PDA

View Full Version : DM Help I'm planning an Eberron One-shot, but YOU decide what happens!

Balthasaurus
2018-09-17, 01:35 PM
To introduce my players to the Eberron campaign setting, I'm going to be running a prologue to the main campaign in the form of a one-shot session designed to showcase what Eberron is all about; commonplace magic, cinematic fight scenes, blurred morality, social manoeuvring, etc.

As such, I've designed some PCs that I feel will be pretty archetypal for Eberron and will try to demonstrate a couple major powers within the setting. The PCs, who will all be 5th level are:
~ a House Medani Inquisitive Rogue
~ a Karrnathi Necromancer
~ a Cleric/Paladin of the Church of the Silver Flame
~ and a Warforged
These are general descriptions of the characters, but I've given the players free reign to flesh out their personalities and mechanical abilities.

Anyway, onto the interesting bit:
The session starts with the characters borded on a magical airship, high in the sky. They have been travelling for several days, and probably know each other well. Suddenly, the airship shakes, all magical effects (such as Continuous Flame lighting) stop,and the ship begins to drop slightly, scattering things everywhere. Then, as soon as it started, the chaos stops and everything returns to normal. The players will probably be curious and want to find out what happens. Also, the result of what happens on this airship will influence the proper campaign that I will run later.

I want you guys on the forum to pitch ideas for what happened, who is on the ship, where it is headed etc.! I'm open to all kinds of ideas, so just suggest whatever sounds fun. I'll probably consoindate several good ideas together.

Thanks in advance for posting any suggestions!