels have a reputation among the human and Uratha communities. Truckers and bikers tell stories of a biker gang that escaped from Hell itself, and the Angels serve as convenient scapegoats for any unpleasant occurrence up and down the highways for miles around.
Kyrko is met outside the bar by two Uratha, an imposing woman and a man bent down working on his bike. Both dressed as stereotypical bikers, all leather, denim and studs. She approaches from downwind and so can hear their exchange.
The woman's voice is hectoring 'I'd kick your ass if we didn't need you so bad.'
The man sounds distracted, resigned, focused on his repairs 'You couldn't kick my ass if you tried. And you've tried.'
'Oh I've never really tried.'
He looks up from the bike and they grin at each other. Despite their harsh words there's a clear fondness between them. He gets up from the bike 'That should do it. If I'm right and the Driven is on the 45 tomor-' He stops suddenly, sniffing at the air. The woman has already turned to look at Kyrko.
Contrary to their appearance they are both surprisingly friendly. They introduce themselves as Fix and Copperhead. Copperhead, the woman, does most of the talking. She causally welcomes Kyrko to their turf and informs her that Copperhead is her ride to the meeting site. Once Fix has finished cleaning his hands on a filthy rag he offers it to Kyrko in greeting 'I knew your Alpha, I'm sorry for your loss.'

Jason
Offices of Jones, Silver and Wolfe, Denver
Jason has also answered the summons of Max Roman. He arrives in Denver and quickly makes his way to the territory of the Silver Syndicate. Order has been restored to much of the city but there are still whole city blocks he must hurry through. It was not that he feared for his life, the Pure were practically unknown in the city centre, but if he stopped to deal with the myriad spiritual problems he briefly encountered along the way he would be unforgivably late. The Alpha of the Silver Syndicate was not a man to disappoint.
It is clear there is much left to do in Denver. Gurdilag was slain almost two years ago, but still there are places where the spirit wilds can only be described as tortured.
Once James reaches the territory of the Silver Syndicate the spirit wilds become immaculate. Passing from one extreme to the other is jarring but not unpleasant. Once he reaches the offices of Jones, Silver and Wolfe (The legal firm covertly owned by Max Roman) he is met by the receptionist, a friendly old woman who introduces herself as Carol. She asks Jason to take a seat and soon he is greeted by a grinning man who is obviously not a lawyer. He clearly hasn't shaved for weeks, his hair is long and swept back into a tight ponytail and he is wearing the clothes of a graduate student. He reaches out to shake hands 'Hi Jason, I'm Jason.' He seems to think this is hilarious, laughing at his own joke, if it can be called that 'You can call me Tycho'

OOC: Academics check please

Carrick
Car interior
Carrick is on his way to the meeting point with an old war buddy. These days he is called Firewalker, but Carrick knew him when he was called James. They had first met in the time before Gurdilag manifested in Denver. James had been kicked out of his house for being gay and was turning tricks on the street. One of his tricks turned out to be a vampire. Carrick's pack, working with a Storm Lord pack, raided that vampire's nest . There they discovered a bond and gagged victim who, seeing the tremendous violence, went through the First Change and leapt to join the fight. He had chosen to join the Storm Lords but had remained in close contact with Carrick ever since. They were never closer then during the war. James finally repaid the favour and saved Carrick's life. After the war they drifted apart, particularly after James left his old pack to join Black Moon Extreme. Black Moon Extreme is a young pack that has decided to make vampire-hunting its mission. Aside from direct clashes over territory, the undead and the werewolves tend to leave each other alone. Not so with these Uratha. They have made it their mission to hunt down the bloodsucking creatures of the night and do so with the enthusiasm of the young and foolish.
James is tall, thin and imposing. He is graceful and lithe, dressing in baggy clothes. He has short red hair, a sparse beard and extremely bad teeth and has been talking about his pack the whole journey. He clearly loves his Alpha Moriarty as much as he fears him. Someone called Solo is a massive pain and Buzz is a conspiracy nut with more mad theories than Firewalker can remember, although he still shares a few of the funnier ones. After he's blown off some steam he asks 'How about you Carrick? How have you been doing the last couple years? How you feeling about tonight?'

Daniel
Car interior

Dan is on his way to the meeting with Silver Hook, an old wolfblooded friend from the Lost Moon. Gareth Hook was the pack's armourer and had earned his sobriquet with his skill at working silver weapons. He's a hard blunt faced man with no small number of scars, the oldest member of Last Moon and father to some of it's youngest wolfbloods. He grips the wheel too firmly as he steers, his knuckles bone white as the blood drains away. Something is clearly bothering him, and Dan knows all he has to do is wait. Hook could never leave a thought unsaid once it had firmly lodged in his head. Eventually Hook brakes the silence 'F*** it. Dan, she asked me to do this like I'm some 007 type, all subtle. We both know that's not me. I admire Max Roman. I think if Last Moon's going to survive we're going to have to accept other tribes too, not up to me though. He's a powerful ally to have, Max, but his friendship is dangerous too.
'The big wolf, Rachel Snow, she had a quiet word with me. Scared the hell out of me too!' Snow is foremost among the local Storm Lords, generally regarded as one of the most powerful Uratha in North America. Hook is a brave man, but he's clearly not joking about the fear he felt. By all rights Rachel should be Alpha of the Colorado Protectorate, but she refuses to admit the other tribes and so has not been able to recruit as swiftly as other packs. Instead the Silver Syndicate has become the Alpha Pack of Denver and with that the title of Alpha of the Protectorate passes to Max Roman.
'You know she doesn't approve of this multi-tribal stuff. She's not ready to interfere I don't think. But she wants to know if this new pack of yours screws up or breaks apart. Political capital stuff. She gave me this to give to you.' He holds out a burner cellphone to Dan.

Sam
An insolated road
Grey Owl and Sam are very alone. They stand in the darkness, roughly 200 yards from the illuminated road. In the world of the Flesh it is silent aside from the crickets, in the Shadow it is also quiet. Here the Spirits are healthy and dormant aside a few minor Gafflings. These Gafflings, Eagle and Cricket Spirits, stay respectfully far away from the Uratha even with the Gauntlet between them. The occasional Car Gaffling drives by on the road and are cursed at by the Spirit of a Stop Sign that has somehow gathered enough essence to become self aware. The Stop sign is regarded balefully by a Spirit of Death that looks so starved that it is on the edge of disappearing into nothingness. It lifts a hand to Sam imploringly as it;s other emaciated hand points to the stop sign.
Grey Owl speaks and Sam's attention returns to the Flesh 'I am very proud of you Cub. I'm only calling you that because after tonight I never can again. You have come far.
'There are things I would say only to you before the rest arrive. And questions I would not answer in front of them. There is nothing more important than Pack, I wish you well in this. But I am unconvinced of this unnatural manner of creating packs. You know you can return to me if this doesn't work out. We're not really pack, just the two of us, but we are family.'
Sam has rarely heard Grey Owl speak at such length.

OOC: This is your chance to ask any questions before you meet each other. I hope to keep these scenes fairly short so if you do have questions please ask them all in one go.

Eonn
2018-09-05, 05:07 PM
"Hello Tycho. How're things here?" Jason greets.

Is Tycho Uratha?

You want pure academics, or add in INT or something too?

My academics is 1, and my int and wits are both 3, so here's a roll what should work either way:
[roll0]
[roll1][roll2][roll3]

Daishain
2018-09-05, 06:35 PM
Carrick sighs at the question, "Its been a bit rough without my pack. But I think its about time to move on, find a new purpose. I hope tonight presents such an opportunity, perhaps I'll meet some young pup in need of a bit of temperance."

Beans
2018-09-05, 10:14 PM
Kyrko looks pretty unlike the sort of person you'd expect to see hanging around bikers like this, except perhaps as someone's sister or non-biker girlfriend. She glances at Copperhead at this thought, but only briefly. "Yeah, Ruben was real good people. They all were." She adjusts her glasses, vaguely sizing up the others. "Thanks for this, I owe you guys." She shakes their hands, hefting her backpack and duffle. She doesn't carry a lot, figuring she'll be here long enough to accrue some stuff anyway.

Erulasto
2018-09-06, 01:19 AM
Colorado was a strange land, compared to his home, but that wasn’t saying entirely too much considering the Irraka had spent the last few years weaving a meandering path through the southern United States. It wasn’t the heat that had been a problem; after all, Haiti was hot and humid. It was the open space that was the most unnerving. The sheer amount of land that the United States encompassed still baffled him at times.

He waited at the gate as keen eyes watched the approaching sports car, the smoldering embers on the end of his cigar flaring each time the Haitian took a deep drag. There was something centering about the pungent smoke.

”I am at dat.” Caleb responded, his accent wrapping around his words thickly. ” ‘Ave you come to collect me?” He holds the cigar up lightly before the driver as he pops the passenger door open and slips into the chair next to the haggard man.

”Ya mind if I smoke?”

Wits 2 + Composure 3

[roll0]

Ladorak
2018-09-06, 06:12 AM
Jason

Jason recognises the reference to Tycho Brahe, 16th century Danish nobleman and polymath, best known for his work in astrology and for coining the common maxim 'Those who do not learn from history are destine to repeat it.'
Tycho is indeed Uratha, as he informs Jason on their way to the car park at the back of the building. He is a friendly and very talkative man. He is also Iron Master and Ithaeur 'Just like you Jason!' His fascination with this fairly minor coincidence is explained later during the car journey. It becomes increasingly difficult for Jason to get a word in edgewise as the answer to a fairly simple question sends Tycho rambling from one subject to the next. Things are excellent here, thanks to Max. Max is a great man. He doesn't understand why Max doesn't get more support. Max made all this happen. He carries on like this, painting a picture of a man who held his Alpha in nothing short of awe. The two of them are on the road by the time he finishes 'My passion though is the orrery. I spent my whole life stargazing and after I Changed Luna herself gave me the mission, to chart to stars and, I now realise, to try and predict the idigam. Max took on a Storm Lord Ithaeur a while back, and she's good. Gives me more time to stargaze.'

Carrick

Firewalker looks at Carrick from the corner of his eye 'You never stop do you?' Although it had only been a few years since young James had been such a young pup it felt like a lifetime ago, much has changed since then 'If Black Moon Extreme has taught me anything it's that you can love your packmates without liking them much, or at all. You're a good man Carrick, you break your back helping others, that's admirable as f***. But if you're not getting anything back it'll leave you hollow in the end.'

Kyrko

'Not at all.' Copperhead says brightly 'I love to ride, you don't owe me a damn thing. My hog wouldn't be running without Fix though, so maybe we should both thank him.' She punches Fix in the arm, by the way his body lifts up you can tell she didn't pull the punch 'Thanks Fix.'
He grins back at her and rubs the bruise that is already disappearing 'Welcome. Now I've got to run. Catch you around Kyrko.'
Soon Kyrko and Copperhead are on the road (Copperhead had a spare helmet). The wind is whistling past and the engine is unbelievably loud but if Kyrko leans forward and yells in Copperhead's ear they can continue their conversation.

Caleb

'Not my car brother.' the young man's voice sounds joyous and resentful at the same time. He guns the engine without waiting to see if Caleb wants to affix his seat beat, the wheels screech, and the car roars away. He introduces himself as Morris Pickering and it takes very little time for Caleb to recognise the telltale signs of intoxication. Morris plays with the radio every couple of minutes and his words are spoken far too quickly and slightly slurred. If he was human Caleb would estimate Morris had done two or three lines earlier in the night, however an Uratha's constitution would require a bigger dose to achieve this effect.
He chain smokes the whole journey, between the two Uratha the car quickly fills with smoke despite the open windows, the rich smell of cigar mixing with the acid tang of cheap cigarette smoke. He drives with the careless abandon of a man driving a car which isn't his. He speaks a little randomly and doesn't leave much room for reply, Caleb also soon picks up on the aura of self destruction about Morris. He rambles but the main thrust of his thoughts, the one he keeps returning to, is that he doesn't think he's going to live to become 21.

Erulasto
2018-09-06, 06:53 AM
Caleb didn’t bother to fasten the seatbelt in the sports car, but he keep the window rolled down so he could flick the growing ash from his cigar out the window in between puffs.

”Where ya takin’ me, Morris?” Caleb asks, the worn old satchel that held his entire life sitting in his lap. The kid’s erratic driving was causing the large, black-skinned Uratha to grip the bag a bit tighter than normal. He could hear the rattle of the many bones inside. Such disrespect.

At some point, Caleb quirks a brow and flashes the kid a toothy grin around his cigar. ”Ya know, kid. You may ‘ave no problem wit dyin’. But dat don’t mean I be ready to meet da loa dis night.”

Bennosuke
2018-09-06, 08:25 AM
OOC: My apologies for the delay in posting. Between commute and work I had just enough time to mindlessly eat some picked up food before going to bed last night.

Sam
An insolated road
Grey Owl and Sam are very alone. They stand in the darkness, roughly 200 yards from the illuminated road. In the world of the Flesh it is silent aside from the crickets, in the Shadow it is also quiet. Here the Spirits are healthy and dormant aside a few minor Gafflings. These Gafflings, Eagle and Cricket Spirits, stay respectfully far away from the Uratha even with the Gauntlet between them. The occasional Car Gaffling drives by on the road and are cursed at by the Spirit of a Stop Sign that has somehow gathered enough essence to become self aware. The Stop sign is regarded balefully by a Spirit of Death that looks so starved that it is on the edge of disappearing into nothingness. It lifts a hand to Sam imploringly as it;s other emaciated hand points to the stop sign.
Grey Owl speaks and Sam's attention returns to the Flesh 'I am very proud of you Cub. I'm only calling you that because after tonight I never can again. You have come far.
'There are things I would say only to you before the rest arrive. And questions I would not answer in front of them. There is nothing more important than Pack, I wish you well in this. But I am unconvinced of this unnatural manner of creating packs. You know you can return to me if this doesn't work out. We're not really pack, just the two of us, but we are family.'
Sam has rarely heard Grey Owl speak at such length.

OOC: This is your chance to ask any questions before you meet each other. I hope to keep these scenes fairly short so if you do have questions please ask them all in one go.

Sam had already taken the time to investigate the area sufficiently that the young Forsaken was relatively at ease, despite not being surrounded by the comforts of the forest. That said, his old mentor's words unsettled Samuel, and he raised a curious eye at Grey Owl. "You know about the other members then? Is there anything in particular I should be... aware of?" Samuel had never been much of a conversationalist either, so he chose his words carefully, hoping that the vagueness would encourage his mentor to be forthright with anything pertinent regarding new pack.

Beans
2018-09-06, 08:55 AM
Kyrko does thank Fix before getting on behind Copperhead. She's glad for the helmet, and for her cardigan, as they set off and the whipping wind makes things cold. Even in late summer, Colorado's nights get pretty cool.
"WHAT WAS THAT FIX SAID ABOUT THE DRIVEN?" Arms around the bigger woman's waist, Kyrko leans forward a bit and raises her voice to be heard. "HE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT IT BEING ON THE 45 TOMORROW AND STOPPED."

Ladorak
2018-09-06, 09:21 AM
Caleb

Morris simply laughs at Caleb's request 'You don't have to worry about that. I told you, I've got just over a year left. That means right now I'm immortal.' Despite his words he slows down, although this concession is somewhat marred by the fact he soon takes his eyes off the road to mess with the radio again. 'You asked where I'm taking you' he blerts out suddenly. Caleb had actually asked about 20 minutes ago but before he can say something along those lines Morris is off again 'Middle of nowhere is where...' He frowns, clearly thinking hard 'Caleb! Middle of f***ing nowhere. I don't know why. Big Alpha dog clicked his fingers, so dearest father clicked his. It's kinda near Aspen, maybe Roman wants you guys to go skiing together.' He laughs at his own joke, then starts swearing when a new song he evidently didn't care for came onto the radio.

Sam

'I know one of the Bone Shadows and know nothing of the other. You can trust Carrick. The others I know only by name. Daniel is close with the Lost Moon and they occupy the same uneasy space between Roman and Snow that I do. They're not as useful so it's a dangerous place to be. I'm surprised Max took him on.' He pauses and the silence stretches out, becoming deafening. Finally he stirs 'I'm not worried about the members of this pack. It is the manner of your meeting. Packs form naturally, they are complicated things, all status and love, trust and rivalry. Uratha normally choose our packmates very carefully. These arranged packs are like arranged marriages, they leave me uneasy. Sometimes these arrangements work, sometimes they do not, that will be up to all of you.
'Regardless of that just being what you are will make you a target for Snow. Your success will be proof of Max's philosophy and her own folly. Your failures will prove the opposite.'

Kyrko

Copperhead turns her head slightly and screams out her answer into the wind whistling past 'Yeah Driven. Awakened Vehicle Spirits with a thirst for blood. Nasty f***ers. We've been hunting this one a couple months now, it's slippery. Fix is a Spirit tracking master though, if he says it'll be on the 45 it will be. Just probably not tomorrow. It's cool though, not like I'm doing anything.'

Eonn
2018-09-06, 10:51 AM
"That sounds cool. Have you made any advancements yet?" Speaks Jason from the passenger seat. It really doesn't bother him that Tycho is talking so much if it means he doesn't have to respond. He really doesn't know what to say to the older Uratha, besides that and "Where we going anyways?"

Daishain
2018-09-06, 06:40 PM
Carrick raises an eyebrow, "You've got a ways to go yet before you can lecture me pup. You're not wrong in essence, but I get plenty out of it even if others do not reciprocate. There's nothing quite like helping the young grow strong and wise. It was the war that left me empty, it took all of that potential and ended it before its time."

"Enough of that though, what can you tell me about this summons?"

Bennosuke
2018-09-06, 08:26 PM
Samuel frowns at Owl's explanation of The People's politics. It was not to his liking to be used as a pawn, or as an example to prove a point. "That is unfortunate," he says crossing his arms over his flannel coat. Moving the conversation on to what introduces him more, Samuel asks, "What can you tell me about the land we are to take as our own? That is a duty that interests me greatly."

So quick question OOC. We originally discussed Samuel ending up in this new Pack at the recommendations of Grey Owl. His demeanor now kinda contradicts this. Should I take this as something that Samuel would find concerning and worth investigating, or is this a simple discontinuity that I should ignore? I don't want to be missing an interesting plot point, but it would also be a simple mistake and don't want to make anything of it if that's the case.

Irrelephant
2018-09-06, 08:47 PM
Dan is on his way to the meeting with Silver Hook, an old wolfblooded friend from the Lost Moon. Gareth Hook was the pack's armourer and had earned his sobriquet with his skill at working silver weapons. He's a hard blunt faced man with no small number of scars, the oldest member of Last Moon and father to some of it's youngest wolfbloods. He grips the wheel too firmly as he steers, his knuckles bone white as the blood drains away. Something is clearly bothering him, and Dan knows all he has to do is wait. Hook could never leave a thought unsaid once it had firmly lodged in his head. Eventually Hook brakes the silence 'F*** it. Dan, she asked me to do this like I'm some 007 type, all subtle. We both know that's not me. I admire Max Roman. I think if Last Moon's going to survive we're going to have to accept other tribes too, not up to me though. He's a powerful ally to have, Max, but his friendship is dangerous too.
'The big wolf, Rachel Snow, she had a quiet word with me. Scared the hell out of me too!' Snow is foremost among the local Storm Lords, generally regarded as one of the most powerful Uratha in North America. Hook is a brave man, but he's clearly not joking about the fear he felt. By all rights Rachel should be Alpha of the Colorado Protectorate, but she refuses to admit the other tribes and so has not been able to recruit as swiftly as other packs. Instead the Silver Syndicate has become the Alpha Pack of Denver and with that the title of Alpha of the Protectorate passes to Max Roman.
'You know she doesn't approve of this multi-tribal stuff. She's not ready to interfere I don't think. But she wants to know if this new pack of yours screws up or breaks apart. Political capital stuff. She gave me this to give to you.' He holds out a burner cellphone to Dan.

"I gotcha, Hook," Dan says as he nods along. He knows how hard it must be for Hook to admit that they've essentially been "nudged" into this, by both sides, from the sounds of it. Taking the phone, he slips it into his pocket. "But you know I'm not exactly a fan of this cloak and dagger stuff either. I'm sure if we screw up, she's got a dozen ways to find out before the news breaks. I doubt she needs to be so secretive about this, there's no one in Denver who doesn't know how she feels about the recent turn of events."

Erulasto
2018-09-07, 12:07 AM
”I can’t say I ‘ave much experience with snow.” Caleb replies easily, taking another puff on the cigar and letting the smoke lazily trail from between his lips as he sighs contentedly. ”Ya seem bitter, Morris. Life is too short as it is. If ya got a year, ya got more den some.”

The big, Haitian Irraka leans forward and adjusts the radio to a different station at Morris’ angst over the current song.

When he had found something a bit less offensive to the young driver, Caleb flicks the butt of his cigar out the window and reaches into his satchel to pull out a bottle of dark rum. Popping the top, the Irraka takes a deep draught.

”Ya mind me askin’ what it is dat ya be dyin’ from in a year?”

Beans
2018-09-07, 07:26 AM
Kyrko frowns. "So like Maximum Overdrive but way worse? Sounds pretty bad. Good thing we have good hunters after 'em, though!" She shouts back as she clings to the woman's waist. "Hope my new pack's that good!"

Ladorak
2018-09-07, 09:43 AM
Kyrko

'Ha! Yeah kinda. The truck stops round here don't have rocket launchers though, I've checked. I'm sure your pack will be fine. Roman risks a lot putting these things together, I'm sure you've all been vetted.'

:xykon:

Caleb

'Don't know man. Family curse, both my older brothers just up and vanished days before their 21st. There's a 1000 different rumours why, but they all say I'm next.'

Daniel

Yeah, well...' Dan doesn't say more, maybe even here he doesn't feel safe talking too harshly and Rachel Snow 'She not a hundred percent wrong. All these packs Roman puts together owe him, if he decided to call in all his markers at once he'd have an army. Never been an Uratha army that I know of.
'Anyway, enough of that. I know the others have said their goodbyes already but we'll miss you Dan. You always have friends in the Lost Moon.'

Sam

'That can wait for the others' Grey Owl rumbles 'I will tell you this, I suspect the last pack to hold that territory were killed by the Pure in violation of the Treaty of Glades. I would not have agreed to sending you out there, but now the Predator Kings have been moved on, driven south by your new neighbours, the Firetouched. They're as much scum as the others but you can trust them to keep their word.'

Carrick

Firewalker barks a harsh laugh 'I get that Carrick, we both lost people. I moved on though, hooked up with Moriarty, found new purpose. I'm glad you're doing that too. I chose Moriarty though, we've got a bigger purpose then "Max said so."
'I don't really know anything about that, sorry. I'm just giving you a lift because Max said so.'

James

He hears the first question but pointedly ignores the second 'Advancements, progress... Yes. But there's so much of it up there.
'We know there are other spirits out there like Gurdilag, although they're spirits different from any the People have ever encountered they're closer to that then anything else. There's been a couple of suspected sightings of these Idigam in North America, a few in Europe, probably more further East but I don't hear much from out there.
'I think they came from up there.' He points up at the heavens 'And I think there's more of them up there. I'm trying to discover what we have to do, or not do, to keep them up there.
'It's slow going, by nature my work relies on long term observations and I'm too often disturbed by Syndicate duties.'

OOC: A note on Xykon; Xykon is here to indicate I plan to close the scene and begin the next one. However this is not a command, if you have anything to add please do so in the next 24 hours and we'll continue the scene to your satisfaction.

Eonn
2018-09-07, 10:13 AM
"I see." Says Jason, taking a moment to think. "Well, you might find something useful one day so good luck!"

Erulasto
2018-09-08, 12:04 AM
"I see." Said Caleb, though he didn't press the issue any longer. Instead, the Irraka took another swig from the bottle of rum he had before sealing it once more and placing it reverently back in his satchell.

The rest of the ride, Caleb remained in silent contemplation.

Bennosuke
2018-09-08, 11:10 AM
Samuel removes a knife and begins cleaning under his fingers. "Firetouched?" he asks casually, "I'm not sure I've heard much about them. You think they will be a problem; new pack trying to hold down their territory and all?" He watches as another car passes on the distant road.

Irrelephant
2018-09-08, 02:10 PM
"Fair enough," Dan nods. "We owe him one for getting us on our feet, but I don't think it'll ever get that far. Thank you for everything, Hook. And even if I was never officially joined the pack, I'll never forget how you guys helped me out. Let me know if there's ever anything I can do."

Ladorak
2018-09-09, 05:16 PM
Scene 2

An isolated road
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/isolated-road-with-nice-sky-with-stars-picture-id496205246?b=1&k=6&m=496205246&s=612x612&w=0&h=t1Vp8pLBQS04MM7xK6YOAbHo84dnYBnENBQTgw3h48g=

From the darkness Sam and Grey Owl watch as the first of the travellers arrives. The Scar Angel giving Kyrko a final wave before roaring away.
'No, you'd not have met the Firetouched. They are of the Pure, one of their three tribes.' He looks sidelong to Sam 'I do not mean to discourage you cub. This is a great opportunity, your new territory will be "Prime Real Estate" as Roman puts it. I'm just worried for you.'
Along the road Caleb had arrived, Morris didn't stop to say goodbye, leaving in a trail of exhaust, dust and thundering music. Kyrko and Caleb are left in the silence to regard each other.
'Like any father. I am proud to see you leave my side and make your own way in the world. Like any father it also fills me with fear. But that is merely the way it must be.'
The others, Dan, Carrick and James soon arrive. They are all abandoned by the wayside with no directions, having nothing to do but wait. As Sam and Grey Owl look on from the shadows they introduce themselves under the pale light of the full moon

I originally planned for you to arrive in groups of two or three as that would be more organic as well as more plausible. However with all the previous scenes wrapped up I thought it best to get you all into this one to keep the pace of the game up.
Please all (Aside from Sam) introduce yourself including physical descriptions

Eonn
2018-09-10, 10:18 AM
"Uh... Hello." Says Jason, still wondering why he was left out in the middle of the road.

Jason is a young man in his late teens. He's about as well groomed as most boy his age are, sporting short brown hair and just the beginnings of peach fuzz growing it. He wears a metal band's tee shirt under a (fake) leather jacket and a pair of worn jeans. He fidgets nervously with his hands and doesn't meet the eyes of the other Uratha. He takes a moment to look into the shadow before saying anything else.

"Alright, so why are we here?"

Beans
2018-09-10, 10:44 AM
"Not for no reason, I can tell you that." A young lady in her mid-20s, Kyrko looks at the other arrivals. Jeans, cardigan, and (nowadays fake) glasses give off the air of an average grad or postgrad. She's far from the first one might pick out in a lineup for "most likely to turn into a horse-sized wolf and rip a car door off". "I guess I can start the name game---I'm Kyrko. It's..." She sighs a little. "It's Swedish for 'church', don't ask."

Daishain
2018-09-10, 04:10 PM
A tall and thin man, in his fifties, and wearing a nice suit speaks up next. "There is to be a new pack young man, look around you, we are to be brothers and sisters. I am Carrick, a storyteller and keeper of wisdom."

Carrick pulls out an intricately carved wooden pipe and busies himself filling the bowl with a sweet smelling mix of tobacco.

Bennosuke
2018-09-10, 05:21 PM
Samuel watches curiously from the shadows as the other pack members arrive. As their scent comes from the wind he sniffs curiously, picking up hints of body odor, deodorant and the comforting musk of Uratha. He listens quietly to Grey Owl's words, doing his best to keep his feelings behind a mask of solemnity. "Thank you," Samuel says, offering a hand to shake, "that does mean a lot." Samuel's grip is firm and steady, eye contact unbroken.

Erulasto
2018-09-11, 02:42 AM
Once out of the sports car, the tall Irraka stretched his legs almost languidly with a wry grin upon his dark countenance. He was sort of handsome, with black skin atop lean muscles, and his hair was worn in long dreadlocks that were tied back into a loose tail.

Glancing around with curious, golden eyes, Caleb pulled a cigar from his satchel after adjusting it over his shoulder and lit it with an old looking brass zippo with a skull-and-crossbones emblazoned on the side. Puffing thoughtfully, he took in Kyrko.

”Nice place ta meet.” Caleb says, Carribean accent thick and very pronounced. ”My name be Caleb. I hunt de loa and keep dem in balance, when needed. You all be da new Pack, hmm?”

The tall, Haitian Irraka was wearing a pair of black slacks and snake-skin cowboy boots, and a long, pin-stripe tuxedo jacket was worn loose over an otherwise bare chest. Around his neck was several thongs, containing small bones, and other knick-knacks, and even what appeared to be a small shrunken head.

When Caleb see’s Carrick pull out his pipe, he steps over to the Cahalith and flicks his zippo open in offering, the cigar held lightly between his teeth as he grins.

Eonn
2018-09-11, 12:00 PM
"Oh, well then... My name is Jason." Says Jason as he fiddles with the zipper dangling from his jacket. It's rather warm with it on, but he's keen on the extra protection it offers. "I help with rites, I know a few myself. What I don't know is why we're here. Like, here here. This just a random place? They want us to chat and make friends as we make out way back to civilization?"

Irrelephant
2018-09-12, 02:45 PM
"Dan," the young Rahu says, giving a slight wave to the others. "Yeah, you'd think we'd get some direction from someone. Maybe whoever was supposed to take charge got caught in traffic? Because if this is just supposed to be a meet and greet, I'd think a place in the city proper would be easier to coordinate."

Ladorak
2018-09-12, 05:32 PM
Sam

'Your new packmates are impatient it seems.' Grey Owl gently growls 'I must go to them. You may remain here for now if you like, continue to observe them, or join me.'

All

A man walks out from the shadows, the group smell him before they hear or see him. Even when sighted he is hard for the eye to track. He seems to blend effortlessly, disappearing in and out shadow as he nonchalantly approaches. He looks like an tired old man dressed like a simple farmer, but none of you are fooled by this for a moment. It is a disguise, a sheep's clothing that barely hides the wolf. He radiates the primal urge, the air about him almost crackles with the silent roar of the barely suppressed beast. Simply being near him is enough to raise the hairs of the back of their necks.
The Colorado locals recognise him by description. He is Grey Owl, a General of sorts during the war against the idigum and a powerful player in the aftermath. He is well respected, and not a little feared by local Forsaken. He smiles, obviously attempting to put you at ease, seemingly not at all concerned by being surrounded and outnumbered. Once he is close they can see him is holding a leather satchel
'Hello all of you' he says 'I hope you have had a chance to get to know each other. If not, look at each other now. You are brothers and sisters. You will fight when they fight, bleed when they bleed, love when they love.
'You may take mates one day, even sire children. They will never understand the bond you will soon share. They can't, they are only human. This is the blessing Luna gave to us and the wolves alone.
'You six are doubly blessed. We call packs lucky enough to have all the Auspices a Blessed Pack because they possess all the aspects Mother Luna blessed us with. You are blessed once gain, this pack represents each of the tribes of the moon, you are the living embodiment of all the possibilities of what we could become.
'Max Roman has chosen you all very carefully. He is a very wise and careful man, I have great faith in you, as does he. Now enough of the speeches.' He holds out the leather satchel to the group 'If I were in your shoes I'd be anxious to get on with it,' He finally stops talking and suddenly the silence is deafening. He simply stands there, waiting for someone to take the satchel.

Eonn
2018-09-12, 06:39 PM
Jason doesn't move to take the satchel, instead his eyes dart between the assembled Uratha. He scowls as he does a mental head count. Did he forget himself? No, he recounted starting with himself and the number was still off. Who was number 6 then?

Bennosuke
2018-09-13, 07:55 AM
Samuel follows Grey Owl to join the others, but makes sure to stand with the new Uratha rather than stand next to the veteran Hunter. He is a lanky looking teenager with hungry eyes and a serious demeanor. Those standing next to Sam may easily detect an odor of the forest as well as unchecked body-odor. He is dressed in a mud caked flannel shirt and well worn denims.

Finding probably the worst moment possible to speak up, he says, "Hey guys. Uh, I'm Samuel Pope. Nice to meet you." He gives an awkward wave at the group as his voice quivers and cracks.

Daishain
2018-09-13, 06:53 PM
With none else stepping forward, Carrick extends his senses into the Hisil, the better to take a look at this thing, and moves up. He takes the satchel gently, and if prompted, opens it.

"With all due respect sir, I must assume that these unusual circumstances are for good reason?"

Irrelephant
2018-09-13, 10:43 PM
Daniel nodes in greetings to the newcomer, but it doesn't seem like the right time to start introductions. He's curious to find out what's in the sack that's so important, but not enough so to reach out for it himself. Hopefully Grey Owl's response to the older man's question will shed some light.

Beans
2018-09-14, 08:07 AM
Kyrko watches the proceedings silently, eyes moving among all participants. She nods to Samuel.

Ladorak
2018-09-14, 08:40 AM
'They are.' Said Grey Owl simply, waiting for Carrick to go through the satchel.
A set of keys
An expensive looking pen
Legal documents with the letterhead Jones, Silver and Wolfe 5 pages long
A much larger binder of documents with the letterhead Rocky Mountain National Park
Two business cards, one for Max Roman and one for Jones, Silver and Wolfe
Three maps, one of Rocky Mountain National Park, one map of the town of Carbondale and this one (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AoDZFSLS_pZH4H8kM1i6jqUT0cRWmBKW)
'Take a moment to look the papers over, then sign. You will be the proud owners of a house and a plot of land ten miles south west of Carbondale, this will be the heart of your new territory.' He waits as the papers are passed around the group. Four members of the group, Caleb, James, Kyrko and Carrick, have received enough formal education or accumulated enough experience of such things to make sense of the legal terminology.* They are impeccably drawn up and do exactly what Grey Owl says they will, no hidden strings attached. All of the pack are listed as co-owners, even the minors, although pseudonyms have been provided for those pack members with no legal identity.
I know there is a locus there, although I do not know it's strength or nature. The house was last owned by Francis Thurston, Alpha of the Bone Shadow pack Flickers-Of-Fate. They disappeared in the aftermath of the defeat of Guldilag. He shudders at the memory the name alone still conjures. Carrick and James know the name although neither met them. More mysterious than most Bone Shadows, Flickers-Of-Fate were known for being insular hill people, generally regarded as strange even among their tribefolk 'No neighbouring pack has attempted to claim the territory since, still dealing with the aftermath of the war in their own territory.
'So here is your opportunity. You will own the house, free and clear and everything inside it. The house has passed from Thurston's heir to Max Roman to you. It's property tax has been paid for the year and all arrangements for occupation have been made with Rocky Mountain National Park. The rest will be up to you.'
By now the papers have been passed around the entire group, if any refused to sign this would be the time to say so.
*OOC: Have Academics skill

Eonn
2018-09-14, 10:37 AM
Jason's eyes fall on the newcomer as he steps from the shadows. That would be number 6, though the teen wondered why he didn't appear earlier.

As the papers got passed around, Jason excitedly pours over the maps. "Our own territory!" He says, thrilled. "And... our own house even! This is great! Let's go right now, I want to see what the house is like! Then, I know this great rite that'll help us secure the territory, so we can do that right after."

Daishain
2018-09-14, 10:40 AM
Carrick signed with little hesitation. If Roman wanted this thing done, then it would be done. But still more needed to be asked, "what is our purpose here? If it is to simply fill a void, this seems to be an unusual method."

Erulasto
2018-09-15, 12:52 AM
Caleb lets his bright eyes wander across those gathered. An eclectic bunch, to be sure – but in his experience, those in a Pack were often the strangest of bedfellows.

The tall Irraka took a moment to offer his hand to each in turn, a wide grin splitting his face. He smelled of cigar smoke, rum and some cloying odor that had a spicy edge to it. Caleb pauses when his eyes fall on Jason, and the Irraka grins wolfishly at the young man.

”Ya got da stink of da loa on you. We gonna get along just fine.”

Turning to Grey Owl as he takes the contract when Carrick was done with it, Caleb pauses for just a moment.
”Max Roman be putting a lot of work into dis Pack. What is it dat he wants?” Caleb asks as he takes the pen, and glances over the contracts briefly. He signs his name with a simple scrawl, muttering as he does so.

Ladorak
2018-09-15, 05:59 AM
Grey Owl smiles and nods as each of you sign 'Max Roman expects no more of you than any other pack in the area. He has given you a house, a place to start and room to grow, more of a chance than many packs get. But, as he would say, if you screw it up you will lose not only this opportunity but also his favour and generosity. He doesn't care about the money, but it will cost him politically if you fail.
'As any other pack you are expected to tend to the Shadow, maintain good relations with each other and patrol the boundary.
'I shall speak of the boundary shortly, but it is a long story. Is there anything else you want to ask before I move on to that?'

Erulasto
2018-09-15, 06:33 AM
”Da trappings of dis world are little tings.” Caleb says, eyeing Grey Owl curiously. ”What sort of deals did he have to make to get us together?”

The Irraka takes another long drag on his cigar, before tapping some ash off into the dirt beside him.

”I be good. Tell me about dis boundary.”

Beans
2018-09-15, 09:01 AM
Kyrko steps closer, watching everybody. The whole house thing is... quite a situation. "This is a considerable investment on his part. Not that I'm ungrateful, mind." She smiles a little, though it's a little wry. "Clearly he sees potential in us, so we'd better work together."

Bennosuke
2018-09-15, 09:12 AM
With little chance to get to know the group, Samuel moved to the back where he could watch the others. He listened to Grey Owl with interest and hesitation, and read the maps as they were handed to them. As the group talked about Roman's purpose for them he swallowed the urge to snort with derision.

Finding a moment to chime in, Samuel asks, "So what are our neighbors like? We have territory, and it has borders. We'll tend our grounds, but what do we need to keep out?" There is murder in the man's voice, and frustration in his eyes.

Ladorak
2018-09-17, 07:11 AM
Speaking to Caleb Grey Owl replies 'That I do not know, what it cost him. Max is probably the only one who does.
'Your new neighbours are distant from the house, there is a lot of unclaimed territory between you and them. The nearest two packs live side by side together about eight miles south. The Tattersouls and Relay-Howls, both Hunters-In-Darkness. I don't know the exact boundary of their territory but you will have to expand southward for some distance before you hit it. North of Carbondale you'll find more Hunters and Bone Shadows in the mountains, the closest to you will be the Three Sisters Pack roughly 15 miles north-east of Carbondale on the outskirts of Glenwood Springs. The Red Knives, Blood Talons, are somewhere out to the West but they're a secretive lot so I don't know more than that. The Scar Angels also claim the highways as their territory.
'There are no Forsaken in Carbondale. I suggest you start there, urban spirits are more likely to misbehave, in my experience, and they've had years without supervision. I expect you'll find the nature spirits surrounding your home more pliable. Guldilag's corruption reached this far but didn't do anywhere near the harm it did elsewhere. Plus generally nature spirits are less likely to change, and more opposed to it. Their resonance is not shaped by man's perspective and so they are more easily predicted.'

He falls silently for a moment, quietly eyeing the rest of the pack, pointedly ignoring Sam's angry gaze 'As I already said an additional duty is expected of you, aside from your loyalty to the Oaths of the Moon. You are not alone in this, it is expected of all Forsaken that live within fifty miles of the Eye of the Storm.
'Here we have a very unusual relationship with the Pure. I know some of you already know this, I ask your patience as not all here are Colorado natives. During Guldilag's reign a Pure pack, She-Shimmers, came to the aid of a Forsaken pack defending a Glade. Not all Pure packs revere Glades but those that do consider them as sacred as we do.
'This set a precedent which by the time Guldilag was defeated had become a custom. Of course with Guldilag gone both sides started preparing for the resumption of the Brethren Wars, but so much shared blood had been spilt to protect the sacred places of the wilds it seemed almost sacrilegious to battle over them. It also seemed unbelievably petty to prevent packs for visiting the place their kin had died to protect.
'So the Treaty of Glades was agreed. A nebulous and vague agreement littered with holes and loopholes that left both sides unsatisfied and which may yet prove to be a terrible mistake for the Protectorate. Specific agreements were arranged for each Glade as part of a negotiation throughout the whole State. In this case the Pure were granted access to the Eye of the Storm in exchange for the Forsaken having access to Midsummer Dream atop Blanca Peak deep in Predator King territory.
As part of that agreement a border was established between Carbondale and Redstone along the 133. Forsaken don't go east of it, Pure don't go west of it unless they are travelling one particular road, the road that leads to the Eye of the Storm. You find them off that road you kill them if you can, report back to Max Roman immediately. Your far more likely to pick up their scent though, some thing applies. Track them and kill them if you can, report back immediately. Any violation could be a single pack pursuing prey across the border or the start of the second Brethren Wars.
'Redstone is considered a neutral location, both sides have agreed not to interfere unless absolutely necessary. The Town Spirit is unusually powerful for a settlement that size and it keeps the area in harmony. Both sides may visit the town but no hostilities may take place. There is no agreement in place for Carbondale, Max Roman has reached out to his opposite number in the Pure seeking clarification, but has received no answer. We suspect they don't know themselves what they want to do there.
'So, in short, you are expected to patrol the sixteen mile boundary regularly and that is why you have met each other here. This is part of the boundry, down this road you'll find a side road almost in ruins, that leads to the Eye of the Storm.'

Eonn
2018-09-17, 11:45 PM
Ladorak, would you mind annotating the map with the approximate locations of things, like the house, the old road to the glade and the glade itself? It's cool that you gave us the distances IC, but without a scale on the map it's hard to tell what's where.

Jason eagerly drinks all the new information in. "Wow." He says in amazement. "So we're supposed to stay to the west of 188? Weird, it seems like the pure have a lot more urban areas than we do. Do you know anything about the pure packs on the other side of the highway? It seems like Carbondale will be the flash point for any conflict though, that or the road to the glade. It seems like we're lucky though, this territory only has one contested border whether secured by a pact to not."

Bennosuke
2018-09-18, 08:01 PM
Samuel raises an eyebrow at the one named Jason. This was an insightful question, and he looked forward to hearing the answer.

Irrelephant
2018-09-18, 10:59 PM
"You mention the Scar Angels are holding the highways as well, should we expect any help or trouble from that front? Or will we just see them coming down along 133 from time to time?"

Ladorak
2018-09-19, 04:36 PM
'Both good questions.' says the old Uratha nodding. 'But you shouldn't think of this border so grandly Jason. This is one of a number of small arrangements. Generally Forsaken and Pure are flooding the State and outside of the area around the Glades it's open warfare. Atop that a lot of this land is unexplored, there could be a dozen Pure packs a hundred miles west of the 133 we don't know about and they could have arrived days ago or years ago. Do not think yourself safe behind a defended line.'[b]
[b]'The Scar Angels are nomadic, you may see them but not often and not for long.' He takes a deep breath 'We've always believed the Pure were one cohesive force, the treaty has given us a chance to look behind the curtain. We have seen something of their workings and the cracks between them. They are more unified than us, but not as much as they have led us to believe.
'We don't know much about the specifics, they take great care to hide that but there's the scent trail of four packs on their side of the road.'
He falls silent for a time but somehow the pack could tell he wasn't done. Considering each word carefully he finally continued. 'Recently something too big for them to hide happened, the Pure went to war with each other. Just in this area, we have no idea why. The Hunters-In-Darkness and Predator Kings have fought over these mountain ranges for hundreds of years. Six months ago the Firetouched came from all over the State and attacked the Predator Kings in a frenzy. There used to be six Predator King packs, now only two survive, one badly mauled, and they have fled south. It wasn't about territory, most of the Firetouched left immediately afterwards. Those that remain hold the territory east of here now. The Firetouched are religious fanatics, very dangerous. But they cannot lie, as stupid as it sounds. It's like a Spirit's Ban to them, they think it makes them better than us. It also makes them the ideal enemy to have on a border of this nature.'

OOC: I was thinking the same about the map. I shall provide one soon.

Eonn
2018-09-19, 06:37 PM
"Hmm, so the Pure are new to the area as well. Sounds like fun!" Jason says cheerfully. "Now I want to see this house. Is there anything else we have to do here, or is it just supposed to be a meeting point on the edge of our new territory."

Bennosuke
2018-09-19, 08:26 PM
Samuel runs a dirty hand through even dirtier hair and says, "So the Firetouched organized a gigantic raid, but didn't stay to hold the territory? Is that land neutral now, or is it held by the last remaining Predator Kings?" There was opportunity for the new pack here. The piece of history made little sense to Samuel, and so he added, "Did we have any luck investigating what happened between the two Pure packs; why this all went down?"

Daishain
2018-09-19, 09:45 PM
Carrick lets the others talk for the moment, puffing on his pipe. They're doing a good job of asking the questions that need asking so far, might as well leave them to it.

Ladorak
2018-09-20, 08:25 AM
'We have no idea why. It was obviously an affair between two tribes, yet none of that hostility carried over to the rest of the State, as far as we know. We're assuming it's some local matter. It's assumed at least a dozen packs were involved in the attack. We don't know how many packs remained, at least four, all Firetouched, they hold that territory now. What remains of the Kings fled south of Capital Peak and disappeared.'

OOC: First decision for the group. Even in wolf form the walk to the house is gonna take a couple hours. It's also very late.
Do you want to visit the Eye of the Storm or begin the journey to your new home?

Eonn
2018-09-20, 10:01 AM
Jason listens, mentally noting down important details. Despite this, he's loosing his focus on the conversation as him imagination turns towards the house. He grew up in a foster home with many children, and later spent much of his time helping in the war, so he's never had a home before; even if he has to share it with people he is just now meeting. Finding the locus and visiting the glade would come later, he wants to see the house now.

Ladorak
2018-09-23, 09:55 AM
Scene 3

Grey Owl takes his leave, sharing a significant last lingering look at Sam but no special parting remarks. Instead he wishes you all well and begs Luna's protection for you all.
There is some deliberation but eventually the pack decides to begin it's journey homeward, the Eye could wait until they trod this road again.
Even in Urhan the walk will take hours and, as far as you can tell from the maps, the house will be almost impossible to find unless you follow the road.
So you travel north up the 133. Along the journey the spirit wilds are kept in good harmony, you can tell many Forsaken walk this road. Everything is as it should be, the area radiates rightness and puts you all somewhat at ease in unfamiliar company. Occasionally you pick up the urine marking of another pack, instinctively memorising the smell for the future.
The pack have some time to get to know each other as they follow the road to their new home. However their interaction is interrupted roughly an hour into their journey as they approach a gas station.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/8/7135/7607398604_8484e86c23_b.jpg

At first nothing seems amiss. It's quiet, only a single customer at the pumps gassing up his car. A few more inside and a tired looking cashier reading a book. But as you approach you notice something is amiss. The man gassing up his man is acting strangely, at first he had some difficulty getting the nozzle in and you think nothing of it. But by the time you are closer, at the edge of the blinding light, he is attempted to operate the pay point and something is clearly wrong. He is simply going through his wallet trying every card in there. You can see a library card, a work ID, a drivers licence, each one swiped through the card reader and, when rejected, cast aside to the floor.

Eonn
2018-09-23, 10:46 AM
Jason, whether or not he was the first to witness the oddity, hesitates to speak up. Could this be one of the Driven they were told of, influencing the man's actions? Or maybe he was just drugged up to the point he didn't remember which card he used to pay for things. Remembering his training, he looks into the shadows hoping to find some clarity. It's a shame, though, he was really enjoying romping around as a Urhan too.

Bennosuke
2018-09-24, 04:29 PM
he man gassing up his man is acting strangely

That does sound pretty darn strange!!! Sorry, couldn't help myself.

As the pack approaches the scene, Sam allows himself to find a shadow to fall back into. The man's oddity was obvious to all, and so Sam was going to do his best to figure out what was going on.

First Sam sends his senses into The Shadow, attempting to see if there is any form of meddling from the other side of The Gauntlet. If he feels hidden enough, he will transition to Urhan

(OOC: Not sure what rolls you will want for the observation, but I will roll Dex + Stealth (feel free to add modifiers as needed) to see if Sam can find a hidden spot to transform). [roll0] and 10 again [roll1]

Well, similar to the other game I am playing, my first roll is phenomenal, which foreshadows a game of miserable rolls. But that's 5 for an exceptional :smallwink: )

Daishain
2018-09-25, 05:55 PM
"Well now, that is interesting, we might have a claimed on our hands, someone ought to approach them, see how they react."

Carrick looks around for the most likely route of escape should the other flee on foot and meanders in that direction by a roundabout route.

He too extends his senses into the hisil and observes as best he can.

Erulasto
2018-09-26, 01:16 AM
”I be havin’ little to do with de Pure before today. But if dis is da situation, den so be it.” Caleb muses, finally stubbing his cigar out and grinding the butt into the ground with the heel of his snake-skin cowboy boots.

”De fact dey are fighting with each other be a true concern…” Caleb says, scratching his chin thoughtfully. I assume noone asked dem what de fight was about?” Not that Caleb was complaining, really, but if it was contributing to the imbalance of the region, it was best to know of. ”Seems like it would be worth knowing.”

When they make it to the gas station, Caleb lingers near the periphery of the newly formed Pack. He’s not keen to take the lead, but he peers about the area curiously before slipping back just to linger on the edge of the gas station’s light.

Dex 2 + Stealth 3 to hide in the shadows! OoooOoOoh!

[roll0]

Ladorak
2018-09-26, 12:11 PM
No rolls are required to transform etc in the shadows. It's very dark. However Benno I'll assume that roll was for getting close enough to have a good look at the guy without being spotted.

Neither the senses of Spirit or wolf detect anything odd about the man. There's no smell of alcohol or similar intoxication, nor is their any sign of Spirit predation in the hisil, however if Carrick's theory is correct and this is a Spirit-Ridden there would be no sign in the hisil as the Spirit would be on this side of the Gauntlet.
Using the skills that had kept him alive in his youth Sam creeps up to the man, skulking behind the car. The others watch on, marvelling to see how close the large wolf had gotten to the oblivious man. Inside the car Sam sees camping gear for several people and a large dog sleeping in the trunk. Up close the man still seems normal, until he finds a cash card and the pump comes to life. As the man turns from the pay point Sam gets a good look at his eyes, or rather where his eyes should be.
Behind his eye lashes and lids there is nothing but brackish liquid impossibly suspended. The water is not even still, seemingly still subject to gravity it falls like a waterfall behind his eye sockets.

Eonn
2018-09-26, 09:00 PM
Jason whimpers. Things were so much easier when there was someone who could act as leader, and call the shots. Right now, it seems like the fledgling pack is all waiting for another one to take charge. What if Jason took lead here? He had never thought of himself as a leader, but he was never more than a temporary member of a pack before. What would the other alphas do? He thinks only for a moment before the answer becomes clear. Figure out what they're up against, and Jason sure does know a lot about spirits.

Can I make an int+occult roll to see what I know about what's going on here?

That's 6 dice for me, or seven because I'm assuming the specialty of spirits applies here. I also have 9-again on this roll.

[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3][roll4][roll5][roll6]

Explosion rolls:
[roll7][roll8][roll9][roll10][roll11][roll12][roll13]

Also, how do you set it so the roller show the result of each individual roll when you roll several dice together?

Well, that's a horrible group of rolls but 2 sux is 2 sux.

Ladorak
2018-09-27, 12:29 PM
Barring the possibility this is something outside of his experience Jason is 90% sure this is a Claimed. It would explain the behaviour and appearance. When a human is Ridden for too long the spirit and flesh become permanently bonded. At this point the human cannot be saved, effectively they are already dead. This is arguably the worst possible crime a spirit can commit. Given enough time a spirit can acclimate to human life, this one is obviously fairly new.

Eonn
2018-09-27, 11:05 PM
Jason's muzzle twists as he tries to get out the right words in the speech limiting Urhan form.

"Enemy, him." He growls in the First Tongue. "Kill."

Bennosuke
2018-09-29, 11:18 AM
On nimble padded paws, Sam returns to the new pack. In a low and throaty First Tongue Sam growls, “Definitely not human. There are rivers of dark water flowing in its eyes. And it fumbles about like a puppet.” He pauses for a moment to sniff the wind before adding, “We should be cautious before just attacking and make sure there will be no bystandards... or backup.”

Daishain
2018-09-29, 07:37 PM
Carrick simply nods and continues prowling around, looking for any beings that might observe the violence about to take place.

Eonn
2018-09-30, 11:49 AM
"The hunt begins." says Jason, as he raises his head an lets loose a long howl.

"Hold." He watches, waiting for the Claimed to either flee in his vehicle or otherwise depart using it. He then calls forth a gift which will deliver the spirit into the claws and fangs of his pack.

Ithaeur's Spirit Howl at Wisdom 2
Once per chapter, the character can let
out a howl that, while silent in the Flesh, reverberates through
the Shadow. Spirits of lower Rank than the werewolf flee the
area, hide, or go dormant, while more powerful spirits avoid
the werewolf out of deference. Spirits that are actively allied
with the werewolf’s pack or tribal totem might even come
to his aid, though the Ithaeur shouldn’t ever count on that.
Only spirits that are outright hostile to the pack do not show
deference, though their Defense is penalized by the werewolf’s
Wisdom Renown. This howl does not require a roll, but does
require the player to spend a point of Essence.

Iron Slave Gift
IRON SLAVE (WISDOM)
This Facet forces even snarling beasts of iron and gears
to heel and to bear the Uratha’s spirit.
Cost: 1 Essence
Dice Pool: Wits + Crafts + Wisdom
Action: Instant
Duration: 1 scene
This Facet can be used on a single mechanical vehicle
or other piece of significant engineering (such as a crane,
production line, or similar) that the Uratha can see.
Roll Results
Dramatic Failure: The Uratha gains the Ban Condition.
She wishes to venerate machines of the type targeted, and will
try to lay offerings to their spirits or paint them with glyphs
that honor them.
Failure: The Facet fails.
Success: The Uratha immerses her senses into the machine,
and is able to perceive its surroundings. She can allow
the machine or vehicle to continue its operation as normal,
or can directly take control of it. While riding the machine,
she has only the vaguest perception with her own senses and
appears to be in a daze or sleeping. Returning to her own
senses takes an instant action and ends the Facet. Should the
vehicle or machine be destroyed while the Uratha is riding it,
she is ejected back into her own body and treats it as a breaking
point towards Spirit. If the Uratha dies while she is riding, the
fragment of her spirit becomes subsumed into the machine
and may create a unique and bizarre Claimed.
Exceptional Success: The Uratha remains fully aware of
her own surroundings.

Roll @ 8 dice
[roll0]
Explosion Dice
[roll1]

Bennosuke
2018-10-01, 10:41 AM
Sam's fur bristles at his packmate's ethereal howl, right ear twitching twice. He takes a few padded slinking strides towards the thing, still remaining in the shadows.

Ladorak
2018-10-01, 12:20 PM
OOC: Eonn what do you intend to do with the car? He is not currently in it. Do you intend to wait until he's in the car? Additionally do you intend to wait until he's in the car to howl?

Eonn
2018-10-01, 11:07 PM
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm going to allow him to drive the car a short distance normally, before taking control of it when he's in an empty stretch of road. I'm going to lock him in then and pull the car over, allowing the rest of the pack to catch up to him and jump him away from any humans or security cameras.

The howl lasts a whole scene, so it doesn't matter when I do it. I probably need to do it before activating Iron Slave though.

Ladorak
2018-10-03, 04:21 AM
IC

As the pack prowl about in the shadows, mere feet away from their unsuspecting prey, they silently communicate to each other, coordinating the ambush to come with an instinctive understanding of each other that went beyond language. Uratha were made to hunt together, it was bred into the blood and the bone.
With the nozzle now pumping the Claimed turns away from the car and slowly looks in a circle about him into the darkness, looking directly at each of the pack in turn, but seeing none of them. The air thrums with tension, all is quiet aside from the hum of insects off to both sides of the road.
That silence is shattered when 4 people, men and women all young adults, exit the store talking excitedly. All of them have their arms overloaded with snack foods. There is nothing evidently wrong with them but they are making their way to the only car a the furl pumps, the Claimed's car.
Inside the store the curious cashier watches them go from out the window.

Daishain
2018-10-03, 06:51 AM
Carrick tenses, too many eyes, far too many. But the claimed must not escape.

Hmm, this is a tricky one. I would suggest following and trying again later, but we can't keep up with the car and don't have the resources to track it down by license plate. Anyone have an idea to change the equation here?

Ladorak
2018-10-03, 07:25 AM
OOC: It's very isolated and very dark here. Right now the cashier can see everything, but if you stall the car a couple hundred yards down the road he won't be able to see a thing. You'll still have to be fairly quiet about it.
There's always the possibility of a car driving down the road, but you've been on this road a while now and the traffic is very infrequent.
If everyone is in agreement with Eonn's plan I will move the scene on to that point

Eonn
2018-10-03, 10:37 AM
The best I got is after shutting the car down, you guys show up and grab the claimed. Then, I drive the family away before you wolf out and kill him. They'll likely call the police as I control their car, but by the time the police arrive they'll only find a man drug into the woods by a large canine who later died to multiple bite wounds. Once the car is far enough away, I'll return to my body and meet back up with the pack.

Erulasto
2018-10-04, 04:55 AM
Caleb had watched the Claimed intently, eyes narrowed in displeasure. The thing was an abomination and it needed to be dealt with, though the arrival of the humans had certainly complicated matters.

Still staying just out of sight, the Irraka allowed himself to shift into the massive, black-furred Urshul form.

He was prepared to run and hunt down the car as it left. That seemed to be what most of the others were thinking.

Ladorak
2018-10-05, 08:51 AM
With a plan quickly agreed the pack make their way down the road to await the Claimed. The car is facing north and so they assume it's path and wait in ambush, they are not disappointed. They wait in the brush beside the road shielded from the headlights of the car, their blinding spotlights the only illumination in the inky night.
With their keen senses the pack can hear voices over the approaching engine, three or four talking, all saying variations on the same thing.

Going away
Go faster
Gotta get away!
We'll be safe soon

As the car approaches the ambush the engine dies out as planned and the car comes to a stop surrounded by Uratha lurking in the shadows. The group, unsuspecting of the danger, curse the car. The driver, the Claimed, starts to open the door.

Bennosuke
2018-10-07, 02:23 PM
Before pouncing, Sam is once more going to cast his senses into The Shadow to survey the Claimed, the car/car spirit, and the surroundings of the ambush.

(OOC: Perception=Wits (3) + Composure (3)=6d10 [roll0] and 10 again [roll1])

Daishain
2018-10-07, 04:18 PM
The lean, silver furred wolf known as Carrick tenses, waiting for the moment it is too late for the prey to get back within his vehicle. Not that it would present a significant obstacle, but if they could avoid tearing the thing to pieces, so much the better.

Ladorak
2018-10-08, 10:37 AM
Claimed are in the world of Flesh and so do not 'show up' in the hisil, but Sam can sense that the car's spirit is unawakened and that the area around the ambush is clear of awakened spirits. The forest is in harmony, the spirits are dormant.

Roll init please

Eonn
2018-10-08, 01:07 PM
Initiative roll [roll0]

Not sure how much actual fighting I'll be doing this time though, with me being a car right now and everything. Vroom vroom.

Bennosuke
2018-10-08, 09:03 PM
Trying his best to embrace the pain that comes with shifting form into Dalu. Bones stretch and lengthen dragging muscles and tendons till they tear, only to regrow. A mix of ruddy red and brown fur sprouts, lubricated by sticky blood as they tear through his skin in a horrid hirsuit pattern.

With the pain comes the sensation of power that comes with this new form, and Samuel's heart begins racing with the anticipation of the hunt and the kill.

Initiative 6 + [roll0]
EDIT: Sum=12

Eonn
2018-10-12, 12:12 PM
I don't want to call this dead, but where is everyone? I'd hate to see this whole thing die because we're waiting on a few people to roll initiative. So what happens now?

Daishain
2018-10-12, 02:16 PM
I don't know, I had assumed that we were waiting on those who have not declared an opening position, but now I'm not sure what's going on

Erulasto
2018-10-14, 03:33 AM
My apologies for waiting on me. :smallblush: I beg forgiveness!! I've been so scattered lately.

[roll0]

Caleb growls, low in his throat, as the Claimed begins to slip from the vehicle. The Irraka readies himself to pounce to attack, though for the moment he remains in the periphery, with the intention of either flanking the poor, spirit-ridden human or cut him off it the fool tries to flee.

Ladorak
2018-10-15, 05:57 AM
Init order:

Jason: 15
Sam: 13
Carrick: 10 (rolled for you)
Claimed: 9
Caleb: 7

IC: The Claimed steps out of the car muttering under it's breath. Inside the other 4 remain silent and still but the dog stirs and looks about from the trunk.

Eonn
2018-10-15, 10:56 AM
Looks like I'm up first then.

As soon as the claimed man steps out of the car, Jason slams the door behind him and locks the vehicle up. The engine roars back to life as he seizes complete control over the vehicle before peeling out and gunning it down the road, leaving the claimed alone with the pack.

Bennosuke
2018-10-15, 03:24 PM
As the Claimed's car drops away, Sam charges the abomination, claws hungry for flesh.

OOC: If possible will move up to the Claimed and attack unarmed. Str (2+1 for Dalu) + Brawl 1=4- Defense. Not knowing defense, here is my roll [roll0] and 10 again [roll1]

EDIT: Mwamwa. Oh well :smallbiggrin:

Daishain
2018-10-16, 06:16 PM
Carrick moves in, biting for the claimed's ankles, hoping to drag the possessed corpse to the ground.

Str+brawl+1 for wolf form [roll0]
grapple [roll1]
ten again [roll2]

Ladorak
2018-10-17, 02:27 PM
The car suddenly roars to life leaving the people inside screaming as they leave their fellow behind, he shouts incoherently in alarm, but that was nothing to the sounds t started making when Sam came out of the shadows.
Recognising the Uratha it nimbly dodges aside his attack and turns away running, straight into Carrick. The bite doesn't do much damage, barely grazing the flesh, but the attack is enough to stop him in his tracks. Carrick can taste dirty water leaking from the wound into his mouth.

OOC: The Claimed does not act in the surprise round. It takes 1 damage from carrick and is grappled.

Erulasto
2018-10-18, 04:15 AM
With Sam and Carrick already on the attack, Caleb allows himself a small measure of satisfaction. This pack of his was fiery and passionate in their enforcement of the Laws that govern the Uratha. That would serve them well in policing the Shadow of their new territory.

When the Claimed was suddenly rumbling with Carrick, Caleb finally leapt forward. The thing wasn’t likely to make it past the others, so it was as good a time as any to strike.

Black-as-pitch fur twisted and moved as he dashed from the periphery of the fight where he had lingered, veering to come at the Claimed from behind. Caleb’s powerful jaws went for the back of one knee, seeking to cripple it and prevent escape.

Strength 5 + Brawl 3 (+2 Bite Specialization) – 2 for Called Target (Leg)

[roll0]

Bite +2L damage
If the damage of the hit is greater than the target’s stamina, the target receives the Leg Wrack condition.

Eonn
2018-10-18, 10:01 AM
Despite wishing he were at the fight, Jason keeps the car moving away. He's on the constant lookout for a place to stop the car, where hopefully it'll keep the humans inside from immediately turning around and coming back to try to help.

Ladorak
2018-10-19, 08:35 AM
IC: Caleb finds his mouth full of stale water just as Carrick had, the Claimed bellows in rage and pain and thrashes about, desperation given physical form. With fangs embedded into both of it's legs it slowly topples. It was almost too easy.

From down the road comes the sudden and unexpected crash of broken glass, closer then any of you are prepared for. Whirling to discover the source of the noise you see a monstrosity, the dog in the back of the car has burst forth through the truck's window. Unobscured you can now see the dog is also Spirit Ridden. It opens it's jaws impossibly wide to reveal four shining sets of serrated teeth and emits a noise that sounds distantly like a dog barking. Behind that beast come 3 humans, all of whom have thrown themselves out of the car's windows. The way they approach and the way they look at the pack let's you know these are more than mere humans.

OOC: the claimed's defence is 4 , thus far I have been removing the LAST 4 dice rolled. caleb inflicts 1 damage

New init order:
Jason: 15
Sam: 13
Claimed #2: 12
Dog claimed: 12
Carrick: 10
Claimed #1: 9
Caleb: 7
Claimed #3: 5
Claimed #4: 4

Eonn
2018-10-19, 10:24 AM
With his passengers bailing out of the car, Jason realizes that getting them clear from the fight may not be the most important thing he can do. He slams on his brakes and turns around, now a living battering ram. He then slams down his accelerator aiming for the claimed that had just bailed out, and avoiding the one already in melee.

Did I post before I should have? Oops.

What kind of roll should I make for this?

Bennosuke
2018-10-19, 11:46 AM
Frustration boiling, Sam growls, "Hold him still Carrick". Once the abomination has been immobilized, Sam will sink razor sharp claws into the man's gut.

Waiting till after Daishain's turn to allow him to perform the Hold maneuver. Regardless of how this pays off, will then perform all out attack for +2 dice. Assuming the Ridden loses his defense this will be 6d10 [roll0]

Daishain
2018-10-19, 11:58 AM
Concerned about this new development, Carrick's form ripples as he surges up in mass. Digging his teeth into the man's ankle, he puts his weight just above the knee to forestall attempts to get up.

Grapple is already started, so I don't think I need to use an action for the upcoming grapple contest to Hold the guy. If I do, and I need to spend an Essence to shift up to Urshul more quickly, let me know.
Grapple, str+brawl+2 from Urshul [roll1]
ten again [roll0]
All righty then, looks like I've go a shot if the opposing grapple check doesn't go well.

Ladorak
2018-10-20, 04:19 AM
OOC: I know I've seen it somewhere but I can't find the rules on car collusion/wrecks. I'm gonna say the car attacks with 5 strength, plus your Drive skill if you had any, so 5 dice. Who are you trying to run over though? They don't all have the same defence rating. You can choose the dog or human claimed 2-4
To maintain the turn order Erulasto could you hold off on your turn for now? Also Carrick and Sam's action hasn't happened yet, although it will stand.
I had originally said there were 4 additional humans, but I've toned this encounter down because of the drop outs, so pretend there were always 4 humans total.

Eonn
2018-10-20, 09:47 AM
I got no drive, so looks like I'm rolling 4d10. I'll aim for whichever one is closest.

[roll0]

Explosions: [rollv[4d10[/rollv]

1 sux. I'm not sure what damage rating a car is, but I hit.

Erulasto
2018-10-22, 03:26 AM
OOC: I know I've seen it somewhere but I can't find the rules on car collusion/wrecks. I'm gonna say the car attacks with 5 strength, plus your Drive skill if you had any, so 5 dice. Who are you trying to run over though? They don't all have the same defence rating. You can choose the dog or human claimed 2-4
To maintain the turn order Erulasto could you hold off on your turn for now? Also Carrick and Sam's action hasn't happened yet, although it will stand.
I had originally said there were 4 additional humans, but I've toned this encounter down because of the drop outs, so pretend there were always 4 humans total.

Absolutely. :smallbiggrin:

Ladorak
2018-10-22, 11:37 AM
'We will never go back!' Cries one of the 'humans,' moments before the car reverses into him. There's a sickening thud as the Claimed bounces off the trunk and rolls over the top of the car, but it doesn't sound like flesh breaking on steel, instead the sound is akin to what happens if you strike a metal bar with a rock. It lands in a crumpled hemp but pushes itself to it's feet, one of it's legs is twisted in an unnatural position but it doesn't seem to slow the Claimed down as it charges at Sam and Carrick with the hound Claimed right on it's heels.

Carrick and Sam tear the original Claimed apart like a wishbone. Each tugging at a leg until the former-human splits in two. Instead of blood an impossible torrent of dirty water gushes forth with incredible pressure, soaking everything within a six foot radius.

Bloodhound:
[rollv]4d10/rollv] (9-5)
10-again
[rollv]4d10/rollv]
Stone Claimed:
[rollv]3d10/rollv] (8-5)
10-again
[rollv]4d10/rollv]
Rolled in OOC:

Before Carrick and Sam can recover from the unexpected drenching the two Claimed are on top of them. The once-dog smashes into Sam's flank, sinking it's four rows of teeth deep into the Uratha's side. The other swings a fist at Carrick that connects as if it were made of stone.

OOC: The Stone Claimed takes 2 damage from the car
Claimed 1 is dead
The Stone Claimed deals 1 damage to Carrick
The Dog Claimed deals 4 damage to Sam
Caleb is up

Erulasto
2018-10-23, 12:24 AM
With the taste of the stale water still upon his tongue, Caleb turns and leaps towards the Claimed in the body of the dog. His powerful jaws sought to tear the smaller canine to shreds for daring to not simply submit and die before the Uratha.

Strength 5 + Brawl 3 (+2 Bite Specialization)

[roll0]

Bite +2L damage

Ladorak
2018-10-23, 10:29 AM
Caleb leaps to the attack, tearing a chunk out of the hound's side, although it doesn't seem to notice, remaining entirely focused on the red stream now leaking from Sam's side, slavouring all the while.
Unlike the other Claimed it's substance is reassuringly fleshy, Caleb's fangs rend skin, muscle and bone and bright red blood pours out. As Caleb twists his head to tear away a mouthful a thick gob of some dark jelly-like substance sails over his face, mere inches from his eyes.
It lands near Carrick's feet, giving him the chance to identify the substance as fish eggs. Before he can remark on this he is hit by a powerful blast of wind and feathers, buffeting him and threatening to force him from his feet.

The Blood hound has a defence of six and therefore takes 1+2L damage from Caleb's attack.

One of the Claimed uses Down Spiral (Modified version of Hypnotic Gaze) on Carrick
The other uses blinding spray on Caleb

Down Spiral: Presence + Persuasion contested by Composure + Persuasion +Primal Urge. If successful will immobilise (Although may still apply defence) for 1 turn per 2 successes (minimum of 1 turn).
[roll0]
10 again
[roll1]

Blinding spray: 4 (Dexterity) + 3 (Athletics) -3 (Targeted) + 2 (power rank) - 5 (defence) = 1
[roll2]

The attack against Caleb missed. New turn, Eonn is up, Daishain plz make the contested roll above, you're going up against 4 successes

Bennosuke
2018-10-23, 05:01 PM
Letting his anger at the Claimed dog fuel him, Sam shifts up to Gauru. Essence burns like a deep breath of smoke in Sam's chest, forcing him to growl as his body contorts and grows. The wounds from the hound begin pulling and sealing on their own as Sam transforms. Finally in control of his new body, Sam releases his pain and rage on the pathetic claimed dog.

Sam burns an essence and shifts to Gauru reflexively. All lethal damage should heal. Due to primal fear the hound's defense may be lowered to just it's primary attribute. Attack roll Str (2+3 for Gauru=5) + Brawl 1+ All out attack 2 -5 Defense (lowered since Caleb just attacked)= 3d10. Because of Primal Fear mentioned above, I will roll a few extra dice just in case. If successful, add 2 extra lethal damage for teeth and claws. Will initiate grapple if successful. [roll0] and 10 again [roll1] . Gauru can be held for 4 turns (stamina 3 + primal urge 1) before having to fight off rage. Wish me luck!

Eonn
2018-10-23, 06:04 PM
Jason's engine idles as the fight picks up in intensity. He's not the best driver, and defiantly doesn't want to hit a pack member. Still, he doesn't have much of a way to contribute otherwise. His tires squeal as he surges forward again aiming for the same target.

Make sure you don't forget the debuff from my howl, Ladorak, all the spirits have -2 defense.

The same 4d10-defense, assuming I can hit him w/o risking hitting a pack member.

[roll0]

Explosions:

[roll1]

That's a miss, no matter the defense.

Ladorak
2018-10-24, 02:15 PM
The hound shrinks back from Sam as he transforms, the Uratha sense frustration rather than fear as the once-pet backs away. Sensing it has lost it's chance to finish Sam off it turns it's attention to Carrick, leaping at him despite the terrible wounds down it's side. Sam's monstrous fangs and claws rake at the beast as it leaps past him, he does fearsome damage down the beasts other flank but the slippery film of blood now covering the dog prevents him from securing a solid grip and the hound slips past him.

The Claimed dog is an impressive opponent, even with it's lifeblood leaking out it is no less fierce nor are it's powerful jaws any weaker. Row upon row of serrated teeth tear through Carrick's flesh. The Stone Claimed swings another powerful fist at Carrick, but he knows the power behind that punch now, he easily avoids it even with the hound harassing him.

I have ruled Claimed are not counted as Spirits in terms of Spirit only effects. A spirit is what they were rather than what they are (A sinful fusion of flesh and spirit).
The Bloodhound is still alive, barely. On it's turn it regenerates 1 wound
Bloodhound attacking Carrick: 5 (str) + 4 (brawl) - 3 (wounds) - 3 (defence) = 3
[roll0]
10 gain
[roll1]

Stone Claimed attacking Carrick: 5 (str) + 3 (brawl) -3 (defence) = 5
[roll2]
10 gain
[roll3]

Carrick takes 2 wounds from the Bloodhound
Carrick and Caleb are up!

Erulasto
2018-10-25, 04:08 AM
The taste was foul.

The flesh of the Claimed held the sour flavour of the spirit-ridden and Caleb pushed down his disgust. That the loa were free to cavort in the world of flesh was insufferable. They may have been worthy of his respect and reverence, but they had laws that must be followed.

Caleb snarled as he tried to clamp his jaw down as close to the beasts throat as he could.

Strength 3 + Brawl 3 (+2 Bite Specialization) +2 All-Out Attack
[roll0] + [roll1] + [roll2] <---includes the -5 Defense

Bite does +1L damage.

Ladorak
2018-10-25, 05:46 AM
I'd like to do the description is larger blocks so if flows a bit better, but just so you know Daishain that kills the bloodhound

Daishain
2018-10-25, 06:59 AM
Trying to ignore the pain from the wounds taken, Carrick lifts his muzzle to the sky as Caleb kills the spirit ridden beast, and howls in triumph and pride. The Cahalith is attempting to inspire the rest of his pack to greater efforts.

spending 1 essence on War Howl, presence+expression+glory, on a success, all pack members in earshot gain +1 lethal damage on successful attacks. [roll0] that's a success, effect is active for 3 rounds

Ladorak
2018-10-28, 10:29 AM
The buffeting wind and blinding feathers threaten to take Carrick off his feet entirely, but through brute strength and tenacity he holds his footing. Seeing this the Claimed who called forth the wind turns and flees shouting 'The Rose will never take me!'
The one who had been standing next to it curses after it 'You coward Sings-At-Dawn!' It charges up to strike at Caleb, whose keen eyes now see the suggestion of scales upon it's skin. It attacks with needle-like talons but strikes nothing but air.

[roll0]
[roll1]

OOC: Sorry for the delay. New turn, Eonn is up.

Eonn
2018-10-28, 03:46 PM
Jason lines up his steel body with the claimed who had broken away from the melee, putting everything in to running it down now that he didn't have to worry about collateral damage.

Spending a WP for +3 dice.

[roll0]-defense

Explosions:

[roll1]

That should be a hit.

Bennosuke
2018-10-28, 05:40 PM
(OOC: So assuming the Spirit Ridden near Caleb is within reach...)

Snarling at the lizard skinned spirit-flesh abomination, Sam bounds over to Caleb and swings massive razor tipped paws at it.

Holding off on All out attack because I assume Sam has to move near to attack. Without all out attack, and without knowing the Spirit Ridden's Defense, it should be a 6d10 roll (5 Str in Gauru +1 Brawl).

[roll0] and 10 again [roll1]

This is round 2/4 for Sam having control in Gauru.

Ladorak
2018-10-29, 06:18 PM
I think I'll call this one now.

The Claimed that looked like a fish stood no chance against the onslaught of Sam's ferocity. Fish spawn pour forth from jagged claw wounds. It went down, seeming to deflate, slowly spilling slimy spawn across the grass.

The Stone Claimed is a resilient foe, but it goes down under the combined pack's attack in no time at all. When it dies it crumbles into dust.

Sings-At-Dawn takes flight, leaving an arching trail of feathers in it's wake. With no way to pursue the pack have time to take stock of their surroundings. The greenery alongside the road is caked with dirty water, feathers and dust. Of more concern are the two large patches of blood and fish eggs, both clearly visible from the road.

Bennosuke
2018-10-29, 06:40 PM
Sam shifts back human, letting the pain of the change sharpen his mortal senses. "Well it's already been an exciting night," he says with a growl that emanates deep within his throat, "I suppose we will have to clean up this mess." He indicates the puddles of fish spawn and blood with a single hand as he scratches at his fuzzy cheek with the other.

Daishain
2018-10-29, 06:48 PM
Wincing at the injuries taken, Carrick shifts back to human form. Standing over what remains of the claimed, he intones, "Requiescat In Pace. I am sorry we did not find you before it was too late."

Turning back to the others, he says, "Well, that was interesting enough. It is good to know we can hunt well together. Let us clean this place up a bit."

Erulasto
2018-10-30, 12:42 AM
It did not take long after the threat had passed for Caleb to change back from his monstrous, black-furred Urshul form. Brushing some dust and dirt from his jacket sleeve, he frowned and looked down at the remains of their victims.

"You be right." Caleb said slowly. "Dis be a nasty mess ta leave layin' about. I did not think da situation be dis bad already, if da Claimed be wanderin' so free."

Setting his satchel down, Caleb pulled his jacket off and folded it over the satchel before moving to hoist the dead hound over his shoulder. Bare skin was easier to clean than cloth.

Ladorak
2018-10-30, 08:08 AM
OOC: Amid the gore and mess the pack find two burst human skins, the car is loaded up with camping supplies. Do you guys have any ideas to clean the mess up or should I move us onto the next scene?

Eonn
2018-10-30, 09:24 AM
Search the bodies for loot! Er, wait... this isn't d&d.

I'm good to go, though we may want to ditch the car somewhere.

Daishain
2018-10-30, 09:34 AM
I'd suggest moving the car a fair distance along the road away from the site and then making it look like it swerved and crashed into a tree. Scrape up the eggs and scatter them in the rushes, the wildlife should take care of that soon enough. And then just kick up enough dirt to make the blood much less obvious. Get rid of the human skins and otherwise leave the contents of the car alone.

Bennosuke
2018-10-30, 02:41 PM
Grinning uncomfortably, Sam says, "Perhaps we mop this up as best we can. Throw all the gore into the sleeping bags, and idle the car in to the river? We can let the river mix and spread the evidence how it sees fit." But he makes no move to start cleaning, first waiting to hear how the others feel.

Ladorak
2018-11-01, 10:20 AM
It takes longer then any of them would have liked, but the road is deserted and nothing breaks the silence save the constant buzz of crickets. The fish eggs are disposed easily enough, come sunrise the local wildlife will likely feed well and finish the concealment. The dust and feathers are already blown away by the gentle but insistent breeze and the water will soon evaporate.

The blood patch is another issue entirely. A 12 foot circle of blood can only be concealed so much by kicking dirt over it. It's a problem, but not a huge one, the pack do the best they can, hoping passers by the next day mistake it for the remnant of some wolf or wildcat's kill.

Scene 4

Hours later the pack are within spitting distance of their new home. They are justifiably excited with what they have seen so far. In the Flesh it is a verdant forest with majestic mountains looming in the distance every way they turned. The pack have smelt all manner of birds and rodents, wolves, lynx, elk and dear, a bear and even some sheep. The forest is alive in a way no city dweller could understand, it thrills the hearts of these supreme predators to find a place where the hunt was the only law.

As you would expect the hisil is the picture of health, everything in perfect harmony, an ancient resonance that may not have been truly disturbed since before the Europeans came. The energy of the place hums with rightness. It is beautiful and simply by existing it proves the worth of the Oaths of the Moon, of your way of life.

According to the map you are only a few hundred yards away, but any excitement you feel at that is erased in a heartbeat. Suddenly the resonance is wrong, very wrong. You don't even feel the natural rhythm around you any more. Your spirits senses are choked by a resonance of blood and death so strong you almost taste the blood on your tongues. You have crossed some dividing line in the hisil, and it has been around long enough to warp the trees along the road in the Flesh.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/53/92/a2/5392a2e1654c469e143abf16b626dc8c.jpg
Behind you all is in order, but something very wrong has clearly happened somewhere near here.

Bennosuke
2018-11-02, 05:13 PM
Sam sniffs at the air, batting at his ratty hair as he does. He frowns and wrinkles his nose, saying, "You guys smell that too, right?" He grins, then sidles up to the tree line and places down his rucksack; a denim camo duffle bag. Nodding to Caleb, Sam says, "Perhaps you want to put yours down as well?", before shifting down to Urhan. The brown-grey wolf sniffs at the air, searching both the Flesh and the Shadow for any cause of the dichotomy.

Perception roll Wits 3 + Composure 3 +Urhan 4=10 [roll0] and 10 again [roll1]

Daishain
2018-11-02, 07:32 PM
Carrick nods, "I think even the humans would notice that this place is warped. Let us approach with caution."

Eonn
2018-11-03, 03:02 PM
It seems as if the new group can't catch a break. Jason huffs, but continues edging forward, scanning for anything noteworthy as he goes.

If needed, here's a Perception (wits+composure) roll, plus the bonus for being Urhan

[roll0]

explosions:
[roll1]

Ladorak
2018-11-03, 03:44 PM
In the Flesh all is silent aside the crickets, but the pack notice the ever present scent of animal passage is absent here, they must instinctively avoid the place.
In the hisil it is likewise quiet, the natural spirits that could have fled this place seeking sustenance, the rest are slowly starving. The spirits of the trees lining the road are thin wispy impressions, barely holding their essence together. There are also a large number of lesser death spirits, weak things but growing stronger by the day, floating around the area.
As the pack venture further and the strength of the resonance increases they become increasingly certain that the source of this disturbance lies directly in the direction of the house. As they come over the hump of a hillock they get their first look at their new home.

http://www.cultofweird.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/evil-dead-2.jpg

A lone man is slowly stumbling away from the shack, he stinks of death.

Daishain
2018-11-03, 07:20 PM
Instinctively ducking low, Carrick watches the man carefully. Quietly he says, "If he lives in a place this badly wounded, he is most likely another claimed, or worse."

Shifting into wolf form, the older man slinks into the brush, trying to get a better sense of what is going on here.

Bennosuke
2018-11-04, 08:51 AM
Sniffing at the air, Samuel nods his lupine head in agreement. "Perhaps we should try to approach with stealth, surround and observe. If we have to, we can then ambush.", the words come out in in low First Tongue.

(OOC: I'll hold off on rolling or anything till the group has decided on a coordinated effort... unless someone is gonna Leroy Jenkins us).

Ladorak
2018-11-05, 07:04 AM
The pack prowl through the undergrowth, but they'd need not have bothered. The lone figure seems unaware of it's surroundings, entirely focused on it's own inner world. Roughly six feet from the front door it stops, as if hitting some invisible barrier. It moans, a long mournful sound, certainly supernatural but unmistakably the noise of a creature in distress.
As they creep closer the pack see the creature for what it is, a walking corpse. The decay is at least a couple months advanced, flesh hangs off it's ribs and skull in bloody tatters, it's ripped clothes stink of rot and excrement. The skin has shrunk in on itself, turning normal hands into bony claws. The eyes have rotted away, leaving empty sockets that seem to stare at everything and nothing. A long bloody red mark circles it's neck.
Seemingly unable to proceed any further it sinks to it's knees, it's bony fingers digging through the soil, the very picture of frustration and defeat. It moans again, the sound of desperation turning to sick acceptance.

Eonn
2018-11-05, 01:40 PM
"What is it?" Jason mutters in the First Tongue.

Erulasto
2018-11-06, 03:09 AM
"An abomination." Caleb says with a dark scowl on his face. "Dat thing should not exist."

The Irraka steps forward, cautiously, hands tucked in his pockets as he fiddles with a small charm of tethered bone fragments meant to give him power over the spirits of the dead. But for now, he doesn't approach the wretched dead-thing.

Bennosuke
2018-11-06, 09:57 AM
Samuel stifles a growl as his nose wrankles at the stench of the corpse. "Kill it?" he offers in low guttural First Tongue, as he shifts up to Dire Wolf form.

Daishain
2018-11-06, 01:50 PM
Carrick nods, "We cannot let it stand. But I would advise caution, that poor creature may be a symptom rather than the true problem."

Ladorak
2018-11-06, 03:37 PM
OOC: I think we've established a consensus. Roll for init:smallsmile:

Erulasto
2018-11-07, 01:57 AM
Readying himself, Caleb allowed his form to shift and change as he took, once again, the form of a bestial, black-furred dire wolf. A growl rumbled from his chest as he prepared to pounce and maul the creature.

Initiative [roll0]

Bennosuke
2018-11-07, 01:16 PM
The grey furred massive Urshul moved slowly closer to its prey, crouched low to the ground, muscles roaring with power.

With Urshul Initiative mod is 8 + [roll0]

Edit: Sum 18

Daishain
2018-11-07, 01:22 PM
Sensing his companions shifting up to attack, Carrick does the same, his wolf body enlarging in anticipation of the fight. He pads through the underbrush, seeking a spot to assault the dead thing from a different angle to the others.

Initiative [roll0]

Eonn
2018-11-08, 12:22 PM
Snarling, Jason edges forward along side the rest of the pack. Seems like they were getting into a lot of fights today.

[roll0]

Ladorak
2018-11-09, 10:55 AM
The whole pack pounces but the Irraka is first to strike. He attacks from behind, the dead man barely having time to stand upright before Caleb barrels into him. It would be a killing blow but he is far past that. As soon as he starts to stumble forward his head comes tumbling from his neck as if the two were never attached at all. Absent it's head the body immediately slumps to the dirt, naturally dead once again.

The terrible wailing ceases as the head bounces along the ground, coming to rest in the undergrowth. A strange mist erupts from it's mouth and eyes despite the breeze the faintly blue smoke holds itself together, gradually coalescing into the vague shape of a man.

The pack all recognise it as a spirit in twilight, a trespasser in the Flesh, but it begs to you in English rather than the First Tongue, a rare thing among spirits 'No! Please, I just want to get away, I can't go back. I-' He gets no further, suddenly he jerks toward the cabin as if yanked by great force, wailing all the way, he disappears through the wooden wall as a ghost would.

For a few seconds there is silence, then there is an eruption of ghostly wailing, far louder now, coming from within the cabin.

Now you are closer you can see you don't need the keys, the door has been ripped clean off it's hinges

http://bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/ed2.png

Daishain
2018-11-09, 07:02 PM
Carrick tilts his furry head as the spirit disappears, "Now that is not behavior I have seen before. The other spirits we encountered spoke of not going back as well. Perhaps they were connected to this too. Something is deeply wrong here."

I'm going to guess and hope that a Wits+occult roll will help in puzzling out what might be going on, and more importantly how to deal with it, remove the last die if Hisil specialty does not help
roll [roll0]
ten again [roll1]

Erulasto
2018-11-10, 01:38 AM
Caleb allows a rippling snarl to rise from his gullet, padding cautiously closer to the cabin.

”Da Loa are sick here if dis be the fate of de Dead.” Caleb mutters.

Bennosuke
2018-11-10, 10:27 AM
Sam knew little about the Spirit world; not nothing, but not a whole lot. But Sam did know about the woods, and it was this knowledge he would tap into. Still in Dire Wolf form, he growls... "This is pretty ****ed up.", seeming to show no shame in his profanity.

Sam is going to try to examine the area from a naturalist's point of view; signs of animal tracks or droppings, birds nests. Anything that may indicate the Flesh side of the woods is unhealthy or unnatural. My suggestion is a Wits+ Survival roll for this, though you may disagree. This would be a 6d10 roll, which is likely on the high side of a dicepool that Sam can put together for such an action. I will roll 6d10, but feel free to use less of the dice if you see fit Ladorak

[roll0] and 10 again in case [roll1]

Side note, I do think Sam's initiative was higher than Caleb's... not that it really matters :smalltongue:

Eonn
2018-11-12, 01:51 AM
"Wait, is that the house we were given? It's... kinda crappy. And haunted?" Say Jason in the first tongue, more disappointed about the state of the building than the crazy crap going on around it. He waits for a moment, looking around like their might be another enemy (or house) nearby before trotting up to the window of the cabin and peeking inside.

Ladorak
2018-11-12, 07:04 AM
Through the window Jason can see the living room. Aside from around the doorway where the wind has reached the room is covered with dust. On the right there is a large fireplace with wood already stacked to one side and a stag's head hung above it. On the far wall there are two sets of shelves, ones for books, the other empty, and a window cut into the wall through which he can see the sink in the kitchen. He also sees three tables, one covered with crafting tools, the other two empty of clutter, and a small two person sofa next to a standing lamp.

Sam's investigation yields little, but that in itself is unusual. Anything larger than an insect seems to avoid this place, presumably because even the largest of predators fear the death this place stinks of. There is nothing unnatural in the forest around the cabin aside from the absence of natural life.

By now the wailing has ceased, the forest is still once again.

Bennosuke
2018-11-12, 07:52 AM
In response to Jason's remark, Sam mentions, "It smells like even the animals avoid this place. I don't like it." He shifts up to Dalu, and catches up to Jason. "Shall we go in then... cautiously?" Sam makes his way up to the entrance and stands by the door, though he does not go in just yet.

Ladorak
2018-11-12, 02:19 PM
The wooden boards creak under the weight, other than that there is no disturbance as Sam looks through the door.

Bennosuke
2018-11-16, 08:31 AM
(OOC: Sooooo since no one else is doing anything...)

Sam will turn the flashlight off, shift down to wolf form, and enter the house on silent padded feet.

Stealth roll: Dex 3+ Stealth 2+ 2 dex for Urhan= 7d10 [roll0] and 10 again [roll1]

EDIT: Well that was disappointing and statistically unlikely :smalltongue:

Daishain
2018-11-16, 04:14 PM
Carrick follows behind, also in wolf form, his senses straining for any hint he can pick up.

Wolf senses and Hisil sight, activated!
also, perception check [roll0]
ten again [roll1]
Well, at least that's one success...

Ladorak
2018-11-18, 01:31 PM
IC: The house appears undisturbed, layer upon layer of dust attest to that. The two Uratha quickly survey the house.

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/9ef5d89d-8e39-4846-aef4-7d8ff35b4c32/d9zwyr-a0e0974d-9f18-4304-a950-ad80e23e3fc7.jpg/v1/fill/w_1024,h_523,q_70,strp/the_evil_dead_2_cabin_by_morsoth_d9zwyr-fullview.jpg
In case you didn't recognise the shack already :p

It smells of rot and neglect, but could be repaired easily enough. It has light fixtures and power outlets, although the electricity doesn't work. Inside the house the Gauntlet is noticeably thinner, the pack can sense that there is a Locus nearby, although they can find no evidence of it within the house.

OOC: Sorry for the delay, I've been without internet for the last 48 hours.

Bennosuke
2018-11-18, 05:35 PM
Finding no signs of further haunting, life or unlife within the cabin, Sam calls out to the others, "Do you feel that? I think we may have hit the jackpot here!" There is a youthful excitement behind the werewolf's voice as he calls to his new packmates, "We must be by a locus, we should find and claim it before calling it a night!"

Sam continues to rummage through the building and again calls out, "And there's only two bedrooms and one bathroom! This is going to get interesting!"

Daishain
2018-11-18, 08:31 PM
"Careful pup, the gantlet is thin here, and we still don't know what has corrupted the place."

Carrick pokes around as well, though with considerably more caution.

Bennosuke
2018-11-19, 07:51 AM
Sam grins at Carrick's response, and calls back, "Fine, but I call an actual bed in a bedroom!" He grins and shows his teeth in playful challenge.

Ladorak
2018-11-19, 11:25 AM
Carrick is a wise old wolf, although he missed it the first time around the second time his keen eyes detect a trail in one of the bedrooms.
The layer of dust to one side of the piano is sightly thinner, investigating further his nose picks up a sight damp smell coming from below. Quickly putting two and two together he pushes the piano to one side to reveal a trapdoor.
As if on cue the ghostly wailing begins again, echoing through the whole house, but most clearly from beneath the trapdoor.
Carrick opens his mouth to tell the others what he has found, but pauses as he notices one more thing. The ring pull handle is painted black, so at first he had missed the dark stain of old blood upon it.

Daishain
2018-11-20, 06:08 AM
"Was this the bedroom that you had hoped to claim? If so, I'm uncertain that many would challenge it. Let us get the rest in here, I think we will need their assistance with whatever lies below."

Bennosuke
2018-11-20, 08:11 AM
Sam calls the others in before asking, "Why what is it?" He sniffs at the air with eyes closed., nose lifted towards the ceiling.

Daishain
2018-11-20, 09:10 AM
"Sounds like the locus, along with the bound spirits, are below. Look, there's blood on the handle too. I strongly suspect that a lot of death happened here. If such a thing was what weakened the gauntlet in this place, it must have been horrific."

Eonn
2018-11-29, 01:02 AM
Still in wolf form, Jason's heckles are raised as he follow his pack through the house. Such a strange place... "Refresh my memory, were we told why this place was abandoned by its last pack?" He lets out a low whine. "Because I wish I has an alternate explanation to what we're seeing."

Bennosuke
2018-11-29, 09:59 AM
Sam shrugs and says, "It was owned by a pack of Bone Shadows, right? Grey Owl said they disappeared after Guldilag was defeated. That's all he said I think." Sam shakes his head and turns to Carrick, "Shall we go down and take a look?" His eyes narrow with the delight of a challenge.

Daishain
2018-11-29, 10:28 AM
"Yes, but let us take it slow. I do not know about you, but I am not particularly inclined to simply disappear like our predecessors."

Bennosuke
2018-11-29, 10:54 AM
Sam nods his head in agreement, then begins to move down the stairs, doing his best to remain silent.

Rolling stealth+ dex to quietly move down the stairs for a total of 5d10 [roll0] and 10 again [roll1]

Modify it as needed, Ladorak

Ladorak
2018-11-29, 06:49 PM
OOC: They disappeared after the war. Grey Owl did say he believed they were killed by the Predator Kings in violation of the treaty, but he said that to Sam alone, not to the rest of the group.

IC: As soon as Sam takes hold of the pull ring, covering a bloody handprint with his own, the wailing suddenly stops altogether. The whole house seems to lean in on itself, watching the young Uratha as he pulls the trap door open.
The stairs are well made and barely make a noise as Sam plunges into the darkness. And it is pitch black, even the superior eyes of a wolf can make out little of what lies at the foot of the stairs. He makes it halfway down the stairs before a cold shiver runs up his spine.

OOC: Benno make an opposed check please. I need a resolve + Primal Urge roll
[roll0]
10 again
[roll1]
Man that's a bad roll... Well you just need the one success then.

Ladorak
2018-11-30, 12:08 PM
The cellar is suddenly lit up by a strange blue light coming from below, and Sam feels the touch of the supernatural on him. Something down there had just reached out to attack him and, finding that attack blunted, had shrunk back in terror.
The light is dim but blinding compared to what existed before. From what little that can be seen it is clear the cellar below the cabin is larger than the cabin itself. It has a flattened dirt floor, combined with the two support beams visible the place has the look of a mine.

Bennosuke
2018-11-30, 12:51 PM
A growl pours out of Sam's mouth at the attempted assault, and his eyes dart around the room taking it in slowly. He allows his senses to pour into the Hisil as well once he is done in the Flesh, lips curling back to expose his long pointed Dalu teeth.

If things look safe, he calls the rest of the pack down to join.

Ladorak
2018-11-30, 02:09 PM
In the hisil the darkness is far thicker, so solid it pools around Sam like liquid, but flows away from him, as if afraid to touch the Uratha even with the gauntlet between them. He can see more though, things in the hisil have a glow of their own. In the hisil the cellar is huge, easily the size of a small warehouse. It has the look of an abattoir that has been converted into a torture chamber, complete with meat hooks hanging from the ceiling and brutally sharp instruments arranged on racks. The smell of death is far stronger than it was in the Flesh, causing Sam to almost gag at the overpowering stench of putrefying meat.

OOC: As you were going stealthy I'm assuming your flashlight isn't on?

Bennosuke
2018-11-30, 02:23 PM
Sam returns his senses to the realm of Flesh, gagging slightly. He shakes his head and whistles, waiting for the others to arrive. When they do, Sam says, "Take a look at the other side... pretty kinky" and gives a small wink.

Daishain
2018-11-30, 08:39 PM
Carrick follows gingerly, greatly disliking what he sees and smells in the hisil, but not daring to turn his senses away from it, "Yes, quite disturbing."

He scans the area, trying to discern as much as he can about this place and the nature of the darkness here.

Carrick would never have turned his senses of the hisil off in this place
Wits+composure [roll0]
Taking a guess on Wits+occult to try and winkle this one out (remove the last die result if Hisil specialty doesn't apply) [roll1]
Ten agains [roll2]
well at least I got 1 success each out of all those rolls...

Eonn
2018-12-01, 12:04 PM
Jason shadows Carrick into the basement. He's seen disgusting things crawl from the shadows too many times in his past, so what's on display doesn't get to him as much as it once would have. He's more concerned with what still may dwell here, and that is why he's on edge.

"I don't want to imagine what could have twisted the hisil so much here. The locus... I wonder if it's been tainted?"

Bennosuke
2018-12-01, 03:19 PM
Sam shrugs and says, "Or it was made this way by the last owners... Perhaps the Bone Shadows had a purpose for all of this." He gestures about the room with a bit of distaste.

(OOC: So how close are we to the locus its self. Can we move in that direction, or are we maybe close enough to shift over already???)

Ladorak
2018-12-03, 02:16 PM
OOC: Sorry for autoing your character Benno but i the interests of moving things along...

IC: Sam turns on his flashlight, blinding them all for a few seconds as their eyes adjust. The cellar is indeed bigger than the cabin above, at least twice as wide and long. At the far end there is a wooden wall that someone has built across the dirt floor. It has a thick door complete with three separate padlocks.

As Sam's spotlight tracks back across the darkness to the pack they see blood trails across the bare ground and signs of a body being dragged. As Sam tracks that trail with his spotlight he comes across another blood trail, and then another.

When he discovers the first body the ghosts start their noise again, but it is not a piecing wail, they moan low in fear and pain. Three bodies have been stacked on one side of the cellar, and four on the other. They are all in various stages of decay, the oldest is years old, little more than bone somehow held together, the newest corpse smells of decay only a few months old.

They have all been killed the same way. Forced into a sitting position and their hands bound above their heads, tied into the loose earth. After that they were separated from their heads, which have been placed neatly in their laps.

Closer inspection reveals something strange about the ties used to bind their hands, it's some sort of thorny vine. The pack also find the Locus and likely murder weapon, one and the same. A simple wood chopping axe, drenched in blood, lies discarded on the floor. It radiates sick power, no doubt this corrupted Locus is the cause of the resonance above.

Bennosuke
2018-12-03, 04:37 PM
Looking at all the bodies lined up, Sam lets out a long slow whistle. He calls his new pack members over and points to the decapitated corpses saying, "Well this sure doesn't look good."

He studies the bodies and the murder weapon, bending into a crouched position, and taking advantage of his preturnatural senses, looking to see how this could be related ot the Uratha

So sam is no gumshoe, but he's gonna do his best to identify if the Uratha were involved in these likely ritual murders in any way. He'll also attempt to use his knowledge of the Occult in a similar manner.

So I will roll Wits + Investigation [roll0] [roll1]

and Int+ Occult [roll2] [roll3]

Daishain
2018-12-03, 06:41 PM
Carrick shudders, "I can, I can change the resonance here, but it will take days at least, and there may be resistance. We should begin by dealing with any spirits stubborn enough to keep us from claiming the locus."

Eonn
2018-12-04, 12:50 AM
"Really? I've met others with that ability, but never learned it myself." Jason pauses to sniff around the room a bit. Smells like death, unfortunately. "Good thing you know it, I can't imagine how long it would take this locus to recover otherwise. Now then, let's go ghost busting!"

Daishain
2018-12-07, 04:45 PM
Carrick stares into the hisil, looking specifically for those spirits strong enough to challenge their claiming of the locus. These spirits much be bargained with, driven away, or destroyed. Chances are any spirits attracted to such darkness would not be amenable to a bargain of course, leaving the other two options.

Wits+composure roll [roll0]
ten again [roll1]

Erulasto
2018-12-08, 06:52 AM
Caleb’s shoulders are tight with a measure of anxiety at the presence of the ghosts. This place was befouled, and the loa were suffering for it. Whoever…whatever…had done this, seemed particularly adept at vicious, vile actions.

Once more in his human form, Caleb glanced around with a deep frown on his face and lit up another cigar. If they were going to purge some spirits, or drive them away in the very least, Caleb was going to revel in it. Any chance to return to a state of balance.

”We can banish dem if need be…” Caleb mutters, thinking about the banishment rites that he had been taught so long ago. ”Or simply destroy dem…”

Bennosuke
2018-12-09, 10:10 AM
Sam nods his head slowly, eyes narrowed and jumpy. "The question just becomes whether or not we want to shift sideways and do it in The Hisil, or simply wait till our presence forces them to come to this side."

Ladorak
2018-12-10, 04:37 PM
There is no need to go into the Hisil. A wave of Spiritual energy hits the group but barely moves them. Hairs stand on end, heart beats quicken, for a second they get a sniff of real helpless fear, the fear of prey. Then mere seconds later it is gone.

The moaning of fear behind the door goes suddenly silent. Then, with great reluctance, a single ghost walks out from behind the barred door. It is the memory of young woman in hiking clothes. You cannot tell much more than this because it is missing it's head. Instantly you can all tell something is amiss. It is in Twilight, fully manifest in the world of the Flesh, the greatest sin against the oaths a Spirit can commit, to exist outside of it's natural boundaries.
Yet it is not here by choice, it is clearly tethered here in the world of the Flesh. None of you have ever seen such a thing.

It points to Caleb, then falls to it's knees with it's hands together before it as if in prayer, silently begging the pack for something.

Suddenly you hear the sound of laughter from above, your hunter's expert ears pinpoint it as coming from the living room.

A look under the hood.
I rolled contested rolls for all of you to save time. You all resisted a mass spiritual attack. Ironically I'd been worried I'd made the power too powerful. As a result of this epic failure the Spirit before you has been somewhat overawed.

Bennosuke
2018-12-10, 06:50 PM
Sam looks over at the prostrate spirit, then up at the noises above. He points to himself, and then to the stairwell, as if to say, 'I'm going to go up there and investigate'.

(OOC: Dex+ Stealth=5d10 [roll0] and 10 again [roll1])

Eonn
2018-12-12, 11:30 AM
Jason looks from the decapitated ghost to the skeletal remains bound against the wall. Could this actually be the soul of one of the people who died here? Or is it just a spirit of death, bearing the markings of what brought it about. It's awfully human though. While Jason has half a mind to just destroy it outright, he's not about to let a pack mate wander through this clearly messed up house alone, especially when it is clearly obvious that murderous spirits are about. This thing will be around when they get back. For now, Jason heads upstairs with Sam.

Daishain
2018-12-12, 12:54 PM
Carrick follows as well, definitely not liking this, but whatever this is, it must be addressed.

Erulasto
2018-12-13, 02:39 AM
Eyeing the spirit with a frown, Caleb puffs on his cigar almost lazily. If this spirit needed to be released from whatever horrors had bound it here, then Caleb would see it done. Perhaps razing the whole building to cinders and ashes would be enough. Perhaps they’d need to purify the resonance here, much like Carrick had suggested.

Maybe both.

At the sound of the laughter from above, the Irraka follows Sam, Jason and Carrick upstairs carefully. The words of various rites, banishments and oaths coming to mind if needed.

Dexterity 2 + Stealth 3

[roll0]

Ladorak
2018-12-13, 05:39 PM
Leaving the ghost behind them the pack race up the stairs and burst into the living room ready for anything, or so they thought.
There is no mocking intruder. The laughter comes from the stag's head mounted above the fireplace, it jerks it's neck back and forth in a constant wild abandon, laughing riotously and, it seems, mockingly.
As the last of the pack assemble in the living room the trapdoor slams shut behind them and there is a screeching as the piano races of it's own accord to once again cover it.
Suddenly the wind outside quickens impossibly fast, a light breeze becoming instantly a gale racing toward the open front door.

I was really hoping at least one of you would stay downstairs :smallfrown:

Erulasto
2018-12-14, 04:53 AM
Something wasn’t right with this whole situation.

That was, perhaps, putting it mildly.

Caleb was swift to act when the wind picked up, turning and stepping over to the piano. With a firm, forceful motion, the Irraka gripped the wood and heaved as hard as he could to move the piano back off the trap door.

Well, I’ll try to get back down there for the sake of plot points! :smallwink:

Strength 3 + Athletics 2

[roll0]

That’s the strength test to move the piano. If he’s able, Caleb will slip back down into the cellar.

Daishain
2018-12-14, 06:08 AM
More firmly than he feels, Carrick declares, "A distraction, we need to get back down there."

He moves to help Caleb move the piano, and heads down as well.

Ladorak
2018-12-15, 09:36 AM
As Carrick and Caleb practically throw the piano across the bedroom the blast of wind hits the front of the cabin. A great swarm of leaves crashes into the building buffeting the windows but deflect from the open door as if it were a solid wall, sending foilage scattering away.
Sam and Jason are still in the living room watching this, through the doorway they think they can see the dim shape of a man behind the wildly flying green. Acting on instinct they look into the Hisil and see their assailant.
There is a Spirit attacking the pack from the other side of the gauntlet. It is a small tree spinning in the air, it's bark and leaves unnaturally dark. Tiny skulls dangle from ropes tied to it's branches and they fly out like a Swing Carousel as the tree spins.
A sharp branch flies through the doorway, so fast Jason barely has time to even see it before it hits him in the leg, digging deep into the flesh just above the knee. The Grandfather clock starts to chime as the stag's laughter turns to sobbing.

Jason takes 1 lethal damage
Carrick and Caleb have moved the piano but have not yet opened the trap door
Roll init please!

Eonn
2018-12-15, 01:09 PM
Jason yips as he's impaled.

Initiative: [roll0]

Daishain
2018-12-15, 06:50 PM
Carrick looks at Caleb, and then jerks his head towards the apparent new threat. It would seem that this place was rather devious in defending itself.

Initiative roll [roll0]

Bennosuke
2018-12-16, 05:11 PM
Sam begins to growl as he shifts into Dalu.

(Initiative [roll0]

Erulasto
2018-12-18, 03:10 AM
Caleb snarled as the branch impaled Jason, and reached down to open the trapdoor as quickly as he could. This was shaping up to be a very bad night.

Initiative [roll0]

Strength 3 + Athletics 2 in order to force the trap door open.

[roll1]

Ladorak
2018-12-18, 12:15 PM
Round One, Fight!

Init Order:
Carrick 15
Caleb 14
Blood-Red-Roots 14
Jason 12
Sam 11

So Carrick and Caleb are up! Caleb's action is already declared for the turn. Opening the door is an extended action, 2 successes so far.

IC: Caleb heaves on the trapdoor but it doesn't budge, held fast by some Spiritual force. His muscles bulge with the effort and after a few seconds of strain he hears the sound of wood beginning to splinter and break.

Daishain
2018-12-19, 06:52 PM
Carrick calls out to the others as he tries to help with the trapdoor, "Get in here! We must stay together!"

Str+ath [roll0]

Ladorak
2018-12-19, 07:24 PM
Carrick adds his strength to Caleb's. The wood continues to buckle and break, the deepening rents give him purchase to tear at the wood but for now the door still holds.
The cyclone outside races around the side of the shack, smashing into the bedroom wall. Although the sound is tremendous the window does not break although the view outside is slowly blocked by thousands upon thousands of leaves.
The piano suddenly lunches across the room into Carrick, knocking him from his feet.

[roll0]
10 again
[roll1]
Carrick takes 2L damage
And now everyone's up.

Bennosuke
2018-12-21, 07:48 AM
(OOC: I know Sam is last, but will post this now just so that there is no delay when he is finally up. To be clear, the Tree spirit is attacking from the Hisil, right? So we can't really physically attack it unless we get to the Locus and cross over?)

Sam holars back at Carrick, "We've got some sort of tree spirit attacking us. I think we gotta take it out first!"

Before he attacks, Sam peers into the Hisil trying to judge how powerful the thing is

Trying to judge Influence per pg 186 so rolling primal urge as what is likely a chance dice (Primal urge is one and i have a negative modifier of the Spirit's resistance) [roll0]

Erulasto
2018-12-27, 07:26 AM
Caleb released a pent-up snarl of frustration.

The spirits were making this far too difficult. He – along with the rest of his fledgling Pack – were going to have their work cut out for them in the coming days.

With Carrick blasted aside by the piano, Caleb gave one last heave upon the trap door. The call from Sam about the Tree Spirit was concerning. But as much as part of the Irraka desired nothing more than to teach the truant spirit a lesson about respecting the Uratha, the urge to get below was strong.

Spending 1 Willpower to add to trying to bust the trapdoor.

Strength 3 + Athletics 2 (+2 Willpower)

d10