PDA

View Full Version : Politics in the playground.

Ichneumon
2007-09-15, 08:39 AM
Now, I was really curious to know how many of you here are a member of a political party?

I am, are you? I've been a member for 2 years now.

Also, because politics is a no go area on these boards, please do not say WHICH party, just if.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-09-15, 10:18 AM
I ran for a election (before I got tired and then I briskly walked for one), Liberty won over me though.:smallfrown:

(Really "Give me Death or Liberty", and they chose her! It's just because she had a speech that didn't involve kitten rights and focused on *higher* things isn't it? Tsk, I never wanted that seat anyway.)

....Now I have the urge to listen to Monty Pythons election special...

bosssmiley
2007-09-15, 10:25 AM
NYDB. :smallannoyed:

GITP is entirely the wrong place to ask this given the number of minors and non-US nationals on this site, as well as the founder's rules.

Sage for potentially inflammatory thread (despite the initial good intentions of the OP).

Ichneumon
2007-09-15, 10:41 AM
NYDB. :smallannoyed:

GITP is entirely the wrong place to ask this given the number of minors and non-US nationals on this site, as well as the founder's rules.

Sage for potentially inflammatory thread (despite the initial good intentions of the OP).

Yes, I think you are right. This wasn't the good place. So, what should I do, should I report my own thread and ask a mod to delete it? Or how does that work?

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-09-15, 11:11 AM
Yes, I think you are right. This wasn't the good place. So, what should I do, should I report my own thread and ask a mod to delete it? Or how does that work?

I know you don't mean to cause any trouble, but politics is just one of those things you can't talk about without causing controversy. Even mentioning politics will soon start an argument.

Personally, I don't belong to any political parties, and try to stay out of politics for this very reason.

I think you can only delete your own posts, not threads. You can just let this one fall off the page with no problems.

Roland St. Jude
2007-09-15, 11:16 AM

Sheriff of Moddingham: I'll close the thread for you. :smallsmile: