PDA

View Full Version : Teen Titans Go! To The Movies

keybounce
2018-09-16, 04:09 PM
(No thread for this yet?)

So I had a chance to see TTG!TTM in the theater.

It was great.

Without spoilers, just a sort of summary:

It starts as a silly little TTG episode style. There's even a silly song to introduce the characters if you don't know them.

While that's going on, there's a big crime activity. Normal heroes show up, deal with it, and the titans are certain that they stopped it. The real heroes point out how stupid the titans are.

Then comes one of the biggest 4th-wall jokes. All the heroes point out how you aren't a real hero without a movie. Superman points out how many there are for him. Wonder Woman even says that it took time, but she got one. And Green Lantern says not to talk about his movie.

So Robin realizes that he needs a movie.

The movie looks at what a hero needs, and what makes a hero movie: The Arch Nemesis.

For a long time, it looks like this is going to be strictly a meta movie, about arch nemesis, about what it takes to make a hero movie, and insider jokes. Oh, and Cameos. Cameos.

But then, without much warning, sure enough it turns into a real super hero movie, complete with arch nemesis, big hidden plan, big reveal, etc.

It's no big surprise to say that the arch nemesis is the dual sword wielding badguy known as Deadpool.

No, it's not :-)

But that silly little song at the beginning? It gets replayed at the end, with the very same words, but now it's a battle song, and the actions in the song are now how they take down Slade.

Was it really any surprise that Slade, err, "Slaaaaaaddddeeee!" would be the bad guy?

---

One quick question though. I thought the circus-robin was the first one, the one that became Nightwing. I thought the Robin from TTG was the second or third. (The second was the one that died, and then came back in the lazerus pits, right?). Yet at one point, this Robin is described as a circus performer. Am I mistaken, or did the writers mess up?

GloatingSwine
2018-09-16, 04:14 PM
One quick question though. I thought the circus-robin was the first one, the one that became Nightwing. I thought the Robin from TTG was the second or third. (The second was the one that died, and then came back in the lazerus pits, right?). Yet at one point, this Robin is described as a circus performer. Am I mistaken, or did the writers mess up?

TTG is based on the OG Teen Titans cartoon, and that was definitely Grayson. There's even a future episode where he's Nightwing.

JadedDM
2018-09-16, 04:17 PM
I loved it, it was hilarious.

That joke about time travel and Martha Wayne was dark as hell. :smalltongue:

keybounce
2018-09-16, 05:00 PM
TTG is based on the OG Teen Titans cartoon, and that was definitely Grayson. There's even a future episode where he's Nightwing.

Odd. I remember a TV comic, seeing the TTG Robin and Nightwing side by side, with clearly different voice actors. Am I crazy? Was I dreaming?

Maryring
2018-09-16, 05:57 PM
I didn't like the show.

It has the same problem as the show in that the Teen Titans are still pretty monstrously terrible people. The humour is either very juvenile or dark, and Titans who are not Robin have all pretty much the same personality.

Aotrs Commander
2018-09-16, 07:28 PM
I thought it was hilarious.

But then again, I appear to be the target audience for TTG itself, as I found funniest the bits everyone else seems to be offended at.

The other awesome moment was the orchestral mix of the old TT theme during that one action sequence.

(And, much as I love TTG - and I LOVE TTG, I find it endlessly side-splitting - I did go "y'know, I do miss them fighting as a proper team, because this is all kinds of awesome.")

I am keeping my fingers crossed that they do, in fact, do the original TT, alongside TTG and also while Young Justice airs again; all three existing side-by-side, as it always should have been.

keybounce
2018-09-25, 07:41 PM

OK, so "Justice League: Gotham City Breakout" (a Lego DC comics movie) just aired, and in this one, the Teen Titans Robin is not the Nightwing Robin, but the second one.

... Which is odd -- wasn't the second one the one that died, was dead for a few years, and then came back via one of the Lazarus pits, just slightly ... off?

The Fury
2018-09-25, 09:51 PM
OK, so "Justice League: Gotham City Breakout" (a Lego DC comics movie) just aired, and in this one, the Teen Titans Robin is not the Nightwing Robin, but the second one.

... Which is odd -- wasn't the second one the one that died, was dead for a few years, and then came back via one of the Lazarus pits, just slightly ... off?

Lazarus Pit-revived Robin was the second Robin, Jason Todd. Though he's not mentioned much in the cartoons, the second Robin in the Paul Dini/Bruce Timm continuity was Tim Drake, (the third Robin from the comics if you're keeping score.) So I'm thinking that the second Robin in the Lego continuity might be Tim Drake as well.

As for which Robin is in Teen Titan's Go? I feel that it's best if you don't ask too many questions. Most of the jokes seem to suggest that he's Grayson, (he alludes to his circus past and episodes where they go to the future show him as Nightwing,) I seem to recall there were a few gags that imply that he might be Tim Drake though. He's probably not Jason Todd, since an urn with Jason Todd's ashes appears in the Batcave in one episode. Next to a crowbar. What the hell, Batman? All that said, TTG only really has continuity when it feels like it.

Devonix
2018-09-25, 10:42 PM
Lazarus Pit-revived Robin was the second Robin, Jason Todd. Though he's not mentioned much in the cartoons, the second Robin in the Paul Dini/Bruce Timm continuity was Tim Drake, (the third Robin from the comics if you're keeping score.) So I'm thinking that the second Robin in the Lego continuity might be Tim Drake as well.

As for which Robin is in Teen Titan's Go? I feel that it's best if you don't ask too many questions. Most of the jokes seem to suggest that he's Grayson, (he alludes to his circus past and episodes where they go to the future show him as Nightwing,) I seem to recall there were a few gags that imply that he might be Tim Drake though. He's probably not Jason Todd, since an urn with Jason Todd's ashes appears in the Batcave in one episode. Next to a crowbar. What the hell, Batman? All that said, TTG only really has continuity when it feels like it.

Teen Titans Go also had an episode where he made a team composed entirely of Robins. And Jason Todd was one of the ones recruited I believe. Along with Tim Drake and Karey Kelly.

LaZodiac
2018-09-25, 10:58 PM
An important reminder that there's an after credit scene for this film making it clear the original show is coming back. Or at least they're trying. So don't forget that.

Ramza00
2018-09-25, 11:10 PM
An important reminder that there's an after credit scene for this film making it clear the original show is coming back. Or at least they're trying. So don't forget that.

Hulkling+Wiccan>Beast Boy+Raven

But hey if I can't have my ideal ship maybe I will learn to enjoy a decent ship out there that is only kind of my cup of tea. (Teen Titans is not really my thing, I understand why other people like it but I did not see it at the right age, I loathe TTG but I also understand why some people like it / love it.)

Devonix
2018-09-25, 11:25 PM
Hulkling+Wiccan>Beast Boy+Raven

But hey if I can't have my ideal ship maybe I will learn to enjoy a decent ship out there that is only kind of my cup of tea. (Teen Titans is not really my thing, I understand why other people like it but I did not see it at the right age, I loathe TTG but I also understand why some people like it / love it.)

Raven and Beast Boy has always been weird to me and whenever writers try and push them together it never works outside of the Teen Titans cartoon.

JadedDM
2018-10-25, 09:41 PM
I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=AwDIZT3XbjQ

Devonix
2018-10-25, 10:03 PM
I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=AwDIZT3XbjQ

Why are people so surprised by this. The literally showed a poster for it at Sandiego Comic Con.

keybounce
2018-10-26, 01:29 AM
Please tell me that will be a Death Battle

Aotrs Commander
2018-10-26, 05:19 AM
Weeeeelllll... It was heavily implied that one episode that Control Freak had essentially won and seized control of the universe and basically trapped the Titans into Go!, so...!

Or we could be looking at an epsiode like th YJ crossover one that everyone except me loathes (and I find pants-wettingly funny).

Should be hilarious whatever.

LaZodiac
2018-10-26, 07:58 AM
Why are people so surprised by this. The literally showed a poster for it at Sandiego Comic Con.

Because none of use when to SCC and this is the first any of us have heard of this. If you knew it's your duty to tell everyone, it's why the instant I learned the TTG movie ended with a teaser for he original Titans to come back, I cam and said it here.

Devonix
2018-10-26, 09:01 AM
Because none of use when to SCC and this is the first any of us have heard of this. If you knew it's your duty to tell everyone, it's why the instant I learned the TTG movie ended with a teaser for he original Titans to come back, I cam and said it here.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FhMb7ijTIQ_g%2F maxresdefault.jpg&f=1

Assumed everyone who cared about it knew already It was months ago.

LaZodiac
2018-10-26, 11:27 PM
https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FhMb7ijTIQ_g%2F maxresdefault.jpg&f=1

Assumed everyone who cared about it knew already It was months ago.

Well you know what happens when you assume...

But yeah thanks, that's cool! I like how Starfire is the only person who enjoys her tiny, deformed counterpart.