PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Dragonwing abilities ie Limited Flight

RamonLeondelMar
2018-09-21, 11:16 AM
I would like to know how others run the "limited flight ability". Doesnt sound like they sprout dragonwing so I am considering something that simulates jump spell and their cape or intrinsic growths ztiffen i go something like a hang glider they can operate hands free, but cant vo over 30 feet and 10 ft down per round Would have to jump every round it is used unless leaping off a cliff to attack etc. What works for your. campaigns?

Falcon X
2018-09-21, 03:26 PM
Personally, I would treat it as a "mega jump". I like the aesthetic of a character that has power jumps.
If you feel like this concept would lack in maneuverability, add in an "air jump" like in so many platformer video games. They do a mega jump, but can effectively jump again in midair as if there was another solid surface there.

I like that better than the temporarily sprouting wings approach, though you might have players who disagree.

RamonLeondelMar
2018-09-28, 01:00 PM
I had to make a ruling prior to tomorrow s session, but would still like feedback. For now DW will magically grow real dragon wings but stunted enough at first to grant only short hops of flight like some wild birds. by time they become dragonfang they have full flight and low grade dragonbreath. Module gives an orb of powerful dragonbreath weapon at long range but one target only. that wont work for our campaign as would be able to sell the first half dozen they collect of these, buy an island and retire. Instead I give slightly improved dragon breath spell 3 per day intrinsic ability so nothing to sell. dragonfang 20 ft cone at 4d8 and dragonsoul 25 ft cone at 5d10. lightning type is double distance but 5ft width like with half dragons and I will use con save instead of dex for cold and poison as thats what their dragon type used