PDA

View Full Version : My god says NO! (spell denied)

Skjaldbakka
2007-09-16, 02:04 AM
More of a thought experiment, really. I was messing around with the idea of a Cleric of Boccob that focuses on counterspelling. Any thoughts on how to make that work?

kpenguin
2007-09-16, 02:07 AM
Take Improved Counterspelling (duh) and maximize Spellcraft.

JackMage666
2007-09-16, 02:12 AM
Actually, there's some interesting organizational abilities in Complete Champion, in Boccobs church, no less. Look it up. Something like, allowing you to counterspell a spell for free a day, if you succeed on a spellcraft check. But, it's the top tier ability, so it'd take some work. Not bad to look into, though.

Kurald Galain
2007-09-16, 04:11 AM
There's also the Reactive Counterspell feat, which allows you to counter without readying an action to do so (although you forfeit your next action if you do). Nice.

ambu
2007-09-16, 05:31 AM
I also think there is a variant ability in Complete Mage that enables counterspelling instead of turn and gives a bonus in the process

Belkarseviltwin
2007-09-16, 07:46 AM
I also think there is a variant ability in Complete Mage that enables counterspelling instead of turn and gives a bonus in the process

There is. Divine Counterspell lets you produce a counterspell effect similar to Dispel Magic- except it's based on Cleric level not caster level- a certain number of times per day. There's no bonus, though, and you get fewer Counterspell attempts than a vanilla cleric gets Turn attempts.