PDA

View Full Version : New Life Spell

Phraughst
2018-09-06, 07:55 AM
There is a scroll of this in the Beginner Box. I don't know the rules about listing the details of the spell, so I won't.
My point is it doesn't seem to officially appear on any lists and I want to be able to cast the spell without the need of the scroll.

Darrin
2018-09-06, 08:03 AM
There is a scroll of this in the Beginner Box. I don't know the rules about listing the details of the spell, so I won't.
My point is it doesn't seem to officially appear on any lists and I want to be able to cast the spell without the need of the scroll.

What edition? This is a 3.0/3.5/d20/PF(1) forum.

Phraughst
2018-09-06, 08:14 AM
What edition? This is a 3.0/3.5/d20/PF(1) forum.

PF1. It's featured in the campaign in the Beginner Box.

legomaster00156
2018-09-06, 08:18 AM
Google is your friend. (https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_RPG/comments/2i0gph/beginner_box_loot_lists_a_scroll_of_new_life_what/) So is the Beginner Box GM Guide.

Casting this spell takes 1 minute. You touch a creature that died no more than 9 days ago and bring it back to life. The creature awakens with only 1 hit point per level or Hit Die. This cleric scroll is caster level 9.

Phraughst
2018-09-06, 08:31 AM
Google is your friend. So is the Beginner Box GM Guide.

No list. Also, no spell level. The scroll's CL suggests 5th level, but that is not so conclusive as I would like. I need to know if anyone might have seen it on a list or could guide me to an official ruling on unlisted spells.
I own the Beginner Box and I've done plenty of foot work with Google.
Let's respect each other.

Is it enough for one instance to mention it is a Cleric spell?

umbergod
2018-09-06, 09:15 AM
No list. Also, no spell level. The scroll's CL suggests 5th level, but that is not so conclusive as I would like. I need to know if anyone might have seen it on a list or could guide me to an official ruling on unlisted spells.
I own the Beginner Box and I've done plenty of foot work with Google.
Let's respect each other.

Is it enough for one instance to mention it is a Cleric spell?

Lack of anything official seems to suggest it was meant as a simplified way of raising a recently slain ally, while also making it a consumable rather than fully stat out the spell in question

Phraughst
2018-09-06, 10:04 AM
Lack of anything official seems to suggest it was meant as a simplified way of raising a recently slain ally, while also making it a consumable rather than fully stat out the spell in question

So, something like the Daivrat prestige class is my only option, I assume.

PrismCat21
2018-09-06, 01:27 PM
What's stopping you from researching the spell in-game? Either rediscovering it or creating a 'new' spell.
You have a scroll of it. You know it exists in-game. Roleplay it out.

Phraughst
2018-09-06, 06:32 PM
What's stopping you from researching the spell in-game? Either rediscovering it or creating a 'new' spell.
You have a scroll of it. You know it exists in-game. Roleplay it out.

I find I often require backup. My gaming experiences have not been so healthy as I might like and I have to prepare for war if there is something I want.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-09-06, 06:36 PM
That looks like raise dead except better because no mention of level loss. Could be that it's exactly that; a simplified raise dead scroll for the sample platter that is the beginner box.