PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Cleric Prestige Classes

VolcanicErupt
2018-09-14, 01:29 PM
I'm looking for a 3.5 Cleric Prestige Class that is based on the Cleric's patron deity.

Malimar
2018-09-14, 01:31 PM
There are lots of those, each customized to a specific deity. Which patron deity are you looking at?

VolcanicErupt
2018-09-14, 01:58 PM
Not entirely sure about deities, but it is for a Frostburn campaign. A good winter/cold dirty would be good.

Troacctid
2018-09-14, 02:09 PM
Frostburn contains prestige classes for clerics of Hleid and Iborighu that seem to fit that bill.

VolcanicErupt
2018-09-14, 02:16 PM
I remember there being the evil one, Heild is new to me.

ATHATH
2018-09-14, 02:21 PM
What do you want from the prestige class (other than it requiring a patron deity and possibly being winter or cold-themed)?

ATHATH
2018-09-14, 02:48 PM
Oh, and don't forget to pick up the Cold domain for thematic appropriateness.

Also, don't forget to pick up the Lord of the Uttercold and Piercing Cold feats so that your cold spells can (more easily) affect creatures with immunity or resistance to cold. While Piercing Cold doesn't affect creatures of the [cold] subtype, the rebuke ability that you gain from the Cold domain does.

You might want to use some ACFs to add more (cool) cold-related spells to the Cleric spell list (if you feel it to be lacking in that department).

VolcanicErupt
2018-09-14, 02:51 PM
Nothing immediately comes to mind. The Rimfire Witch looks interesting, but if there is any that are based around Summoning, that would be good. Otherwise, I simply want something interesting. Oh, and ability score pluses are always good, but I never really see those

VolcanicErupt
2018-09-14, 03:04 PM
And if I am doing that, I will need both the Cold and Winter domains. Because I like the Winter Domain as well.

Particle_Man
2018-09-14, 03:08 PM
Not deity specific, but the Malconvoker is a Summoner (the trick is that you are non-evil but summon and trick evil things into working for you).

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?528090-Mastering-the-Malconvoker

Alternatively, the Thaumaturgist is core and affects summoners:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/thaumaturgist.htm

Buufreak
2018-09-14, 03:50 PM
Have (http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/index.php?topic=694.0) some (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?450575-The-Cleric-Handbook) handbooks. (http://bg-archive.minmaxforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=5hmcaseafj6800upn28n7cdts0&topic=420.0)

Seriously though, tons of information about 3.5 is only a google search away. It can be overwhelming and daunting at times, but hey, that's what we are here for. If you have any more specific and to the point questions, we will gladly help.

VolcanicErupt
2018-09-14, 04:05 PM
Not a fan of those 2 classes. However, is there any way to gain the Cold Domain without it being part of my God's domain? Because I like the Rimfire Witch.

Faily
2018-09-14, 04:46 PM
Forgotten Realms: Faiths & Pantheons have deity-specific prestige classes available for quite a lot of gods. It's 3.0 but the adjustements are minimal and some of the classes were updated later in web-enhancements (like the Dweomerkeeper for Mystra being updated for 3.5 in Complete Divine's web-enhancement.

Particle_Man
2018-09-14, 05:07 PM
Not a fan of those 2 classes. However, is there any way to gain the Cold Domain without it being part of my God's domain? Because I like the Rimfire Witch.

Maybe the "Heretic of the Faith" feat in Power of Faerun?

noce
2018-09-14, 05:11 PM
There's a feat in Power of Faerun called Heretic of the Faith that allows you to take a domain not on your deity list.
It also allows you to have an alignment two steps away from your deity, and to consider another weapon as if deity favored weapon.

ATHATH
2018-09-15, 04:06 AM
You could also just worship a concept.

Particle_Man
2018-09-15, 09:35 AM
You could also just worship a concept.

Would someone that (instead of worshipping a deity) worships the concepts of cold and winter count as a special snowflake? :smallsmile:

Falontani
2018-09-15, 02:25 PM
I personally like a Winterhaunt of Iborghu/Eldritch Disciple. Use the Winterhaunt to progress *blasphemy* Warlock spellcasting and use Hellrime Blast to deal cold damage with your Eldritch Blast, boost that with the cold abilities of Winterhaunt, and progress your cleric casting to a small degree while finishing warlock casting most of the way. Remember that practiced spellcaster can increase your warlock's Eldritch blast damage up to a maximum of your HD

Example:
Warlock 4/Cleric 1 (you will need someone to assist you in creating your iceheart, probably an artificer) then take your 10 levels in Winterhaunt of Ibroghu progressing warlock spellcasting (so at this point you are warlock 14 at level 15) take practiced spellcaster warlock at level 15 to push that to 15, grab 2 levels of cleric, and finish with eldritch disciple. Your eldritch blast damage will end up dealing 13d6 cold damage and can still chain/doom/etc while also possessing cleric 6 casting (which is definitely not good)