PDA

View Full Version : Harmonic Theurge (PrC)

Kai-Palin
2007-09-15, 10:34 PM
Please Delete This Thread.

JackMage666
2007-09-15, 10:38 PM
Looks cool. My only suggestion would be to rename the Harmonic Abilities, to something more neutral. Unless you want to explain in better detail the fluff behind them, which would probably break copyright laws.

Fako
2007-09-15, 11:49 PM
I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to never seeing a bard properly played (we had a bard who tried to use only damage spells...), so I can't help with the balance of the songs... Other than those it looks safe to me...

If your DM decides to not let you use this class, try looking in Complete Arcane. There is a prestige class in there called the Sublime Cord that gives bards level 9 spells, but they sacrifice some of their bardic music potential for it...

GryffonDurime
2007-09-16, 12:17 AM
Shenanigans!

An interesting way to model an Abhorsen or Necromancer as a dual-classed Bard/Arcanist.

Edea
2007-09-16, 12:27 AM
I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to never seeing a bard properly played (we had a bard who tried to use only damage spells...), so I can't help with the balance of the songs... Other than those it looks safe to me...

If your DM decides to not let you use this class, try looking in Complete Arcane. There is a prestige class in there called the Sublime Cord that gives bards level 9 spells, but they sacrifice some of their bardic music potential for it...

Sublime Chord is quite awesome. But I can see the DM wanting you to actually take SC levels, rather than dip it for 2 and then progress its spellcasting using yet another PrC (which tends to be what it's actually used for).

A Bard, using damage spells? Gosh, I didn't know they even had any, besides low-level sonic evocations.