PDA

View Full Version : The spell Sniper Feat - I'd like to optimize a character who uses it

Nosta
2018-09-07, 09:32 PM
I am still very new to 5e and Don't know my way around all the way.

I once placed a Spell-warp sniper character in a 3.5 game
I kinda want to make a Magical sniper for fun and I'd appreciate some help making it not suck

I like to make it a level 10 character so I can build backwards

Part of me is thinking Warlock but i am unsure if i should or if i should go another class.

would Arcane Archer be any good for it?

Desteplo
2018-09-07, 09:57 PM
Arcane archer no
Warlock? Probably. Eldritch blast gets good mileage. Distance is added by an invocation, distance gets diminishing returns though

Sword coast guide has melee cantrips (booming blade)
With spell sniper range increase to 10ft

Eldritch knight with spell sniper can use a polearm or whip using those cantrips

Nosta
2018-09-07, 10:09 PM
Arcane archer no
Warlock? Probably. Eldritch blast gets good mileage. Distance is added by an invocation, distance gets diminishing returns though

Sword coast guide has melee cantrips (booming blade)
With spell sniper range increase to 10ft

Eldritch knight with spell sniper can use a polearm or whip using those cantrips

What Build would you recommend for A Eldritch knight?
prefer to use a pole-arm

CTurbo
2018-09-07, 10:53 PM
Arcane Trickster with Spell Sniper, Booming Blade, and whip is the best IMO. You'd be able to sneak attack and the enemy would trigger the

Warlock with Eldritch Spear and Spell Sniper can shoot EB from 600ft away.

Asmotherion
2018-09-07, 11:06 PM
Well, there's always the Flying Blaster:

Warlock 5 (Hexblade) for Agonising Blast and Eldritch Spear, as well as Eldritch Smite (Versality) or Repeling Blast (More Control Power).

Sorcerer X for Distant Spell and Quicken Spell

Spell Sniper Feat.

Fly Spell OR Sorcerer Wings when you get them.

Get Booming Blade for versality. Most of the stuff here Stack with it.

Eldritch Blast them from up to 1200 feet in the Air like you don't care. Now that's a Sniper. By the time they close the distance between you, they will long be dead.

PS: Invest in Divination Spells to know were the Enemy is before you meet them, to make the build actually effective;

Lunali
2018-09-07, 11:12 PM
If you're inclined to include UA, the loremaster variety of wizard can extend the range of any spell with a range of at least 30' out to 1 mile.

Naanomi
2018-09-07, 11:15 PM
Half-Elf Sorcerer/Fighter/Assassin/Warlock... snipe a volley of 12 Eldritch Blasts at advantage+ and autocrit from massive distances... a true sniper of spells

Grear Bylls
2018-09-07, 11:19 PM
What Build would you recommend for A Eldritch knight?
prefer to use a pole-arm

Well, use warcaster, polearm master, spell sniper, and GWM for a very funky character. be a V Human for a first level feat, and pick up the rest as fighter. I'd suggest battle master. The idea is let them come to you, booming blade them, and just beat the crap out of them with your three attacks.