PDA

View Full Version : Slaad as BBEG in jungle campaign

Camman1984
2018-09-09, 09:52 AM
I am planning on running a jungle campaign, heavily based off the european pillaging of central America, complete with frontier towns, looting pyramids of gold, disease etc.

I am planning that the big bad of the area is going to be a slaad, probably a green salad. He hopes to become a grey slaad and has decided he can earn this by chasing away the faerunian invaders, using the lizardmen that worship him to put the native and non-native humans against each other and start a war, eventually returning the jungle to its natural state of disorder.

Does this sound like a good starting point? it feels very warhammer fantasy with temples, giant frogs and lizards but I like that, gives me a good flavour.

what are slaad like as antagonists? was thinking if giving him a couple of blue lieutenants.

what sort of level would the party be looking at when they finally meet the great slaad? they are going to start as level 1, hired by local treasure hunters to steal riches from the new world to take back to faerun.

any other tips on running a fun jungle campaign also appreciated