PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PF- Sorcadin/Dragon Disciple build advice

Slayer Lord
2018-09-06, 08:54 PM
I've had an idea for a character kicking around in my head for a while and would like some advice setting it up. I haven't found very many Pathfinder guides for Sorcadins, so crunch-wise I'm mainly looking at feats, traits, and if a finesse-build with an Elven Curved Blade would be advisable. I'd also be up for some roleplaying tips to make this character really fun and interesting.

The character would start out as a half-elf paladin, brought up in her human father's holy order. Her mother was an elven sorceress who her father took as a mistress, shaming him, only to disappear shortly after her birth. After a few levels she would begin to delve more into her elven heritage, discovering her knack for sorcery, with continued reliance on her magic leading her into Dragon Disciple. At about which point she discovers her (red) dragon-blood comes from a curse that will eventually let her dragon side take over.

Obviously, Combat Casting would be a must, and I'm leaning towards Magical Knack for one of my traits to minimize loss of spellcasting while taking Dragon Disciple. From here I'm a bit at a loss. I'd considered doing a Dex build to keep from being too MAD. Any advice would be appreciated.

Kurald Galain
2018-09-07, 12:32 AM
I've had an idea for a character kicking around in my head for a while and would like some advice setting it up.
Given that this is Pathfinder, the easiest way to approach this is by playing either a Bloodrager or an Eldritch Scion magus, in both cases with the Draconic bloodline. Both are straight out-of-the-box solutions that offer better synergy than the dragon disciple. Notably, if you want to play a magical warrior (gish), then both of these offer the option to cast and attack in the same turn from a low level.

Magus guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus), at your service.

Florian
2018-09-07, 03:22 AM
I haven't found very many Pathfinder guides for Sorcadins

You're still pretty deep in the 3.5E mindset, judging from the feats you mentioned, right? Sorcadin builds are pretty uninteresting in PF, especially because the improved economy of actions that the real gish classes, Bloodrager, Magus, Warpriest, can provide will beat the 16/9th schtick any day of the week.

RP wise, you should check Legacy of Dragons, if possible. Bloodlines, especially draconic and outsider-related ones, happen more by association than by crude methods like sexual intercourse.
For example, it would be very natural and valid for a Paladin of Apsu (God of good dragons), to develop either the Draconic or Celestial bloodline based on close proximity.