PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Cantrips/Spell for Pacifist Cleric/Druid multiclass

KingWhipsy
2018-09-14, 01:44 PM
Hey all, so i'm playing a pacifist Cleric/Druid in an upcoming campaign and have been working with the DM to come up with some cantrips and spells that don't do damage but allow my character to take actions other than heal. Looking for some feedback and other ideas people might have. Here's what we have so far.

Cantrips:

Ward Against Harm
Abjuration Cantrip
Cleric

Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: Touch
Components: V, S
Duration: 1 Round

Until the end of your next turn, your target has resistance against bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage dealt by weapons.

Frostguard
Evocation Cantrip
Druid, Wizard

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 ft.
Duration: Instantaneous

You cause numbing frost to form on one creature that you can see within range. The target must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, the target has disadvantage on the next weapon attack roll it makes before the end of its next turn, and on a hit it deals 1d6 less damage.

The attack’s damage increases by another 1d6 when you reach 5th level (2d6), 11th level (3d6), and 17th level (4d6)

Vine Tangle
Transmutation Cantrip
Druid

Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: 30 ft.
Duration: Instantaneous

You create a long, vine-like whip that lashes out at your command towards a creature in range. The target must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, the target’s movement speed is reduced to half until the end of its next turn.

1st-Level Spells:

Mark of the Blessed
1st-level Abjuration
Cleric

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 ft.
Duration: Conc., Up to 1 minute

Endurance from the Gods. Choose a creature within range. For the duration, any time this target receives healing, that number is increased by 1d4.

At Higher Levels:
When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd or higher level, the number of targets increases by 1 for each slot level above 1st.

Perasha
2018-09-15, 01:50 PM
Ward Against Harm is basically Blade Ward, but for someone else. I like it.

Re-read Frostguard; the damage increase is for a damage decrease, right? You may also want to specify that they'll do a minimum of 1 damage.

I really like Vine Tangle! Maybe have it do 1d4 damage and increase it, but that's just me.

I'm not sure how I feel about Mark of the Blessed. It feels somewhere between a 1st level spell and a cantrip; If it's going to be a 1st-level, I feel it needs a bit more substance.

KingWhipsy
2018-09-15, 03:53 PM
Ward Against Harm is basically Blade Ward, but for someone else. I like it.

Re-read Frostguard; the damage increase is for a damage decrease, right? You may also want to specify that they'll do a minimum of 1 damage.

I really like Vine Tangle! Maybe have it do 1d4 damage and increase it, but that's just me.

I'm not sure how I feel about Mark of the Blessed. It feels somewhere between a 1st level spell and a cantrip; If it's going to be a 1st-level, I feel it needs a bit more substance.

Yeah Ward Against Harm was meant to act as a Blade Ward that can be put on anyone.

Frostguard should read decrease instead of increase, thanks for catching that.

I like Vine Tangle too, it doesn't have a damage aspect though because it's for a character that doesn't want to actively hurt anyone.

Mark of the Blessed does feel a little weak but I think it's fine for a first level and pairing it with Life Cleric makes for some insane burst healing.

JNAProductions
2018-09-15, 04:46 PM
Neat. Cool little spells.