PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Skirmisher Boots with eldritch blast

Zellsantal
2018-09-22, 12:43 AM
I have a player who is a scout warlock build, one of the questions he asked which I can't seem to get a yes or no to it. Can he use the Skimisher Boots to make another attack with eldritch blast? Being it is a spell like ability I don't think you can but then again skimisher boots ablility lets you have an extra attack two times a day. So by raw how does this play out?

Zaq
2018-09-22, 12:46 AM
EB involves a lot of attacky elements, but it's not "an attack" for the purposes of the Skirmisher Boots. You've taken an action where you've made an attack roll and (hopefully!) dealt damage to a target, but you haven't taken an attack action.

I can see an argument that you could move, use EB, then use the Boots to make a weapon attack as a swift action, but you definitely wouldn't get to invoke EB a second time by RAW.

Thurbane
2018-09-22, 05:07 PM
A Belt of Battle (MIC p.73) is probably your best bet.

animewatcha
2018-09-22, 11:06 PM
More leeway can be given if the EB was a melee attack itself.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-09-23, 12:06 AM
He can't get an extra attack from EB but he -can- get an attack with any weapon he could otherwise use as part of a full attack, provided he already has it to hand or has quickdraw or the like.

It comes down to the distinction between the standard action to activate a spell-like ability and the attack action used to make weapon attacks. The standard rules allow you to grant yourself one of the latter with a standard action or several with a full round action but it doesn't exchange the other way around.