PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 3rd Party far realm influence style supplement

Dalmosh
2018-09-10, 08:22 PM
Hello,

I remember seeing a supplement released a few years ago dealing with Colour Out of Space/Annihilation/the Sick Lands type scenarios and how to implement them into d20 campaigns.

It had information on mutated/altered races with strange otherworldly tech, and how that might be best fitted into a fantasy style gameworld.

Can anyone jog my memory on the name of this supplement?

ViperMagnum357
2018-09-10, 09:58 PM
There is Chaositech, by Monte Cook, printed under the Sword and Sorcery license-that seems like what you want, from the description.

Dalmosh
2018-09-10, 10:10 PM
Looks totally perfect for what I'm going for if its not.
Thanks a lot.

ATHATH
2018-09-11, 12:09 PM
There's also a Dragon Magazine article (from issue #330) on the Far Realm that contains the Cerebrosis feat, some Far Realm-themed spells and monsters, and (IIRC) some information about what happens when Far Realm stuff starts leaking onto the material plane.

Thurbane
2018-09-11, 04:38 PM
There's also a D&D adaptation section in Call of Cthulhu d20 (3.0).

I'd love to track down a 3.5 conversion of Gates of Firestorm Peak: the 2E module that introduced the far Realm to D&D...

Dalmosh
2018-09-16, 02:32 AM
Cheers for responses... I remember another Dragon article about the Far Realm that had an adventure path against a fungal entity that had infested a keep, and was trying to spread.
It had explantory text that read along the lines of "XXXXXX is not a raging demon or a moustache-twirling devil, it desires only to exist and to grow".
Do you recall where that article was published?

Basically I want to be able to treat Far Realm cysts a bit like diseases, that PCs can resist and avoid, or embrace and try to control.
The Warp Touch disease in BoVD gives some more extreme deformities from deep exposure.
Heroes of Horror taint/depravity rules come close, and that Dragon article is really useful too.