PDA

View Full Version : Changes compendium

zylodrizzt
2018-09-11, 07:27 AM
No I don't have any changes myself but we have all heard about some I'm sure. From classes to feats to spells to some silly thing like the dying rules whatever. The goal is to allow people to puruse the changes they might need in their game whether gm or players. Lets not fight about anything let's just look over the ideas and you can use them and or adjust them for your game.

For easy reading maybe a format. Feel free to add to the format

Name of change
Why it needs change
Purpose of change
How this changes it
Findings
Other

Some I'm interested to see are 4 elements monk, storm herald, battle rager and two weapon fighting.

Unoriginal
2018-09-11, 07:46 AM
If you want to avoid fights, you should probably call them "changes" rather than "fixes".

Fixing implies it is broken. People who don't think X thing is broken will generally dispute it.

Kane0
2018-09-11, 07:49 AM
I've got too much to copy in here, just follow my sig. TWF is among the changes i've made, not so much on the barb subclasses.

Eragon123
2018-09-11, 09:56 AM
Here is the critically acclaimed 4 elements monk fix https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1pdYIcfHauwNDM2My1XeWFYSDA/view

And here is my fix for Berserker Barbarian
Barbarians
Path of the Berserker
-Method to the Madness
You learn to push past the pain when you frenzy.*
Lv 4: While raging you do not feel the effects of exhaustion.
-Hardened Warrior
You are so used to pushing your body to the edge and recovering that you are especially adept at doing so.*
Lv 5: When you spend a hit die on a short rest, it also recovers 1 level of exhaustion.

Millstone85
2018-09-11, 01:06 PM
Blastlock Invocations, Revised

To nerf warlock dips without any change for pure warlocks.

Agonizing Blast
Prerequisite: eldritch blast cantrip
When you cast eldritch blast, add your Charisma modifier to the damage it deals on a hit. This bonus applies up to one hit at 2nd level, two hits at 5th level, three hits at 11th level, and four hits at 17th level, referring only to your level in this class.

Eldritch Spear
When you cast eldritch blast, its range is 300 feet. This bonus applies up to one beam at 2nd level, two beams at 5th level, three beams at 11th level, and four beams at 17th level, referring only to your level in this class.

Repelling Blast
When you hit a creature with eldritch blast, you can push the creature up to 10 feet away from you in a straight line. This bonus applies up to one hit at 2nd level, two hits at 5th level, three hits at 11th level, and four hits at 17th level, referring only to your level in this class.

Ganymede
2018-09-11, 01:41 PM
Just completely delete Divine Smite from paladins and let them use their smite spells instead.

stoutstien
2018-09-11, 02:16 PM
Blastlock Invocations, Revised

To nerf warlock dips without any change for pure warlocks.

Agonizing Blast
When you cast eldritch blast, add your Charisma modifier to the damage it deals on a hit. This bonus applies up to one hit at 2nd level, two hits at 5th level, three hits at 11th level, and four hits at 17th level, referring only to your level in this class.

Eldritch Spear
When you cast eldritch blast, its range is 300 feet. This bonus applies up to one beam at 2nd level, two beams at 5th level, three beams at 11th level, and four beams at 17th level, referring only to your level in this class.

Repelling Blast
When you hit a creature with eldritch blast, you can push the creature up to 10 feet away from you in a straight line. This bonus applies up to one hit at 2nd level, two hits at 5th level, three hits at 11th level, and four hits at 17th level, referring only to your level in this class.

I did something similar. Also just made repelling blast once per turn. No ST so 40 feet of no restricted knock back felt out of line.

Also let any race take the prodigy feat.

LudicSavant
2018-09-12, 06:32 PM
Light and Thrown weapons don't take up the "1/turn free interaction" action to draw.

Why it needs change: Because by RAW you can't throw two javelins with Extra Attack, and people want throwing things to be more viable.
How this changes it: Throwing weapons are more viable for characters with Extra Attack, and featless TWFers have less hassles.

Ganymede
2018-09-12, 06:46 PM
Light and Thrown weapons don't take up the "1/turn free interaction" action to draw.

Why it needs change: Because by RAW you can't throw two javelins with Extra Attack, and people want throwing things to be more viable.
How this changes it: Throwing weapons are more viable for characters with Extra Attack, and featless TWFers have less hassles.

I'd rather nip this straight in the bud and change the "interact with an object" rule so that you can interact with objects and features in the environment for free, and just let the DM decide what is and isn't too much to do in a turn.