PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian/Druid build

Bannan_mantis
2018-09-19, 06:31 PM
I was planning to play a mainly barbarian totem of the bear for a campaign I am in currently and I was thinking, my character has a type of backstory that would explain a barbarian/druid build. My main question is how would you build this? I want to be mainly a more of a melee tank than a spell caster so barbarian is my first class and the one with the most levels in it. Also is there maybe any homebrew druids that fit this more, circle of the druid is a pretty good choice but I am more curious that anything else to see if there is something that fits my idea better.

Also if anyone has tips on how to build a druid to fit more melee play besides just the subclass please say

Snowbluff
2018-09-19, 06:39 PM
Barb3/Druid6 is where I am at in AL.

I am using Ghostwise Halfling for telepathy and luck. I usually stay in animal form.

Max Wis, get good Con and Dex. Use ASI for more wis.

Usually I let my animal forms carry over from the last fight. if there's hp left.

I usually go with Giant Constrictor Snake. I took the Sentinel feat, so I can react to an ally being attacked with a constriction attack.

Since animal forms and spells can be swapped easily, I would say the build is less relevant than tips on how to play. You have 3 rages per day, but some fights might mean you should do some casting then switch into animal form instead. It's very flexible, which is why I like it.