PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Hexbard archer, Dark shot edition

argol228
2018-09-18, 07:07 AM
So here is the build I am working on It isn't quite optimal in ability scores. just because I don't like roleplaying under 10 int and I had 1 extra point so I put it on wisdom "just in case"
Tiefling (winged)

STR 8
DEX 14
CON 13
INT 10
WIS 13
CHA 17

From here I am still working things out. I am not the best at D&D building so

first 6 levels will be Bard 3, Warlock 3
Hexblade with Hand crossbow hex warrior. pact of the blade, (devil's sight+Darkness, of course)
Bard, collage of whispers.
ASI CHA+CON

Then by 7 I will have eldritch Smite
By 10 psychic blades will be 3d6

I will be flying about sniping fools.

Of course, this probably isn't the most optimized. I mean if I wanted to get psychic blades as fast as possible while having the CHA mod on my hand crossbow. that will be lvl 4. lvl 3 if I rely on my dex until getting Warlock. I know I could go Elf/Half for elven accuracy. But I mean flight with Darkness smokescreen to get bogeys off my tail kinda outweighs that. But I am unsure what the best leveling path would be and how I should continue after 10 or if there is a better set up to achive the aerial sniper role I wan't while also remaining a healer.

Hell, going for an non hexblade, elderitch blast variation might be even better, I don't know. this was just what came to mind when toying around with Hexblade ideas.

Snowbluff
2018-09-18, 07:20 AM
Prioritizing the 5 level of Hexblade (for extra attack via invocation), or bard 5 (short rest inspiration recovery) is what I'm doing in a similiar build.

Probably dip fighter 2 for archery style and action surge.

I'd take bard to at least 10. Maybe pick up holy weapon, which with 3 attacks would be quite potent.

argol228
2018-09-18, 07:45 AM
Part of the reason I started working on this is that I had a similar build in Pathfinder. An alchemist grenadier vital strike build. basically Flight mixture, flew into the air with a rifle. had a tumor familiar (fluffed as alchemically treated hair that brought her long locks to life) and she would do some crazy vital strike bomb infused bullet combo. Her familiar also had a wand of magic missile for missile salvo and basically everything she had was designed around a pseudo ironman/human gunship idea.

I just love the idea of playing an aerial support character. which is why I am willing to forgo the immediate extra attack since I will get a nice selection of supporting spells as well. Darkness, Phantasmal Force and Detect piercings mirror image or misty step