PDA

View Full Version : Xykon vs Alucard

Guts
2007-09-15, 10:54 AM
Since we've had a few 'Xykon vs..' topics, I might as well throw in a stupid one. Xykon against Alucard from the manga/anime/OVA Hellsing (not the pale boy from CV). I wonder how a fight between these two arrogant undead would work out.
A piece about his personality and powers are found here.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alucard_%28Hellsing%29.

(Raises flame shield)

Moff Chumley
2007-09-15, 11:27 AM
Never heard of Alucard, but based on the Wiki page...

Immortality - Xykon is also immortal, if a little less so
Regeneration - Xykon also eventually regenerates, if a little slower
Superhuman senses - Xykon don't need no superhuman senses
Incredible accuracy - Xykon also don't need no incredible accuracy
Superhuman strength - Thats what hordes of hobgoblins are for
Superhuman speed - Teleport, ya'll
The ability to pass through solid objects- Meteor Swarm, ya'll
The ability to defy gravity to a certain extent - Fly, ya'll
Manipulation of shadows into physical form - Read: epic level wizard
The ability to summon familiars, including a giant, amorphous hellhound, and other creatures such as bats and insects Hobgoblin hordes
Shapeshifting - Shapeshift
The ability to control the weather - Why does it matter?
Teleportation - Teleport
Telekinesis - Telekensis
Telepathy - Who needs telepathy?
Mind reading - Who needs mind reading?
Mind Control or Hypnosis - METEOR SWARM!

Yes, I know. These aren't very good arguments. But Xykon doesn't have a sob story. And that... that made all the difference.

Guts
2007-09-15, 11:41 AM
Update on some of the powers. Al typically allows himself to be turned into bloodstains, ashes and the stuff the weird kids eat and has been bisected by a heavily blessed weapon and pulls himselfs back together in at the most a few minutes. his familars also included the souls of the millions of people he drank blood from.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-15, 12:51 PM
Alucard's whole purpose is in unlife is to hunt the undead. Unless Xykon has a way to put him down permanently during the inevitable holding-back/gloating at the beginning of the fight, Alucard wins.

Of course, he may or may not destroy Xykon's phylactery. He'd probably "forget" unless he was explicitly ordered to or X pissed him off enough.

Morty
2007-09-15, 12:54 PM
Alucard's whole purpose is in unlife is to hunt the undead. Unless Xykon has a way to put him down permanently during the inevitable holding-back/gloating at the beginning of the fight, Alucard wins.

Of course, he may or may not destroy Xykon's phylactery. He'd probably "forget" unless he was explicitly ordered to or X pissed him off enough.

Xykon is a high-level arcane spellcaster, which means he indeed can put him down permanently. Not to mention Overland Flight and Forcecage.

2007-09-15, 12:54 PM
I don't think it should be allowed to have Western characters fight Anime characters, because 1) Anime fanboys are much more rabid and 2) Anime characters always have crazy "I smash planets with my eyelids" type powers.

Attilargh
2007-09-15, 01:10 PM
2) Anime characters always have crazy "I smash planets with my eyelids" type powers.
Sad but true. (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/124/376872148_445a1ffb7d_o.jpg)

Hagentai
2007-09-15, 01:14 PM
Sad but true. (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/124/376872148_445a1ffb7d_o.jpg)

In the same breath he posts fan boy and than calls all anime dragon ball and sailor moon. Ironic? Or just dumb?

I'm picking Xykon by not being gay. Or letting himself being ordered around by a stuck up British woman.

Guts
2007-09-15, 02:17 PM
I'll pick Xykon too. At least his powers have limits since they are based on dnd rules.

Alucard, while not on the 'I'll destroy the whole universe DBZ type' level he kinda feels like one of those characters who ramdomly spawn powers when in trouble or who is basically capable of anything and everything and is arbitarily given limits in different situations.

Kai Maera
2007-09-15, 02:32 PM
I'd have to side with Vladimir Ţepeş III on this one.
Legendary vampire lord > standard lich.

Kurald Galain
2007-09-15, 06:12 PM
Alucard is just a stupid ripoff. He should be fighting Nokyx instead.

Axl_Rose
2007-09-15, 10:14 PM
Alucard is just a stupid ripoff. He should be fighting Nokyx instead.

haha, that was pretty funny actually.

I wonder what Nokyx would look like...

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-15, 10:19 PM
Xykon is a high-level arcane spellcaster, which means he indeed can put him down permanently. Not to mention Overland Flight and Forcecage.
I'm pretty sure Alucard has shot his way through force fields before...don't quote me on that.

Eh, I'm not that qualified to argue. I only watched about six episodes of Hellsing...and I'm not totally sure if that was the series or the OVA.

Axl_Rose
2007-09-15, 10:29 PM
wow I just read the wiki and that series just reminded me of why I hated anime in the first place. You get the idea that as a character he's earned a sense of honour and respect among fans but come on - he's a clear monster. He likes to break down his victims? Does he just go around killing things randomly?

W/e - I'd hope fer a Xykon victory, even if it is an entirely biased reasoning. Hey, it's preference; it's supposed to entail bias haha.

Behold_the_Void
2007-09-15, 10:30 PM
Being a huge fan of anime and having watched an inordinate amount of anime in my time, I still put epic D&D casters above most any anime character out there.

Hell, half the time my roomate and I get into impromptu discussions on what level x anime character is in what class. Very few get pegged as Wizard, and fewer have spell selections worth a damn.

Green Bean
2007-09-15, 10:47 PM
haha, that was pretty funny actually.

I wonder what Nokyx would look like...

After hours of painstaking research and computer simulations, backed by top of the line computing technology, I can now give you a detailed composite sketch of what Xykon's exact opposite would look like.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h87/osiris32/nokyx.png

I know; the skill and technique involved seems almost miraculous, doesn't it. :smallbiggrin:

Matuse
2007-09-16, 08:39 PM
Wouldn't the uh..."evil" opposite of Xykon need to be alive?

Green Bean
2007-09-16, 08:42 PM

Do you doubt the power of the Computer? Unbeliever! Heretic! :smallamused:

Kai Maera
2007-09-16, 09:19 PM

You have something against skinny jet-black people with white noses and no pupils? Racism! *kidding, I swear*

Kurald Galain
2007-09-17, 02:15 AM

No - Xykon is undead, therefore Nokyx is unliving.

Nokyx is apparently a female skeleton, although it is hard to tell the difference. Since she has roughly the opposite of Xykon's stats, that'd make her an effective cleric, although with her abysmal charisma she'd have no followers (sorry, no Bluerobe the kobold wizard as a sidekick). I'd submit that, rather than chaotic evil, her alignment is evil chaotic. After all, every opposite we've seen so far in the comic is an evil opposite.

DreadSpoon
2007-09-17, 03:39 AM
Eh, I'm not that qualified to argue. I only watched about six episodes of Hellsing...and I'm not totally sure if that was the series or the OVA.

The OVA only has 3 episodes out so far in Japan (and only 2 translated to English), so it would be the series.

The series was very untrue to the original manga, especially after the Valentine Borthers story arc (at which point it completely deviates).

So far as Xykon vs Alucard... the most badass thing Alucard can do is summon the souls of all those he's slain, and since a single (high level) human paladin was able to defeat those and fight Alucard, and since Xykon can slay a room full of high level paladins and still have juice left over, I'd say Xykon could kill Alucard no sweat.

On the other hand, the Alucard from Castlevania could take Xykon, because he managed to take down Demon Dracula, who on all levels surpasses Xykon and every other vampire or undead, being the Lord of Chaos and likely having a deity rank of at least 0 (remember that mortals have a null deity rank, so 0 is still way better). He could also take the other Alucard down pretty easily. He could certainly not take Van Helsing (from the movie, not the anime), since Van Helsing could take a monster moon flung out of orbit by a pre-crisis Superman with Batman on it (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/01/19). QED.

Senex
2007-09-17, 03:56 AM
We all know just how effective Xykon is at fighting high-level incorporeal characters (and Alucard's 'fanged darkness' form is pretty much incorporeal) who have good saving throws and can pierce his DR.

Zencao
2007-09-17, 10:23 AM
I think they'd be best friends and rule the universe.

Dracula (or alucard if you prefer :P) Is an ancient undead monster that fights on a near god level, extremely cocky and can only really be killed by holy objects (which I'm guessing xykon doesn't have around all the time...)

Xykon is a very epic undead lich. Very cocky and likes to joke around.

Sounds like one of those "odd couple" t.v shows where opposite people who are similar deep down go on wacky adventures

Closet_Skeleton
2007-09-17, 11:07 AM
I don't think it should be allowed to have Western characters fight Anime characters, because 1) Anime fanboys are much more rabid and 2) Anime characters always have crazy "I smash planets with my eyelids" type powers.

You have a very narrow view of the world.

Guts
2007-09-17, 11:46 AM
I partly agree with closet skeleton. Not all anime characters have universe smoking powers. Anyways I love Hellsing, but it loses some of its sparkle since Alucard almost always guaranteed to win (only people been a challenge to him are Anderson esp with the Nail and Vampire Walter).

Basically the fight mostly depends on whether Xykon is bright enough to stay for a while and play on the fact that Al is very cocky and likes to pussyfit with his enemies (like having them reduce him to ashes then he or his helldoggie sucks their blood/eats them). He would probably want to prepare some spell that does something to AL's soul cause the vampire would just keep on regenerating or some spell to seal off regeneration (I dont play dnd so are there spells like that). But then again Xykon is quite cocky and I wonder how he would stand up to Al's freakishly big guns.

I also wonder how Belkar would get on with the Nazi major Montana Max (check the external links at the botton of the wiki in the first post for his name). Two short people who like blood being spilled, though for diff. reasons.

2007-09-17, 02:21 PM
You have a very narrow view of the world.

No, I expanded my horizons, I broke away and watched plenty of anime.

And all of the ones that have combat or magic in them have some guy somewhere who can do something so utterly crazy that even Silver Age Superman goes, "Wuh?"

Hell, Tenchi from Tenchi Muyo CAN CUT SPACESHIPS IN HALF WHILE HE IS INSIDE THEM.

Gri
2007-09-17, 03:17 PM
Watch "Ergo Proxy" . The Proxies are spousedly godlike and superhuman, but they get killed all the time. Sometimes by humans that dont have any powers at all. Ergo Proxy is an anime. Ergo Proxy has combat. Ergo I win. : P

chrono
2007-09-17, 03:20 PM
To start off, anybody who hasn't watched Hellsing is technically unqualified to participate in this discussion. People who dislike anime as a whole (most often after viewing crappy anime) also have a one-sided opinion with which I won't argue.

Disclaimer: admittedly, Alucard is one of my favorite characters, if only because he is a selfish arrogant bastard.

So to start off from Alucard's best qualities and abilities and go down:
1. He can't be killed permanently and Xykon's limited spell selection doesn't help here.
Supporting evidence: almost in every fight he takes massive damage, quite often a lot more than Xykon has been known to sustain. He also fought what's likely the highest level paladin in existence and beat him (and that guy is scary and also pretty immortal)
1a: he regenerates a lot faster than Xykon
1b: he can drink blood to regenerate, which is worth a lot against a horde of low-level goblins if we choose to involve them
2. His minions are worth a lot more - the souls of all those dead have been known to cause massive damage (crack the earth and such), eat high level characters, sustain massive damage and possibly regain power from eating their foes
3. He can duke out a lot more damage than Xykon can
Supporting evidence: kills ghouls on touch, special anti-undead weapons (kills multiple ghouls in one shot, among other things), minions eat high level vampires. He carries more clips than Xykon has meteor swarms ;)
4. He can dodge a lot more than Xykon can
Supporting evidence: shadow step at will, exceptional reflexes, passing through walls, semi-flying

Admittedly, he hasn't been meteor swarm-ed as far as I know, but he did get stabbed by a blizzard of anti-undead blades thrown by an insanely high level character, which would likely do a lot more damage. He also hasn't been shown to fight against flying foes, but we can only assume that the guns will do their part just right.

At any rate, the argument is pointless after the "he can't be killed" and "he doesn't have a cast limit to his powers" arguments.

I think that if Xykon was in the anime the fight would start by Alucard taking a few meteor swarms (maybe dodging some), then getting reduced to dust from one of them, then rising and wiping the floor with Xykon.

If Alucard was in the OOTS there would be at least some joke about two arrogant undead semi-immortal blaster characters fighting each other and Xykon would bail at some point (or get broken again).

In both cases I doubt either would be permanently killed, but I would bet on Xykon's destruction in both scenarios.

Edit: I missed something important
Cohorts: a vampire chick with a cannon (complete with shells against heavy armor, or exploding ones against crowds), a crazy butler who kills low level minions by the dozens V.S. MITD and a high level cleric.
Bearing in mind that finger of death doesn't help against vampires and Alucard likely can't be turned, Xykon would make a big mistake to involve Redcloak. Since the MITD is a real wild card, there's little more I can say, though Xykon's cohorts are likely worth more than Alucard's.

DreadSpoon
2007-09-17, 06:56 PM
3. He can duke out a lot more damage than Xykon can
Supporting evidence: kills ghouls on touch, special anti-undead weapons (kills multiple ghouls in one shot, among other things), minions eat high level vampires. He carries more clips than Xykon has meteor swarms ;)

Protection from Normal Missles renders Alucards firearms 100% useless. Alucard's touch attacks only work on enemies which are instantly destroyed when a single weak point (heart or head) is hit, which is uselss on Xykon. You can render him completely destroyed... and he still comes back to life. It is not known whether a disintegrated Alucard (who btw has a mediocre Fortitude save on account of being undead, with no CON score to speak of) would come back to life, however, as he has never been disintigrated. Evidence indicates that Alucard does indeed need blood to survive, as he was rendered useless when he was dehydrated in the Hellsing dungeon. One can surmise that if he were "killed" and all the blood were removed (as a disintegrate would do), he might just die permanently.

Xykon got owned by ghost paladins, but then, they were Paladins, with smite evils and holy attacks, not an undead. Plus Alucard is not incoporeal by any means. His familiars might be (or they might be closer to illusions along the lines of a phantasmal killer), but Xykon isn't trying to kill the familiars - he's trying to kill Alucard, and even a simple spell like magic missile would be effective in that fight.

I would forsee Alucard vs Xykon working out something like this:

Match One: Alucard and Xykon face off. Xykon does not take Alucard seriously. Alucard rips Xykon to shreds. Match one over, Alucard winner.

Match Two: Xykon regenerates. Xykon actually uses a little "brute force strategy" preparation (as in his fight against Dorukan in SOD) and utterly destroys Alucard in a single surprise round. Final match, Xykon winner.

Then Trevor Belmont leaps into the scene and battles Dracula, Xykon, and Death all at the same time, and beats the crap out of all three in about 8 rounds. Fortunately, Dracula always comes back to life, Xykon does as well, and Death can't die. They regenerate and kill Trevor while singing show tunes.

Then Vampire Hunter D pops in and kills them all, and then resurrects Alucard just to kill him for having a stupid name, and then jumps in the planar hole that let the Castlevania characters come into OOTS World to kill that Alucard as well.

Then Lina Inverse casts Giga Slave, screws it up, and the whole universe is undone. Then the Lord of Nightmares and the Snarl, but since they're quite unpredictable on account of being made of primal chaos and totally incomprehensible to mere mortals, they just end up watching Seinfield (whose humor is incomprehensible to mere mortals) at the Snarl's apartment instead.

The End.

SurlySeraph
2007-09-17, 07:16 PM
Of course, Xykon would clearly win. He's so much better than Alucard in every way. Alucard sucks. I hate him.

Ignore that. I know Alucard would win, I'm just still bitter that he killed Anderson.

wow I just read the wiki and that series just reminded me of why I hated anime in the first place. You get the idea that as a character he's earned a sense of honour and respect among fans but come on - he's a clear monster. He likes to break down his victims? Does he just go around killing things randomly?

He's only the hero because he's marginally less evil than most of the other characters, most of the time. He's still very much evil.

Castamir
2007-09-17, 07:38 PM
I would forsee Alucard vs Xykon working out something like this:

The End.
And then Chuck Norris enters the fray...

2007-09-17, 08:14 PM
Ahhh, the anti-hero fixation.

And these are the people who say Drizzt is silly.

Nathander
2007-09-17, 11:32 PM
So far as Xykon vs Alucard... the most badass thing Alucard can do is summon the souls of all those he's slain, and since a single (high level) human paladin was able to defeat those and fight Alucard, and since Xykon can slay a room full of high level paladins and still have juice left over, I'd say Xykon could kill Alucard no sweat.

To give Alucard credit, Anderson technically didn't defeat all of the spirits alone. While he was alone for awhile, he was able to finally get to Alucard after the rest of Iscariot Division started suiciding themselves.

As for the match, my answer is: who cares? Not to be rude, but I honestly see no reason as to pit the two characters against one another, let alone attempt to compare them since the systems by which they operate are too vastly different. I dunno, I guess it, and all the other vs. threads, seem goofy to me...

Though this doesn't keep me from checking them out... >_>