PDA

View Full Version : Soldier [Ryuutama Class]

Temotei
2018-09-06, 09:03 AM
http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/Temotei221/g4464.png

A member of a military group trained in combat, but not limited to combat usefulness. A Soldier is especially skilled at working in a team and pushing beyond their limits.

EXAMPLE JOBS: military courier, militia, scout, town guard, etc.

EXAMPLE ACTIONS: packing, protecting, supporting, training, etc.

SQUAD TRAINING

Because of your experience working in small groups, both in peace and battle, you are skilled at teamwork in and out of combat. When choosing the Soldier class, choose a category from this list: Hard exercise, stealth, perception, dodge, sense, initiative. You can support a party member's checks involving that category. If you fail on one of these support checks, however, you cannot use this skill until after you make the following day's Condition check.

SKILL EFFECT: Support one category of checks. Choose the category when choosing this class. Critical: +2 bonus. Fumble: You are afflicted with [Exhaustion: 6].

USABLE CIRCUMSTANCES
STAT USED
TN

Any time a party member makes a check in the category you chose

Depends on the check

STRAIN LIMIT

Everyone has been in a situation where they have wished to give up, and many do when reaching their limit. You do not. You push beyond to perform extraordinary feats, straining your body and mind in the process.

SKILL EFFECT: You can ignore status effects with strength equal to your Condition. In addition, upon reaching 0 MP, you do not faint. Instead, all of your ability scores are reduced by one die size until after you make the following day's Condition check. If you take MP damage while at 0 MP, you faint as normal (and still have reduced ability scores).

USABLE CIRCUMSTANCES
STAT USED
TN

-

-

-

WEAPON EXPERIENCE

You have a history of training and fighting with a certain weapon. You receive a +1 bonus to Accuracy or Damage checks with any weapon in your Mastered Weapon category, chosen when creating your character.

SKILL EFFECT: Gain +1 Accuracy or Damage with your Mastered Weapon.

USABLE CIRCUMSTANCES
STAT USED
TN

-

-

-

Yddisac
2018-09-06, 10:59 PM
Eee, a Ryuutama class! I'm afraid I haven't played enough Ryuutama to give good feedback (my friend that owns the book is in a different state and we've never done a full game with it) but I'm quite desperate to play more of it. I'm very excited to see homebrew for it at all. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I suppose I can ask which dragons you intend the class to work best with? It seems like a red dragon class by flavour at least, but do you see it holding up in other colours (most notably blue)? I'm afraid I'm mostly just curious about your design goals rather than equipped to give feedback, but I figured there was no harm in asking.

Temotei
2018-09-06, 11:38 PM
I actually haven't played at all, so we're in a similar boat. I just bought the system a few days ago.

I think you could easily justify any Ryuujin for any class--class design seems to be wide enough that anyone can make any kind of story, and therefore fit with any type of Ryuujin.

If I had to pick, though, I'd say Green/Blue/Red, though I could see Squad Training working for Black Ryuujin stories fairly well (supporting an ally who is attempting to detect lies during a murder mystery story, for example).

Ryuuusagi
2019-01-06, 05:05 PM
Hey, there!, Ryuusagi here, I have to say, thank you for taking the time, effort and will to make this content. Homebrew Ryuutama content is scarce, even more so for such a great game that it is. As such, I'm glad to see some love for it, everywhere I go.

I'll go over what I think of the class in and out of itself:
I like it, that's for starting, I like the concept, like that it's a traditional archetype that can be easily entered in almost any story with little to no bumps to the suspension of disbelief.
I like all of the skills both for what they do (which fits the concept well) as for how balanced they are (I have my concerns over being able to stay awake while on 0 mp as some magical classes MIGHT pull of weird stuff that way, but that is the whole point of the skill, pulling off stuff) but all in all, I like them.

I heartily believe that it's a great idea, my own worries of it being too focused for one class and all of that apart, I like it a lot and I would both play it and show it as a possibility to my players :D

Have a Nice one!!