PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Spheres of Might: Associated Feats; Skirmish Rider and Ride-by Attack?

Alistaroc
2018-09-17, 01:43 PM
Welcome to my TED Talk.

Jokes aside, I have a question about the Skirmish Rider talent from Spheres of Might. The text is very very similar to that of Ride-by Attack, and I can't help but wonder if it should count as an Associated Feat. Skirmish Rider seems to be usable with any movement rather than just a charge, so it is more versatile, however Ride-by Attack is a prerequisite to most mounted/charging feat chains. Answers? Thoughts?

stack
2018-09-17, 02:23 PM
Questions like this are better asked in the AMA thread, here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?561876-Drop-Dead-Studios-Ask-Me-Anything-3), since it is more visible to the devs.

The feat requires a charge and moving in a straight line, the talent doesn't. I don't know if this would mess up the feats later in the chain without looking at each of them.

Mounted blade looks fine to combo with skirmish rider. It becomes more usable, since it isn't locked into charging.
Spirited charge doesn't actually use ride-by attack as anything but a tax. Mounted skirmisher doesn't interact with charging, but since spirited charge doesn't require charging past things to function I don't see a problem. Spirit charge and mounted skirmisher just don't work together.
Wheeling charge may be an issue. I think it contains all the clauses it needs to function without technically have ride-by supplying any parts.