PDA

View Full Version : Attunement items for Champions or Battlemaster?

ZorroGames
2018-09-15, 07:12 AM
Have not spent a lot of time looking but are there any like the title describes?

Kadesh
2018-09-15, 07:32 AM
There are plenty of attunement items not limited to Spellcaster. Is there anything in particular you wish to achieve that can't be otherwise achieved by your class? Will your DM allow homebrew, 3rd party, DMs Guild, DnDBeyond or similar?

Any particular rarity?

https://www.dndbeyond.com/magic-items?filter-type=0&filter-search=&filter-requires-attunement=t&filter-effect-type=&filter-effect-subtype=&filter-has-charges=

What is the priority for your magic item?
Do you want to do better with your current use of resources?
Do you want to use your existing resources in new ways?
Do you want to have additional resources?
Do you have any gaps in the party you wish to fulfil?

Crgaston
2018-09-15, 07:36 AM
None that are specifically for those subclasses, or even for just Fighters that I am aware of. But if you’re playing an archer, Bracers of Archery deserve a slot.

djreynolds
2018-09-15, 11:20 AM
Winged boots, cloak of displacement, gauntlets of ogre power, anything buffing saves like a ring or something

ZorroGames
2018-09-15, 11:26 AM
I have a battle master ST 20 Earth Genasi GWF Fighter with two magic Armors - Mariner Plate and +1 Chainmail - plus two magic weapons, and a player who wants the latter armor.

The player needs a “rare” item to trade to my fighter and wanted to know what (I said no weapons or Armor, usable by a Fighter,) to look for to arrange a trade.

If my Fighter can use an item I would be willing to help the other character get the Chainmail in a trade.

ZorroGames
2018-09-15, 11:29 AM
There are plenty of attunement items not limited to Spellcaster. Is there anything in particular you wish to achieve that can't be otherwise achieved by your class? Will your DM allow homebrew, 3rd party, DMs Guild, DnDBeyond or similar?

Any particular rarity?

https://www.dndbeyond.com/magic-items?filter-type=0&filter-search=&filter-requires-attunement=t&filter-effect-type=&filter-effect-subtype=&filter-has-charges=

What is the priority for your magic item?
Do you want to do better with your current use of resources?
Do you want to use your existing resources in new ways?
Do you want to have additional resources?
Do you have any gaps in the party you wish to fulfil?

AL games so matching rarity trades.

Rings, wands, rods, staves, and wonderous items that a Fighter can use is my general interest. No weapons, no Armor, unless it is a Magic Maul or Greatsword maybe but I have a unique long sword and +1 Short Sword.

th3g0dc0mp13x
2018-09-15, 05:57 PM
AL games so matching rarity trades.

Rings, wands, rods, staves, and wonderous items that a Fighter can use is my general interest. No weapons, no Armor, unless it is a Magic Maul or Greatsword maybe but I have a unique long sword and +1 Short Sword.

Mantle of spell resistance
Cloak of displacement
Amulet of health
Boots of speed
RING OF SPELL STORING!!!

sambojin
2018-09-15, 11:12 PM
Cube of Force
Helm of Teleportation
Cloak of Flying (if you don't have lower rarity flying devices)

KorvinStarmast
2018-09-16, 06:36 PM
Cloak of displacement
Mantle of spell resistance
RING OF SPELL STORING!!!
In descending order, but it's a close call.

ImproperJustice
2018-09-16, 06:50 PM
Our Dwarven Champion sports the following:

A Dwarven Thrower (it’s extra dice per throw work well with improved crit, and gives him a nice ranged option).

A suit of enchanted full plate which has it’s AC scale with proficiency bonus (1/2 round down) and on command it seals up for a time to provide protection from gas, poison, or drowning.

A shield that has a similar AC scaling bonus and it can cast Wall of Stone once per day.

Pretty sure he plans to take these to the end game.

We had another Champion who rolls with a Flametongue. It’s another weapon that does monstrous things on a crit.