PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A [PF] Solar Wind's Phantom Sun Stance Copies what?

Tsunamiatunzen1
2018-09-05, 06:20 PM
So I've been playing a character that throws around magic weapons that are enchanted to explode, attack stats, etc. and get around the cost by using the Phantom Sun Stance at lvl. 1.
However, it was pointed out that:

Thrown weapons copied by this stance are duplicates of the original, but do not manifest the material portion of the weapon, only it’s magical enhancements.
With the way it's written, I'm having a problem:
Does magical enhancement = +2 flaming weapon fully copies the +2 and flaming OR does just the +2 get copied?
If the above means that it's fully copied, what's to stop me from putting on a single-use charge on the thing since I recall some weapons have the "one and done" feature?

Magical enhancement could simply mean enhancement bonus and that would be the end of it. +2 weapon is all you get. However, with the way it's written, it leaves it far too vague.
Could I get some clarification here?

Epic Legand
2018-09-05, 09:22 PM
If I understand correctly, lets say you throw a +2 dagger. you get 1D4+2( +str)...However, if you throw a +2 silver dagger, you do not recreate the silver element.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2018-09-05, 10:41 PM
If I understand correctly, lets say you throw a +2 dagger. you get 1D4+2( +str)...However, if you throw a +2 silver dagger, you do not recreate the silver element.

The issue is not with the material of the item, that's already stated as a 'no' within the text.
The question is:
Do special abilities on weapons fall under the 'weapon enhancements' clause stated in the stance's text?

Jack_Simth
2018-09-07, 07:15 PM
If the above means that it's fully copied, what's to stop me from putting on a single-use charge on the thing since I recall some weapons have the "one and done" feature?Anything that's treated as ammunition has the one-and-done feature. They'll also get enchanted in batches of fifty, which makes them very inexpensive individually. Which... theoretically means you could buy one Shuriken with +10 equivalent of enchantments on it for 4,006 gp, and use the stance to spam it without penalty at a rather low level.

As to the actual question?
Not clearly specified in RAW = Ask your DM. You'll get opinions from here, but there's only one that matters at your table.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2018-09-07, 09:44 PM
Anything that's treated as ammunition has the one-and-done feature. They'll also get enchanted in batches of fifty, which makes them very inexpensive individually. Which... theoretically means you could buy one Shuriken with +10 equivalent of enchantments on it for 4,006 gp, and use the stance to spam it without penalty at a rather low level.

As to the actual question?
Not clearly specified in RAW = Ask your DM. You'll get opinions from here, but there's only one that matters at your table.

O.K. Thanks for the input. I was hoping to get a clear-cut answer with a FAQ citation or something but I guess that's not available.

Rainshine
2018-09-07, 10:08 PM
My opinion is that magical enhancements are, in fact, the thing added to your weapon with magic, which is all the special abilities like flaming. This could, in my opinion, include spells that give you bonuses on your weapon strikes.

Tsunamiatunzen1
2018-09-07, 10:18 PM
My opinion is that magical enhancements are, in fact, the thing added to your weapon with magic, which is all the special abilities like flaming. This could, in my opinion, include spells that give you bonuses on your weapon strikes.

Well why don't we take it one step further? Using the Single-use, use activated table; make a shuriken that delivers a spell when used? Since it's being copied the original remains safe while you get to spam fireballs, fog clouds, cure wounds, etc.
However, this pretty much makes casting extremely cheap.