PDA

View Full Version : DM Help I need help designing an npc for Starfinder and have no one to talk to.

MonkeySage
2018-09-20, 03:46 PM
This is new territory for our group, and I've been trying to run a starfinder game for the past few months now. But I've barely touched on the idea of designing npcs for my players to fight- just used what was already available.

I'm trying to figure out how to create these npcs and I have no one to talk to. I can't talk about the details with my players even if they were available, and nobody else that I know of has played starfinder.

Case in point: the array entries in the starjammer srd website talk about using the listed Armor Classes for the given CR. They don't say anything about how the actual worn armor factors into it. If it doesn't factor in, what is even the point of having my npcs wear armor?

Telok
2018-09-20, 08:52 PM
From what I recall the official adventure paths do it both ways at different times, probably depending on whether or not that particular writer was even thinking about it at the time. You should check through the pazio SF forums for better info.

I do recall one npc in the 4th(?) ap book with an ac such that the soldier needed a 17+ to hit with the envoy helping, none of the rest of us could touch it. We won by the two casters burning all their spells on save-for-half and magic missile. I also recall several times in the 2nd and 3rd ap books where enemies were hitting us on 4+.