PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 2 - Le Septième Sceau *After the Portal Chapter - (IC)

Timlaff
2018-09-06, 01:34 PM
DM

You are in a windowless room, very small and damp with a big iron-weighted wooden door with as light, subtile jerky energy lightning in the wall in front of you... Bumping in each other every time someone crossing the portal...

Gallo
2018-09-06, 06:24 PM
Grimwold

Looking at the wall from where everybody arrives:

"I wonder if we could cross back quickly?"

Getting closer to the door:

"Let's be as quiet as possible... Good chances are somebody knows we are here, but let's be cautious anyway. Do you hear anything from the other side? Do see anything that would indicate that the door is locked?"

Perception check: [roll0] vs. 45.

Dekkah
2018-09-06, 08:17 PM
Vyktor

Quickly after bumping into Pab, the young priest is very careful not to touch him with his bare skin and take a step to the side not to get bumped into if someone else follows.

Using a hushed voice in case the is someone listening from the other of the door, the young Shallayn say,
"Pab, Move to the side and let try not to get into physical contact ofeach others if possible : at least as little as can be, we dont want to spread the disease among ourselves ."

The young man listen to his surrounding, trying to learn if there is someone else nearby and take a good look around the room. Still keeping his voice low, he add, "I guess this was a trap as I feared - no surprise here. Still, I needed to follow to be able to keep helping treating you."

Taking his attention on the door, the young man ask Grimwold, "I guess this energy on the door is there to keep us in here. Can you know what it is and possibly neutralise it if it is as I think?"

[roll0] vs TRAINED PERCEPTION (46)

I kind of assumed the portal vanished for usas well..... like it did for Otto and Gago... if not, well we could consider trying going back.

Modran
2018-09-07, 01:38 PM
The real Ingwald...

Still disoriented and dazed by the suddeness of the teleportation, Ingwald moves backwards as other are joining him in the crowded spot.

"Wow, what happened? you all got sucked in too? anybody know where we are?"

Ingwal will do his best to make himself as small as possible and let the magical experts do their work. He will look at himself, trying to determine what belongings made it though the door with him.

I was sitting by the fire, so my bag and weapon probably did not make it with me. my boot knife is probably still there.
Anything else missing?

Gallo
2018-09-08, 08:16 AM
Grimwold

"Not sure if this is the case, let me take a look."

Looking playfully to the ex-farmer:

"Sorry Ingwald, we weren't sucked in, we jumped in to assist you. Might not be the safest or more logical option, but if somebody went to the trouble of getting you he must be behind all of this, or at least know what is happening."

Academic Knowledge (Magic) [roll0] VS.45

Dekkah
2018-09-11, 05:28 AM
Vyktor

Shaking his head at Ingwald last question, the young priest reply,
'I have no clue where we are. And like Grimwold, I chose to come in the portal like Pab and Grimwold. I knew it was more than likely a trap, but I promised you to cure you, and If I dont know where you are, I wont be able to do that.'

The young priest keep looking around the room, being careful not to touch anyone else,
"Guys, I know we might had had some forced contact, but until we know if the uninfected are infected, let try to avoid touching each others still."

Timlaff
2018-09-11, 05:30 AM
DM

The companions are crowded into the room, just big enough to "greet" them.

Grimwold inspects the scene, while Vyktor, Ingwald and Pab try not to touch each other by moving strategically to make room for Grimwold inspection.

The lights sparks on the wall are a barrier to prevent you from coming back through the portal, and while you inspect it, they gradually disappear... The magic door is closed, you no longer feel magic from where you are...

Modran
2018-09-11, 07:50 AM
Ingwald

The farmer relaxes his breathing and a glint of moisture can be seen at the corner of his eyes when he says :
"You, you all came... for me?"

Then looking at each of his companion in turn, he adds :
"Thank you all, I owe you a debt of honor. I hope that I live long enough to be able to repay it."

Ingwald starts to bow, but realizes that he would be touching his friends if he did. he retracts and stays huddled in the corner, doing his best to avoid being in the way.

Acirann
2018-09-11, 09:15 AM
PAB

The young man was a little bit shocked by the displacement spell. Coming out of his stupor he already try to think of a plan when he hear something.

Talking very low he address his teammates.

"Shhhhhh guys, I've just heard something coming from the other side of the doors. It could have been footstep but I can't be certain"

Pab then proceed to draw his weapons and lay flat on the wall near to opening side of the door.

Dekkah
2018-09-11, 09:53 AM
Vyktor

The Shallyan give his farmer friend a small smile,
"Dont worry about it, you'd had done the same for us."

When Pab mention hearing some noise, the priest shut up and position huimself so he doesnt impede his allies movement, placing himself against a wall.

Timlaff
2018-09-11, 01:43 PM
DM

it knocks on the door, the shutter opens suddenly, you see red eyes from fatigue in the hole...

Throw your weapons away, and get back to the wall

Gallo
2018-09-11, 07:03 PM
Grimwold

Right after seeing the water in Ingwald eyes, he jokingly adds:

"Well know you might believe when I say I'm not involved in all this... or you really walk right into my trap."

After the red eyes finish his sentence, the mage drops his quarterstaff and sword, then proceed as requested :

"We will comply my good sir, but could you please tell us where we are?"

Trying to sense any magic user in the area, beside me and Vyktor.
Sense Magic: [roll0] vs 70.

Acirann
2018-09-12, 05:57 AM
PAB

The young man try to stay as flat to the as possible and try not to make a sound.

If some of his friend look at him he try to shake his head.

Modran
2018-09-12, 07:04 AM
Ingwald

At the mage's quip, Ingwald looks at him quizicaly, the puzzled expression displayed on his face clearly conveying that he does not understand what the mage is talking about. As he opens his mouth to say something, the knock happens on the door.

Ingwald bend down to gather his weapons, but has the voice says to drop them, he complies, leaving his axe and pick at his feet. He puts his back to the back wall, ready to let the mage do the talking, but tensing his muscle for a surprise leap, should the encounter turn sour.

I would like to ready a grapple action (charged if possible) against the following conditions :
1 - the visitor is alone
2 - the visitor is hostile and show signs of violence.

Dekkah
2018-09-12, 07:19 AM
Vyktor

Vytkor comply, droping his staff and pulling out his dagger from his belt and droping them on the floor. He doesnt speak for now, focusing on judging who is their jailer and trying to figure out his intentions as much as possible.

I cannot find any skill equivalent to insight (compared to DND), I can only assume it would be perception...

[roll0] VS Perception (46) to learn more about the man, his intentions and who he serve (assuming it would be a cultist, but who knows)

Timlaff
2018-09-24, 06:06 PM
DM

The jollier closes the small hatch and opens the door. He has no weapon and is advancing towards you without fear and without waiting for you to drop your weapons, but rather to take it for granted..

Leaving your weapons on the ground and no one will be hurt.

He walks over to Shallia's Priest, looking around as he walks to scrutinize the whole room, he stretches a rope to tie Vyktor’s hands...

What are you doing?

Gallo
2018-09-25, 04:58 PM
Grimwold

As quietly as possible, while the doors open, the mage invokes the arcane power, getting ready to move on the guard if he enters the cell alone. As the man comes in and start to tie his rope, the mage wait for the perfect moment to bounce on the guard to briefly touch him in order to deliver his spell.

Channelling: [roll0] vs 80.
Casting Roll: [roll1] + [roll2] + 2 (if Channelling is sucessful) vs 6.
Description: Your touch causes one opponent to fall into a slumber for 1d10 rounds unless a successful Will Power Test is made. Sleeping characters are considered to be helpless. Sleep is a touch spell.

Dekkah
2018-09-26, 07:26 AM
Vyktor

The young priest does not resist, at least not in appeareance. He place his hand in front of him to be tied up fist over fist as if he was holding a stick. He beleive that this way, the bound might be a less thight and that he might be able to try to remove them if the opportunity present itself.

Vyktor try the appear relax, but he will also try to prevent his captor to bound his hand too tight.

Here si a Strenght test to try to keep some loose in the rope [roll0] VS 37..

Fail, well let hope how I placed my hand will help ;)

Modran
2018-09-26, 02:28 PM
Ingwald

No one know whether it is because he catched on to what Grimwold was trying to do, or out of altruism for the one that is trying to save him, but Ingwald speaks to the guard:
"Hey there, tieing this chap there won't do you any good, I haven't seen him swat a fly yet, let alone attack someone! You should tie me instead, the fighter! "

Ingwald tries his best to accentuate the taunt with a deep look that would, in his head, convey all of his ability to slice the man in half.

I will try to intimidate the man into tieing me instead of the priest. I have no clue what my intimidate score his as I do not have access to my sheet.

Here is the roll : [roll0]

Timlaff
2018-10-02, 08:50 AM
DM

The guard entering the room, immediately touched by Grimwold collapses asleep on the ground... even before being able to tie the hands of Shallia's Priest... Door wide open...

Modran
2018-10-03, 07:04 AM
Ingwald

As the guard falls on the ground, Ingwald is dumbstruck. He moves his gaze from the guard to Grimwold, to the guard, to Grimwold... then a smile starts to show on the corner of his mouth as he says: "You did this Grim? good job!"

Then, seeing the rope that fell out of the guards hands, Ingwald wonders aloud: "Hmmm, should I be tieing him down, risking to contaminate him, or should you guys tie him down, risking to contract a disease if he is infected? I think it is safer if you guys do it. Can you tie him down and muffle him? I'll stand watch in the door... Oh, and take away his keys. "

Picking up his weapon, Ingwald moves to the door to watch for incoming threats.

Rolled in OOC : (1d100)[4] vs something like 31

Dekkah
2018-10-03, 07:55 AM
Vyktor

Vyktor nods his approval at Grimwold choice of magic and as Ingwald ask, he start to tie up and gag the man on the floor, pulling him inside the room.

"Make sure ther eis no one else with him out there, we would not want someone to go and alert others."

Gallo
2018-10-03, 04:59 PM
Grimwold

Picking up his weapons, the mage glance through the door, nervously, happy that is spell was successful, but ready to react to any danger that might be coming.

"Thanks guys, but let's rejoice later when we will know where we are and what is happening. Vyktor, does he have anything else on him? Any distinguishing marks?"

Dekkah
2018-10-04, 07:37 AM
Vyktor

Once he finish to bound and gag the man, Vyktor search the man.

[roll0] vs Search (23)

Modran
2018-10-09, 08:34 AM
Ingwald

Ingwald sitcks his head out of the door frame, quickly turning it right, then left to get a better idea of what to expect. Satisfied that no one is around, he partially closes the door, leaving just a slit and turns to his friends. In a whisper, he says: "All clear for now, nobody in sight.".

Then, turning back to the door to keep watch, he expresses his thoughts in a whisper, not asking anybody in particular :"Hmmm, if these people are able to suck in someone from a distance, what other things can we expect to be faced with in here, wherever here is?"

Ingwald stand ready, weapons in hand, to intercept anyone who would want to enter the room.

Ingwald is readying an attack on any person he does not recognize, that wants to come in the door.

He will also inform his comrades if he notices anything.
Listen check : [roll0] vs 33 I beleive. **Clear fail, can you keep it quiet in there? :)**

Dekkah
2018-10-09, 12:03 PM
Vyktor

The young priest nod at Ingwald remark,
"That worries me as well. I am not a magic expert in any way, but to me, that portal magic is not something trivial in any way. which means someone powerful is acting from the shadows here."

Once he is done gaging and bounding the man, he ask, "What now? Shall we leave him here and explore the place? Want me to carry him?"

Modran
2018-10-09, 02:17 PM
Ingwald

Ingwald throws a glance towards the bounded and gaged guard and says, still whispering: "Leave him here, he's too heavy for you to carry alone, and we'll need to hang on to our suspenders and run for our lives very shortly, or I am a toothless rake. "

Ingwald opens the door slowly, and cautiously looks outside the room. Once he is certain the way is clear, he walks out in a crouch, following the wall and trying to be as silent as possible.

Stealth, or move silently or whatever is needed : [roll0]

Timlaff
2018-10-10, 04:02 PM
DM

Ingwald leads the way out in the unknown complex...

He goes obviously by the sounds of desolation that this is a prison, but strangely.. without apparent oversight...

Dekkah
2018-10-11, 07:44 AM
Vyktor

The priest nod and follows his farmer friend keeping some distance and trying to be as silent as he can.

Stealth [roll0]

Timlaff
2018-10-15, 06:52 AM
DM

The prison is apparently in the basement of a small country house.

Once upstairs, you can see through the windows.. trees lit by the moon... a candle on the table to light a half-open warm meal...

Acirann
2018-10-16, 06:48 AM
PAB

The young man seem a little distraught...

"Friends, this does not make any sense. A prison with only guard, located in what seems to be a cottage lost in the wilderness.... this is really peculiar"

Dekkah
2018-10-16, 07:48 AM
Vyktor

The priest nod at Pab statement and add,
"What worries me is that to actually capture us and teleport us in a locked cell, logicly it would require some planning... but now that wea re here, we managed to espace within minutes and there is no one beside one guard... doesnt make any sense."

Timlaff
2018-10-16, 09:52 AM
DM

The wind makes the branches crack outside, disturbing noises also come from the outside.. Hard to be reassured in such a situation.... the candle light flickers occasionally..

Modran
2018-10-22, 12:03 PM
Ingwald

The farmer stops in his tracks when he ears his friend's suggestions. "You're right guys, it doesn't make sense. Would you rather have us hide outside and observe to see if anyone comes back, or try to interogate the jailor, with the possibility of having someone come in while we are downstairs?

Dekkah
2018-10-23, 08:05 AM
Vyktor

The priest walk near the windows, keeping near the wall to be hidden from those who might be outside. He scan the area and say,
"This place feels.... spooky. I'd say we dont linger here too long..."
Letting out a small sigh, he add, "Still, this is a chance to learn more about it, so I say we search this house. Meanwhile, two of you might interrogate and the last one should keep watch, I'll do it. If you find documents, gather them and we shall check them later... I think we should hurry and leave once we are done... before the one who can do magical portal show up."

Perception [roll0] vs 46
Assuming this plan is ok, I'll look for the best place to keep watch (is there a second floor)?

Modran
2018-10-23, 08:45 AM
Ingwald

The farmer listens to the priest, nodding his head occasionaly. "The thing with here, is that we don't know where here is. So running out of here headlong might end us up in as big a pile of manure as we are already in."

Ingwald then quickly scans the room, humming to himself and says: "I agree with you Vyktor, I think it's best to ruffle through this guy's belongings and then go ask him who he is and where we are, then leave."

Then, Ingwald turns to Grimwold: "Grim, how is it that this guy's portals are always bang on to where it is he wants to go? does he have to seen where the portal leads? is he close by?

Then, without waiting for Grimwold's answer, he bolts off to find anything usefull in the house.

Will search quickly for documents, maps or any other clues that would allow us to establsih where we are, or who our ennemies are.
Roll in OOC as adding this as part of an Edit. (1d100)[16] vs Search of 36 I believe.