PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Dresden Files. Need some help setting up some bad guys.

Metahuman1
2018-09-21, 06:13 AM
Ok, so, were a few sessions in now to a campaign I've posted in previously.

The party have worked out that a very, VERY old Black Court Vampire has a meeting with a couple of CEO's of locally very large, relevant corporations, whom do not have the most positive real world PR locally.

Because I have a somewhat off the wall sense of humor, and a Knight Of The Cross in the party, I've had the Idea that the CEO's are full fledged members of The Knights Of The Blackened Denarius. That the Black Court in question knows there on the outs with the Unseelie Accords, but being Black Court, is perfectly willing to work with them to gain an advantage in the local power struggles anyway.

That leaves me with one problem though.

I don't want to use Coins we've actually seen used by other people in the series, such a Lash or Magog.

Does anyone happen to know were I can find a list of all 30 of the Fallen Angles tied to the coins, which one's have not been seen active in the books thus far, and what sort of stuff is most likely affiliated with them? (I.E, what kind of transformation and power specialization there likely to have, and were they stand on the partner/dominate spectrum they seem to operate on?).

Eldan
2018-09-21, 06:37 AM
This Wiki (http://dresdenfiles.wikia.com/wiki/Order_of_the_Blackened_Denarius)lists 18 known and 4 unknown, but mentioned coins that come up in the stories.

I actually doubt that all 30 have ever been listened. That sounds like a mistake on Butcher's part for worldbuilding, as he couldn't throw in a new one when he needed it.

If you want to create your own, I'd suggest starting on the list of Goetic demons. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_demons_in_the_Ars_Goetia) They are all reasonably well known pop culture demon names and they give some idea of shapes and powers.

If they run a company undetected, they are probably quite smart and able to pass as humans well enough to fool most people. That would, to me, suggest that they are more partner than dominator. Most of the pure dominators we've seen have been quite thuggish.

Metahuman1
2018-09-21, 06:45 AM
This Wiki (http://dresdenfiles.wikia.com/wiki/Order_of_the_Blackened_Denarius)lists 18 known and 4 unknown, but mentioned coins that come up in the stories.

I actually doubt that all 30 have ever been listened. That sounds like a mistake on Butcher's part for worldbuilding, as he couldn't throw in a new one when he needed it.

If you want to create your own, I'd suggest starting on the list of Goetic demons. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_demons_in_the_Ars_Goetia) They are all reasonably well known pop culture demon names and they give some idea of shapes and powers.

If they run a company undetected, they are probably quite smart and able to pass as humans well enough to fool most people. That would, to me, suggest that they are more partner than dominator. Most of the pure dominators we've seen have been quite thuggish.

Fair point on the partner portion.

Um, hmmm. I know Butcher was pulling form Paradise Lost with the idea of the fallen angels and the coins.

I, don't suppose there's a list of the angles who fell according to that book that I could use as a point of comparison?

Eldan
2018-09-21, 07:15 AM
They aren't all pulled from fallen angels. Magog is a weird name. It seems to be a person, or possibly a people in the bible, nothing supernatural. And most of the angelic names, like Lasciel and Anduriel, are just made up out of nowhere with no sources. I'm not even sure those names work in Hebrew at all.

That said, here's a list of angels. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_angels_in_theology)

Eldan
2018-09-21, 07:19 AM
I'm trying to come up with actual fallen angels. There's not a lot floating around with names. Mostly because in the primary sources, angels rarely have names and the entire concept of a devil, fallen angels or hell rarely comes up. But let's ignore actual religion for board-friendly reasons.

There's Samael, of course. Iblis, if you want to go there. And then, uh, that's pretty much it. Just did some control-effing on Paradise lost too, but as I remembered, there's no actual names in there. They are "the host of rebel angels" and similar descriptions.

Glimbur
2018-09-21, 05:16 PM
Maybe the fallen angels are related to what the corprations do? Pharmaceutical Corp is led by a fallen angel of medicine and so on. Gives a starting point... though it has been a while since I read the books and I am not sure how strongly the canon Fallen are themed like that.

Metahuman1
2018-09-24, 10:07 PM
Alright, follow up.

I've got an idea of whom I want to use. I'm thinking Ose and Camio, the Leopard Demon thing and the Bird-with-a-sword demon thing.

Anyone got an inkling on how to stat these 2?

Eldan
2018-09-25, 02:22 AM
Camio, or Caim. Wiki tells me that's actually a spelling of Cain in gaelic languages. Let's see. Appearance: elegant, a bit conceited. I mean, look at this picture:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/13/Caim_in_bird_form.jpg/220px-Caim_in_bird_form.jpg

Appears as a black bird or a man in an expensive suit, always carries a sword. Loves to hear himself talking. Sin of pride. He can give men the power to talk to animals, he's the president of hell, he can talk about the future. So. Weak gift of prophecy. Demon form, I'd say he still wears a suit, but he gets a bird head and wings. Instead of talking to animals, I'd say he summons swarms of them, maybe?

Ose: prince of madness. Gives people delusions of grandeur, makes them think they got what they want. So. Since they are running a company together, I'm thinking Caim takes the CEO role, while this guy is more of a slimy salesman who sells people crap that they think is riches. Illusion powers.

Metahuman1
2018-09-25, 06:50 AM
Camio, or Caim. Wiki tells me that's actually a spelling of Cain in gaelic languages. Let's see. Appearance: elegant, a bit conceited. I mean, look at this picture:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/13/Caim_in_bird_form.jpg/220px-Caim_in_bird_form.jpg

Appears as a black bird or a man in an expensive suit, always carries a sword. Loves to hear himself talking. Sin of pride. He can give men the power to talk to animals, he's the president of hell, he can talk about the future. So. Weak gift of prophecy. Demon form, I'd say he still wears a suit, but he gets a bird head and wings. Instead of talking to animals, I'd say he summons swarms of them, maybe?

Ose: prince of madness. Gives people delusions of grandeur, makes them think they got what they want. So. Since they are running a company together, I'm thinking Caim takes the CEO role, while this guy is more of a slimy salesman who sells people crap that they think is riches. Illusion powers.

There running separate company's, actually. The Joke is there a local power company that no one likes, and a local cable/internet company that no one likes, but there both basically monopolies in the area so everyone more or less has to buy form them anyway.

Yeah that pic is a big part of why I picked him for one of them. XD!

Alright, so, summons swarms of critters, low level prophecy, maybe inhuman speed? What do you think of that last one.

As for the other, Illusions, ok, Do you think maybe a physical combat form as well? Like, Inhuman speed, strength, claws, maybe recovery or toughness?

Metahuman1
2018-09-30, 08:09 AM
Ok. So I've got them mostly stated out. I'm running a bit short of time last couple of days and was wondering if someone could post me a short convince refresher on 2 things.

1: How do Illusion spells ala what, say, Molly Carpenter usually get's up too work again?

2: How does the Mythic Recovery work again?

Thanks!