PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Evil

Pages : [1] 2 3

BlueWizard
2007-09-16, 03:54 AM
The small port town of Norkan is not known for much. In fact it is quite out of the way. A few nobles find themselves vacationing to this remote spot, surrounded by beautiful forests and mysterious hills, but mostly it is considered a hick town. Even by the locals. The port itself is mostly a fishing spot, with an occasional merchant ship passing through the harbor far from any shipping lanes. Most of you are used to small towns like this, not so remote as Norkan, and others have even seen the great towered cities of Kandor to the South.

The stone tower described by your contact might've seemed vague at the time, had you been from a great city. In this small town it was a plain as day, and was in view on a hill above the small town overlooking the river, which flowed to the harbor. There were a few Inns, but it was mostly locals, and the few roughnecks you see out here. They will only become quiet as any of you pass.
The largest building in the town was the king's outpost, a station of about 25 soldiers. It was down the river from the stone tower. The soldiers seemed to keep to themselves. There is a brown flag with a black dragon flying outside it.

All of you will look strange in your hoods, or even without disguises, as most of these people all know each other. The oddly shaped Kathris and 'George' draw stares of fright. There are some cities where the skies are filled with flying wizards, but not here. The only sign of any noble structure was the ancient tower, and the rest was fishermen and farmers.

Outside the old tower is an old rose garden path, that was well-manicured. Two strong men in armor with no markings stood outside. The two mercenaries each with a halberd will let you in, and direct you up the stairs to the top floor.

The tower is five stories high, and you will pass a few landings and locked doors as you get to the top of the stairs. There will be an open black stone door on the top floor. This not the top floor, and you will see a stairway to a higher room, but for now you will meet in a great library. Wall-to-wall and on shelves packed densely about a table.

On the far side of the table are 3 women. An old lady with fine black-brown robes stands at the center of the trio. This is old Merianna, a rich noble woman, wizard. Only some of you know her.

The youngest, in her early twenties, is Avery Zalis. She wears tight black leather, in the style of a ninja, currently her mask is on the table. She has blonde hair and has blazing green eyes, that are beautiful as well as frightening. Some of you know her.

The third woman is the dark and tanned Kalima, a strong woman in studded leather, she has a shield on her back, and fine sword on her hip. She has the colors of the King of Kandor on a cape over her shoulders. She will smirk at her strong men, and check them out as the old lady speaks.

Merianna will scan each of you as you come in. "Welcome. I am Merianna, and we hope to begin a long business relationship with you."
She greets you with as kind a wrinkled smile as she can muster. The other two ladies nod in agreement.

Several open cases full of platinum bars lay before you. 10 platinum bars, each valued at 10 platinum pieces.

{OOC- Welcome! Please post a description, and/or greeting. Your groups will arrive in the order of your first poster, so if someone with you posted already you will have followed them in. Welcome to the Hall of Evil, and remember Stay Alive! :smallamused: :smallcool: }

The Hall of Evil: {THE PCs}
Tamis elfin lady rogue
Scout:
Dyeinonhalfling ranger

Merianna's Mercenaries:
Kathris Terall the Thrikreen
Arnat- elven bard, of minor renown- to some
Gorganiean- the Gnoll

Kalima's Mercenaries:
Noris- dwarven barbarian
Silme- skilled human fighter
Keren- human monk

From Vasser:
D'pat Darkblade- anti-paladin of Dispater
Torak- priest of Asmodeus-never made it to Norkan

oloknotwise
2007-09-28, 01:09 AM
Noris Orecrusher

Noris gives a snort of dissatisfaction when he walks into the room. At 4'1", the black-haired dwarf seems rather gruff compared to your normal Dwarf. With a greataxe strapped to his size and rather worn backpack on his back, one might think that Noris just came from a rather enduring expedition from the woods... and he smells just as bad, if not worse.

While making his way through the small town of Norkan, Noris had an aura of pure hatred around him. He continued to mutter to himself: "I hate civilization," and, "I just want to kill them all".

When Noris finally arrives at the room, he lets out a brief, yet still heavy with fear and anger, sigh of relief. As he enters into the room, his attention turns to the large amount of books that line the room. Five minutes have passed, and yet Noris cannot deter his attention from the vast collection of books. However, Noris is really more confused than amazed.
Those... things... they seem like the things those wretched humans used when they pulled me from the forest.

Noris finally takes his attention off of the books to give a quick glance to the dark tanned woman. He watches as she gives him a smirk, but all Noris could do in return was a small grunt. Meanwhile, Noris tries with all of his migght not to look at the blond female dressed in leather.

Noris fails to pay attention to the rather older female as she speaks to the group. However, the platinum pieces do grab his attention, as if Norid knew exactly what to do with them.Money. Those wretched humans loved this stuff. Somehow, it is useful to humans and civilization.

stimpius
2007-09-28, 01:25 AM
{{Posting to say im here}} Will edit this later on at college too hungover now to do anything :(

Cogwheel
2007-09-28, 02:33 AM
The thri-kreen clings to the walls and shadows, his movements feral, predatory, almost cat-like. his sword-grip tightens as he eyes his employers warily, sweeping over them with shining yellow eyes that show a cold madness. Glass claws creak as he moves toward the three, near enough for conversation, yet carefully out of range for any attack all but the wizardess might launch. his voice is a calm hiss, quiet aside from the clicking of mandibles. he might as well have been a shadow, were it not for the light reflecting off his eyes and carapace. he looks at the platinum bars with an equal misture of disdain and amusement.

"There shall be no need for such things, lady Merianna. Merely show me the prey, and I shall be on my way."

The thri-kreen's eyes dart around the room, taking the details in, while he muses to himself.

"And so it begins, the greatest hunt the world could offer..."

Tar Palantir
2007-09-28, 06:56 AM
Silme Elenac enters behind Noris, content to let the gruff dwarf go in ahead of him in case of danger. Silme had not lived as long as he had by taking foolish chances. He was reasonably tall and very imposing, with pitch black hair and penetrating blue eyes. His black hooded cloak concealed the chain shirt covering his chest, as well as most of his face. At his belt was a black scabbard adorned with sapphires, holding a bastard sword. A small shield was strapped across his back, black steel adorned with his coat of arms, a silver wolf head with blue eyes. He followed Norris as he entered the library, and listened as the dark robed woman spoke. He listened to the thri-kreen, then offered his own reply.

"If you have no need for wealth, then I will put it to good use. Money begets power, is a means to an end, one that I seek."

Silme paused, thinking to himself.

"Perhaps then I will be able to recover my father's sword, and bath its noble history in blood."

Kyroswolf
2007-09-28, 10:46 AM
Gorganiean walks through town with a deliberate pace. The hood of his cloak is pulled low to hide his face, the it's length cannot quite hide his feral feet or the bump caused by his tail. He smiles inwardly at each gasp of horror as they head for the tower.

Once they are inside the tower he tosses back his hood, shaking his out his mane. His brown fur is spotted with yellow. Scars cover his muzzle, with a prominent one slashing from above his right eye to the middle of his nose. His black leather armor is studded with balls of iron, a battleaxe hangs from his belt, and a shield is strapped to his arm.

He listens carefully as the old woman speaks. Straining to understand, he has only recently begun to learn Common. Why can't all people use proper language?

When Silme claims the thri-kreen's portion of the bounty, he draws his axe then moves to stand between Silme and the Platinum.

"Grrrrrrrrr. Rowr yip yip rowr rowr."

"If he does not want his bounty, it should be split between Amat and myself!"

Cogwheel
2007-09-28, 10:49 AM
"Very well, than. Do with it as you wish, human, I care for it not."

stimpius
2007-09-28, 10:50 AM
Tamis walks in through the guarded door with barely a glance at the armoured mecernaries, except a quick glance to see if she approved of their muscles and curves.

She walks with the air of one who always gets what they want and no one ask's questions because she leads and she is always right and can make snap desicions without hesitation.

She is wearing a supple armour of leather crafted and shaped it seems to her body, showing all her curves while still allowing her maximum protection as well as manuverability in battle and barely hampering her in her passage at all.

Over her back she has slung a bow which she looks more than ready to use, but no one see's her face. She wears a deep dark green cowl, through which she has no trouble seeing out but does not permit anyone to see in, and if anyone tries to touch it a knife appears in her hand as if by magic and at their throat.

"Greetings, i am the guild contact on this, sent by them and already knowing Avery." Mentioning the other womans name she will send a nod in her direction, "I have the official guild letter here which WILL be destroyed by ME once i am sure we are all here and i tell you what is in it."

With this said she will sidle over to a corner and lean back against a wall semmingly at ease and watching everyone else as they arrive and judging them already.

BlueWizard
2007-09-28, 11:33 AM
Merianna narrows her eyes, and looks at the Gnoll carefully, she speaks slowly so the Gnoll can understand. "Listen here, 'George'! You are to work together. Too long has the Guild been marked with in-fighting."

Kalima goes up to Silme and tries to gently take his hand."Yes, we need future leaders in are fight against that which tries to take our freedoms from us. We can answer questions, but beyond these walls, and what ever the guildmaster wrote on their for agent Tamis, is to remain secret."

When Tamis speaks they all listen. Merianna is a little condescending when she looks at the female guild contact, "Yes. 'Miss Tamis'. Those instructions will be all you need. Avery assured me everything is in place. We merely came together to show you solidarity. Each of us represents an aspect of the empire. I am a Seeker, of the wizard schools. Young Avery is a fine assassin. Kalima serves the merchant fleets. You will be on you own beyond Norkan, but we wanted to give you a map from here and half your pay up front. To aid in your trip. Unfortunately, not much to be said for magic shoppes around here."

Avery looks at the pretty guild contact, or at least as much as she can. "Come on Tamis, show us your face. There is no shame in being here. We accept elves here." She will point to a slight fellow {Arnat} that came in with the thri-kreen and gnoll. A man in robes {Keren} is also here with Noris and Silme.

Kalima looks to Avery, "I hope that scout comes. You'll need him in the wilderness." Avery gives her a sarcastic grin. Avery is quite pretty, and almost disarmingly so. Those of you experienced with imperial nobles would be used to their great beauty. {Charisma of 25 or more is not uncommon with royalty.}

OOC- Remember, George only speaks Gnoll. I will assume Arnat helps translate at times. Merianna actually speaks and understands gnoll.

psychoticbarber
2007-09-28, 12:27 PM
A halfling stalks into the room, dressed in greys and greens. His green eyes glare piercingly around the room, and rather than sit, he leans against a bookshelf, pulls a pipe out of his pack, and begins to smoke, quietly listening.

If anyone asks who he is, he will simply reply "Dyeinon", leaving others to ask questions.

stimpius
2007-09-28, 03:26 PM
"Even so i would prefer to keep my face in the shadows. Does not everyone conceal at least one secret from others?"

At this she will move forward and pocket the platinum before resuming her place at the edge of the room.

Colt
2007-09-28, 03:37 PM
Arnat and his companions made a rather interesting sight in the town, a Gnoll, a Thri-kreen, and an elf pulling a wheeled sting bass behind. upon arriving at the tower and realizing that 5 flights of stairs might be a little much to drag a bass up, he leaves it inside the front door. Upon entering the library he begins to feel much more at ease, thinking to himself, "Perhaps this job won't be quite as weird and demented as it has been so far." but upon seeing the rest of the group his hopes are a little quashed. he livens a little upon noticing the money though, especially since it seems some of the others will be skipping their shares. When he signed on to this venture, he didn't know he would have to be a personal translator to a Gnoll, but at least the Gnoll seems to like him somewhat. After listening to the leaders give their speeches, he steps forward, bows to the ladies, and says "I am glad to serve the guild, and hope my work will be satisfactory." then makes a quick remark in elvish to the contact "I am much heartened to see another of my kind here."

headwarpage
2007-09-28, 04:20 PM
Keren

A shortish, but muscular, young man with a darkish complexion follows Silme and Noris into the room. Though his head is shaved, he wears rough peasant's clothes rather than the robes of a monk, so it's equally possible that he's some local tough, or just a fellow who's had problems with lice. Unlike the others in the room, he carries no obvious weaponry. Taking in those already present, he steps to the table to claim his platinum before retreating to the edge of the room. Though his face and body indicate patience verging on boredom, his eyes burn with the intensity of some strong emotion.

Kesnit
2007-09-28, 04:57 PM
D'pat Darkblade

A human man walks into the room. At first glance, he appears ordinary. Average height and weight. Brown hair. Black eyes. But something about him draws a second look. Perhaps it is the cold, emotionless look in his eyes. Perhaps it is the easy way his hand rests on the heavy mace attached to his belt. Or perhaps it is the symbol of the Lord of the Second painted on the heavy wooden shield slung over his shoulder.

I was summoned here from my temple and was told to report to the Guild. Even his voice is cold.

Tar Palantir
2007-09-28, 07:11 PM
Silme raises an eyebrow as D'pat enters the room. Apparently this was a venture of some significance, for a dark paladin to come. He was obviously a paladin of Dispatar. Silme could recognize such things with ease from his father's training, now so long ago. He decided not to comment for now, but to watch this Darkblade with caution. He moves forward with an easy awareness, stepping up to the Gnoll. Then he spoke, trusting that the beast could understand Common, even if it could not speak it.

"I assume you have some objection to my claim on the platinum. Very well. We will split it. A bar for everyone save the thri-kreen, and the last for me, because I was first to ask. The other option is ten bars for me and a blade in your belly. Choose wisely."

His hand strayed to the hilt of his sword, rough and unadorned compared to the jeweled scabbard that held it. The scabbard had been made to match his father's sword, which should have been his. Instead it was carried off by the common rabble, and Silme was left with an ordinary blade and a painful reminder of what he had lost. He would find his father's sword, and he would make the land run red with blood in vengeance.

Cogwheel
2007-09-28, 08:27 PM
The thri-kreen says nothing, merely sighing - a strange, hissing, clicking sound - and staring at the display before him, watching as his new companions are overcome by greed.

For him, there was only the hunt.

BlueWizard
2007-09-28, 08:44 PM
Old Merianna groans in annoyance at Silme, "Kalima said you were a smart one! I don't want any threats here. I don't think it will do to have you trying to kill the ones who are trying to help you. Your first payment is 1000 gold pieces each. If the Thri-kreen wants to forego the payment we will hold it until the second installment, come mission completion. I want no unfair advantages by any of you. As I said, it is the utmost importance that you work together! If you don't want the coin you will be considered a friend of the Guild for life, with full benefits, but the passing of bars shall be seen as a donation. We thank you Kathris." Old Merianna attempts to click and whirl in the Thri-kreen language, a bit of thanks, but is rather poor at it.

Kalima gets some sort of magical message, as D'pat strides gallantly in. She then frowns and relays the message to the others. She speaks mostly to the dark paladin, "Your fellow neighbor from Vasser will not make it. It appears he ran into some rebel trouble on the way here. You best be wary of that too. They tend to kill Guild associates. The priest Torak will not be joining you all. We will see what we can do. Temples seem to want an arm and a leg for their prized priests. But, we will try to get one to you VERY soon."

The pretty, sexy Avery looks about with magical eyes and smiles, "Well, we're all here then!"

{OOC- If the group insists, I can get an NPC cleric to join, but it'll be a rushed job by Merianna, and likely be a chaotic evil priest of Loki. In the meantime I am going to recruit a priest PC for the future!:smallbiggrin:
OOC2- Apparently I missed the OOC post of SandDemon dropping out.:smallredface: :smallfrown: :smallredface: }

psychoticbarber
2007-09-28, 09:33 PM
Dyeinon smiles softly, with a disturbing glint in his eye. "Do not be too hasty regarding the gold. You will be helpless in the wilderness without me."

He puffs for a moment on his pipe before continuing. "What am I tracking down for you?" he asks of Merianna.

Such beasts, Dyeinon thinks to himself, But better than the human filth.

oloknotwise
2007-09-29, 12:39 AM
Noris Orecrusher

Noris holds one of the platinum pieces in his hand, silently inspecting the currency as if this is his first time seeing one. However, in comparison to the rest of the beings in the room, Noris pays no attention to the conversations and events that are occurring around him.

Civilized beings, their set of priorities are blinded by their desire for power.

When things begin to somewhat quiet down around him, Noris pries his attention away from the Platinum piece and looks up at Kalima.

''When do I start?"

BlueWizard
2007-09-29, 03:56 AM
Merianna looks with a little disdain at the halfling, but covers it up a bit, "You are tracking tinker gnomes. The guildmaster's message explains it in detail, but they are secretly working with the elves and dwarves and messing with the slave trade. We believe they are designing crafts for kidnapping slaves. Find out what these are and destroy the contraptions if need be. Tinker Gnome cause as much problems as help with their inane inventions. Tamis has been instructed to steal any plans, if she cannot there will still be an extra reward for those who return successfully with possible tinker gnome plans. Kill as many of them as possible, the world is tired of them. The elf bodies... no offense are worth something, so try to keep them intact. Living elves are even more valuable... Those who turn against the empire are fair game for the 'trade'. Same goes to fairies if you happen across them. Anyway, there is a chance for you all to make a lot of gold. Retirement plans are also included with this offer." Her smirk tells you all she doesn't expect any of you to make it that far.

Avery chuckles at the uncouth dwarf, "You can start now if you don't need a priest. We'll send a more reasonable one with you. Perhaps closer to the caves. The temple of Loki is deeply involved with this, so don't piss them off." {OOC- Loki is mostly Chaotic Neutral in my world, though some priesthoods interpret him differently.}

stimpius
2007-09-29, 04:50 AM
"So be it, tinker gnomes are fair play and i will bring back the plans for you do not worry."

She will read the note again, seeing if it ask's us where to start, and once she has that information, and any other relevant information she wishes the party to know she will tell them all.

Incling her head towards Deyion, she will say "You would be best to lead and track in this venture, and we are asked to start at ______ ((iunsert town name here))"

After telling everyone what she wants them to know, she will destroy the note by ripping it up and then throwing it into the fire in the library if there is one.

Tar Palantir
2007-09-29, 09:17 AM
Silme sighs, and collects his own platinum, leaving the thri-kreen's share untouched. More money is always better than less, but he knew to quit while he was ahead. This would still be more than enough gold to buy some better equipment before leaving to kill these gnomes. He spoke.

"So we go in, killl gnomes, capture or kill elves, and steal gnome plans, smashing anything we can't carry with us. Does that about sum it up?"

It wasn't the most interesting mission, but the pay was good. At least it was an interesting crowd. A Gnoll, a dark paladin, a dwarven barbarian. The paladin in particular interested him. He would probably kill him in the end. Good or evil, the world was better off with one less paladin.

psychoticbarber
2007-09-29, 02:04 PM
Gnomes, and not humans Dyeinon thinks to himself. Perhaps some humans will get in the way.

Dyeinon listens intently to the description of the job, occasionally puffing on his pipe. He looks at the platinum, trying to decide whether to take the money or to get in good with the guild. "When the rest are ready, I am ready to begin."

Kesnit
2007-09-29, 03:15 PM
D'pat nodded after hearing the description of the mission. Metalcrafters should only bow to My Lord, Dispater. Those who do not.. he smiled evilly annoy Him greatly. I look forward to the chance to destroy those who turn against their rightful Master.

He picked up the payment and slipped it in his pack.

Cogwheel
2007-09-29, 08:40 PM
The thri-kreen shoots Silme a baleful glare from his sharp yellow eyes, almost pinning him to the wall with his gaze. When he speaks, his voice is tinged with an annoyance that sounds as though it could erupt into a cold fury if he is further provoked.

"Control yourself and your greed alike, human. No sane man wishes for my ire, I suggest that you do not become the first."

Still standing by the wall, his head turns to face Merianna, the annoyance gone from his voice.

"Very well. When are we to depart?"

BlueWizard
2007-09-29, 09:10 PM
Tamis' starting town is Norkan, but she knows a couple days walk inland will take you all to the village of Gethry. You are not to do much business in Gethry, and the Guild doesn't want trouble with the King here. You are all to head straight for the neaby caves, leave as soon as the mission is accomplished.

Avery looks at the strong, but smart looking fighter, Silme. "You got it, soldier-boy. I may even have a special reward for YOU if you get to old Galorine." She touches Silme and flashes her enchanting eyes at him, the look of the gorgeous girl makes Silme's heart flutter.

Avery will make sure she gets the handsome paladin's attention before he leaves, all of you will be hurried on your way as soon as you have all the info. Avery whispers something softly in D'pat's ear. It seems to soothe him.

{OOC-- Side note, I allow alternative lifestyles, so if you feel to tell me if your PC might not be attracted to the same sex or anything. For instance the charm of a Nymph would attract straight men and lesbians. Gay men and women might be attracted to an incubus.}

Off to Gethry:
So, unless you want to resupply with common items, you are set to head off. Tamis might inform you on a little more info on the way, and then we will begin the journey up the river toward Gethry.

Avery looks at Silme with a sexy smile, but there is something unspoken between the paladin and her.

Each one of you is allowed to take ten platinum bars, worth 100 gold, and can be traded as such if the merchant has the right change. It is a lot for some communities. Though cities have no trouble with the barred currency.

Kesnit
2007-09-29, 11:19 PM
D'pat nods to Avery and smiles. The smile is the first thing he has done that almost makes him seem human. Almost.

He turns to the others. To Gethry, then?

stimpius
2007-09-30, 06:07 AM
Tamis

"Indeed to Gethry, and i may impart some information en route there. I would recommend Dyeinon and myself taking point, i do not trust anything or anyone, especially roads, no matter there proclaimed status of safety."

Tar Palantir
2007-09-30, 06:47 AM
Silme notices Avery's attentions, and notes that he would probably be extremely attracted to her, had his life gone another way. But his heart was long dead, shriveled and black as pitch. He had the distinct feeling that Avery was trying to use him, and he did not like being used.

Silme spoke up, "I'll take rearguard position. Wouldn't want to be caught offguard." His words were vaguely suggestive, but not enough to warrant calling out.

Silme's mind turned back to Avery. Frowning, he had the strangest feeling that he had seen her before, a long time ago. He could not be certain, but he would definitely be careful around her.

Cogwheel
2007-09-30, 09:29 AM
"Very well. To Gethry it is, than. I shall remain apart from the remainder of the company - my place is in the shadows."

BlueWizard
2007-09-30, 01:09 PM
A quick stop at the simple general stores of Norkan, will help supply common items. And military supplies will be fairly traded at the king's fort.

Eventually, you are all ready and the party sets out on foot, perhaps with a pack animal, but they are off. Small trails lead all around the country-side and an old peasant trail leads to Gethry.

DM's Marching Order:
{OOC- Can be altered, I am just feeling this out here, for now, and at other random times in the future.:smallcool: Can be done as 1x1 or 2x2.}

D'pat
Dyeinon
Noris
Tamis
Arnat
Keren
'George'
Silme

Kathris- Will be separate from party in shadows as much as possible

psychoticbarber
2007-09-30, 01:24 PM
{OOC - Marching order works for me, or else I can scout ahead a bit, whichever the rest of the party prefers.}

Tar Palantir
2007-09-30, 01:51 PM
OOC: Looks good.

BlueWizard
2007-09-30, 01:56 PM
OOC- I did want to level you guys some, so I am going to push it along. However, one more thing, will be Night Watches. Post your preference, and/or I will make a rough list. If you don't want to watch and trust the others, you can. The elves, of course, only need a brief meditation, so they are always good to have for this.

psychoticbarber
2007-09-30, 02:04 PM
{OOC - I'll take early morning watch with whoever wants to get up at 3am with me :smallwink:.}

Tar Palantir
2007-09-30, 02:07 PM
OOC: I'll take first watch, preferably with a non-fighter.

oloknotwise
2007-09-30, 03:45 PM
{OOC: Noris can help take the early morning watch with psychoticbarber's character. It just seems natural for him to be in this environment...}

stimpius
2007-09-30, 05:22 PM
{{ OOC I dont sleep :smallsmile: meditate ftw :P And ill find a tree to be in every night,

and also i'll scout ahead with Dye, or stand with D'pat / behind him. }}

Colt
2007-09-30, 05:42 PM
OOC: I'll take 1st, get some bass practice before bed...

Arnat picks up his money and stores it, and then bows to the ladies, and leaves with the rest. Arnat isn't really used to walking so far pulling his bass with him, but it's what he has to do...

BlueWizard
2007-09-30, 05:49 PM
Marching Order:
Scouts: Dyeinon, Tamis {will drop behind in D'pat in close quarters}

Lead: D'pat
Noris
Arnat
Keren
'George'
Silme

Night-watch:
Meditate all night: {They will need only 1 hour of solid meditation}
Arnat and Tamis

Shifts:
Evening: Silme / Arnat
Bewitching Hours: D'pat- {he needs to pray at night anyway} / Keren
Early Dawn: Noris / Dyeinon

{OOC- DM suggested watch, can be adjusted or changed... expect the trip to move quickly... maybe.:smallwink: }

psychoticbarber
2007-09-30, 06:00 PM
{OOC}
Pertinent rolls for scouting...
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Let me know if you need others.

Cogwheel
2007-09-30, 06:01 PM
OOC - Marching order works for me. If anyone is willing to trust Kathris, he doesn't sleep. Period. So I think it would be fair to have him on watch the whole time, no?

Kyroswolf
2007-09-30, 07:12 PM
OOC: George trusts noone but the thrikreen and amat. He long ago got accustomed to sleeping one hour then watching one hour. So, he will probably keep this pattern.

Kesnit
2007-09-30, 08:08 PM
OOC: The marching and watch orders work fine for me.

oloknotwise
2007-09-30, 08:42 PM
{OOC: Martching order is good for me.}

stimpius
2007-10-01, 01:27 AM
That all works and scouty roles if needed :

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
Hide [roll2]
Move Silent [roll3]

BlueWizard
2007-10-01, 04:56 PM
On the trail taken by Dyeinon in this region he will notice several golden wolves and even stags that watch from a distance, and flee top speed if ever approached. They are taller and stronger than your normal animals, and clearly reek of celestial influence.

The day will pass and evening approaches. The lands around Norkan are hilly forests of pine and oak, with a fair amount of berry bushes. Many streams help to maintain a healthy nature-life. Some of you may be more appreciative of this than others. A few signs written in imperial common are posted once and awhile saying don't trespass - someone's - or so-and-so's - land. But, no settler or farmer would dare saying anything to this tough looking band of 'missionaries'. Even the King's soldier patrols avoid the trail to allow all of you to pass.

The small town of Norkan is already a distant memory of the morning when Merianna appears again. This time with a cloaked dwarf. "Found a priest! This is Brother Kithas. I believe, Vice Darkblade might be aquainted with him from Vasser."

{OOC- I am dropping off the new priest before your first night on the road. Welcome Lochar!}

Merianna will teleport away as quickly as possible, she dares not be seen with any of you.

Current Marching Order: {OOC- Next time I'll resolve these issues in the OOC thread so I don't clutter our stroy thread.:smallwink: }
Scouts: Dyeinon, Tamis {will drop behind in D'pat in close quarters}

Lead: D'pat
Noris
Kithas- dwarven priest
Arnat
Keren
'George'
Silme

Night-watch:
Meditate all night: {They will need only 1 hour of solid meditation}
Kathris{needs an hour} and Tamis

Shifts:
Evening: Silme / Arnat
Bewitching Hours: D'pat / Keren
Early Dawn: Noris / Dyeinon

Kesnit
2007-10-01, 05:28 PM
D'pat approaches the priest. Yes, I do know you. You serve the Lord of the Ninth, if my memory serves. The comment was more statement than question. You are, of course, welcome here, fellow servant of Hell.

Tar Palantir
2007-10-01, 05:33 PM
Silme stepped forward, sizing up the dwarven priest. He finally said, "So, yet another imbecile whose powers come not from their own skill, but by groveling before the gods and begging for strength. Fantastic. Not to mention that you need to sleep all night to restore your magic, making you completely exempt from guard duty. You had better be worth it."

headwarpage
2007-10-01, 05:46 PM
Keren

Keren merely nods impassively at the newcomer, a simple acknowledgement of his existence.

((No problem with the marching order or watches, by the way.))

Colt
2007-10-01, 05:53 PM
Arnat sizes up the dwarf skeptically, before finally deciding that he would probably be best to avoid any one who would be considered a servant of hell, but time will tell, and healing is alway nice to have, so he respectfully greets the newcomer.

Lochar
2007-10-01, 06:07 PM
Kithas pushes the hood of his cloak back, looking over the group. "I'm surprised you all managed to make it out of a town, much less be trusted with anything."

He pushes a hand through thick black hair, looking skyward and touching at his chest.

He sighs. "But, when the church commands. At least you are here, D'pat, I know your hand is steady when it is required."

BlueWizard
2007-10-01, 07:10 PM
Not long after Kithas joins the group evening will fall, and Tamis and Dyeinon will return from their scouting. They have found a good defensible place to camp.

OOC- Camp can be made and night will pass.... maybe.:smallcool: }

Tar Palantir
2007-10-01, 08:26 PM
Silme sighs and props his gear against a tree, leaning back against it as he watches for anything out of the ordinary. His fingers slide along the length of his scabbard as he thinks about his father's sword, that should now be his sword. No, best not to dwell on that now. He needed to concentrate. Focusing his senses to notice anything unusual, he prepared for a long night.

[roll0]
[roll1]

oloknotwise
2007-10-01, 09:04 PM
Noris Orecrusher

Noris places his gear beside a small bush and looks around. Soon afterwards, he moves around to the other side of the bush,removes his armor, scopes out the small area and falls asleep.

Lochar
2007-10-01, 09:06 PM
Kithas

Kithas removes his armor before wrapping it in his cloak. He then lays against it, using it as a hard pillow. After giving an eye over the group, he nods to the watch and falls into a light sleep.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-01, 09:12 PM
Gorganiean stalks around the perimeter of the camp inspecting everything. He eyes each member of the party with a jaundiced eye. When he is finally familiar with the sound and smells of the camp he settles into one of his fitful sleeps.

He sleeps for about an hour, then wakes with a start. His eyes have a panicked expression, then slowly he realizes where he his. He then gets up and refamiliarizes himself with camp and sleeps for another hour.

Cogwheel
2007-10-01, 09:20 PM
The thri-kreen scarcely pays any attention to the dwarf, leaping up silently to his spot atop a tree. his yellow eyes sweep over the scene, absorbing every last detail as he sits in wait, almost as if he wishes that some... prey would intrude upon the camp.

Kesnit
2007-10-01, 09:30 PM
D'pat looks around at his companions with a cynical expression. Without a word, he strips of his chainmail and lays it out beside him. He puffs his pack up like a pillow, then turns to those on first watch. Make sure you wake me a few minutes before you fall asleep so I can put my armor back on.

Wrapping himself in his bedroll, he falls asleep.

psychoticbarber
2007-10-01, 10:10 PM
Dyeinon climbs into his bedroll silently and waits to be awoken.

Colt
2007-10-02, 05:59 AM
Arnat slowly looks around the camp before finding a good spot to watch and meditate.

stimpius
2007-10-02, 07:51 AM
Tamis

{{Apologies my connection really sucks atm, and i've lost the link to the OOC thread someone PM it me please?}}

"Rest easy, i can watch over us once i have had my hour."

With this she will climb into a tree and nestle against its trunk, meditate for the solid hour she needs then keep the state of silent vigel for the rest of the night in the state needed :)

Rolls:

Climb [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Listen [roll]1D20+6/roll]
Hide [roll2]
Move Silent [roll3]

stimpius
2007-10-02, 07:52 AM
{{Messed one up}}

Listen [roll0]

BlueWizard
2007-10-02, 06:16 PM
Your first nights sleep out in the wilderness is not peaceful. Those of you who had laid down to sleep are disturbed.

{OOC- I allow Medium armor to be worn to sleep in for short periods with no minuses, but part of the heavy armor needs to be removed, if Kithas wants to sleep in his banded mail.}

The disturbance happens during Silme and Arnat's watch before Arnat even starts his nightly meditation. All of you can act, but will be in the process of getting up... or are already ready. Kathris and Tamis are up as well, and can act immediately. The sounds of wolves howling is suddenly heard as many of the golden wolves charge the camp. A whole pack!

Many of you need only grab your weapon and stand. The wolves have you surrounded and are about 60 feet away! These look like the ones Dyeinon spotted earlier in the day, that spied from afar.

COMBAT BEGINS:
Post your action, and die roll with bonuses. I trust you guys. I am letting my players help me with rolling. I will move the battle even if all pcs have not posted, so keep up! This will hopefully be our learning battle, so you can all see how I operate in combat.:smallcool:

Initiatives:
'George' 19+3
Dyeinon 18+3
Silme 16+3
Kithas- dwarven priest 13+0
Kathris- thri-kreen 7+5
Arnat 8+4
D'pat 10+1
Tamis 5+5
The Golden Wolves
Noris 4+2
Keren 1+3

Lochar
2007-10-02, 06:23 PM
Kithas: AC 11, Touch 9. No time to put armor on, but grabbing the shield is easy enough.

"Damn it all, can none of you kill those things from a distance?"

Kithas readies an action to attack a wolf if it gets close to him. Should no wolves attack him but someone is seriously wounded, he will heal them. ((Basically going to delay until after the wolves, unless he gets attacked))

Should the heal be needed...
CLW:[roll0]

Watch me heal for 2!

psychoticbarber
2007-10-02, 06:42 PM
Dyeinon, AC 17, touch 14, HP 9.

Dyeinon will reach for his bow and stand, firing a single arrow at the nearest Wolf with a clear line of fire.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Kyroswolf
2007-10-02, 06:55 PM
AC 20, Touch 13 HP 20

Gorganiean grabs his battleaxe and shield and jumps to his feet, looking for the nearest target.

Readied action to attack any wolf that enters his threatened area.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Tar Palantir
2007-10-02, 07:16 PM
Silme AC 18 Touch 13 Flat 15 HP 10

Silme, being on watch at the time, was one of the first to catch sight of the wolves, and stood quickly, sword drawn and shield readied. He edged closer to the wolves, just aslightly, almost daring them to attack. He would be ready when they did.

Silme moves 10 feet towards the wolves, and readies himself to strike with his sword if any enemies come within his threatened area.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Cogwheel
2007-10-02, 08:15 PM
Silently, almost lazily, the thri-kreen leaps down from his treetop, homing in on the kill. Four blades rise, and four blades fall, the metal singing through the air as it flies toward his first victim.

Attack rolls

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Crit confirmations, if necessary

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Damage rolls

[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Kesnit
2007-10-02, 08:21 PM
Given that you said you allow sleeping in Medium armor, can I pretend I didn't say D'pat took off his chainmail?

With armor: AC 18 touch 11
Without armor: AC 13 touch 11

D'pat snarls at the approaching wolves. Come to die, have you?

Readying an attack if any wolf enters a threatened square.
Attack: [roll0]
Crit confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Colt
2007-10-02, 08:36 PM
Arnat was just slipping into his meditation when he heard the wolves, immediately two honed daggers appear in his hands, one of which he throws at the first wolf to come into range.

16 AC 6 HP

Attack roll:
[roll0]
If Crit: [roll1]

Damage Roll
[roll2]

oloknotwise
2007-10-02, 08:52 PM
Noris Orecrusher

Grr... How dare I be attacked when I am sleeping!

Noris gets up from his slumber with one of his javelins.

Noris will not put his armor, but just throw a javelin at the closest wolf.
AC=12 (touch=12)
Javelin: [roll0]
Javelin Damage: [roll1]

stimpius
2007-10-03, 07:38 AM
Tamis

AC 17 HP 4

"Kill them all"

With this she will take aim and fire at a wolf, from staying on her branch as she stated earlier in the thread. {{ if any are left after all the others actions on that shoddy initative roll.}}

Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1] ((I think might be a D4))

BlueWizard
2007-10-03, 12:46 PM
Gorganiean stands and waits with his battleaxe....

Dyeinon's arrow shot, as he stands, could be blamed on fuzzy vision as he wakes up. It misses, and he loses track of the arrow in the woods.

Silme readies himself for the wolf rush!

Kithas holds for a healing spell... if needed... he does drop into the middle of the group as best he can.

Kathris leaps from the tree for his ground attack at the right moment....

Arnat holds his dagger until the right moment...

D'pat {the evil paladin, can wear the medium armor, since the player now knows of my rules, though do note I will be keeping track of those sleeping in Medium armor and later discomforts}, he will wait for the right moment of attack as well!

Tamis fires an arrow shot and can see she did not pierce the hide of the wolf she fired at. The arrow skips off the tough skin.

The wolves charge and leap in.... all of those waiting act!

Gorganiean batters one with a nasty chop in its back, but can see he didn't fell it. {d:9} His nose tells him there are maybe a dozen wolves attacking... and maybe even a human.

Silme slashes at the wolf as it comes at him, and can see he didn't take a proper stance for the blow only left a scratch on the wolf facing him. {d:3}

Kithas still holds back, looking for wounded...

Kathris leaps in a flurry of attacks with its strange glass like claws, that flash interestingly in the starlight. The wolf is a little surprised, and maybe scared, but the thri-kreen does nothing to it!:smallfrown:

Arnat tosses his dagger hard, and scratches the nearest wolf open and coming at him. (d:3} He can see where the dagger fell.

D'pat misses the quite dexterous wolf, as it bounds toward him.

The wolves then swarm!
Dyeinon is the first to take serious damage, as the wolf comes in and gives him a nasty bite on the side, that leaves him bleeding badly! {d:7}

Kithas, who was waiting for this sort of thing, moves in carefully behind Dyeinon to heal the halfling as another wolf bounds at him. Kithas' partial under-armor kept him safe, and Kithas heals Dyeinon for some of the damage he took. {+5}

The wolves are vicious and unrelenting in their attacks {high DM attack rolls}! Keren, Silme, and Noris are bitten. The rest of you managed to avoid any nips!
{Keren d:7; Silme d:5; Noris d:6} These golden wolves seem normal to Dyeinon, though they seem to be blessed by gods....

The two elves will confirm anything 'George' might've sniffed out, as they hear a human chanting in the woods!

Noris can actually wail his great-axe into the the wolf biting him! {d:10} His mighty blow puts a gash into the wolf, but doesn't drop it!

Keren punches the wolf near him as hard as he can! He fumbles.... {I do fumbles...:smallamused: } Keren stumbles a little, but manages to not fall back down onto his bedroll.

End Round 1------------------------------------------>
{OOC- Battle is on! Sorry about the delay, but I will definitely be posting tonight for Round 2!}

Initiatives:
Dyeinon 18+3 hp 7/9
Tamis 5+5
'George'
Silme 5/10
Kathris- thri-kreen
Arnat
D'pat
The Golden Wolves
Kithas- dwarven priest
A human?
Noris 4+2 hp 9/15
Keren 1+3 hp 3/10

Lochar
2007-10-03, 12:53 PM
Kithas curses. "Damn it, you all die, I'm going to be pissed! Buncha low life wolves ain't gonna do you all in, are they?"

When it becomes Kithas turn again, he reaches for the person at lowest health and heals them.

"My lord requires your life longer, die another day!"

CLW: [roll0] And then I'm out! Watch me die. :P

Kesnit
2007-10-03, 01:01 PM
In the name of the Dark Lord! D'pat screamed, swinging his mace at the wolf that had dared to attack him.

Attack:[roll0]

Kyroswolf
2007-10-03, 01:06 PM
Gorganeian steps to the nearest wolf and wails into him with his battleaxe, snarling with delight at the battle.

OOC: 5ft step if possible or just take the fewest possible AoOs
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

psychoticbarber
2007-10-03, 01:08 PM
Dyeinon AC 17, touch 14, HP 7.

Dyeinon hops away from the Wolf, moving in the direction of his allies {OOC - 5ft Step}, and launches another arrow at the wolf that attacked him

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

stimpius
2007-10-03, 01:21 PM
Tamis

Stats block

AC 17 Touch 15 FF 12 HP 4/4 Location : Up a tree

Tamis will view the woods to see if she can spot a human

Spot [roll0]

If she can she will call out its location to the other's in the party, if she can't she will take aim with her arrow and fire it into a wolf that looks uninjured

Attack [roll1]
Damange [roll2]
Use for human or wolf :D

psychoticbarber
2007-10-03, 02:21 PM
{OOC - [roll0]. Disregard if we're not making reflexive spot checks for the "human?".}

Edit: 8. You know what? Just disregard it entirely :smalleek:.

oloknotwise
2007-10-03, 02:26 PM
Noris Orecrusher

Noris lets out a loud roar as he smashes his greataxe on the wolf that bit his arm. He soon enters into a massive fit of anger and attacks the wolf again.

Noris starts raging:
+2 Strength
+2 Con
-2 AC

Power Attacking the wolf with his axe:
Damage: [roll1]

Stats:
HP: 10/16
AC: 10

oloknotwise
2007-10-03, 02:27 PM
Noris Orecrusher

Natural 20!
Confirm Critical:
[roll0]
If hits, the damage is x3

Tar Palantir
2007-10-03, 03:01 PM
Silme smiles, his sword dancing through the air. He strikes at the wolf with his sword, and then swings his shield around to smash it across the face.

Full Attack, with sword and shield. -2 on both due to 2 Weap Fighting. Don't lose AC thanks to Improved Shield Bash.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Tar Palantir
2007-10-03, 03:02 PM
[spoiler]
Crit on the shield bash, X2 damage!
[/spoiler

BlueWizard
2007-10-03, 03:53 PM
{OOC- In the Hall of Evil, it pays to be on time. My call time to set is later, so with 7 posts, I feel comfortable putting up the 2nd round. I have found if the battle slows the game too much the momentum can really slow the game's interest. You have to remember these moments are only seconds or minutes in the characters lives. Round 3 will probably be up by tomorrow morning depending on the posts. DM actions will try to keep you alive, but that is all I can say.:smallcool: }

Round 2:
The quick little Dyeinon hops away from the wolf firing another arrow. It misses from the action, and he pulls a little bit away. His halfling eyes will spot a human figure in the lowlight of the forest about a 100 feet away. He can't hear a thing with all the banging and clanging.

Tamis has a wolf leaping up the tree, and doing its best to climb at her. She gets a better view of the human in robes, he hides behind a bush for cover. He is 100 feet away from the group's center.

'George' is the first to score a kill {or dying blow...}, when he crashes his battle-axe into the wolf he sliced last round. It crumples under the blow, and lays on the ground dying. {one wolf down!} There are more wolves, and he can see another leap at him and take its place in the swarm.

Silme uses excellent training to finish off the wolf trying to get him. He stabs its neck{d:6}, and then crushes it's skull with his mighty shield bash. {d:8} The second wolf is felled in the battle. {~10 wolves to go!}

Kathris was only getting warmed up {DM action}, it shows why it should be feared. The thri-kreen whirls its four blades and slices and dices up the poor wolf that chose to attack the large insectoid. {total d: 19 and that was low rolls!} {~9 wolves left}

Arnat finds himself already engaged next to his bedroll, so he whips up his scythe and swings hard! {rolled 20 not crit. d:7} He slices a gash in the wolf he already injured, and he can see the golden wolf is bleeding profusely over its golden pelt.

D'pat tries to kill the wolf near him with one blow, but can't. He does manage to leave a nice scratch along one's side.

The nine wolves attack! Kathris is hit by sheer luck, as a wolf crashes into his side. {d:5}
Arnat is bitten, and can feel that the wolf meant to eat his neck, and not shoulder.{d:3}
Keren is critically bitten in the neck, and blood spews forth from him! {d:11} The wolf went for the jugular, and has pulled Keren down in a trip move. {grapple defense fails 10+6} The wolf has Keren by the neck, if Kithas moves to heal Keren, the wolf will bite him.

Paused round 2--------------------------------->
{OOC- A well preverved pelt from these rare golden wolves might be worth something... Tamis, Arnat, Noris{he knows of a certain trade with humans}, and Dyeinon would have this knowledge.}

Initiatives:
Dyeinon 18+3 hp 7/9
Tamis 5+5
'George'
Silme 5/10
Kathris- thri-kreen hp 7/12
Arnat hp 3/6
D'pat
The Golden Wolves
Kithas- dwarven priest-- Paused here...
A human!
Noris 4+2 hp 9/15
Keren 1+3 hp -8/10- Dying

OOC- Don't worry Noris your critical will be awesome!

Lochar
2007-10-03, 04:02 PM
"Your life belongs to me, Keran!"

Heal him. Concentration check: [roll0]

HP: 10
AC: 11, Touch 9

BlueWizard
2007-10-03, 04:17 PM
Kithas moves in to heal the felled Keren. He manages to stablize the bleeding, but takes a horrible bite to the side from the wolf as he moves to heal the monk.{+7} Kithas' side bleeds badly.{d:8} The wolf stays over the downed monk.

The human continues to stay back chanting more to himself softly. He also moves 30 feet closer.

Noris splatters the wolf he battles and cuts it in half as he obliterates it in a spray of goo and blood! {d:46} Noris is covered in wolf blood from that mighty blow, as well as anyone near him.

Keren is down, under the wolf, but stabilized.

End Round 2------------------------------>

Initiatives:
Dyeinon 18+3 hp 7/9
Tamis 5+5
'George'
Silme 5/10
Arnat hp 3/6
D'pat
The Golden Wolves
Kithas- dwarven priest hp 2/10
A human!
Noris 4+2 hp 9/15
Keren 1+3 hp -1/10 Stablized

Kyroswolf
2007-10-03, 04:32 PM
Gorganeian smiles with sadistic glee as the blood flies. His eyes take on a wild gaze as though he is not himself. He steps toward his next victim, slinging the blood from his ax as he draws back for a home run swing at the wolf.

OOC: another 5ft step if needed
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Tar Palantir
2007-10-03, 05:56 PM
Silme draws up from his kill to observe the robed human the others have seen. He shouts to the others, "Kill him! These beast are likely summoned, or his servants. Kill him!" He then proceeds to move towards the robed man, avoiding the wolves as best as possible. His training had taught him to eliminate spellcsters quickly, and this robed human was no fighter.

Silme moves towards the robed man, avoiding AoO's as much as possible by staying out of the wolves' threatened areas.

Colt
2007-10-03, 07:51 PM
OOC: Sorry, for not posting earlier, was busy morning and afternoon.

Wincing from the pain, he summons all of his anger caused by the pain into the blow, Arnat raises his scythe over his head, and brings it down in an attempt to impale the wolf's head on it's blade.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crit [roll2]

Kesnit
2007-10-03, 07:56 PM
You're still alive? D'pat snarled at the wolf. Not for long. He swings again, putting all his frustration behind the swing.

oloknotwise
2007-10-03, 11:17 PM
Noris Orecrusher

"ARRGH!"

Noris screams out in a massive rage as the wolf falls into pieces under the weight of his ax.

He turns his head, then charges at the closest and still standing wolf.

Still in a rage, Noris charges at the nearest wolf.

Attack (Power Attack: -1 to attack to add +2 to damage): [roll0]
Crit (if needed): [roll1]

Stats:
HP: 10/16
AC: 8
Touch: 8

stimpius
2007-10-04, 01:09 AM
Tamis

Stats Block

She will shoot at the wolf attempting to climb a tree, stupid creature.

"The robed man is hiding behind those bushes about 100 feet away!"

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Cogwheel
2007-10-04, 04:45 AM
Kathris turns from his latest kill, spinning around on one heel and stepping gracefully toward another wolf, glass arms glinting in the moonlight. In a flurry of glass and steel, he brings the four wicked blades to bear against his enemy.

Attack rolls
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Crit confirmations

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Damage rolls

[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

BlueWizard
2007-10-04, 12:56 PM
Dyeinon attacks a wolf with his sword and misses! {8+4}

Tamis merely grazes the wolf trying to get at her, and she can see where this arrow embeds itself in the soft earth below. {d:1}

'George' steps up to another wolf and batters it hard! The wolf yelps loudly in pain. {d:8} {after Silme} This wolf looks really bad and bloody!

Silme wades his way through the wolves avoiding the bites that his movement opened up for. He can make his way about 30 feet from the man. Silme can sort of see him in the lowlight of the stars. He is a tan man with a light brown beard. He wears a green-leaf face on his chest. Silme thinks he looks like a druid, and he probably is one, as he walks along with his staff.

Kathris is truly a whirling death trap! He slices up another wolf with relative ease! {near Arnat} This wolf drops as a bloody mess.{7 wolves left!}

Arnat misses another wolf with his scythe and shows why his skills are meant to be used for song!:smallcool:

D'pat, seems to be having difficulty with his wolf, and can't breath the tough hide with his blade.

The wolves attack!
Keren is finished as Kithas has no weapons in hand to stop him. With the wolves eyes' on Kithas it grips Keren's neck with its jaws, and rips it out in a spray of blood that finishes Keren for sure!

The druid shouts, "Yes! Yes! Feed on the evil defilers of Nature! They have come to destroy your land!"

Dyeinon is bitten on the leg and pulled down with a trip! The little halfling is really struggling right now! {d:4} See retro round 4

A wolf does give chase after Silme, but can't bite through the fighter's armor.
The rest of the wolves are equally ineffective with their bite.

Kithas stays back for now firing a crossbow bolt at a wolf. He fumbles, and nearly breaks the wire on his crossbow. {1-2, confirm fumble 6-2} Kithas clearly spent too much time giving devotion to Asmodeus and not in the archery room.

The druid begins to chant a spell and the ENTANGLES Silme... or attempts to! {13+3 reflex save success!} The vines pop-up right infront of the attacking wolf, so they don't get it, but they wrap around Silme's feet. He does manage to avoid getting trapped and can slowly move toward the druid if he wants. The druid put the entanglement area between him and Silme... the druid also moves back from the approaching Silme.

Noris moves and obliterates the one eating the dwarf's associate who he traveled overland with. The wolf is hit in the back of the neck with Noris' crushing axe, and never knew what hit it. Noris cracks the murdering wolf's neck and it falls teeth first into Keren dead and blood body. {d:18}

End Round 3------------------------------------------>
{Keren is quite dead.... I warned everyone... :smallcool: }

Initiatives:
Dyeinon 18+3 hp 3/9
Tamis 5+5
'George'
Silme 5/10 near Druid
Arnat hp 3/6
D'pat
The Golden Wolves
Kithas- dwarven priest hp 2/10
A Human Druid!
Noris 4+2 hp 9/15
Keren SLAIN; throat ripped out by wolf

OOC- If you are editing your posts with die rolls, I'd rather you made the rolls here in my die rolling thread on this site: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27778

Lochar
2007-10-04, 01:05 PM
Kithas backs up out of range of the wolf, scowling at it, all the while reaching into his bag and pulling out a black liquid vial. He quickly quaffs it.

Heals 7 HP, here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3292024&postcount=127)

Kithas
HP: 9/10
AC 11
Touch 9

stimpius
2007-10-04, 01:18 PM
Tamis

Stats Block

Glad that the wolf isn't trying to climb her tree anymore never the less she will try and shoot it again stopping it from climbing the tree.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

{{OOC - Are arrows retrivable or once they are fired, broken?}}

Kyroswolf
2007-10-04, 01:35 PM
"George"

The smell of blood thick upon the air, the gnoll's eyes grow even wilder in their stair as a hyena like laughter is heard coming from Gorganiean's open mouth. He slashes viciously at his victim.

Stats
HP: 20 AC: 20 Touch: 13 Flat: 17

OOC: Didn't know if the wolf attacked last round was still up. If so attack the same wolf, if now 5ft step if needed to go to next wolf.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Kesnit
2007-10-04, 02:07 PM
I am getting tired of you! D'pat cried, determined to kill this wolf.

BTW, D'pat uses a heavy mace, not a bladed weapon.

Tar Palantir
2007-10-04, 03:17 PM
Silme decides to strike at the wolf near him, shouting to the others, paricularly the thri-kreen, which seems to be able to hold its own, "It's a druid! Kill the druid!" He then slashes at the wolf with his sword, followed by a shield bash over the head.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Colt
2007-10-04, 04:02 PM
Arnat attempts to give the wolf another slice.

Attack [roll0]
Crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Cogwheel
2007-10-04, 05:29 PM
Though a thin trickle of green blood issues from his wounds, the thri-kreen makes a supreme effort of will, and the bleeding ceases entirely. Turning toward the druid, he disengages from the wolves and begins to run, half running, half leaping, the excitement of the hunt singing through his veins. Feet rise into the air, smashing down to the ground again with almost no sound, only impact, sending pieces of earth scattering to and fro. In his glass claws are the curved blades that all seem to turn ever so slightly toward the druid, as if impatient for new blood. As he finds his mark, the swords fall in a flurry of steel, and through it, naught but a few words can be heard.

"Nature has no place for fools."

Using a run (x3 will do) action to close in on the druid. TWF rules allow (as I read them) 4 attacks, as it never says that a full attack is necessary, but if it should be kept down to 1, lemme know. Anyway...

Rolls (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3293293#post3293293)

hoo boy, an 8 crit, a 9 crit, and two 10s. These dice like me:smallbiggrin:

Soo... that adds up to 54 damage...wow. In the words of zombie hunters everywhere - "is it dead yet"?

oloknotwise
2007-10-04, 08:44 PM
Noris Orecrusher

Noris hears the druid yell as his his ally dies from the deathly grip of the wolf just before he managed to kill it.

RAARGH! HOW DARE NATURE TURN ON ME!!! Noris lets out yet another scream of anger as he turns to the druid.

Still in a rage, Noris will attack the druid, if in range.

Attack (-2 to attack to add +4 to damage): [roll0]
Critical (if necessary): [roll1]
Critical Damage: [roll3]

Stats:
HP: 11/17
Will: +2

BlueWizard
2007-10-05, 05:38 AM
Retro: Dyeinon actually didn't miss the wolf last round. Instead what happened was he made his way with his little legs toward the human. He would have been near Silme, and in the area of the entanglement, though he is only minorly bothered by the tangles. Dyeinon will be closing even quicker on the human!
{OOC- The wolf doesn't give chase and stays to fight the group and its attack fails! Therefore Dyeinon avoids getting tripped!}

Round 4:
Dyeinon moves on the druid, slowed a little by the entanglement, but just manages to get him! {d:7} The druid takes a deep gash through his brown robes, and he bleeds badly from his chest.

Tamis' footing in the tree is a little wobbly or something. She loses track of that arrow in the woods.

Gorganiean will feel a satisfying thud and crunch under his axe as he smashes the next wolf almost in half, his axe came down hard on its back. {5 Wolves Left!} d:22

Silme fights off the entanglement still, and bashes the wolf with his shield. The wolf dodged his sword. This wolf is looking pretty bad. {d:5}

Kathris {He gets one attack. TWF is all about bonuses to your penalties, the move action still used up the other attacks.... perhaps we can find a way for him to learn Pounce...}
He doesn't make it anyway, for on his hasty charge he becomes embroiled in the entanglement area. {refles save 6+6}

Arnat fails, and hits the wolf's tough hide!

D'pat seems cursed by this blessed wolf! He misses entirely, as the wolf seems to be toying with him, jumping back and forth and all around.

This wolf makes a dramatic leap at Tamis in the tree and nips her leg! The wolf actually fails to pull Tamis out of it, but causes her so much pain that she slumps into a heap on the branch she was perched on. {d:6} Tamis is dying, but at least caught herself in the tree.

Silme is also taken down! The wolf bites him and Silme falls. This wolf will probably look to eat him in the Entanglement.

The other three wolves aren't so lucky or the armor or quickness helped those attacked. {D'pat, Arnat, Kithas}

Kithas can easily back away 5 feet and find a safe place to quaff a healing potion. He feels much better. Though a wolf does find him interesting...

The druid backs away from Dyeinon, it also sees Kathris about to break free of the entanglement next round. It activates a ring and changes to a large golden stag. It then bounds a total of 60 feet away from Dyeinon.

Noris {is no where near the druid, so he...} roars and kills another wolf, this one had just knocked out their contact, Tamis! Noris knocks the head off clean, and thinks this hide could get a good price if he can keep most of the blood from pouring out and staining the pelt. d:41
{4 wolves left! Their morale is shaken!}

End Round 4------------------------------>
Silme and Tamis are still alive, but dying. Tamis is in a tree, and Silme is in the entanglement area near Kathris.

Initiatives:
Dyeinon 18+3 hp 7/9
Tamis 5+5 DYING -2 hit points
Gorganiean
Silme -1/10 now dying!
Arnat hp 3/6
D'pat
The Golden Wolves
Kithas- dwarven priest hp 9/10
A Human Druid! The Golden Stag
Noris 4+2 hp 9/15

{ALL- Keep track of charges, and arrows, and coinage < YOU carry >. This is the honor system here. I have an idea of what you have, but sometimes, I can be off with all my PCs.}

Tar Palantir
2007-10-05, 06:31 AM
Silme struggles to regain consciousness, or at least avoid the cold embrace of death.

Rolling d% to stabalize myself, someone heal me please! Stabalize on 91-100.

[roll0]

Colt
2007-10-05, 07:01 AM
Artan grunts, annoyed that he can't seem to hit this wolf, but at least he isn't getting hurt. He swings again at the wolf

Attack [roll0]
Crit [roll1]
damage [roll2]

Lochar
2007-10-05, 07:10 AM
Kithas scowls at the running stag, plucking off a crossbow bolt at it.

Crit Confirm: [roll1]

Kyroswolf
2007-10-05, 09:01 AM
Now totally enthralled in the madness of battle, "George" steps to the closest wolf and lets loose another swing.

OOC: 5ft step if needed..etc
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Cogwheel
2007-10-05, 09:17 AM
Since entanglement doesn't say anything about jumping... if you rule that it can't be done, tell me before the next round, and I will edit, just give me time.

Kathris glares at Silme, clicking his mandibles in annoyance.

"Pathetic."

he steps over to the fallen fighter, sheathing two of the swords, and hoists him onto his thin, yet incredibly strong frame. Legs tense, muscles are pulled taut, and the thri-kreen makes a nigh-superhuman jump, leaping away from the enchanted vines, carrying Silme.

Making my 20 foot move to go to/pick up Silme/sheathe swords, and then jumping. I'm going out on a limb here and assuming that my jump check will get him out of the area... basically shooting for as far as the check allows, really.

Roll is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3296722#post3296722).

Kesnit
2007-10-05, 09:23 AM
Dispater give me strength! D'pat screams, swinging with rightous fury.

This wolf is really annoying me. Smite Good!

If the wolf isn't good, despite the hints, take 2 off the attack and 1 off the damage.

psychoticbarber
2007-10-05, 09:49 AM
Dyeinon will grimly swing his sword again, attempting to finish the druid off quickly.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

oloknotwise
2007-10-05, 10:18 AM
Noris Orecrusher

Noris watches the wolf drop down under the pressure from his ax. Breathing heavily, Noris tries to make hisway to the druid, attacking any other wolf on the way.

Noriswill attack the nearest alive wolf, but would try to move towards the druid (still raging, 4 rounds left).

Attack (-2 attack to add +4 to damage): [roll0]
Crit (if needed): [roll1]
Crit Damage: [roll3]

Stats:
HP: 11/17
Will: +2

BlueWizard
2007-10-05, 02:15 PM
Dyeinon gives chase of the Golden Stag, but can't charge through the brambles and brush on the hillside. He can reach near the Stag, but can't attack.

Tamis continues to slow in breath in the tree, and she doesn't stablize.

Gorganiean sends this injured wolf to its death! {3 wolves up!}

Silme continues to bleed... the wolf about to eat him notices that the tide is turning...

Kathris can jump, he just needs to break free of the entanglement. He pulls strong against the viney entanglement, and leaps out of the entangled area. He gets over 10 feet up, but also leapt back some to get out of the entangled area. {Roughly Angled Jump, talk to Mr Pythagoras.} Kathris makes his way toward Silme who is close-by. The wolf takes note of the Thri-kreen's approach.

Arnat aids D'pat, and adds a minor scratch to the wolf the paladin of Dispater fights.

D'pat swings and misses! For some reason the druid's Nature gods seem to have cursed his sword!

The last three wolves turn tail and run! The one about to eat Silme, gives a lick of blood for taste on Silme's bloody body, and then sprints away, knowing the Thri-Kreen would catch it if it tried to drag the downed fighter.

Kithas crossbow shot is too far away, and really bad. He hits a tree close-by and buries the bolt in it.

The Druid as a golden stag turns into high gear and sprints nearly 250 feet away into the dark woods. Dyeinon can barely spot the golden stag, as it tries to head off down the slope of this hill.

Noris moves toward the others and the entanglement, and can see Kathris going to Silme.

END COMBAT-------------------------->

{OOC- You all can give chase, and surely Dyeinon can track the hastily retreating druid, but here combat is over. The wolves howl as they flee. Kithas can stabilize the two dying PCs, as Tamis is carefully brought out of the tree. An unconscious elven lady, she'd be quite valuable to many in this condition in the red light district of old Galorine. Though you don't want to piss off the Guild... she IS a member, which is rare. Few elves would even consider joining the human Thieves Guild.}

Lochar
2007-10-05, 02:23 PM
Kithas will stablize the two nearly dead players, after someone retrieves Tamis from the trees.
Heal checks are here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3298296&postcount=135)

What HP are they at?

"What idiots. Don't die on me, or I'll make you wish you'd died."

stimpius
2007-10-05, 02:29 PM
I'll try to stabalise and if it fails, ill wait for the healer :)

BlueWizard
2007-10-05, 02:34 PM
Kithas can stabilize Tamis and Silme.

Tamis will be at -5 hp.

Silme will actually stabilize on his own in the Entanglement the following round as Kathris gently picks him up. Silme is at -2.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-05, 02:39 PM
"George" is fully taken with the lust of battle and doesn't notice wolves leaving. He continues to hack away that the carcases around him, then begins to calm as he tires. He then carves some meat from one of the wolves, licks the blood from his axe, and enjoy some fresh meat.

oloknotwise
2007-10-05, 06:15 PM
Noris Orecrusher

Noris stops his rant breathing heavily. Looking down as the dead wolves all over the ground.
"How dare that druid run like that. How cowardly. DO YOU HEAR THAT? COWARD!"

He looks at the dead wolf again and decides that it would be a good idea to keep skin. However, he is too tired now, so it can wait until the morning.

The dwarf looks to the rest of the party, or at least the members that are still alive. He waits for their reply as to what to do next.

Cogwheel
2007-10-05, 06:25 PM
"Patience, dwarf. he who runs from his enemy.. is merely killed in their sleep. Think no more of it."

oloknotwise
2007-10-05, 06:35 PM
Noris Orecrusher

"I like your thinking..."

psychoticbarber
2007-10-05, 06:39 PM
"I can follow these tracks, if that's what we decide, but we should decide quickly, before the trail has a chance to grow cold." Dyeinon says quickly, subtly demanding an answer.

Colt
2007-10-05, 09:28 PM
Looking up to notice the wolves gone, Arnat sighs, then sits back down on the ground and begins meditating, as if nothing happened.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-05, 09:29 PM
Gorganiean tears another piece of meat from the wolf, then stands and walks to the thri-kreen. He offers it to him, "Yip woof woof yip."

Translation: It is tough but good flavor. Let us follow them. It has been a long time since I enjoyed human flesh.

Cogwheel
2007-10-06, 11:32 AM
"There shall be time for your feast later. For now, the hunt awaits."

With that, the thri-kreen motions to Dyeinon to follow the tracks, and begins to follow silently after him.

Lochar
2007-10-06, 11:37 AM
"If we're going to chase that druid, I can get these two up on their feet. But they WILL owe me. And I do collect." Kithas looks at the others of the group, as he begins strapping on his armor.

psychoticbarber
2007-10-06, 01:26 PM
"The sand is falling, comrades," Dyeinon says quickly, "Time to decide."

BlueWizard
2007-10-06, 02:34 PM
It seems most of the group is wounded or unable to move. It might be best to let the druid/stag go. If some of you want to chase, that is totally cool. I'll probably run a split post while those of you who give chase. It won't be a rounds-type of chase, it may turn into hours, the stag can't sprint forever.

psychoticbarber
2007-10-06, 03:18 PM
"You, you, and you;" Dyeinon points at Noris, Kathris and Keren, "Come with me. We're going Stag hunting." Dyeinon grins and turns to the tracks.

{OOC: Taking 10 on a Survival roll gives me a 17 for Track. Unless we're tracking this thing over rock, I'm probably okay.}

Kesnit
2007-10-06, 03:35 PM
D'pat nods, knowing he would not be of use in tracking, and his combat skills seem to have deserted him.

I will stay and tend to the wounded. They will be useful later. He turned to Kithas. Of course, they could be useful dead, as well...

Lochar
2007-10-06, 04:45 PM
D'pat nods, knowing he would not be of use in tracking, and his combat skills seem to have deserted him.

I will stay and tend to the wounded. They will be useful later. He turned to Kithas. Of course, they could be useful dead, as well...

"At the moment, they're more use alive than dead. Should they not wake before long, that can change, D'pat."

Kithas pulls his armor back off, seeing as how he won't be chasing after the stag. "Give them until our intrepid trackers return before we do something with them."

Kyroswolf
2007-10-06, 07:25 PM
"George" retrieves his battleaxe and shield then takes up a watch over the injured party members. "HOOOOOWWWWLLLLL"

Translation: May the hunt be fast and fruitful

Cogwheel
2007-10-06, 08:16 PM
The thri-kreen pulls two swords out of their sheathes, tossing them into the air, watching the moonlight reflect off the curved steel blades, before catching each in his glass claws. he moves behind and apart from the halfling in silent leaps and bounds like some wild beast, letting his keen eyes guide him through the wilderness.

oloknotwise
2007-10-07, 12:01 AM
Noris Orecrusher

Noris turns to the Halfling who wants to go after the druid.

"You wilderness expertise seems to be useful. We shall give chase."

Noris starts to sniff around and tries to help the halfling find tracks.

Noris will also attempt a survival check to add a circumstance bonus to Dyeinon's check.

Survival: [roll0]

However, since the Druid ran away as a stag (animal), and if such a form would fall under the idea that it can be tracked as an animal, then can the +2 be added for the favored enemy? If yes, add an additional to to the check result.

Sniffing is just for effect. It really doesn't do anything.

stimpius
2007-10-07, 06:50 AM
"Oof, my leg hurts profusley and it feels like someone whacked me over the head with a sap, i thank you for rescuing me, and if you don't mind i'll return to my perch from which i can see and try to forewarn us of any danger."

She will head up a tree - 20 ft high hopefully so nothing can jump at her and look all around keeping alert for signs of any potential threats. If possible she will hide in an attempt to gain some concealment as well.

Climb : [roll0]
Hide : [roll1]
Spot : [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]
EDIT - well thats a waste of 2 natural 20's :P

Tar Palantir
2007-10-07, 07:20 AM
Silme moans, then staggers to his feet. He picks up and sheaths his sword, and then says, "Well that could have gone better. Anybody have a healing potion to spare?"

Lochar
2007-10-07, 09:34 AM
Kithas looks at Silme, noting how bruised and battered he is. "I collect on my debts." Reaching into his bag for a moment, Kithas pulls out a vial with a black liquid in it. He offers it to Silme.

Roll your own drink, Silme. it's a CLW potion.

Tar Palantir
2007-10-07, 11:30 AM
Silme takes the flask and nods. "And I pay mine," he says, sniffing the liquid, then drinking it down. He then fingers the hilt of his sword, lost in thought. He whispers to himself, "I pay mine."

Potions are at minimum caster level, which is 1 for CLW. Thus the +1.
[roll0]

BlueWizard
2007-10-07, 01:37 PM
After the Druid: {Dyeinon, Noris, Kathris, and George}
Dyeinon notices that the bloody Keren doesn't follow and the human is still laying prone with his neck and jugular missing.

Morning will come on Dyeinon's hunt before he senses the druid is near. A dense and old growth forest, near an ancient shrine to the Green Man, some call him Obad-Hai {religion in my home-brew world is fluid, connecting some of the faiths}. The Green-Shrine is well-hidden, and only Dyeinon will spot it. But there is a clump of trees, and there may be more things here. Dyeinon and George definitely sense trouble.

Encampment: {Brother Kithas, Vice D'pat, Arnat, Silme, and Tamis}
Morning will safely arrive with still no sign of your companions. You can all respell, and be off to a rendevous point, if you will. Tamis knows the area by map, so she has an idea of the direction... though hopefully Dyeinon will track the rest of you down by dinner-time.

OOC- For now the rest of the party will continue toward the village of Gethry.

psychoticbarber
2007-10-07, 02:05 PM
Dyeinon will motion for the others to halt and be quiet. Hiding in the brush, he finds a small rock nearby and hurls it at the small grove, hoping to elicit some sort of reaction.

[roll=Attack Roll (if necessary)]1d20+6

Apparently it didn't like these rolls. Will roll again.

psychoticbarber
2007-10-07, 02:07 PM
[roll0]
[roll1] (If necessary)

Lochar
2007-10-07, 09:15 PM
Kithas straps on his armor the next morning, and then looks to the remaining group members. "Let's strip Keren of anything useful, and then move. We don't want to attract any more predators, and when we get to Gethry, it will be much easier to find our wayward trackers." He motions to Tamis. "Point us in the right direction."

Kyroswolf
2007-10-07, 09:34 PM
"George" gathers his gear, then approaches their dead comrade. He uses his ax to take a few strips of meat from his thigh. As they begin moving he slowly eats the meat.

Lochar
2007-10-07, 09:36 PM
Kithas raises an eyebrow at George. "Thankfully monks have a tendency to eat very healthy, so there isn't any chance of you poisoning yourself with that."

Kyroswolf
2007-10-07, 09:48 PM
"George" lets out a hyena like laughter and smiles at Kithas's statement. "Huuuuumaaaaan beeest."

Cogwheel
2007-10-07, 10:32 PM
Kathris moves into the shadows of the nearby trees, such as they are, watching intently, waiting for the battle to begin - if the prey is truly to be found here.

Spot

[roll0]

hide

[roll1]

stimpius
2007-10-08, 01:01 AM
Tamis

"Very well"

With this Tamis will strap on her equipment, and with her bow unslung walk in the direction of Gethry.

Colt
2007-10-08, 06:25 AM
Arnat gets up, stretches, gathers his weapons, and heads out with the others towards Gethry

Tar Palantir
2007-10-08, 06:30 AM
Silme moves over to Keren's corpse and ,rumaging through his pockets, finds nothing of much of value other than some shurikens and his payment of platinum. Silme says, "I'll carry Keren's platinum until we can split it among the entire group. If anyone wants these shurikens, they can take them."

oloknotwise
2007-10-08, 12:46 PM
Noris Orecrusher

Noris puts his scale mail back on after carrying it while he was giving chase after the druid.

"I hope we find that druid soon, so then I can have my ax slice right through him!"

He gives a grunt of satisfaction for just the thought of the druid collapsing under his strength.

Noris turns to the rest of the hunting party and waits for the signal to move on.

Kesnit
2007-10-08, 01:07 PM
D'pat Darkblade

I feel the same, D'pat said with a sigh. I owe him for humiliating me.

BlueWizard
2007-10-08, 02:59 PM
{OOC- Edit: Noticed Noris change! Change coming!}

The Druid's Grove: {Dyeinon, Kathris, Noris, and George}
Dyeinon and Kathris take the lead going into the dark wood, George guarding the rear. It is quiet, too quiet, as if the woods are watching you....

The Journey to Gethry:
{Brother Kithas, Vice D'pat, Arnat, Silme, and Tamis}
The landscape turns to hills and forests, with a few small valley streams that must be stepped over or waded in the morning. In all it is a very beautiful sunny day, if you can enjoy that sort of thing. With the deer and other wild game out in view at times. They do flee as your noisy humanoid group approaches.

You will all be on watch since you are low party members, and golden wolves have already attacked you.

You are all waiting when something grunting and growling comes charging at you all from the underbrush! It is the largest boar any of you have seen, and is bigger in girth than Arnat and Tamis! It is about 40 feet away when all of you see it charging out of the brush!

{OOC- Remember, some of you may be injured still. I did not see that Kithas healed any of you up for the day! I'll consider retro's, but then Kithas would be low on spells now! :smallcool: }

Initiatives:
Tamis 19+5
Silme 17+3
Arnat 14+4
Kithas 16+0{PLESE UPDATE PC sheet, you are now second level... note: OOC post}
Human-sized Boar!
D'pat 4+1

OOC- Be ready druid forest people, I'm about to hit you with something too! :smallbiggrin:

Kyroswolf
2007-10-08, 03:18 PM
"George" has his axe and shield at the ready. He looks over his shoulder every few seconds to make sure they aren't followed.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lochar
2007-10-08, 03:45 PM
((OOC: 1: I had no more heal spells the day before. 2: I don't have easy access to everyone's sheets to know what HP they're at anyways. Someone want to link them for me? Also, they each regained 2 HP for resting. 3: I thought 'George' was with the non-tracking party? Eh, oh well. 4: Updated character sheet now.))

Kithas primes himself for the attack, holding off until if the creature attacks him, to attack back.

If charged. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3314016&postcount=137)
God, my rolls suck

Tar Palantir
2007-10-08, 04:32 PM
Silme smiles in grim determination. he takes a step to the side of the boar's apparent path, preparing to strike it as it passes.

5 foot step to the side of the boar's charge, preferably in the direction with the fewest party members. Ready action to attack it with my sword if it comes in range. Also, would I still get an AoO if it runs past me? I'll roll for it, but if I don't, ignore it.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

stimpius
2007-10-08, 04:51 PM
Tamis

If theres a tree within move turn distance, i'm going up it, so hopefully the boar wants someone on the ground, and ill shoot it, if its too far away to allow me to get a standard action i'll back off as far as i can and then let rip with an arrow.

Climb if needed [roll0]
Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Colt
2007-10-09, 07:21 PM
Arnat casts Summon Instrument.

Kesnit
2007-10-09, 07:27 PM
D'pat readies his weapon and will attack if the boar comes close to him. Otherwise, he will approach the boar and attempt to flank the monster. If the movement still allows me to attack, he'll attack.

Let's see if the dice like me yet...

BlueWizard
2007-10-11, 02:02 AM
The Druid's Grove:{Dyeinon, Kathris, Noris, and George}
Dyeinon leads the four pursuers into the dark green grove. The trees are close together... too close together...

Suddenly grass, and vines leap up and grab you all. Dyeinon seemed to see the vines coming, and he is merely slowed within the ENTANGLED area. Kathris, "George", and Noris are tightly wrapped.
{OOC- Kathris could probably leap up into the branches above the Entangled area... if he can break out. :smallwink: }

Reflex Saves:
Success
Dyeinon 13+7

Failed: ENTANGLED
Kathris 3+6
Noris 5+4
George 3+3

Somewhere ahead, maybe 60 feet, Dyeinon can sense the human... and another forest creature. Most had been slain, but Dyeinon knew about the legends of Dryads... up til now he probably avoided any rumored Dryad Groves, but now he had back-up. And he knows that they were somehow closely linked to ancient trees. Probably the oldest tree in the Grove. {OOC- Noris has heard of Dryads, and links them close to fairies... many people don't believe in fairies, in this human dominated fantasy world. :smallfrown: }

Initiatives:
Kathris 16+5
"George" 12+3
Noris 10+2
Dyeinon 5+3

On-Route to Gethry: {Brother Kithas, Vice D'pat, Arnat, Silme, and Tamis}
Tamis moves like a ninja, and gets up the tree firing off a quick shot. The hide of this man-sized boar is tough and the arrow bounces off!

Silme holds... his sword ready...

Arnat casts a spell and summons an instrument... {OCC- What kind? I didn't notice that you didn't have one... Didn't want to be the typical bard with a lute on his back, eh?:smallsmile: }

Kithas will have to step toward Silme....

Since Silme is presenting himself as a target... {it seems} the Boar charges Silme. {OOC- Its not an AoO... I rerolled... :smallwink: 13+5 hit d:12} Silme crashes down on the boar's back. The sword does split the monster's hide, but before Silme's eyes the boar's flesh heals and pulls itself back together. There is only a minor scratch left compared to the gash left by Silme. {OOC- basically DR}

Kithas moves in{OOC- I rerolled him too... since I moved you in to attack... 5+2 same result... this can be retro'd}, his attack misses.

D'pat {OOC- Last DM reroll... :smallwink: still missed with Flanking bonus even... 17 wasn't good enough.:smallfrown: } moves in to the boar's rear and thunks its backside, but causes it no harm.

End Round 1----------------------------------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Tamis 19+5
Arnat 14+4
Silme
Kithas 16+0
Human-sized Boar!
D'pat 4+1

Colt
2007-10-11, 05:56 AM
(OOC: Arnat plays a String Bass, works well as a shield too...)

Arnat takes his bass, takes a five foot step away from the boar, and begins to play an energetic melody.

(OOC: Inspire Courage)

Lochar
2007-10-11, 07:50 AM
(OOC: Don't need to retro, that's alright. BTW, this is a wereboar, isn't it? :smalltongue:)

Taking a five foot step away from the boar and behind Silme. "Keep fighting it." he says as he places his hand on Silme.

CLW. [roll0]

stimpius
2007-10-11, 08:30 AM
Tamis

Seeing the arrow do nothing she will drop to the floor, and attempt to double move move silent behind the boar - so she can sneak attack the beast next round.

Tumble dropping to the floor [roll0]
Move Silent [roll1]
Hide if needed [roll2]

Kyroswolf
2007-10-11, 08:41 AM
"George" struggles to break free of the roots.

Strength check to break free
[roll0]

Cogwheel
2007-10-11, 08:42 AM
((right, he had the child of shadow stance beforehand, so...))

Tensing, Kathris forces his way out of the vines, the excitement of the hunt singing through his veins, glass claws and steel daggers flashing in the morning sunlight. he focuses his eyes on a nearby treetop, and attempts to leap. Once there, he will leap once more toward the trees ahead. If he can make it to the druid, he attempts an attack.

Sorry for the bizzaro description, but I don't know if any of the jump checks will succeed, if he can see the druid, if he can get there etc.

Using Sudden Leap to get up to the tree (swift action), another, regular jump to get back down and hustle/run/whathaveyou toward the druid if I can see him, and Wolf Fang Strike (replace TWF with MWF, so four weapons) if I get there.

Rolls are here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3329389#post3329389)

Doh! Strength check, right, sorry... look for the post after the linked one for it.

oloknotwise
2007-10-11, 10:01 AM
Noris Orecrusher

Noris gives a small roar of displeasure as his feet were entangled by the vines. With his ax in hand, he tries to break free.

Strength Check to break free:
[roll0]

Don't forget that dwarves get a racial +2 to saves against spells, but that won't make a difference for the first reflex save to get out of the spell.

psychoticbarber
2007-10-11, 10:03 AM
With his reduced speed, Dyeinon decides to scramble up into a tree (I'm assuming they're very close together) to avoid the vines.

{Roll (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3329743&postcount=140)}

If he has any movement left he plans to use his climbing skill to move from tree to tree in the direction of the druid.

Edit: If he has to jump, I can do that too :smalltongue:.

Tar Palantir
2007-10-12, 07:04 PM
Silme, dismayed by the pitiful effect his attack had on the boar, drops his shield and swings with all his might at the foul creature.

Silme drops his shield, reducing his AC to 17, then attacks with his sword in two hands.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

BlueWizard
2007-10-12, 08:06 PM
OOC- Doh, I forgot the Boar's charge!
The boar tucks it's tusks as it collides with Silme, and lifts up the man's chest armor, goring him with a slash on his belly! {d:10} Silme is bleeding badly!

Boar Battle:
Tamis slips out of her tree, and disappears from all of your views... mostly because you are fighting the mean boar. She is moving in for a nasty strike!

Arnat begins to sing an inspiring song with his magically-appearing standing bass, he is backed away from the battle, but the boar's intelligent looking eyes peer at the bard in annoyance. {Bard Music+1}

Silme stands his ground and even with the bard's music inspiring him, his attack fails!

Kithas steps behind Silme, and heals him with a mere touch. {+9} At this the boar snarls loudly... it begins to change shape! As it steps five feet from Silme!

Before all of your eyes this beast begins to change shape! It becomes more humanoid, until it is standing on two legs. It still looks like a boar with tusks and all, but there is certain human qualities, especially in its eyes. It is looking right at Kithas!

None of you have encountered this, but all of you as children would heard of the curse of Lycanthropy, but usually it was associated with rats and wolves... never boars! Something about silver....

D'pat crashes down onto the monster with his blade as the boar changes form. {16+6 d:11} His strong blow barely scratches the creature after it the wound closes again!

End Round 2------------------------------------------>

Initiatives:
Tamis 19+5
Arnat 14+4 {Bard's +1}
Silme hp:19/20
Kithas 16+0
Human-sized Boar!
D'pat 4+1

Druid's Grove:
Kathris {OOC- Since I still know little of the class, the description means nothing to me, but I'll assume by shadow it means that the vines can't get him, what else does it do?} He leaps into the trees, and can also sense where the shadows of a human in the woods are...

George strains at his bonds and fails to break them!

Noris breaks free and can now slowly make his way towards the hidden creatures. {Oloknot: Thanks for the reminder...}

Dyeinon deftly climbs a tree and can also get a better view of the man hiding in the shadows. He can tell it is indeed the druid, he is now in his human form.

Kathris feels as if the trees are trying to charm him, but he shakes off the effect, especially since it was the trees that attacked him! {Will save 11+6+5 for attacking first!}

As Noris tries to make his way out of the Entangled area, he feels a chill wash over his armor. Dyeinon and Kathris will have heard the hiding man casting a spell. Noris can feel his armor getting colder by the second! {No ill effects yet!}
Will save failed:
Noris 8+1+2

End Round 1---------------------------->
{Dyeinon and Kathris are closing on the druid!}

Initiatives:
Kathris 16+5
"George" 12+3 ENTANGLED
Noris 10+2- chilled armor
Dyeinon 5+3
Forest and Druid

Tar Palantir
2007-10-12, 08:56 PM
Silme, recognizing the foul creature now, grabs his shield from the ground and shouts to the others, "Silver should pierce its hide. Such creatures are dangerous, but not invincible. If anyone has such weapons, now would be the time." He then settles himself into a defensive stance, wary of the creature.

Pick up shield and total defense. AC 22.

Kesnit
2007-10-12, 09:33 PM
D'pat snarls, but thinks quickly. I don't have silver. But I do have something more powerful - the strength of my god.

He reaches out and grabs the monster. Feel the wrath of Disparter!

Deadly Touch - touch attach. Negative energy
Damage: 4

Cogwheel
2007-10-12, 09:36 PM
It's a stance, meaning it's constantly active. I can have up to one stance up at a time for now, and can activate/deactivate/switch between them as a swift action. This particular stance (Child of Shadow) gives me concealment for the rest of the round whenever I move 10 feet or more.

The thri-kreen raises his arms, grips the branch with his clawed feat, and makes a leap off the tree, flying through the air and toward the druid as fast as his legs would allow. Shadows boil up from the ground beneath him, enveloping him in a fluttering field of shadows, obscuring him from the world. Suddenly, as he nears the human, the prey, his quarry, two blade split the shadows asunder, singing down through the air and toward the druid.

Jumping down and running (x4) toward the druid. Using Wolf Fang Strike (the shadows are automatic) to attack with two weapons. Unfortunately, I take an additional -2 penalty for using it...

Charging, giving him +2 to attack, and -2 to AC until the end of his turn.

Jump check

[roll0]

Attack rolls

[roll1]
[roll2]

Crit confirmations, if needed.

[roll3]
[roll4]

Damage rolls

[roll5]
[roll6]

BlueWizard
2007-10-12, 09:48 PM
Thri-Kreen Retro only:
Kathris was ACTUALLY entangled, he is concealed, but still in the area of effect. He is however, very strong, and does manage to leap up with great effort. He leapt up, and is in the trees out of the area of effect, but has NOT moved forward. :smallcool:

OOC- If enough post, I'll put up the next round tonight... if not, tomorrow morning!:smallsmile:

Cogwheel
2007-10-12, 10:18 PM
Understood. That was last round that he jumped, so he still gets to jump down/charge/attack this round, right?

oloknotwise
2007-10-13, 12:53 AM
Noris Orecrusher

Noris feels a chill through his spine as his armor begins to get cold. The faster I kill it, the warmer I get.

Noris lets out a large roar as he puts his ax away and attacks with a javelin.

Noris will try to get as close to the enemy as he can (about 15 feet) and throw a javelin. If the enemy is still not within range, Noris will take a -2 penalty on his attack for a range over 30 ft and an additional -2 for every 30 feet after that.
Attacking (Javelin):
Crit: [roll1]

stimpius
2007-10-13, 02:53 AM
Tamis

Stats Block

HP 7
AC - 17 T - 15 FF - 12

Tamis will move into position behind the boar and attempt to plunge her silver dagger into its back, if she has any move left and can back off without provoking an AoE she will :)

Attack [roll0] + any flanking or "invisible" Bonus and this is to hit its AC without any dex bonus
Damage [roll1]
Extra Damage [roll2]

stimpius
2007-10-13, 02:55 AM
Rolls because you can't roll into an edited post :smallredface:

[roll0] + any flanking or "invisible" bonuses
[roll1]
[roll2]

Kyroswolf
2007-10-13, 09:33 AM
Furious that he can't break free "George" chops at the vines and roots with his ax and continues to attempt to escape.

Lochar
2007-10-13, 10:22 AM
Kithas takes another 5' step, attempting to keep Silme between him and the were creature. He heals Silme again ((if he needs it, not sure if he does or not)).

CLW [roll0] Gonna roll a one or a two this time

BlueWizard
2007-10-13, 03:04 PM
Druid's Grove:
Kathris moves forward swiftly, and with amazing ease among the tree branches, he is poised about 20 feet away and about 10 feet up from the druid now, and can see the hiding man a little better. The druid does take notice of the deadly insectoid above him. {OOC- Most of the entiire area is entangled, so Kathris should stay up in the denseky packed trees for now. He is now out of the Entangled Area, but will have to jump down and move on the druid next round.}

George spends a round of hacking the vines and branches wrapping him up, he manages to free himself, but is still slowed while in the area of Entanglement.

Noris has to pause in the entanglement to make a throw this round. Even with such far distance{-4} the javelin toss is accurate, and slices hard into the druid's side. Kathris watches as the druid's robe is sliced open even hiding behind the bush. {d:10} Noris threw the javelin right through the light cover and such a distance! The javelin left a nasty slash, and might've killed the druid had it hit him in the heart.

Dyeinon sets up in the tree and tries to make a difficult bow shot, but misses, and loses the arrow somewhere nearby the druid. {DM action}

The druid retreats back looking a little frightened at the Thri-kreen coming for him from above. He reaches into a pocket and pulls out a potion and drinks it quickly, it heals SOME of Noris' damage.

Noris meanwhile begins to feel his armor icing up, it is beginning to hurt. {d:2}

Kathris feels the forest talking to him and has to attempt to shake off a suggestion this time. "Please stop."{13+6-1 reasonable +1 bard} Kathris shakes off that, and can keep going.

A tiny green arrow comes out of a hidden location in the trees, and bounces off Kathris' tough chitin.

End Round 2------------------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Kathris 16+5
"George" 12+3 slowed
Noris 10+2- chilled armor hp 18
Dyeinon 5+3
Druid and Forest Friends

Road to Gethry:
Tamis finds she might not have the strength to plunge into the monster's tough hide.

Arnat moves to an even safer position away from melee, but continues to inspire all of you to greatness! {DM action}

Silme settles in for total defense. The fighter notices that the monster is eyeing Kithas.

Kithas can hold his healing for now, for Silme is mostly healed up... he does move to a safe postion... {holding to heal}

The were-boar makes a move around Silme to attack , this allows the trained fighter to get an attack of opportunity. Unfortunately, Silme's normal blade does NOT do enough damage to over come the resistance. {d:8} The boar closes in on the priest, and manages to slash the divine caster with his mighty claw! {d:13}

Kithas can step back five feet and heal himself! {+3}

D'pat moves alongside Kithas, {in hopes to draw attention?}, as well as to cause the creature unholy wounds. The were-board snarls, as he feels divine energy flow from D'pat, and leave a black mark on the boar's flesh. D'pat killed a portion of the monster's skin. {d:4}

End Round 3------------------------------------------>

Initiatives:
Tamis 19+5
Arnat 14+4 {Bard's +1}
Kithas 16+0 hp 7/17
Were-Boar!
D'pat 4+1

stimpius
2007-10-13, 03:50 PM
Tamis

"Silme drop your sword and catch this, its made of silver and will affect this creature, i can't find the strength to plunge through to its hide."

With this she will throw the dagger trying to get it hilt first to Silme, hopefully not stabbing him with it, then with her move action scuttle off up a tree.

Roll - to pass it to him i assumed a ranged one :)
[roll0]
Then up the tree to hide
Climb [roll1]
and Hide [roll2]

Tar Palantir
2007-10-13, 04:29 PM
Silme drops his sword and catches the dagger, then says, "Get away, Kithas. I can take the beast. Just don't die on us, we need the healing." He then darts forward, stabbing fiercely with the baneful blade.

Attack with the dagger.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lochar
2007-10-13, 07:14 PM
Kithas backs up twenty feet from the were, hand diving into his pack as he grabs a potion out of it and gulps it down.

"It's almost like someone doesn't want us in Gethry, you think? Stupid beast." This second part is directed towards the were.

CLW potion. 1 left! [roll0]

Kyroswolf
2007-10-13, 08:26 PM
Finally free of the vines "George" begins moving toward the druid, letting loose an unending string of Gnoll curses as he goes.

Cogwheel
2007-10-13, 09:08 PM
Kathris dances across the treetops in a flurry of arms, legs and claws, moving until he comes close to the druid, past the vine-covered area, and leaps toward the druid, two swords piercing the shadows that envelop him, rushing toward his quarry as if they possessed a will of their own.

Doin' what I planned to do last round, but staying on the trees for as long as possible. Charging, so -2 to AC.

Attack rolls

[roll0]
[roll1]

Crit confirmation

[roll2]
[roll3]

Damage rolls

[roll4]
[roll5]

Accidentally made it +5 on damage, not +4, so it's 5 damage on each attack.

Colt
2007-10-13, 09:20 PM
Arnat continues to back away from the were-boar, while still playing.

BlueWizard
2007-10-13, 11:45 PM
Were-Boar:
Tamis makes a perfect toss to Silme, and he catches her silver dagger. The were-boar at the moment is paying no heed to this exchange and seems intent on killing Kithas.

Arnat gets back with safe surroundings and continues to inspire you with his bass' rhythm.

Silme doesn't look used to the small weapon and flails hopelessly in his first attack with it, the monster is still after Kithas.

Kithas moves away and downs his potion. making him feel a little better. {+7}

The were-boar seems to not fear D'pat or Silme's attack, and rushes after Kithas with a charge. {AoO's for both!} D'pat clips it to no effect!{d:5} Silme strikes true with his next strike! The silver dagger finds a home on the monster's back, and slices the boar's skin like butter, causing it to squeal a high pitched wail! It continues to charge Kithas, but it's intelligent evil eyes do take note of Silme and the bloody silver dagger in his hands. {d:5, but it all counted on this AoO!}

The were-boar reaches out with its already bloody claw, and tries to rake Kithas, but the priest's banded mail saves him from any damage. Kithas can hear the horrible screech of the claws as they scratch down the metal bands!

D'pat continues to try and distract the were-boar trying his best to swing hard and charges the boar. His attack does nothing to damage the boar. {d:6}

End Round 4------------------------------------>

Initiatives:
Tamis 19+5
Arnat 14+4 {Bard's +1}
Kithas 16+0 hp 14/17
Were-Boar!
D'pat 4+1

The Druid's Fairy Forest:
Kathris descends like a man-predator from the tree and closes the gap on the druid! He slams hard into the druid to no effect, and can see the quick druid wears leather armor beneath his robes.

George makes a full move and is able to get out of the Entangled area, but is still some distance away from the druid and Kathris.

Noris will move in and close the distance on the druid, he will be about 20 feet away from Kathris and the druid when he finishes his action, and far from the Entangled area.

Dyeinon fires two rapid shots, and actually hits the druid, grazing him with one shot! {d:2}

The druid steps away from Kathris and transforms into the large strong golden stag. Instead of fleeing, he faces up to battle Kathris face to face. The stag snorts defiantly! Noris' armor chills some more, it is now freeze-burning him! {d:7} The stag is now 30 feet from Kathris.

A little green arrow flies out of the woods, and strikes Dyeinon in the neck. It hurts a little, and makes him drowsy, but the halfling shakes off the sleep effect. Dyeinon knows the direction of the attack, but can't see the little archer. {d:4}

Noris now feels the forest talking to him in his head, and trying to charm him, but he resists the effect. "Stop young dwarf. We are friends here." {OOC- He also had a lot of bonuses, since he is taking a lot of damage.}

End Round 3---------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Kathris 16+5
"George" 12+3 slowed
Noris 10+2- chilled armor hp 11
Dyeinon 5+3
Stag and Forest Friends

Cogwheel
2007-10-14, 03:44 AM
Voices raged in Kathris's mind as the druid retreated, the maddened spirits of the earth, whispering, chanting...

We hunger/We must hunt/The prey/The hunt/We hunger/Kill the prey...

Silence!

At this, the voices seemed to shrink away from his silent inner fury, allowing him to focus his mind on the stag. Letting the shadows wrap around him once more, he charges toward the stag, bounding toward it on clawed feet, and slashing down with one sword.

Lessee... since I'm fighting with just one weapon, I get a nicer attack bonus this time...

Attack roll

[roll0]

Crit roll

[roll1]

Damage roll

[roll2]

stimpius
2007-10-14, 04:12 AM
Tamis

She will spend this whole round, finding a suitable tree to put her within 30ft of the horrible creature next turn and hide, attempting to fade from view of everyone.

Climb [roll0]
Hide [roll1]

Kesnit
2007-10-14, 05:50 AM
D'pat finds himself getting more and more annoyed as the fight goes on. You need to feel the "love" of the Dark Lord, he says. Opening his arms, he attempts to grab and hold the wereboar, making it easier for Silme to stab it.

Is it just me, or did the last round take place in about 5 hours? Anyway...

Grapple Check

Tar Palantir
2007-10-14, 07:52 AM
Silme snarls viciously, stabbing into the inhuman beast. He shouts at Tamis, "You couldn't have had something bigger than this pig sticker, no pun intended?"

Attack with the dagger.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lochar
2007-10-14, 08:13 AM
Kithas retreats again, moving to keep Silme between him and the were.

oloknotwise
2007-10-14, 11:21 AM
Noris Orerusher

The voices in Noris' head seem to lack the effect that they were probably intended to have, as Noris was able to shake off the effect. However, his armor only seems to get colder.

With a load roar, Noris flies into a rage and charges at the Druid. With the fury of his anger, Noris tries to close the gap between him and the Druid and possibly attack.

Noris is charging (up to 60 ft.), while raging, at the Druid.
Attack (power attacking: -2 attack, +4 damage): [roll]1d20+8[roll] (See OOC board for this attack)
Crit Confirm: [roll0]
Crit Damage: [roll2]

Stats:
AC: 12
HP: 15/30
Will bonus: +2

Kyroswolf
2007-10-14, 10:12 PM
Finally clear of the roots, "George" breaks into a sprint to assist the Thri-Kreen with the stag.

OOC: Double move to close on the battle.

BlueWizard
2007-10-14, 11:26 PM
The Druid's Grove:
Kathris closes on the waiting Stag, that ducks behind its giant antlers. He swings, and his sword is deflected by the stag's antlers.

George hears and sees the action through the brush and moves as fast as he can to close in on the battle scene. He can be about 10 feet away from the battle of the Thri-Kreen and the Stag.

Noris charges up to Kathris' side, and tries to clip some stag meat with his axe, but is unable to get through the Stag's antered defense!

Dyeinon fires in two more shots, but misses, and loses the arrows somewhere in the woods.

The Stag ducks its head and tries to head-butt Kathris with his antlers. The Thri-Kreen fends the antlers off, and then the stag rears back to try and batter the insectoid with its hooves. One of the hooves clips Kathris in the jaw causing the Thri-Kreen some annoyance! {d:6}

Noris feels the pain of the cold through his rage! {d:8}

Another green arrow flies out of the brush near Dyeinon and strikes the halfling in the backside. {save fail 2+4} Dyeinon experiences a little pain {d:4}, and feels the effects of the sleep arrow this time! As Dyeinon falls asleep he can feel the tree limbs and vines climb up the trees and wrap him up quick tightly in a bundle. VERY ENTANGLED and ASLEEP.

End Round 4--------------------------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Kathris 16+5 d:6
"George" 12+3 {nearby Stag}
Noris 10+2- chilled armor hp 7/30
Dyeinon 5+3 d:8 SLEEPING
Stag and Forest Friends

Road to Gethry and the Were-Boar:
Tamis finds a safe tree, with a good angle on the snarling lycanthrope, and sets up for a good arrow shot.

Arnat spreads out the group, but stays close enough so his bass music can still inspire all of you.

Silme attacks the were-boar ineffectively, and fails to get its attention, although it does glance briefly at the silver dagger.

Kithas gets defensive and moves away safely...

The were-boar goes after Kithas, allowing Silme and D'pat to attack it freely!
D'pat misses, but Silme scratches it with silver again! {d:5} The were-boar snarls in annoyance, and speaks for the first time. "I will feast upon you tonight, human warrior!" It goes after Kithas, knowing full well what divine powers he holds! Because of the priest's defensive retreat, the lycanthrope can only get one claw on him, but merely scratches Kithas' armor harmlessly again!

D'pat swings hard again, and manages to cause the were-boar some pain... {d:11... or 1 after DR}

End Round 5------------------------->

Initiatives:
Tamis 19+5
Arnat 14+4 {Bard's +1}
Kithas hp 14/17
Were-Boar!
D'pat 4+1

stimpius
2007-10-15, 01:15 AM
Tamis

Sneak attack with an arrow :D lets see if i can finally hit through this stupid things DR.

[roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Sneak Attack [roll2]

oloknotwise
2007-10-15, 01:26 AM
Noris Orecrusher

With little stamina left, Noris continues to hack and slash at the Stag. "I will make sure you die even if it kills me!"

Attack the Druid while still raging.
Attack (no power attack this time): [roll0]
Crit Attack (if necessary): [roll1]

Stats:
HP: 7/30
AC: 14
Will bonus: +2
Hopefully the druid can die soon, and hopefully Noris doesn't die in the end.

Cogwheel
2007-10-15, 03:23 AM
Kill the prey/The hunt comes to an end/The stag must die/We hunger/We must feast/the hunger/the feast/Bring us the prey...

Very well. Today, you shall feast on the blood of this stag.

The weak morning sun shines upon his thin frame, which suddenly seems to be composed entirely of glass, shattering into a thousand slivers of shadowy light all around him. his eyes ablaze with red fire, he watches silently as the light blends with the shadows that surround him, coiling around the curved, thirsting blades in the form of tongues of black-red fire. he raises the swords slowly, letting the shadows curl around himself, the dwarf, and his prey.

Suddenly, in a rush of action, he kicks down with one foot, spinning around, away from the stag, then facing it once more, swords held high, wreathed in shadowy flames. On his face, it is just about possible to see the hints of a cruel, almost feral smile as he closes in for the kill.

"And so the hunt ends..."

Using the Burning Blade maneuver before I full-attack, which adds 1d6+initiator level (currently 2, 'cause it's swordsage levels+1/2 of hd/levels in everything else) fire damage to all my attacks until the end of my turn. Burning Blade is a swift action, FYI.

Attack rolls

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Crit confirmation rolls (if necessary)

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Damage rolls

[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Burning Blade fire damage

[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

Tar Palantir
2007-10-15, 06:39 AM
Silme laughs at the beast's threat, slashing again with the knife. He says, "Seeing as how that threat requires you survive the next few minutes, I'm feeling fairly confident."

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lochar
2007-10-15, 07:32 AM
Going off of the fact that this is probably a very chaotic creature, Kithas again steps around Silme to keep the were between the two. "You're fairly pitiful for a were, you know? You've managed all of maybe one strike against me. Should I take my armor off and lie down, so you might be able to scratch me?"

Kithas casts Protection from Chaos on himself.

+2 Deflection AC against chaotic creatures.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-15, 08:59 AM
"George" lets loose with his hyena like laughter as he finally closes on the stag, and hacks away at it with his ax.

Charge if possible, otherwise just close with the stag and attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

BlueWizard
2007-10-15, 08:26 PM
Were-Boar:
D'pat retro: D'pat actually tried to wrestle the mean boar, and failed that. This boar is quite strong!

Round 6:
Tamis plunks the boar from her high hidden spot, but the arrow merely slips out of the flesh after causing no damage.

Arnat moves and is hidden, but is still playing his inspirational music.

Silme gets the were-boar's attention, as he runs the silver blade down its hairy back. It squeals in pain and its eyes burn in furious anger.

Kithas moves again away from the boar defensively and casts his protective spell upon himself.

The were-boar roars and turns on Silme, and claws him badly on the arm! {d:7} The other attacks fail to penetrate his armor.

D'pat comes in to try and tackle it, but once again can't get a good enough grip on the strong creature.

End Round 6------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Tamis 19+5
Arnat 14+4 {Bard's +1}
Silme hp:12/20
Kithas hp 14/17
Were-Boar!
D'pat 4+1

Druid's Grove:
The thri-kreen's blades sing with fire, and whip through the golden stag's flesh. Kathris leaves two nasty wounds, and the charred flesh staggers the animal-man a little. The stag snorts and fights on! {d:26}

George moves into attack, but the gnoll swings poorly, and was probably trying not to hit his deadly friend the thri-kreen whirling his blades nearby.

Noris finds the stag's hide quite tough with spells as his axe bounces.

Dyeinon sleeps snugly in the vines dreaming of yester-years when hobbits and fey ruled the forests.

The stag lowers his head into Kathris and tears Kathris open with its anters {d:12} and then stomps on him with a hoof. {d:8} Kathris drops with his innards oozing!

Noris is frozen, and also drops to the ground, barely conscious. {d:7} The dwarf is turning VERY blue.

Things look bad for George as the gnoll is the only one left standing! The stag looks really bad though!

End Round 5------------------------------------>

Initiatives:
Kathris 16+5 -8 and dropping!
"George" 12+3 {nearby Stag}
Noris 10+2- chilled armor hp 0/30
Stag and Forest Friends

Lochar
2007-10-15, 08:33 PM
Kithas

"My lord demands you fight longer, Silme. Do not disobey to edicts of the highest devil." Kithas touches Silme again, healing him.

He then looks at the were. "I can continue this all day long. Can you?"

CLW: [roll0]

Tar Palantir
2007-10-15, 08:40 PM
Silme mutters a quick thanks for the healing, then says, "I'll fight until on of us is dead. This beast shall not slay me now!" He then stabs at the beast's chest with the silver blade.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

BlueWizard
2007-10-15, 08:49 PM
OOC- A brief interruption to do some time-traveling!

Kathris was actually missed with the hoof! The antlers were dead on, but the 2% rolled didn't hack it for the hoof attack. So when Kathris dropped to zero he didn't 'drop-out'. When the stag tried to finish him, he actually missed. Kathris is down at ZERO! {OOC- But, still up for one last action, and the druid thinks he is dead or dying...:smallwink: }

oloknotwise
2007-10-15, 09:11 PM
Noris Orcrusher

With his last bit of strength, Noris brings his ax down on the stag, then collapses on the ground.

Noris makes one last attack, then collapses. His rage ends after the attack, which makes him have -4 Hp. He will try to stabilize.

Crit: [roll1]

Stabilize (91-100 stabilizes): [roll4]
*For next round, since I may not be able to post tomorrow

Stats:
HP: -4/26
AC: 16

Kyroswolf
2007-10-15, 09:45 PM
Retro Edit:

Despite "George's" growing fury, he is able to keep control of himself. He dives at Noris. Feeling the chill coming from his body, Gorganiean begins ripping the armor off his body.

Cogwheel
2007-10-15, 10:10 PM
Blood clouds his vision as the antlers strike him in the chest, yet he rises once more, hatred burning in his eyes as he stares the stag in the face. Slowly, he lifts the bloodied blades, the handles scraping against his gnarled glass claws. his face now seems less calm than before, less cold, yet somehow feral. Bringing his blades to bear, his gaze bores into the druid's eyes, showing the raging madness beyond them. he ceases to cough blood for a moment, speaking to the druid.

"So... this is my end, as I always imagined it to be - surrounded by enemies on all sides, some hidden, others obvious to my eyes. Whether this is to be the end of my days or not, I know one thing - When I fall to the depths of the abyss, I shall look across the plane and see you burn."

With that, the four blades whirl around him in an intricate pattern, dancing around the druid for a moment or two, then all rushing down toward him, closing in for the kill.

Using Wolf Fang Strike (standard action, my last maneuver for this encounter!) to attack with all my weapons, albeit at a -2 penalty. After that, I take one point of damage, and will roll on the OOC thread for stabilization.

Attack Rolls

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Crit confirmation

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Damage

[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Wish me luck!

stimpius
2007-10-17, 08:47 AM
Tamis

Will lose another arrow in hope of finding a weak point in the boars hide.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Sneak damage if it applies : [roll2]

stimpius
2007-10-17, 08:50 AM
Tamis

The arrow may have found a weak point in the boars hide.

[roll0]
[roll1] x3
On the to hit, hopefully i am still unseen against the boar, if i am maybe i hit anyway, +2 if it can't see me.
Will hide again after firing the arrow, hopefully so the boar can't see me.
[roll2]

BlueWizard
2007-10-17, 04:34 PM
Druid Grove:
Kathris makes one last dramatic action and cuts the golden stag to pieces. Kathris then collapses unconscious, but stabilized to the ground. The stag changes to the druid's human form.

George begins to rip off Noris' armor, it is cold, and he freezes his hands! {d:1}

Noris insures the stags death and cuts the druid's head off. He then passes out. The freezing effects continue before the coolness finally begins to fade, but Noris is about to die! {d:4}

Dyeinon is sleeping quite soundly, and feels as if he is naked or something....

A little green arrow whizzes by George's ear, and disappears into the brush. It came from somewhere behind him.

End Round 6------------------------->

Initiatives:
Kathris 16+5 hp:-1 STABLE
"George" 12+3 d:1
Noris 10+2 hp -8/30 Dying
Stag and Forest Friends

Were-Boar:
Tamis' arrow embeds itself deep into the boar's skin, but still seems to do nothing, and eventually falls out as the were-boar continues to move about in the battle. Tamis believes she is well hidden from the boar still.

Arnat continues his music....

Silme can't penetrate the tough hide this round, and the silver blade skips off!

When Kithas heals Silme {+7}, the were-boar growls to Kithas, "I doubt that human!"

The were-boar moves five feet and attacks Kithas fully! Its claws miss the priest scratching his armor, but the tusks sink deep into Kithas' shoulder! {d:3}

D'pat continues to fail his grapple with the tough boar in melee.

End round 7-------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Tamis 19+5
Arnat 14+4 {Bard's +1}
Kithas hp 11/17
Were-Boar!
D'pat 4+1

Lochar
2007-10-17, 04:39 PM
Kithas

Ignoring the wound, Kithas looks affonted. "Excuse me? I'm a dwarf. Are you as blind as you are stupid?"

Kithas finally swings his morningstar at the creature.

Confirm Crit: [roll1]

oloknotwise
2007-10-18, 01:14 AM
Noris Orecrusher

Noris is still unconscious.

Stabilizes 91-100:
[roll0]

BlueWizard
2007-10-19, 12:02 AM
{OOC- Please tell me if you drop, there are people not down who are not posting, not posting means DM actions. DM actions are always average and sometimes lead to death.}

Were-Boar:
Tamis plunks the monster again with an arrow, but to no effect!

Arnat still inspires, and this battle begins to turn epic, and the song evolves, and is so good it has never been heard of before. {OOC- In my mind PC bards are on the cutting edge of modern musical art... though Arnat can just as easily play old standards, but I am sure he changes it up some.:smallsmile: }

Silme slashes hard again into the were-boar, and he finally sees the monster stumble a little. {d:5} The beast is angry and seems to be gaining ferocious steam with every blow laid into it by the silver dagger.

Kithas moves to attack the beast, and fails to hurt it. The beast responds to the dwarf almost mocking him, "I can smell your evil human stench. You've been living too long aming them."

The were-boar tries to tear into Kithas, only managing to slash him with one claw! {d:8}

D'pat fails his grapple. {OOC- DM realizes NOW D'pat has no special grappling skills, but will only take this AoO attack on him.} The were-boar in hybrid form decides to take this opportunity to slash D'pat with his yellow tusks. {d:2}

End Round 8--------------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Tamis 19+5
Arnat 14+4 {Bard's +1}
Kithas hp 3/17
Were-Boar!
D'pat 4+1 {d:2}

Fairy Forest:
Gorganiean sees that the coldness is fading from Noris' armor, but he is still dying, and his breath is getting VERY short. {at -9 :smalleek: }

Suddenly, Gorganiean sees a face form in a nearby tree, "You have slain the one you came for. Leave this forest, and will let you leave with your friends. And never come back. The fairies won't be so nice next time."

End Round 7------------------------->
{Gorganiean is about 15 feet from the tree with the face.}

Initiatives:
"George" 12+3 d:1
Noris 10+2 hp -9/30 Dying
A Tree

oloknotwise
2007-10-19, 12:29 AM
Noris Orecrusher

I hope this works (91-100 stable):
[roll0]

stimpius
2007-10-19, 01:26 AM
Tamis

Arrow plunking away.

[roll0] and +2 if he can't see me, also catches him FF then.
[roll1]
[roll=SneakDamage]1D6[roll]

Lochar
2007-10-19, 07:10 AM
Kithas

Kithas backs up again, pulling out his last potion. "I had hoped I would smell of brimstone, as that is who I serve, not the humans."

Last potion FTW. [roll0]
Rolling a 2, probably.

Kithas then goes full defensive.

Kesnit
2007-10-19, 07:22 AM
D'pat realizes that he is not going to be able to grab and hold the wereboar. With a snarn, he tightens his grip on his mace and swings with all his might.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-19, 09:02 AM
"George" looks at the face and replies (Gnoll) "I'll leave when I have recovered them." Having gained some respect for the barbarian, he attempts to stabilize him.

[roll0]
Go Go Gadget Untrained Heal Check
Spot = 11 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3375422#post3375422)

After attempting to stabilize Noris, "George" will drag him and Kathris with him as he looks for Dyeinon.

Tar Palantir
2007-10-19, 09:13 AM
Silme, confident now that the boar appears to be weakening at last, stabs into him once more with the deadly blade.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

psychoticbarber
2007-10-19, 09:40 AM
Dyeinon snores loudly.

Feel free to veto it, DM, but I figure it was worth a shot. :smallbiggrin: :smallwink:

BlueWizard
2007-10-19, 02:32 PM
Druid Forest:
Kathris is doing well nearby, but George can do nothing as Noris' shivers finally stop, and a peaceful expression crosses his face. Gorganiean can tell the dwarf is now quite dead! {-10 :smallfrown: }

Gorganiean can hear Dyeinon snoring nearby among the tangles now reaching high into the trees. {OOC- No prob!:smallwink: }

The tree speaks to Gorganiean, "Please, leave us. We all have experienced losses now. Pray that you don't cause us any more."

End Round 8--------------------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Gorganiean 12+3 d:1
Noris is now DEAD
A Tree

Were-Boar:
Tamis' shot is good, but once again does nothing to the were-boar, except slightly annoy it.

Arnat continues his inspirational bass music.

Silme can't slice the were-boar's tough flesh this time.

Kithas backs away and drinks his healing potion. {+5}

The were-boar continues after Kithas...{critical claw! d:11} The were-boar is mean and slashes Kithas' neck opening it up pretty bad. As Kithas falls to the ground, the were-boar now faces up to Silme. "Now warrior, I make you lunch! And steal your silver!"

D'pat completely misses the boar, but he was probably trying not to step on the falling Kithas.

End Round 9------------------------------------------>

Initiatives:
Tamis 19+5
Arnat 14+4 {Bard's +1}
Kithas hp -3/17
Were-Boar!

Lochar
2007-10-19, 02:34 PM
Kithas attempts to stabilize.

((Question, if he was chaotic, you were counting the +2 deflection AC, right? :P))

91-100 stabilizes: [roll0]

BlueWizard
2007-10-19, 02:39 PM
OOC- The roll was critical, and then the confirmation was a high roll. It was not included, the were-boar is neutral.

Lochar
2007-10-19, 02:40 PM
Drat, oh well. Watch me bleed!

Kyroswolf
2007-10-19, 02:48 PM
Gorganiean locates the tree Dyeinon is in, climbs it and attempts to wake him from his slumber, leaving the bodies he has been dragging at the foot of the tree.

After rousing Dyeinon, he will climb back down the tree, retrieve his weapon and shield. He then notices the expression on Noris's face, but drags him and Kathris out of the grove with him.

Taking 10 on both Climb checks please.

stimpius
2007-10-19, 03:55 PM
Tamis

Lets try the whole arrow thing again, i have to get lucky at some point.

[roll0] +2 if it still can't see me vs its FF AC then.
[roll1]
[roll2]

psychoticbarber
2007-10-19, 07:24 PM
Dyeinon yawns and stretches. And then the implications of yawning and stretching dawn on him. "I'm still alive. I take it we won, then, or at least we didn't lose."

Tar Palantir
2007-10-19, 08:05 PM
Silme watches Kithas fall, grimacing slightly. He then focuses on the wereboar once more, and taunts, "If you desire the silver so badly, then I shall give it to you!" He then slashes outward at the wereboar's chest.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Kesnit
2007-10-20, 04:34 AM
By the Dark Lord, do I have to do everything myself" D'pat muttered. Racing to the cleric, he attempts to stop the bleeding.

Heal: [roll0]

BlueWizard
2007-10-20, 02:23 PM
Were-Boar:
Tamis just can't penetrate deep enough into the boar's thick hide! {DR!}

Arnat's music continues long and strong.

Silme is looking tired, and swings wildly! {OOC- Ouch! Bad rolls! Try the Blue Wizard's Rolling thread, maybe it'll be nicer. Or maybe you are due a couple of 20's.}

Kithas bleeds... {-4}

The were-boar goes after the man with the silver dagger! Its claws scratch harmlessly on his chain shirt, but he manages to puncture the fighter a little with its thick tusks! {d:2}

D'pat can bring the dwarf back up, a safe distance from the battle. {+9} {OOC- But, still close.}

The were-boar snarls and his eyes flash angrily, looking at D'pat. "You are foolish to reveal your divine power to me. I will feast upon you with much relish."

End Round 10---------------------------->

Kithas is conscious!

Initiatives:
Tamis 19+5
Arnat 14+4 {Bard's +1}
Silme hp:17/20
Kithas hp 5/17
Were-Boar!

Fairy Forest:
As Gorganiean prepares to leave, and Dyeinon comes-to the hobbit will realize he is in his underwear, and several little points of glowing fairy light float around holding his clothes and gear. The face appears in another tree, and Dyeinon recognizes what this is immediately. It is a dryad. "The fairies will return your items once you are outside the forest. If you should ever return, ranger, you will pay with it with your life!" The dryad will sink into the tree and the multiple dots of colors will attempt to lead the way holding Dyeinon's clothes and gear high above them.

{OOC- Noris and Kathris are being dragged still? That might not be good for Kathris state, he is in the negatives...}

Combat Over----------->
But if not Round 9------------------->
{By no means do you have to do what the fairies or druid say. Fairies like these light speck ones are low in power, but do have charms they can do. Dyeinon's knowledge check is good! :smallwink: }

Initiatives:
Gorganiean 12+3 d:1
Noris is now DEAD
A Tree

psychoticbarber
2007-10-20, 03:34 PM
Dyeinon frowns, but turns to leave, saying to his party, "We should leave. We killed what we came for. No need to desecrate this grove any further."

stimpius
2007-10-20, 05:58 PM
Tamis

"If this arrow fails im gonna jump onto that stupid things back and just shove an arrow through its skull." She will mumble this to herself, come into view from the tree and attempt to fire one more arrow at the creature.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Whether or not the attack hits prepare to jump out of the tree onto the creatures back next turn.

Lochar
2007-10-20, 06:47 PM
Kithas moves to near Silme, attempting to aid him in his combat.

Aid another roll for his melee attack. Better than 10, he gets a +2 on his attack roll. Which he needs, apparently. :P
[roll0]

Tar Palantir
2007-10-21, 07:59 AM
Silme grimaces from the bite of the beast's tusks, but he retaliates, slashing at the infernal creature's throat, screaming, "Just die, foul creature! I shall not fall to you, and there is only one other option."

[roll0](includes the aid another bonus)
[roll1]
[roll2]

Kyroswolf
2007-10-21, 12:11 PM
"George" takes Norris's ax and any useable items, then lifts Kathris into a fireman's carry. He then attempts to get Dyeinon's attention to take out Norris's body. Not wanting to leave it to the fickle faries. He then heads out of the grove.

Take 10 on Str check to lift Kathris. Let me know what was usable from Norris besides the ax(he said I could have it) and I'll add the items to my sheet.

BlueWizard
2007-10-21, 03:41 PM
Were-Boar Battle Rages on!:
Kithas aids Silme, trying to distract the were-boar as he can.

Tamis arrow bounces entirely this time!

Arnat plays music still...

Silme {gets +2 from strength and +1 from bard, for d:5} slashes another gash on the were-boar and it howls painfully!

The were-boar tears into Silme with a claw, but Silme feels his armor protects him from worse. {d:5}

D'pat gets a mighty blow with his mace! {critical d:14} He can tell he bruised the lycanthrope this time!

End Round 11-------------->
On to 12 since the battle is a little slow....

Kithas continues to aid Silme, seeing the results of his assist last round.

Tamis can move in, and fails to leap onto the boar's back. The were-boar tosses her aside, and scratches her leather armor.

Arnat plays on....

Silme slashes the monster with Kithas' aid again! {d:4} The monster bleeds bad, but shows no signs of slowing down!

The were-boar can only claw Silme a little, as the battle continues! {d:4}

D'pat is distracted by Tamis' failed tackle, and misses entirely!

End Round 12------------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Kithas hp 5/17
Tamis 19+5
Arnat 14+4 {Bard's +1}
Silme hp:8/20
Were-Boar!

Leaving the Dryad's Forest:
George will have no trouble carrying Kathris, but Dyeinon will have trouble with dead Noris' bulk.

Dyeinon will get his stuff about a mile from the battle site. The pin points of fey lights will drop the clothes in a disgraceful heap. Then all floating pin-lights will disappear.

Dyeinon can now begin tracking his way back to the others.

Lochar
2007-10-21, 03:44 PM
Kithas continues to aid Silme, seeing as he alone cannot damage this creature.

[roll0]

stimpius
2007-10-21, 05:31 PM
Tamis

"You're mine this time beast, i will wrestle with you allowing Silme to destroy you!"

Grapple Attempt [roll0]

Kyroswolf
2007-10-21, 07:29 PM
"George" sets Kathris down as Dyeinon puts his gear back on. He then checks the equipment he took from Norris to see if there is anything that can help Kathris.

I don't have access to Norris's sheet so dunno what I might have plundered.

Tar Palantir
2007-10-21, 08:07 PM
Silme continues to hack at the fell beast, slashing again and again at the wereboar's flesh.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

psychoticbarber
2007-10-21, 10:08 PM
I'll wait for my companions (if they're not with me) and then I'll take a 10 on my survival check, giving me a total of 17.

Kesnit
2007-10-22, 07:04 AM
D'pat keeps swinging as well, determined to destroy the monstrosity.

Crit Confirm: [roll]1d20+6

Kyroswolf
2007-10-22, 10:14 PM
"George" continues to carry Kathris with him as he follows Dyeninon as he tracks.

BlueWizard
2007-10-23, 08:43 AM
Were-Boar:
{OOC- This battle is now about attrition...}
Kithas aids Silme...

Tamis misses the beast entirely with her grab! It gores her badly as she comes in close. {d:7} She falls to the ground, disabled!

Arnat's music is awesome!

Silme is stronger than I think he knows. {OOC- I believe your damage bonus is +3 with strength and bard. Am I looking at something wrong? damage is 4} He stabs into the beast's heart and ribcage, and STILL doesn't kill it! The monster's eyes roll back into its head and its body fights on in a strange frenzied state!

The were-boar can no longer think about what it is attacking and merely tears at Silme. Only a claw scratches Silme's side! {d:5}

D'pat's mace crashes down, but only glances off after not causing enough damage! {OOC- I think it is d8, + bard, and I still only got 10 damage for you.:smallfrown: }

End Round 13---------------------------->
{Moving on!}
Round 14 now!

Kithas continues his aid of Silme's bloody hand and silver dagger.

Tamis has a gash on her where the were-boar 'tusked' her belly, slicing her leather a bit. She will hold still hoping her allies will win. She is dangerously close to battle so stays still. {Dm action.}

Arnat is playing some of the best music many of you have ever heard. {OOC- Unless you are city-folk.}

Silme cuts another swath on the flesh of the were-boar. With the silver clearly making a difference before his eyes he can see its use against the lycanthrope as its flesh parts like butter!

The were-boar fights on, even as its black lips go ashen from blood loss! It claws up Silme and knocks him down! {d:6} At -3 hp! He is on the ground unconscious, bleeding near Tamis!

{DM action} D'pat makes a dramatic move for the bloody silver dagger, kneeling on his move action to pick-up the dagger, and bravely risks the boar's wildly gnashing tusks! The boar's tusk completely miss kneeling D'pat. The brave man upthrusts the bloody dagger in his attack, and sticks the silver dagger into the monster's jaw, and up into its brain! Finally it collapses, as the rest of its blood flows from it {d:6}, and converts to a naked human man, that seems pretty burly.

End Combat------------------------->

Final stats:
Kithas hp 5/17
Tamis 19+5 {0 hp disabled}
Arnat 14+4 {Bard's +1}
Silme hp:-3/20 {will stablize at -4}
Were-Boar DEAD

Forest and Hills:
Dyeinon will notice that following him is only the gnoll, who carries the Thri-kreen. Noris has been left somewhere in the dryad's forest. He can begin to track Northwards back toward the path the party was originally on. The Stag took this group in another direction. Dyeinon guesses he can meet the rest of the party by evening if they kept in the general direction.

Lochar
2007-10-23, 08:47 AM
Kithas

Kithas makes a quick attempt to stop the bloodloss on Silme, but then takes the silver dagger and removes the head from the dead were.

"I am not going to let that thing rise again."

Heal check [roll0]

BlueWizard
2007-10-23, 08:48 AM
Kithas can stabilize Silme at -3.
Then the priestly dwarf removes the monster's head.

Kesnit
2007-10-23, 10:10 AM
D'pat kneels next to Tamis and tries to patch her up enough to get back on her feet.

Heal:[roll0]

Lochar
2007-10-23, 10:13 AM
Kithas

"D'pat, she can move on his own as long as she doesn't stress herself. I'm out of healing spells at the moment, so help me move this one." Kithas motions to Silme. "He's useful alive right now, so we need to attempt to get to the town, so we can heal up. I'd really rather not have to deal with anything else out here, like say, that were's family."

BlueWizard
2007-10-23, 10:13 AM
SHE is still down, and not feeling too good. {SHE is at 0 hp}

SHE can not move, or she will slip to the negative.

Kyroswolf
2007-10-23, 10:24 AM
"George" will continue to carry Kathris as he follows Dyeinon. Now with Norris's greataxe strapped to his backpack, as well as his shield and his own battleaxe. He doesn't speak as they travel. Shamed at having left without total victory, but mostly diappointed he did not get to feast upon the druid.

I'm assuming after being unconscious for 8 hours, Kathris will regain some HP from rest and be able to move on his own?

Lochar
2007-10-23, 10:24 AM
A character with 0 hit points, or one who has negative hit points but has become stable and conscious, is disabled. A disabled character may take a single move action or standard action each round (but not both, nor can she take full-round actions). She moves at half speed. Taking move actions doesn’t risk further injury, but performing any standard action (or any other action the DM deems strenuous, including some free actions such as casting a quickened spell) deals 1 point of damage after the completion of the act. Unless the action increased the disabled character’s hit points, she is now in negative hit points and dying.

Kithas calls upon the minor magics he has yet to use for the day, healing her just slightly.
Hey, I forgot. I've got a single casting of Cure Minor wounds. She's at 1 now. Booya! :P