PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu Genius No Monk levels

Yogibear41
2018-09-17, 06:46 PM
I'm a high level/high Int Wizard, I have the Kung Fu Genius feat, I have no monk levels, I put on a Monk's belt, do I use Wis or Int for it?

Covenant12
2018-09-17, 06:51 PM
SRD snip: Belt, Monk’s
This simple rope belt, when wrapped around a character’s waist, confers great ability in unarmed combat. The wearer’s AC and unarmed damage is treated as a monk of five levels higher. If donned by a character with the Stunning Fist feat, the belt lets her make one additional stunning attack per day. If the character is not a monk, she gains the AC and unarmed damage of a 5th-level monk. This AC bonus functions just like the monk’s AC bonus.

Gains the AC of a monk, just like the monk's AC bonus. Can't link the other, but its basically int instead of wis for *all* wis-based monk abilities.

If you have Int 13+ and find it worth the feat I strongly think Kung Fu Genius and monk's belt combine for int to AC.

Thurbane
2018-09-17, 06:59 PM
I'm pretty sure the reqs for Kung Fu genius involve having at least 1 level in Monk...

You may be better off with Carmendine Monk.

flappeercraft
2018-09-17, 07:03 PM
I'm pretty sure the reqs for Kung Fu genius involve having at least 1 level in Monk...

You may be better off with Carmendine Monk.

Prerequisite
INT 13, Must be gained at or before the first level of the monk class is taken,

Surprisingly it doesn't require it.

Pretty sure by strict RAW it wouldn't work but I would definitely allow it as far as houserules go and RAI probably also goes in the same general direction.

Jowgen
2018-09-18, 05:09 AM
By my reading this works fine.

"This AC bonus functions just like the monk’s AC bonus" + "use your Intelligence modifier rather than Wisdom modifier for all monk special abilities that normally rely on Wisdom" seems like a pretty solid fit to me due to the specific language.

16bearswutIdo
2018-09-18, 07:07 AM
Surprisingly it doesn't require it.

Pretty sure by strict RAW it wouldn't work but I would definitely allow it as far as houserules go and RAI probably also goes in the same general direction.

I'd say it's the exact opposite. RAW it works, but the RAI for Kung Fu Genius clearly is that it was intended for someone to take a level in Monk.