PDA

View Full Version : Order of the immortal mystic but not mystic

Mystical-man
2018-09-16, 12:40 AM
I was looking over the order of the immortal mystic and I am already a big fan of it, I love how you can change your body and be a martial fighter but in inventive ways and I have a character idea in mind. I love the abilities it gives and was wondering if I could change it to keep the abilities but have it use CHA instead of INT for some off the class abilities and I understand the mystic is mind over matter but the way order of the immortal works it plays somewhat well into a martial fighting/monk type of deal. Any thoughts on this?

Millstone85
2018-09-16, 03:40 AM
Mearls is considering moving it to the barbarian.

Damon_Tor
2018-09-16, 07:04 AM
Mearls is considering moving it to the barbarian.

I think that might be the way to do it: psionic subclasses, rather than trying to shove so many different concepts into the Mystic. Keep the mystic a solid caster cast, move the Immortal to a Barbarian subclass and the Soulknife to a Monk subclass.

Millstone85
2018-09-16, 08:44 AM
I think that might be the way to do it: psionic subclasses, rather than trying to shove so many different concepts into the Mystic. Keep the mystic a solid caster cast, move the Immortal to a Barbarian subclass and the Soulknife to a Monk subclass.That is also the plan for the soul knife.

Complete list, from Mearls' Happy Fun Hour videos:

Barbarian

Path of the Immortal

Bard

College of the Ardent

Fighter

Psychic Warrior

Monk

Way of the Soul Knife

Psion

Order of the Awakened
Order of the Metamorph
Order of the Nomad
Order of the Shaper

Wizard

School of the Kineticist

I think the last one is a mistake, as it ought to be part of the psion. Awakened for telepathy, kineticist for telekinesis, it seems obvious.

sambojin
2018-09-16, 10:02 AM
Charisma is such a useful stat socially that it probably isn't the wisest idea. Mystics can become VERY competent in many areas already. Having them run that off an already very useful stat is asking for problems.

There's bits in Mysticv3 that are already very/too good. Having the save DC the enemies are saving off these absolute clusterf* of "spells" being a good stat anyway is asking for even more problems.

carrdrivesyou
2018-09-17, 09:05 AM
Charisma is such a useful stat socially that it probably isn't the wisest idea. Mystics can become VERY competent in many areas already. Having them run that off an already very useful stat is asking for problems.

There's bits in Mysticv3 that are already very/too good. Having the save DC the enemies are saving off these absolute clusterf* of "spells" being a good stat anyway is asking for even more problems.

I have to second this. Charisma is terribly useful and is ripe for abuse.

I disagree with the dissemination of powers to subclasses though. But that is covered in a different thread. Just the way things are.