PDA

View Full Version : A_SOD_Error_01 (tiny spoiler)

ChopSticks28
2007-09-15, 06:27 PM
Kind of stuff you notice after reading it 16 times.

Anyway, in page 38, we can see The Dark One riding a wolf. Careful attention will reveal that The Dark One has, in fact, only 1 leg.

At first glance it looks like the wolf's ear is the start of his leg and his forhead is his foot, that's probobly why no one saw that. Damn, he looks pretty silly like that, don't you think?

There's a slight chance that Rich intended to draw it that way, maybe his leg is hidden by the wolf or something, though I doubt that.

Archbear
2007-09-15, 06:57 PM
I'm gonna be honest here. I don't see it. :smallsigh:

His forehead looks like his foot? What? :smallconfused:

I more or less clearly see three legs. His front right one, his back (hind) left one, and part of his front left one (you can see it beginning with the line that kinda looks like a single really long and thick hair on the head of the axe-wielding goblin on the right).

And if this was some kind of elaborate joke, you got me. :smalltongue:

Murderous Hobo
2007-09-15, 07:00 PM
I don't have SOD but it looks like ChopSticks28 is talking about the leg of the Dark One rather then his mount.

ChopSticks28
2007-09-15, 07:07 PM
I don't have SOD but it looks like ChopSticks28 is talking about the leg of the Dark One rather then his mount.

That is correct.

The Extinguisher
2007-09-15, 07:21 PM
That could be because when you ride something, you have legs on both sides, and you can't see the other leg if it's 2D.

See: All the other examples of mounts. *is too lazy to find them*

Green Bean
2007-09-15, 07:26 PM
Looking at my copy, I see what you mean. Of course, it could just be that the leg is hidden by the wolf's fur,

JasonDoomsblade
2007-09-17, 12:58 PM
Oh boohoo. So Rich made a small mistake. I've seen a couple mistakes made in OotS but I keep my mouth.....er fingers away from the keyboard. I mean, its not like we could do any better.

NerfTW
2007-09-17, 01:35 PM
Oh boohoo. So Rich made a small mistake. I've seen a couple mistakes made in OotS but I keep my mouth.....er fingers away from the keyboard. I mean, its not like we could do any better.

You're six, aren't you?

Ichneumon
2007-09-17, 01:37 PM
Who is the Dark One?

NerfTW
2007-09-17, 01:59 PM
The Goblin diety. Read Start of Darkness for more info. So far in the online strip, I think he's only been casually mentioned twice. Once by name, and during the "Crayons of Time" story, where they mentioned Goblins raising up thier own gods.