PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed [3.5] Comedy Monster Stat Blocks

Thurbane
2018-09-20, 06:36 PM
“Or what? You'll release the dogs, or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark, they shoot bees at you? Well, go ahead!”

http://i64.tinypic.com/qrkakz.jpg
ENCOUNTER LEVEL 6

HIVENESTDu ADVANCED GRAVEHOUNDMH
Large Undead
Hit Dice: 8d12 (52 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (+1 Dex, +5 natural, -1 size), touch 10, flatfooted 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+15
Attack: Bite +11 melee (1d8+10 plus stun)
Full Attack: Bite +11 melee (1d8+10 plus stun)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Hivenest attack, hivenest distraction, stunning strike
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., hivedeath, scent, +2 turn resistance, undead traits
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +9
Abilities: Str 25, Dex 12, Con —, Int 4, Wis 17, Cha 20
Skills: Listen +14
Feats: Ability Focus (stunning strike), Improved Initiative, Weapon Focus (bite)
Environment: Any
Challenge Rating: 5
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral evil
Level Adjustment: —

Hivenest Attack (Ex): Any creature struck by one or more of a hivenest monster’s natural weapon attacks also takes damage from the base swarm’s swarm attack at the end of the hivenest monster’s turn, as if the base swarm had ended its turn occupying the same space as the creature. Any effect, such as damage reduction, that reduces or negates swarm attack damage is applied separately to the natural weapon attack and to the swarm attack. If the swarm attack of the base swarm delivers poison, acid, or some other special effect, a successful hivenest attack delivers the same effect.
Hivenest Distraction (Ex): Any living creature vulnerable to a hivenest attack’s damage that begins its turn in a square adjacent to a hivenest monster is nauseated for 1 round. A Fortitude save negates the effect; use the
save DC for the base swarm’s distraction special attack.
Stunning Strike (Su): A creature hit by a gravehound’s bite must succeed on a DC 21 Fortitude save or be stunned for 1 round. The save DC is Charisma-based.
Hivedeath (Ex): If a hivenest monster is reduced to 0 hit points, the monster is destroyed but the swarms that nest within it are released. One or more base swarms are immediately placed in the space previously occupied by the hivenest monster. Each swarm has full hit points, regardless of the damage taken by the hivenest monster, and acts independently of any control the hive nest monster was under. Effects that completely destroy the hivenest monster’s body (such as disintegrate or implosion) prevent the hivedeath effect. The maximum number of swarms released is based on the size of the base creature (large = 1).
Undead Traits: A gravehound is immune to mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and any effect that requires a Fortitude save unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless. It is not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, damage to its physical ability scores, ability drain, energy drain, fatigue, exhaustion, or death from massive damage. It cannot be raised, and resurrection works only if it is willing.

WASP SWARMFF
Medium-Size Vermin (Swarm of Fine Creatures)
Hit Dice: 4d8+4 (22 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 10 ft., fly 60 ft. (average)
AC: 14 (+3 Dex, +1 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 11
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/—
Attack: Swarm
Full Attack: Swarm
Damage: Swarm 1d6 plus poison
Face/Reach: 5 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Distraction (DC 13), poison
Special Qualities: Swarm traits, vermin traits
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 1, Dex 16, Con 13, Int —, Wis 10, Cha 2
Skills: —
Feats: —
Climate/Terrain: Any temperate land
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: —
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: —

Poison (Ex): A wasp swarm delivers poison equivalent to that of a Medium-size giant wasp (Fort DC 18 negates) with each swarm attack. Initial and secondary damage are the
same (1d6 Dex).
Vermin Traits: A wasp swarm is immune to all mindaffecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects). It also has darkvision (60-foot range).

Falontani
2018-09-20, 06:51 PM
Love this, please do more

King of Nowhere
2018-09-20, 09:56 PM
that's more fitting homebrew.

As for my contribution, I'll just point out the link in my signature with my homebrewed comedy monsters: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?531744-The-gallery-of-ridiculous-monsters) it contains

- plastic trash mound, a large batch of animated plastic trash. Just as difficult to get rid of as the real stuff. Fire is the only way to permanently get rid of it, but burning it will give you a tumor.

- cute fluffy infernal killer bunnies of cuddly death, a fluffy bunny that's so cute, you need a will saving throw to bring yourself to hurt it. Even as it pelts your party with fireballs, lighting bolts, and acid sprays

- malevolent homicidal pineapple, a 10-meter tall pineapple plant that uses its giant pineapple as a flail. And then the pineapple explodes. And then the exploding fragments start growing inside your body, ripping you from the inside.

- zucchinifolk, an evil zucchini plant who took possession of an innocent townsfolk by growing into his body. Don't be confused: the assassin zucchini are not allied with the malevolent homicidal pineapple, they merely have a nonaggression pact

- avatar of DM frustration, for those DM that have felt the urge to fudge die rolls or add new abilities to a monster that is not being challenging enough. This monster has actual rules for doing that.

- that which hungers, an undead spirit that's too horrible to even contemplate. No, I can't tell you what it is: it's too horrible to describe. I don't even know how it looks, as it's too horrible to imagine.

- pandemonium chihuahua, because hellhounds do not need to be big. They swiftly keeep their distance while they literally drive you mad with their barking.

Thurbane
2018-09-20, 10:06 PM
that's more fitting homebrew.

:smallconfused:

Well, my intent was to do RAW monsters, rather than homebrew, so I believe it's in the right spot...there's exactly 0% homebrew in the OP.

One Step Two
2018-09-21, 12:33 AM
We better not risk another full frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Rabbit of Caerbannog
Warbeast Hare of Legend*, CR 3

Tiny Outsider (Native)
Hit Dice: 2d8+12 (24)
Initiative: +11
Speed: 70 ft. (14 squares)
Armor Class: 25 (+2 size, +7 Dex, +5 Natural, +1 Dodge), touch 20, flat-footed 17
Base Attack/Grapple: +1
Attack: Bite +11 (1d4+2)
Full Attack: 2 Bites +11 (1d4+2) and Slam +9 (1d4+1)
Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Scent, Greater Damage, Haste, Spellcasting
Saves: Fort +13, Ref +14, Will +6
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 24, Con 24, Int 4, Wis 16, Cha 9
Skills: Hide +16 (+8 size), Jump +19 (+15 Racial), Listen +11(+8 Racial), Spot +7(+1 Racial)
Feats: Power Attack, Leap Attack, MultiattackB, Improved InitiativeB, Weapon FinesseB
Environment: Cave
Organization: Solo
Challenge Rating: 3

Spellcasting: The Rabbit of Caerbannog casts spells divine spells from the cleric list and from the Protection, Strength and War Domains as a 5th level cleric. It does not gain domain slots as a cleric.
Greater Damage (ex): The Rabbit of Caerbannogs' natural attacks are increased by one dice. This is already included above.
Haste (Su): The Rabbit of Caerbannog is constantly under a Haste effect. This is already included above.

* Warbeast MM2, Monster of Legend MM2, Hare DR#280

I tried to apply the Paragon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/paragonCreature.htm) Template as well, but it's honestly too much for anything other than epic characters!

Thurbane
2018-09-21, 05:44 PM
Nice one. :smallsmile:

Thurbane
2018-09-21, 10:06 PM
"Bug-bear?"

http://i65.tinypic.com/r1wsch.jpg
INSECTILESS HALF-GIANTFF DIRE BEAR

Size/Type: Large Aberration
Hit Dice: 12d8+87 (141 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), climb 40 ft.
Armor Class: 26 (-1 size, +4 Dex, +13 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 22
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+26
Attack: Claw +22 melee (2d4+13)
Full Attack: 2 claws +22 melee (2d4+13) and bite +16 melee (2d8+6)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab, rend
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft, fast healing 5, low-light vision, scent, termorsense, wide vision
Saves: Fort +15, Ref +12, Will +10
Abilities: Str 37, Dex 19, Con 25, Int 1, Wis 14, Cha 8
Skills: Listen +11, Spot +15, Swim +16
Feats: Alertness, Endurance, Run, Toughness, Weapon Focus (claw)
Environment: Any land or underground
Organization: Solitary or pair
Challenge Rating: 10
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 13-16 HD (Large); 17-36 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a dire bear must hit with a claw attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
Rend (Ex): If a half-troll hits with two or more claw attacks against the same opponent, it latches onto the opponent’s body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals an additional amount of damage based on the half-troll’s size (2d6+20). A half-troll adds 1 1/2 times its Strength modifier to this base rend damage.

Fast Healing (Ex): A half-troll heals 5 points of damage each round so long as it has at least 1 hit point. Fast healing does not restore hit points lost from starvation, thirst, or suffocation, and it does not allow a half-troll to regrow or reattach lost body parts.
Tremorsense (Ex): An insectile creature can automatically sense the location of anything within 60 feet that is in contact with the ground.
Wide Vision (Ex): Because of its multiple eyes and wide angle of vision, an insectile creature has a +4 racial bonus on Spot checks and cannot be flanked.

radthemad4
2018-09-21, 10:14 PM
Badgers and Wolverines arguably have 'the ability to rage' and thus qualify for the Frozen Berserker and Blazing Berserker feats. You then get an ordinary looking badger that can walk across lava when it gets angry.

flappeercraft
2018-09-22, 12:47 AM
I feel like meme Chuck Norris should be somehow created here. If I come up with how to do it I'll edit it in.

Bullet06320
2018-09-22, 01:39 PM
Caterpillar Bulldozer
Back in 2nd edition, the group I played with had come up with this one
a Bull body, with caterpillar legs across the bottom, and horns shaped like a bulldozer blade
it was kind of a failed experiment to create better farming animals, lol
I never had stats for it, but maybe sumone can come up with some

DrMotives
2018-09-22, 01:55 PM
Caterpillar Bulldozer
Back in 2nd edition, the group I played with had come up with this one
a Bull body, with caterpillar legs across the bottom, and horns shaped like a bulldozer blade
it was kind of a failed experiment to create better farming animals, lol
I never had stats for it, but maybe sumone can come up with some

Tauric template to combine a minotaur with a carrion crawler? Then maybe levels of psiwarrior to modify the horns somehow? I'm not sure if there's a power that does so, but it feels like if any class could thematically, psiwar would be it.

ExLibrisMortis
2018-09-22, 02:12 PM
You probably want something Trample/Overrun/Bull Rush related. The Gorgon Mask totemist meld (with totem bind) gives you the ability to Trample. Mauling Gauntlets provide +2 on Bull Rush and Overrun checks (+2/essentia).

Thurbane
2018-12-06, 05:03 PM
"Fast as a shark he'll cut out of the dark"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvTQfZqHQ3Q
DARK CREATUREToM ADVANCED TERLENFF

Medium-Size Magical Beast (Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 12d10+24 (90 hp)
Initiative: +6
Speed: 70 ft., fly 70 ft. (average), swim 70 ft.
AC: 20 (+2 Dex, +8 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+16
Attack: Bite +16 melee
Full Attack: Bite +16 melee
Damage: Bite 2d6+6
Face/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Ambush, improved grab, worry
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., hide in plain sight, low-light vision, resist cold 10, superior low light vision
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +4
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 3, Wis 11, Cha 7
Skills: Hide +33, Listen +1, Move Silently +15
Feats: DarkstalkerLoM, Flyby Attack, Improved Initiative, Improved Natural Attack, Rapid AssaultToB
Climate/Terrain: Plane of shadow
Organization: Solitary or school (2–8)
Treasure: —
Alignment: Always neutral evil

Ambush (Ex): Anytime a terlen makes a successful charge attack against a flatfooted opponent, it deals double damage with its bite.
Hide in Plain Sight (Ex): Use the Hide skill even while being observed (except in natural daylight, the area of a daylight spell, or a similar effect).
Improved Grab (Ex): If a terlen hits an opponent that is at least one size category smaller than itself with a bite attack, it deals normal damage and attempts to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity (grapple bonus +16). If it gets a hold, it also worries on the same round. Thereafter, the terlen has the option to conduct the grapple normally, or simply use its bite to hold the opponent (–20 penalty on grapple check, but the fhorge is not considered grappled). In either case, each successful grapple check it makes during successive rounds automatically deals worry damage.
Worry (Ex): A terlen that successfully gets a hold on an opponent with its improved grab ability shakes the victim violently back and forth. This attack deals bite damage each round until the victim breaks free, the terlen is slain, or the victim dies.

Thurbane
2018-12-06, 07:04 PM
BoJack

https://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2016/07/21/bojack-horseman/21-bojack-12.w700.h700.jpg
EQUICEPHMH EXPERT 4

Large Monstrous Humanoid
Hit Dice: 4d8+4d6+8 (40 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30 ft. in splint mail (6 squares); base speed 40 ft.
Armor Class: 20 (–1 size, +5 natural, +6 splint mail), touch 9, flat-footed 20
Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+14
Attack: Greataxe +9 melee (3d6+4/×3) or javelin +6 ranged (1d8+3)
Full Attack: Greataxe +9/+4 melee (3d6+4/×3) or javelin +6 ranged (1d8+3)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +8
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 11, Cha 16
Skills: Bluff +16, Disguise +10 (+12 to act in character), Gather Information +10, Intimidate +14, Perform (act) +14, Profession (actor) +11
Feats: City SlickerRoD, EnduranceB, Open Minded (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm), Persuasive
Environment: Cities
Organization: Solitary (?)
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Chaotic neutral (?)
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +2

*Disclaimer: I have only seen season one - some of the above may require serious tweaking