PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Kobold-Mounted Goliath/Centaur Barbarian?

DrowPiratRobrts
2018-09-20, 10:58 AM
So I recently saw something similar in a thread and wanted to combine it with what happened in my game recently. Long story short, our Goliath is super stealthy and I, as a Gnome wizard, wanted to go with him on a stealth mission. So natch, I just climbed into his backpack and stood up in it so I didn't have to stealth. I'm only like 40-60 pounds, so this wasn't any different from him carrying supplies around.

Onto the point of this thread. Obviously this would be easy to do RAW with the Centaur as a PC, but lets run with my idea here to make a ferocious mounted combat duo of PCs. Let's say the PCs are level 8-14 and have trained to fight with the small guy in a backpack or special made saddle that's braced against the Goliath's shoulders and waist. Tell me how you'd rule and what you would add or change to make it more effective/silly/fun. I wish two of my PCs would do this with me as a DM because it would make for such a fun game.

PC #1: The Rider
-Kobold, for Pack Tactics (or any small race that suits you if you want to avoid -2 STR)
-Fighter w/Protection or Dueling style
-Pole-Arm Master
-Heavy Armor Master
-Wielding a Quarterstaff and shield

PC #2: The Mount
-Goliath (for carrying capacity and the lolz)
-Wolf Barbarian for Pack Tactics
-Great Weapon Master
-Sentinel
-Wielding whichever great weapon you prefer