PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Need For Speed: Vigilante?

2018-09-10, 12:37 PM
I have a superhero character I'm converting into Pathfinder for another game, and while most of the characters abilities can be handled by some classes I've found being elsewhere in the tristalt, I'm getting stuck on one particular aspect: the character is a (by superhero standards) rather minor speedster, able to move and react at approximately triple human speeds. I'm thinking Improved Initiative, the Shadow Speed vigilante talent, Monk FoB, and Monk speed will be enough to pull this off, but I was wondering if there was a more dedicated speedster class than Monk that could maybe pull off this kind of speed better?

Eldonauran
2018-09-10, 02:14 PM
There is always the spell Cheetah's Sprint (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/cheetah-s-sprint/) to mimic short bursts of insane speed.

Geddy2112
2018-09-10, 03:39 PM
Barbarians can get pretty fast as well, with the 10ft increase to movement speed as well as being able to get up to 30ft speed increase from swift foot rage power.

Elves can start out the gate with a 35ft movement speed due to alternate racial traits. The elven FCB for monk and barbarian is +1 to movement speed, adding a +20 to speed at level 20. The fleet feat is a simple +10

If you really wanna go ham, there are several posts in this reddit thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_RPG/comments/61s20u/fastest_character_possible/).

Mehangel
2018-09-10, 03:54 PM
If third party content is allowed, might I suggest DSP's Voyager class, and DDS's Athletic sphere (from Spheres of Might)?

2018-09-10, 04:52 PM
If third party content is allowed, might I suggest DSP's Voyager class, and DDS's Athletic sphere (from Spheres of Might)?

From what I'm reading, Voyager sounds like it'd be a much better fit than monk, although I can't actually access the class so that's a problem. :smallfrown: Spheres could work, although I'm allergic to learning new subsystems...but I should probably just bite the bullet and do it.

Ninjaxenomorph
2018-09-10, 05:50 PM
From what I'm reading, Voyager sounds like it'd be a much better fit than monk, although I can't actually access the class so that's a problem. :smallfrown: Spheres could work, although I'm allergic to learning new subsystems...but I should probably just bite the bullet and do it.

Are you having trouble finding the actual release, or is DSP/Psionics not allowed?

2018-09-10, 06:38 PM
Are you having trouble finding the actual release, or is DSP/Psionics not allowed?

We don't have a set allowed sources yet, but the DM seemed flexible about 3pp/homebrew when discussing stuff pre-recruitment thread. I just can't seem to find the Voyager class posted anywhere not requiring payment (it's not up on pfsrd, that I can find anyway). If that's how it is, that's understandable on their end, but it does limit access. If I've just missed it being posted elsewhere, that'd be great, but if not, I'll have to figure out what to do about it.