PDA

View Full Version : College of Luck Bard

Bannan_mantis
2018-09-13, 08:15 PM
I decided to create a bard subclass that is different to most other ones. This one subverts the idea of being a support by using your bardic inspirations on yourself and gaining abilities that are based around buffing yourself and dealing pretty decent damage and it is also pretty good for utility. I really wanna see if the gambler ability is to op as I feel it fits the buffing but it just feels too OP to me but I am not sure. Also I made this a halfling specific class like bladesinger and battlerager as halflings seem to be naturally lucky which can manifest the abilities this has so I feel it fits.

College of Luck
Restriction: Halflings Only
Only halflings can choose the college of luck.
Your DM can lift this restriction to better suit the campaign. This restriction is due to the natural luck most halflings have
Gambler
You can now expend bardic inspirations onto yourself to give yourself a bonus. You can roll a bardic inspiration and add it to all skill checks except for initiative rolls, ranged spell attacks and saving throws, the effect lasts for 15 minutes. You can also use a gaming set as a spell casting focus
Lucky and Unlucky
You gain the ability to make yourself naturally lucky and opponents unlucky when it’s needed. When you finish a long rest, roll two d20 and record the numbers rolled. You can replace any attack roll, saving throw, or ability check made by you or a creature that you can see with one of these foretelling rolls. You must choose to do so before the roll, and you can replace a roll in this way only once per turn.
Each foretelling roll can be used only once. When you finish a long rest, you lose any unused foretelling rolls.
Superb Luck
Starting at level 6, you can roll one additional d20 die with the lucky and unlucky ability and whenever you have advantage on a roll you may re roll on of the dice rolled. You also have a double proficiency with a gaming set of your choice
Advanced Luck
Starting at level 14, you can give yourself advantage on a roll (once per short rest)