PDA

View Full Version : Blood Warrior

Blackplaga
2018-09-19, 04:51 PM
Looking to make a Blood based warrior melee combatant but not sure how to go about it. Wanted to use Blackguard for the theme but it just doesnt meld well into actually using blood well and its just weak. Cleric is probably the next best option I have with Spell Thematics( - Players Guide to Faerun) to make some spells look like blood but I dunno where to go. Well vampire is a thing half vampire is soooo much better to use if that kind of thing is needed.

Thurbane
2018-09-19, 04:58 PM
Black Blood Cultist (CoR p.44) and Black Blood Hunter (PGtF p.177) spring to mind, but are pretty much blood related in name only.

Bloodstorm Blade or Bloodclaw Master? Both in ToB.

Maybe Blood Magus (CAr p.26) in some kind of gish build?

In terms of feats, I'd look at:

Bloodsoaked Intimidate (CoR p.17) and Blood Spiked Charger (PHB2 p.92) for thematic reasons.

eclipsic
2018-09-20, 07:04 PM
Looking to make a Blood based warrior melee combatant but not sure how to go about it. Wanted to use Blackguard for the theme but it just doesnt meld well into actually using blood well and its just weak. Cleric is probably the next best option I have with Spell Thematics( - Players Guide to Faerun) to make some spells look like blood but I dunno where to go. Well vampire is a thing half vampire is soooo much better to use if that kind of thing is needed.

I needed the exact same thing for my paladin of slaughter, so I homebrewed up a PrC with the Flame Steward (Dragon #283) chassis, the Righteous Fury half-orc paladin substitution level (Unearthed Arcana), and a few "while raging" special abilities like: weapons wielded have the Vicious quality, you are treated as if affected by the Fire in the Blood spell (Heroes of Horror), Consumptive Field (and as a 10th level ability, Greater Consumptive Field) re-fluffed as blood being drawn out of the dying bodies to heal my wounds, an ability that I think is a feat somewhere that allows you to take an AoO whenever anybody is dropped below 0 hp near you, and the Bloodwalk ability of the Blood Magus (Complete Arcane), but without the choice to not deal damage to the destination creature (what paladin of slaughter would give up a chance to make someone explode??).

If you're not looking for homebrew, I'm not aware of anything that hasn't been mentioned already.

Zaq
2018-09-20, 07:39 PM
Find a baatezu or tanar’ri with low LA.

”Soldiers in the Blood War” = “blood warriors,” right?