PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ork Priest of Gorum build?

Scryangi
2018-09-07, 04:22 PM
About a year ago I saw in passing a build that I just can't seem to find again. It looked really well made, and this is what I can remember.

VMC Fighter for Weapon Training 1, to be used with Gloves of Dueling.
Duel Domain for Dance of a Hundred Cuts.
Rage Domain to open up Barbarian exclusive feats.

And I think also Gorum's Divine Fighting Technique.

Could you guys help me make a character that can make me feel like a real Gorum champion? The group is just me and a Skulking Hunter (Ranger/Druid hybrid).

Eldonauran
2018-09-07, 05:05 PM
I havent seen that build but I did make my own "Priest of Gorum" build around the half-orc.

Half-orc (open up orc feats/human feats)
Druid [Nature Fang/Druid of Gorum] (Slayer Talents, Domain, Sneak attack, can't cast in metal armor but you keep abilities)
VMC optional, but you could go fighter if you want.

I could post more if you are interested.

Scryangi
2018-09-07, 05:07 PM
I havent seen that build but I did make my own "Priest of Gorum" build around the half-orc.

Half-orc (open up orc feats/human feats)
Druid [Nature Fang/Druid of Gorum] (Slayer Talents, Domain, Sneak attack, can't cast in metal armor but you keep abilities)
VMC optional, but you could go fighter if you want.

I could post more if you are interested.

Oh of course, please do :)

Eldonauran
2018-09-07, 05:29 PM
Alrighty. I have it built up to level 13.

First is ask your DM if you can take the Rage domain instead of a Druid domain. Since you are going to be a Druid of Gorum (an archetype from Kingmaker) it would make sense that it would be an option. If that gets a thumbs up, take it. If not, select the Crocodile domain (scaling sneak attack). Whichever domain you get, trade away the 1st level domain power (Touch of Rage or Deathroll) for the Divine Fighting Technique (Gorum).

Now, if you were able to take the Rage Domain, your VMC is free to pick as you will (Fighter if you want to dueling gloves). You probably won't need it as the Nature Fang gets the slayer's studied target ability (one enemy only). If not, take Barbarian and pick up a Protector familiar for the damage sharing @ level 5+.

Feats/Talents:
B) Divine Fighting Technique (Gorum)
1) Shield Focus
3) VMC ABILITY
4) Talent: Ranger Combat Style [Gorum]: Power Attack
5) Unhindering Shield
6) Talent: Ranger Combat Style [Gorum]: Vital Strike
7) VMC ABILITY
8) Talent: Weapon Training: Weapon Focus (Greatsword)
9) **YOUR CHOICE**
10) Talent: Ranger Combat Style [Gorum]: Improved Vital Strike
11) VMC ABILITY
12) Advanced Talent: Opportunist
13) Extra Rage Power

If you choose not to take VMC, you have that many more feats to work with. I highly suugest a familiar, if you can manage it. The Protector is amazing and will make up for the lower HD, effectively surpassing a Barbarian of equal level at level 11.

Scryangi
2018-09-07, 05:42 PM
Oh wow, that is very well thought out. I never would have thought you could get Ranger combat styles like this. Too bad Gorum doesn't have a single feat familiar like Calistria. http://archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Wasp%20Familiar (http://archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Wasp%20Familiar)

However, I don't remember that archetype from the Gorum article in Kingmaker. All I remember is that his priests always go for metal armor as fast as possible, even though they can't cast while wearing it. Fortunately, while rereading it, it seems they do not lose their spellcasting for 24 hours if they wear armor. Is that what you meant?

Eldonauran
2018-09-07, 06:39 PM
Apologies. Crossed a few wires there for a second:
Pathfinder #35: War of the River Kings pg. 73 (This is where the Druid of Gorum is located) The important text is:

Followers are forbidden from casting the rusting grasp spell. Druids are permitted to wear metal armor, though they do not automatically gain proficiency in any other categories of armor. They cannot cast spells while wearing metal armor, nor does it meld with them when they use wild shape; druids interested in metal armor acquire a set for a specific beast form and have allies or slaves put it on them when it is time to fight.

Yeah, you'll need to take Eldritch Heritage and the Arcane Bloodline for the easiest Familiar acquisition.

One of the best things about being a Nature Fang is the number of various roles you can choose to specialize in. Can't fit in all of them at the same time, but you can build towards what is needed. Spellcasting, melee/damage, support, skills, utility, etc.