PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Hexblade/Duskblade - spell access

barna10
2018-09-17, 05:21 AM
I'm thinking about allowing Hexblades and Duskblades to get access to their entire spell lists, like a Beguiler or Dread Necromancer. Thoughts?

DeTess
2018-09-17, 05:33 AM
I took a quick look at their spell lists, and I doubt it's going to be an issue. Do keep in mind that it might slow play down a bit if your players aren't familiar with the relevant spell-lists and take time to go through the entire thing to see if they happen to have a golden bullet for their current problem. This can be solved by making print-outs of their spell lists which include all spells and their descriptions, which allows them to quickly reference their spells, rather than going book-diving.

barna10
2018-09-17, 05:41 AM
I took a quick look at their spell lists, and I doubt it's going to be an issue. Do keep in mind that it might slow play down a bit if your players aren't familiar with the relevant spell-lists and take time to go through the entire thing to see if they happen to have a golden bullet for their current problem. This can be solved by making print-outs of their spell lists which include all spells and their descriptions, which allows them to quickly reference their spells, rather than going book-diving.

Agreed, but this for pbp. Thanks for the feedback!