PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer Multiclass Question

Zanthy1
2018-09-11, 11:51 AM
Hello everyone!

Building a character who is a sorcerer, and was thinking of multiclassing to get some armor proficiency and maybe a little extra. No more than 2 levels can be dedicated to non-sorcerer classes.

My thoughts are either Fighter 2, Hexblade 2, or Cleric 1, maybe a second later on.

What're your thoughts on builds? Cleric is the current front runner, because I would only need to take 1 level of it to gain what I specifically want and won't feel pressured to go more cleric immediately. Medium armor is probably what I'm looking at.

Man_Over_Game
2018-09-11, 12:58 PM
1 level into Hexblade gives a lot of benefits to a Sorcerer, including the Medium armor proficiency you're looking for. The ability to convert your unused Warlock slots into spent Sorcery Points is always a plus.

The Hexblade's Curse adds a lot of power to taking down bosses, since it's not specific to using weapons (but it is specific that it requires attack or damage rolls).

A second level into Warlock will give you Invocations, which is one of the most powerful level 2 dips you can go for.

Keravath
2018-09-11, 01:59 PM
Hexblade 2 is the classic choice for the option of quickened agonizing eldritch blast, charisma to weapon attack and damage, medium armor, shield and martial weapon proficiency ... 2 short rest spell slots, shield and hex spells. eldritch blast + one cantrip ... agonizing blast + one more invocation (popular choices are devils sight for devils sight+darkness as well as the ability to see in the dark if you are playing a race without Darkvision, repelling blast for the ability to push the opponent 10' away on each hit (or over a cliff or off a bridge if the situation allows), mask of many faces for at will disguise self if you focus on some of the social skills e.g. deception)

Fighter doesn't add that much compared to hexblade in my opinion for a sorcerer.

If you want the cleric spells then the divine soul sorcerer is a good choice. Shadow sorcerer can be very thematic in combination with a hexblade.

If you go with vHuman and shadow sorcerer you will get Darkvision as a sorcerer perk and a feat to go along with it.
Good options could be ... resilient con or wis depending on whether you start sorcerer or warlock ... lucky, spell sniper, crossbow expert (allows you to use cantrips with targets adjacent without disadvantage on the attack rolls ... and allows the use of a hand crossbow if you like).